Newbie Challenge 08 P2

I am sooo down for drinking as much water as possible! I just got engaged and although we haven't set a date yet, i need to get on track as far as the weight and hair growth is concerned...this challenge is a GOD SEND!
My birthday is June 19 and I hope to be a lot closer to APL by then. My dream is to be able to do a braid out and wear it down so hopefully i can reach that goal by then!

Last edited:
Thanks for the input ladies, I think I will just let it grow and see what happens :yep:

Btw, Ivy, I LOVE the thickness of your hair! Congrats on your BC.

Want to report in on how I'm doing so far with our water challenge.

As I thought, while at work, I did very well, guess my mind is focused on doing anything that I can except work :lachen:. But this weekend while at home, I found it to be a bit challenging. I have a pint size water bottle, and the goal is to drink three of them a day in addition to my glass in the morning and my glass before I go to bed. Needless to say, I've been getting into the habit of the glass in the morning and the glass before bed, but if I've gotten through one pint bottle this weekend I'm good. Guess I have a lot of drinking to do today :drunk:.

Ok, changed up my reggie once again this week.

Talked with a friend of mine who is a hairdresser. I'm just confused with this whole ingredients thing (your talking to a person who reads the labels of NOTHING, when I listen to people talk about carbs...good carbs, bad carbs.... and sugars...points and I'm like what :wallbash: ...food is food it's all meant to eat. I guess during those lessons in science class I was probably in nap mode :grin:). So now I'm having problem understanding what's protein and what's moisturizing (outside the obvious words on the outside of the bottle), well anyway showed him the KUZ and he said the wheat protein is very mild and it's actually considered to be more of a moisturizer (who knew, to me protein is protein). So after listening to him I realized that my breakage is probably coming from a lack of protein. So I went out and brought Motions CPR protein reconstructor, which I will probably start doing once every 2 weeks now. I also brought the ORS pak, and the HE LTR shampoo, condish, and leave in :yay:. I had to travel for work last week to Columbus OH, and found the leave in at Walmart.

So after lurking around the forum I read that after you do a protein treatment you have to moisturize. So here is what I'm going to try during this wash. The Motions CPR on dry hair for 60 min. under my dryer (sitting with that now). Wash with the HE LTR, put on the ORS Pak for 60 min under the dryer, condish with the LTR Conditioner, for 10 min, put on the leave in and roller set.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Alright ladies!! I got 2 big bottles of water 1 at work and 1 at home ready for monday!! I'm gonna drink all the fruit juice and tea :coffee: I can possibly consume today :lol: cause tomorrrow I am off to just water!!

I am sooo down for drinking as much water as possible! I just got engaged and although we haven't set a date yet, i need to get on track as far as the weight and hair growth is concerned...this challenge is a GOD SEND!
My birthday is June 19 and I hope to be a lot closer to APL by then. My dream is to be able to do a braid out and wear it down so hopefully i can reach that goal by then!

Congratulations on your recent engagement! :clap:

Ok, changed up my reggie once again this week.

Talked with a friend of mine who is a hairdresser. ... well anyway showed him the KUZ and he said the wheat protein is very mild and it's actually considered to be more of a moisturizer (who knew, to me protein is protein). So after listening to him I realized that my breakage is probably coming from a lack of protein. So I went out and brought Motions CPR protein reconstructor, which I will probably start doing once every 2 weeks now. I also brought the ORS pak, and the HE LTR shampoo, condish, and leave in :yay:. I had to travel for work last week to Columbus OH, and found the leave in at Walmart.

So after lurking around the forum I read that after you do a protein treatment you have to moisturize. So here is what I'm going to try during this wash. The Motions CPR on dry hair for 60 min. under my dryer (sitting with that now). Wash with the HE LTR, put on the ORS Pak for 60 min under the dryer, condish with the LTR Conditioner, for 10 min, put on the leave in and roller set.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Good luck on your new regi'. What is HE LTR? I think your right: Protein and moisturizers are too totally different animals. Protein is protein no matter the application.

Please keep us posted on your prgress.

OK LADIES PLZ DONT FORGET THAT OR WATER CHALLENGE STARTS TOMORROW...

