Night & Day: DRASTIC Hair Changes (Not your ordinary comparison shots!)

:kiss:
so1913 said:
ETA: The whole point of this is that I remember CLEARLY when I cut my hair that short simply for "change" thinking "how in the hell am I going to grow this out???" At the time, I thought it would be impossible, or would take a lifetime. Sure, it's been 5 years, with other hair styles, cuts, and changes in between. I know a lot of women get discouraged about the "time" it takes to grow hair out and thinks it will take "forever". The time flies. It's possible ;) And I think it's good to "show" that it is possible, especially for the newcomers.

I'll come back with my pics but I just wanted to say, you're such a sweetheart for doing this. Many of us do get frustrated with the time especially when we're counting seconds. One more thing, I would love to have your hair!

sylver2 said:
From the Halle berry short cut with shaved back..lol
COMP-vi.jpg
:ill: You Hair makes me SICK... I LOVE it, LOVE it... thats the length i want to reach. PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE PM me your regimen....

wonderfuly progress.:eek:

This pic is AMAZING! is that a set and blow out??? I thought it was a relaxer but your siggy says ur still natural, and there I was hating that you have all that body. It looks yummy! :lick:

Asha97 said:

I already posted, but I found an old pic of my bald spot. It looked like an arrow ... forehead this way. :lachen:

baldspot-vi.jpg
baldspot2-vi.jpg

There's still a line, tho.

Last edited:
lauren450 said:
Great progress ladies! Ok, here are mine:

My BC (sort of. This is after my wedding. My hair was extremely damaged, so my stylist suggested I start over)

2005_0822Image0039.jpg

This is now, about 3.5 years later:

2000_022800123thursday0023-1.jpg

WOW!
What a huge difference!

Thanks so much ladies:-)) Fokti under reconstruction

This is a great thread So.
Love seeing these drastic comparisons. Lets u know it can be done even if u are at your most frustrating, stressing giving up moment..lol
Beautiful Progress girls

WOOOOOWEEEEEEE, all of these loving heads of hair, all of them are amazing, Congrats to you all! and thanks for sharing. I love threads like these. :D

So1913 and Sareca!!!!! Can the two of you PM me your hair regimen's because I think that the two of you are my hair twins. I think my hair would fall somewhere in the middle of yours!!! Oh my gosh, you're hair is beautiful. You all are my inspiration! Sorry for hijackin but I had to call ya'll out!

Asha97 said:
I cut my hair chin length during the month of September 2005, because I wanted to wear my hair in a non-floppy afro. I achieved my goal, but missed my length terribly. As of August 2006, I've gotten that length back (prior to the cut) and more.

test8-vi.jpg
test6-vi.jpg
test7-vi.jpg

I had to pick my jaw up of the floor when I was these amazing curls!!!!!
All of you ladies are very inspirational!!Beautiful heads of hair.Wish there was a magazine of LHCF ladies before and after with regimens instead of all the worthless unbeweavable magazines that I see on the stands :D

47b5ce33b3127cce94e8151ccf3b00000026108AbuWzVo5Yt1

from this to my siggy

and from this (wore my hair like this for years after my daughter birth)

101-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Wow!!! You guys have got some great progress. I guess I need to start taking more pictures of my hair so that I can see my own progress. Keep up the great work ladies.

Asha97 said:
I cut my hair chin length during the month of September 2005, because I wanted to wear my hair in a non-floppy afro. I achieved my goal, but missed my length terribly. As of August 2006, I've gotten that length back (prior to the cut) and more.

test8-vi.jpg
test6-vi.jpg
test7-vi.jpg

Beautiful! I like your hair every way you have it. Are you a hair model?

i showed my kids these pictures because its such an inspiration.

you ladies have done well and give me hope!! I was feeling a little down about my hair and not seeing too much progress in my opinion but..i guess i need patience.

thanks...!

:bouncy:

This is the best thread EVER!! :lol:

This is my hair in November 2003. Fully relaxed bone straight (w/about 1/2 inch of newgrowth). My hair was between shoulder and apl when straight.
tgsideviewmk2.jpg

This is September 2006, almost 3 years later. Now fully natural and midback when stretched out.
image8cu6.jpg

This thread shows some amazing progress and how not only our hair's health change,but our styles changed too. beautiful

BlackCardinal said:
This is the best thread EVER!! :lol:

This is my hair in November 2003. Fully relaxed bone straight (w/about 1/2 inch of newgrowth). My hair was between shoulder and apl when straight.
tgsideviewmk2.jpg

This is September 2006, almost 3 years later. Now fully natural and midback when stretched out.
image8cu6.jpg

Beautiful!

sweetfacekay said:
Here are my pics...I still cringe at the 2nd one. All of these are in a span of 5 months.

194556191.jpg

194556190.jpg

Here is that same area 5 months later when I BC'd
194556195.jpg
Wow! Go head girl! That's a lot of growth!

Back