Newbies let get together and get results.. All r welcome

A puff? I wish...no way..but is is growing...you know i started with about 1/2 inch so now i have about 2 to 2 1/2 and its only been 3 mths. Im just ready to wear it out...but my spot hasn't grown in fully yet...i have a little bit left to cover..i have 2 pics on the previous page

Girl, I believe you can make a cute puff, just get a headband and slick the front back into the headband and leave the back out:yep:

HOW CUTE ARE YOU WITH YOUR TWA?!?!?!:drunk: You have such a pretty face and smile and the hair is definitely cute with them...:yep: no homo...LOL

Girl, I believe you can make a cute puff, just get a headband and slick the front back into the headband and leave the back out:yep:

HOW CUTE ARE YOU WITH YOUR TWA?!?!?!:drunk: You have such a pretty face and smile and the hair is definitely cute with them...:yep: no homo...LOL

Aww thanks FM, but I can't slick it back and wear it out yet....my spot hasn't grown in fully...and imma have a big ol donut hole in the center of my head:lachen:....its getting there though...your NG is crazy...I agree with pretty its looks so soft....good job on your transition

I agree. It looks so pretty :giggle: I'm sure mine will be entirely too curly and hard to handle

I am 4 and a half months post and didnt know how to handle the two different textures but if u dc alot u should be fine too bad I have very fine relaxed hair that couldnt handle much

I am starting my journey to get my hair thicker and longer. Right now im shoulder length but very thin.
I thought of cutting my hair off again but now im just gonna work at it.
Im gonna use what I've learn from this site and I will post pics monthly b4 and after poos cons and treatments.
I am a newbie and is finding it hard to fit in with the pace of everyone who has been doing this 4 so long.
I would love for other newbies to join me and lets do the damn thing but if not im willing to go at it alone.

If ur reading this and is willing to do this with me we will have a start date and an ending date.
We will share what products we are gonna use
We will also share if we are willing to use aids (MTG MN etc)
How often we plan on washing relaxing etc.
Hair type
We will be checking in with progress pics monthly (this is a must)

I welcome anyone who will keep this thread going and who wants to reach their hair goal especially if ur a newbie.

Im determine to have the hair I dream of even if I have to do it alone!

looks like I wont have to go at it alone..

Welcome ladies...

PR3TTY
NOEMI
HOTRIBENA
IVY BUTTER
CUTENAPPYGRL
AKIMAT001
TADEJA
MIKAL
CHOCONILLAPRINCESS
LAPACIENCIA
SUNSHINE BABY
SJ11987
MRS. GOOCH
PETITE ONE
EVALINAL
TRAYCEE
BELLEBEBE
GALADRIEL
NATURALLONG81
CINDYL
BEAUTIFULREALITY
MS. AMERAKA
HKKELLY
JOY30906
BEAUTIFULLYBLACK
MRSMERCERY
TLSTACY
GRACEFUL89
MZVEDA
CERCHIER
DAWN1980
CLMACKY
FINDING ME

I hope I am not to late but please add me as well!

BK ^_^

I know its the end of the year but is it to late for me to join and get an early start on next year? If not I will wait.

thanks I'm currently stretching or trying to until 8 weeks, but just at 4 weeks and my new growth is unbearable. I will post pictures after my relaxer which will be right before Thanksgiving

Good Morning,

I would like to join. I'm a newbie...I have been reading and reading all the wonderful information here on LHCF. I have been hiding my hair for about 2 years now using full head sew-in weaves. I wear the weaves for 3 to 3 1/2 months at a time with a net used on the top portion of my head because me edges are fragile and need little stress as possible. My last relaxer would have been in Oct '06 and all of the permed hair gone by Feb '07. I don't know what type of hair I have or how long it is, but it seriously thick and has ALOT of shrinkage. I haven't had long hair since I was in elementary and am OBSESSED with growing long hair.

I currently just use Surge Motion Lotion Oil #9 (applicator tip), QP Mango Butter around the edges and Sulfur 8 light hair moisturizing lotion with an applicator tip between the tracks.