THE LEAST AMOUNT OF WATER IS 3 BOTTLES

PLZ CHECK IN AND LET US KNOW HOW MUCH U DRANK AND HOW WAS IT

TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS LADIES

So I worked on my hair on Saturday I DC'd, wash and air dry.... I loved the way it turned out....

Lets see if these pics will post

hair21708009.jpg

hair21708019.jpg

hair21708036.jpg

hair21708040-1.jpg

Last edited:
So I worked on my hair on Saturday I DC'd, wash and air dry.... I loved the way it turned out....

hair21708009.jpg

hair21708019.jpg

hair21708036.jpg

hair21708040-1.jpg

Your hair looks really good!! I wish that I could wash my hair and go. If I did it would look horrible! I got HE breaks over and am going to try it. Hopefully it will minimize breakage when I try to detangle my hair.

Your hair looks really good!! I wish that I could wash my hair and go. If I did it would look horrible! I got HE breaks over and am going to try it. Hopefully it will minimize breakage when I try to detangle my hair.

Thanx... I hope the HE breaks over works for you. I used it for this wash and Im not sure if It works for breakage bc Im always shedding but it works for moisture and making the NG soft, very soft

Thanx... I hope the HE breaks over works for you. I used it for this wash and Im not sure if It works for breakage bc Im always shedding but it works for moisture and making the NG soft, very soft

I tried the HE break over this weekend. It worked great! I am not seeing much breakage as before and my hair feels stronger. Last week, each time I touched my hair, I had a couple of broken strands in my hand. Now, when I touch it or hold it, I am not seeing much, if any breakage. Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate it!:yep:

Hey ladies!!!

I'm back! Had a great time in ATL and now I am back at work, trying to catch up! I should be catching up on things I missed at work on friday, but of course I am here trying to catch up on all the posts I missed :ohwell::grin: So prepare for an influx of messages from me! :yep:

I'm definitely down for the water challenge. I don't drink anything but water and green tea as it is; I drink 8 cups of water a day. I have one of those 32 oz bottles and I just fill it twice and drink while I do my work, so its not really a challenge for me. We've got to do a sweet challenge soon!!! THAT is just what I need! But for now I'm totally down to support all of you with the water challenge!!

Got a question for everybody. How does this end sealing thing work. Do you do it on wet hair, dry hair whaaaaatttt :wallbash:. This wash I sealed (any way that is what I thought I was doing) with EVOO did it on wet hair after I put on the leave in, did I do it right?????

That sounds about right to me. And I think you do it everytime you moisturize... which would be everyday/every other day...right?

And I have a question: when you use EVOO, is it real, cooking EVOO or a bottle of Olive Oil made for hair?:ohwell:

That sounds about right to me. And I think you do it everytime you moisturize... which would be everyday/every other day...right?

And I have a question: when you use EVOO, is it real, cooking EVOO or a bottle of Olive Oil made for hair?:ohwell:

The kind you cook with.:yep:

OH BOY!!! I soo needed this challenge but 3 bottles??? wow I probably drink one bottle per week! This is gonna be soo hard for me!! All I drink is hot tea! and no one ever answered my question..... Does vitamin water give you the same nurtirents as regular water?? I don't think it does but a lot of people seem to believe it does.

I used to drink vitamin water alllll the time! But to me, its a waste of calories, carbs, and sugar... just add Crystal Light to your water :imo:

You know I did! The first pic is of me and my best friend Dhivya and her sister. I had blast on my Bday! My hair was pulled back in a low ponytail. I was going for a chic, modern, classic look. The second pic was taken on the same day I got the treebraids done.

Ooh girl, your hair was super cute :grin:... I've been wanting to try tree braids but I get very hesitant. I've seen some look... not so cute :nono: What kind of hair was that?

