Night & Day: DRASTIC Hair Changes (Not your ordinary comparison shots!)

I LOVE seeing these pictures! Everyone who posted here has made some fantastic progress. :)

Here is my hair in July '05, just after I chopped off over ten inches.

backwetjulyforcompare.jpg

Here is my hair exactly one year later in July '06

Hair1yearanni168compare.jpg

Here is a comparison pic of my ponytail. In 2005 I could only wear my hair up high and it wasn't so easy to get all the hair in the scrunchie. Exactly one year later, I was able to wear a low ponytail.

ponytailyearcomparesig.jpg

This is one of the reasons I think taking pics is so good. You can really see how much progress you've made. Pictures are great for those times when you think things are moving slowly. You can look back and say...wow...my hair has REALLY grown a lot!

angellazette said:
Ok here goes...

Day of my last relaxer, lol I had actually just had a fresh relaxer that day! :eek:
IMG_0553-vi.jpg

Today
dhcf1-vi.jpg

If I wont be garshdarn if this ain't enought to make a sista go natural I just don't know what will.. I mean my hair almost just pretty much look like this after a FRESH RELAXER in pic 1, AND that patch of hair in the back of my head when stretching(the newgrowth)looks like your hair in the back in pic 2!!!!!!! I wish I wasn't so chicken to go natural tho. ya'll pray for me.

Last edited:
This is a great idea! Thanks for starting this thread SO1913! I really need the encouragement as I am just starting my journey to natural hair and it seems like I'll never get there! :(

Everyone's hair look beautiful and you have all made great progress. :)

Cichelle said:
I LOVE seeing these pictures! Everyone who posted here has made some fantastic progress. :)

Here is a comparison pic of my ponytail. In 2005 I could only wear my hair up high and it wasn't so easy to get all the hair in the scrunchie. Exactly one year later, I was able to wear a low ponytail.

This is one of the reasons I think taking pics is so good. You can really see how much progress you've made. Pictures are great for those times when you think things are moving slowly. You can look back and say...wow...my hair has REALLY grown a lot!

WOW!!:eek: :eek: You've made some amazing progress, Cichelle! You barely had a chance to miss those 10 inches you cut off :lol: I love your curls, your hair is so pretty! :D

April 2006:After one year without relaxer (pregnancy)
April2006pre-relax.jpg

This is after the relaxer that cost me $130 here in Idaho
april2006post-relax.jpg

And now I cut off the hair to go natural!
August2006.jpg

Its a bit shorter now cause I had to clean it up a bit.

Last edited:
one of the last pics of me with relaxed hair - Sometime 2002
blah.jpg

Natural - September 2005
HPIM4748.jpg

Natural - recent cut - Septemeber 2006
Picture1160.jpg

Last edited:
sweetfacekay said:
Here are my pics...I still cringe at the 2nd one. All of these are in a span of 5 months.

194556191.jpg

194556190.jpg

Here is that same area 5 months later when I BC'd
194556195.jpg

Wow girl that area grew in really fast...5 months!!!! Maybe going natural was what helped the process.

I cut my hair chin length during the month of September 2005, because I wanted to wear my hair in a non-floppy afro. I achieved my goal, but missed my length terribly. As of August 2006, I've gotten that length back (prior to the cut) and more.

test8-vi.jpg
test6-vi.jpg
test7-vi.jpg

poetist said:
Dang, you ladies are killing me. Beautiful, Lauren. PS - but it even looked thick and lush in the 1st pic

thank you! People used to think my short hair was one of those Halle Berry wigs. Just goes to show that even short hair can be mistaken for fake!

I love your hair , thats what made me try Vitale :lol:

Im using Vitale Concorde as a relaxer now, its MY relaxer finally!!

lauren450 said:
thank you! People used to think my short hair was one of those Halle Berry wigs. Just goes to show that even short hair can be mistaken for fake!

Wow Ladies. Wow To all of you! Iwould be here forever picking each and everyone of you out. All of you have really done some amazing things. Lots of beautiful hair!

Yay! PerfectDoak I was waiting for you to come in here and show off your beautiful hair and color!!!

PerfectDoak said:
Ooh, great thread!

September 2004
september04.jpg

October 2006
october06.jpg

Lauren and Sareca verrry nice. Everyone else's pics are so very beautiful and are truly inspiring as well... I'll see if i can dig up my neck length cut, when i get home...

Last edited:
nomoweavesfome said:
If I wont be garshdarn if this ain't enought to make a sista go natural I just don't know what will.. I mean my hair almost just pretty much look like this after a FRESH RELAXER in pic 1, AND that patch of hair in the back of my head when stretching(the newgrowth)looks like your hair in the back in pic 2!!!!!!! I wish I wasn't so chicken to go natural tho. ya'll pray for me.

You'll know when you're ready! I had transitioned once before and only made it a few months, then I relaxed (pic 1)...then immediately transitioned again, that time for 14 months.

so1913 said:
I thought it would be cool for everyone to share pictures of your hair from one extreme to another, whether it be style (some of us have come a loooong way, lol) color, length (doesn't have to be short to long, can be the other way around), health, texture, etc. just two shots that are COMPLETELY and DRASTICALLY different from the other. It just shows how versitile our hair is, and how NOTHING is permenant. We can make changes, make progress, and none of these drastic differences in our hair over time could happen if our hair DID NOT GROW, right? More motivation!!!!

Here are mine:

July 2006
IMG_3781-vi.jpg

girl your hair is the hotness. great progress. i likey

lauren450 said:
Great progress ladies! Ok, here are mine:

My BC (sort of. This is after my wedding. My hair was extremely damaged, so my stylist suggested I start over)

2005_0822Image0039.jpg

This is now, about 3.5 years later:

2000_022800123thursday0023-1.jpg

U remind me of Cece Winans... beautiful hair

Asha97 said:
I cut my hair chin length during the month of September 2005, because I wanted to wear my hair in a non-floppy afro. I achieved my goal, but missed my length terribly. As of August 2006, I've gotten that length back (prior to the cut) and more.

test8-vi.jpg
test6-vi.jpg
test7-vi.jpg
I love these pictures, Your hair looks great

All I can say is WOW! If this isn't pure inspiration, I don't know what is! The growth of your hair in one year's time is amazing. I can't wait until I can grow my hair out enough to do the big chop.

Thanks for the pictures ladies! This thread is like the tranistioner's thread but with pictures.

Cichelle said:

Back