I am looking to find tips on how to take care of my hair under the sew-in and want to eventually next year wear my own hair out, but there is NO rush on this. I also want to build up the strength of my edges which has improved greatly with the use of the net on my hair. I LOVE weave. I nevere liked it before, but I was the type to get my hair done every week and not touch it or lay on it or anything. I would go in the next week looking like I had just gotten my hair done.

My next sew-in is in December. I hope to be armed with enough information by then to update my hair type and length.

Good Morning,

I would like to join. I'm a newbie...I have been reading and reading all the wonderful information here on LHCF. I have been hiding my hair for about 2 years now using full head sew-in weaves. I wear the weaves for 3 to 3 1/2 months at a time with a net used on the top portion of my head because me edges are fragile and need little stress as possible. My last relaxer would have been in Oct '06 and all of the permed hair gone by Feb '07. I don't know what type of hair I have or how long it is, but it seriously thick and has ALOT of shrinkage. I haven't had long hair since I was in elementary and am OBSESSED with growing long hair.

I currently just use Surge Motion Lotion Oil #9 (applicator tip), QP Mango Butter around the edges and Sulfur 8 light hair moisturizing lotion with an applicator tip between the tracks.

I am looking to find tips on how to take care of my hair under the sew-in and want to eventually next year wear my own hair out, but there is NO rush on this. I also want to build up the strength of my edges which has improved greatly with the use of the net on my hair. I LOVE weave. I nevere liked it before, but I was the type to get my hair done every week and not touch it or lay on it or anything. I would go in the next week looking like I had just gotten my hair done.

My next sew-in is in December. I hope to be armed with enough information by then to update my hair type and length.
:welcome3:

I want in! I'm currently ear length and my regimen is:
co washing once every week with he long term relationship
aphogee keratin mist
a bit of nexxus humctress, he breaks over leave in, and jojoba oil mixed with water.
apply some biosilk
jane carter wrap and roll
wrap my hair sit under the dryer and viola!
during the week to keep my ends moisturized I used cantu shea butter and seal with tea tree oil.

hello id like to join as u can see from my albums i destroyed the sides of my hair i had a quick weave with the top and sides out well apparently the top and sides broke off due to chlorine, and me trying to do my own dye :nono::nono::nono::sad::sad: needless to say instead of shaving my hair i just decided to work with it im glad i found this website..i want healthier stronger longer hair....just with the little bit of tlc i have been doing the past 20 days i have noticed my sides are growing back in quite fast...which is bringing my obsession to an even greater level...i read thru tips and forums but sometimes i think some of the older members tend to "laugh" at questions a newer person may have im sorry but in 2006 i just wasnt on this site so when folks make references to something being old news....well its new to me...as well as others.....i hope others will share there items they are using...if anyone new wants to message me and share tips id be glad to hear what u are using...again this is all new to me...thank u all for your time....tiff

oct 2008 sides damaged....shoulder length type 4b
short term goal sides regrown
long term goal...armpit lenght

once a week shampoo and condition with optimum care advance breakage
air dry/ light flat iron
recently bought pantene prov dc mask *cant wait to use*
use satin rollers nightly and satin scarf/bonnet
optimum care anti breakage hairdress cream--would like input on other oils/moisturizers
ordered mega-tek off ebay today oct 13 waiting for it to be shipped

Last edited:
hello id like to join as u can see from my albums i destroyed the sides of my hair i had a quick weave with the top and sides out well apparently the top and sides broke off due to chlorine, and me trying to do my own dye :nono::nono::nono::sad::sad: needless to say instead of shaving my hair i just decided to work with it im glad i found this website..i want healthier stronger longer hair....just with the little bit of tlc i have been doing the past 20 days i have noticed my sides are growing back in quite fast...which is bringing my obsession to an even greater level...i read thru tips and forums but sometimes i think some of the older members tend to "laugh" at questions a newer person may have im sorry but in 2006 i just wasnt on this site so when folks make references to something being old news....well its new to me...as well as others.....i hope others will share there items they are using...if anyone new wants to message me and share tips id be glad to hear what u are using...again this is all new to me...thank u all for your time....tiff