Hi, ladies! I did a color showers last night. All in all, I love it! I used the Champagne color and it turned my grays a pretty auburn color!!! :grin: My Sally's did not have the ORS replenishing paks :wallbash:, so I had to use Silk Elements Mega Silk DC after the color. It was nice and gave a lot of slip, but I kept rinsing bc the shower water still had tinges of orange from the color, so I think I basically ended up rinsing all the conditioner out! :perplexed This was my first time doing color, so I am taking it easy on myself. My hair was kinda hard, but I think the ORS Rep Pak woulda knocked that right out. My friend is grabbing me a couple of paks from her Wal-mart today...:drunk:

I tried to do the bantu knots(following pr3tty's method using Mizani H20 on dry hair sections), but I wanted loose waves and I had them this morning when I took them down (I did about 5 big knots), but they hurt my head during the nght :perplexed and when I went to the gym this morning, they all kinda fell out:ohwell:. I think I had them too big and too few...Oh well...I will try to do fewer knots tonight (or just straight pin curl my hair), but check out my FOTKI for pics of the color. I probably won't have another check until the end of March for length after my relaxer...

Finding Me, your color came out reeeally nice!!! And your hair is already beautiful!!!!:yep:

I went to get my hair done yesterday :grin:
I went to the same hair stylist that does my mom's hair (My mom has healthy, shiny hair grazing BSL).
I got a wash, deep condition, jet black permanent dye :blush: and a press.
Btw, sorry about the low quality of the pics, I need to get new batteries for my digi camera and so I had to use my cell phone to take pics :wallbash:

sideshot.jpg

I love the thickness:

thickness.jpg

But I HATE the uneven length in back. It looks like my hair is trying to do a V-shape, but took a wrong turn somewhere :lachen:

backshot.jpg

Should I go ahead and trim and even it up? Or just let it alone and let it grow out some more?

Lookin good! :yep: I definitely don't think you should cut it yet

hair21708009.jpg

hair21708019.jpg

hair21708036.jpg

hair21708040-1.jpg

Ooh Pr3tty!!! You hair is sooooo pr3tty!!!!!:grin: If my hair curled like that, I wouldn't have to spend hours doin this twistout!!

I was wondering what do you consider three bottles. Would that be 3 bottles of the regular 1.00- 1.25 size poland spring bottles? I have the larger poland spring bottle which is 1.5L (1QT, 1Pt, 2.7 FL Oz) is that enough?

Okay y'all...I'M BAAACK! I missed a few days (unintentionally). I actually had to grab a paper and pen to jot down notes on the comments I needed to make. Here goes...

First off, BIG CONGRATS are in order for Ivy on her BC (your natural hair is gorgeous!) and Mrs.Watson on her recent engagement! :dance7:

The Water Challenge: I'm in (of course)! :yep: I'm real shady :sekret: with the water drinking. I can drink it but I never stay focused for the long term.

On my birthday: June 25th, I plan to wear a rollerset. Hopefully my hair will be long enough...:rolleyes:

Boundless Tresses: I have some but haven't been using it regularly enough to comment...that's a recurring issue with me.:ohwell:

Colorshowers: FindingMe...girl, I've been dying to use it. A few weeks ago I clarifyed and my hair was greenish brown (I'd been blondish and dyed black). I wanted to cover with Colorshowers but I couldn't wait for it to be shipped, so I demi-permed instead. Colorshowers is on my list!

My regimen: Okay so I've been sticking to my regimen of pre-pooing, shampooing and DCing 2x a week. Now I'm going through the process of finding the products that will be staples in my routine. Through trial and error, I've found that my hair LOVES Elasta QP products and my hair HATES protein!

My new staples are:
Suave Humectant (for Prepoo)
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Poo (with peppermint added)
Elasta QP DRP-11 (with peppermint and jojoba added)
Elasta QP H-Two Leave In Spray
Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moist. (added jojoba & peppermint, as a sealant)
Elasta QP Design Foam
ORS Olive Oil Mousse/Setting Lotion

These are the products that I've been using and I've had little to no dandruff or itching. It's crazy that for many years, my "dandruff" has basically been DRYNESS due to lack of moisture!:wallbash:

I just read a post today about Elasta QP...the line is made by the makers of Elucence and Kenra which are well respected here on the board. Macherieamour also touts the benefits of using a whole product line and from what I'm seeing, it works!

My hair has responded so well to the Elasta line that I'm gonna add these others to my regimen:
Elasta QP Scalp Stimulating Poo/Con...I've heard people use this to clarify
Elasta QP Mango Butter
Elasta QP Mild Lye Relaxer
Elasta QP Glaze Gel

Back