oct 2008 sides damaged....shoulder length type 4b
short term goal sides regrown
long term goal...armpit lenght

once a week shampoo and condition with optimum care advance breakage
air dry/ light flat iron
recently bought pantene prov dc mask *cant wait to use*
use satin rollers nightly and satin scarf/bonnet
optimum care anti breakage hairdress cream--would like input on other oils/moisturizers
ordered mega-tek off ebay today oct 13 waiting for it to be shipped

Welcome.... Im sure in no time you will see change. We are all here together and in this thread u can ask any questions old or new, we have the most wonderful ladies in here and together we will be at our hair goal in no time.

Hey everyone, I'd like to join you all. I found this forum just a few days ago and it's really informative and has inspired me to make an effort with my hair after neglecting it for quite a while.

I recently chopped lots of my hair off as it had been damaged in a 'relaxer misap' but feel it is time to grow again!

My hair is 3c type. I'm not quite sure how long it is right now but I will post pictures tomorrow.

Hey everyone, I'd like to join you all. I found this forum just a few days ago and it's really informative and has inspired me to make an effort with my hair after neglecting it for quite a while.

I recently chopped lots of my hair off as it had been damaged in a 'relaxer misap' but feel it is time to grow again!

My hair is 3c type. I'm not quite sure how long it is right now but I will post pictures tomorrow.

~~~~~Welcome~~~~

Hi All,
I have finally updated my progress photos from pre-post perm from Aug to October in my siggy. I am happy with the results. It just reminds me that when I take care of my hair, it will act right :) I am joining the Megatek/OCT Challenge starting this coming Sunday through my next relaxer (hopefully I will push past 9 to 10 WKS) and I will let me my mom trim me up a bit to make the edges neat and get rid of any split ends. Also, I am going to do buns and pin-ups from now through the next relaxer. I don't know about ya'll but winter usually dries my hair out so I am all about the moisture and protective styles :)

Happy growing ;)

By the way, what is MN? I am still catching up on all of the acronyms!!

TaurusAngel's post replied
"MN is Miconazole Nitrate. It is the active ingredient in monistat and neosporin AF. It is used as a growth aid for many women. I use it and i really enjoy it."

I am waiting get information on where to buy it, how to apply, and how often. I would also like to know if I need to mix it with anything?

TaurusAngel's post replied
"MN is Miconazole Nitrate. It is the active ingredient in monistat and neosporin AF. It is used as a growth aid for many women. I use it and i really enjoy it."
AH OK :) Got it. Please keep us posted on how that works for you. I am hoping to start my Megatek/Ovations applications this week :drunk:

AH OK :) Got it. Please keep us posted on how that works for you. I am hoping to start my Megatek/Ovations applications this week :drunk:

I haven't taken it. That was Taurus Angel's reply to my question. Hopefully, I will be able to find out more on how to use and what to mix with (if anything). If so, I will start this weekend. Good luck with Megatek/Ovations. Take pics so we can see your progress.

BTW...congrats on your weight loss.

Hi ladies -- I'm checking in. I'm trying to adjust to the changing season. It's really getting cold... today temps are dropping into the 40s. My skin is flaring up and so is scalp. Shea butter is a great help for my skin as well as hydrocortisone and vaseline. I've been stretching my relaxer (18 weeks post tomorrow) but shedding is crazy. I washed and deep conditioned last weekend with Aphogee Shampoo for Damaged Hair and Keratin 2 Minute Reconstructor. Hair is cornrowed right now and I'll wear a wig whenever I go outside. To moisturize my hair I use Wet and Wavy Detangler and apply BT to scalp. Doing these things has helped me tremendously in control flaking and that tight dryness. I really wanted to get a touch up last week but I couldn't due to scratching. So I just have to wait. I think I'm just gonna stretch until Dec. because I'm afraid to perm it now.

Back