Newbie Challenge 08 P2

Got a question for everybody. How does this end sealing thing work. Do you do it on wet hair, dry hair whaaaaatttt :wallbash:. This wash I sealed (any way that is what I thought I was doing) with EVOO did it on wet hair after I put on the leave in, did I do it right?????

My birthday is Halloween.......and by way of hair, I will probably wear in an up do. SO and I are already making plans and I think that style will go best with the Dominatrix costume that I'm going to pick out. :lachen:

:whipped::whipped::whipped::whipped:

uuuuummmmmm.......DOMINATRIX....interesting!!!!!!!!

Hi Pr3tty! My birthday is March 8th :woot:! I will be wearing my hair in a sew-in (bohyme brazillian wave) it is so natural looking. One of my favorite styles. I wear it kind of big like Joan from Girlfriends.

I'm glad you didn't ask my age! :ignore: Just to let you know, I plead the 5th!

Got a question for everybody. How does this end sealing thing work. Do you do it on wet hair, dry hair whaaaaatttt :wallbash:. This wash I sealed (any way that is what I thought I was doing) with EVOO did it on wet hair after I put on the leave in, did I do it right?????

Yup! You got it. Sealing does just that - Seals in the moisture. :yep:

Ladies I have a challenge for us that will start On Monday....

I know like myself a lot of us does not drink water or enough that we need.... I personally HATE water so this will be hard 4 me...

We will start out drinking 3 bottle the .5L per day..

Every two weeks we will add an extra bottle and we will stop at 6 bottles. We will try this for 3 month.

We will check in daily to say how we did for the day, you can drink more but not less.

Plz post how much you are currently drinking per day???

Hi Pr3tty! My birthday is March 8th :woot:! I will be wearing my hair in a sew-in (bohyme brazillian wave) it is so natural looking. One of my favorite styles. I wear it kind of big like Joan from Girlfriends.

I'm glad you didn't ask my age! :ignore: Just to let you know, I plead the 5th!

:lachen:you ladies are making me laugh so hard 2night

Ladies when is ur Birthday and how do you think you will wear your hair on that day???

I will also make one post with all our Birthdays

Mine .....

March 14

I will relax on March 11 (I think that will be 14 weeks post) and I will try to wear my hair out and hanging (hopefully) for the first time since joining this board

My Birthday is August 6th so I will hopefully be in Jamaica!! I am gonna get a wet and wavy sewn in weave because my hair getting wet isn't a pretty sight at all!...

Question- The ladies that are washing their hair 2 to 3 times a week are you natural?? Because I could never wash my hair that many times a week!

I know like myself a lot of us does not drink water or enough that we need.... I personally HATE water so this will be hard 4 me...

Every two weeks we will add an extra bottle and we will stop at 6 bottles. We will try this for 3 month.

We will check in daily to say how we did for the day, you can drink more but not less.

Hey P, count me in! I would say I currently drink between 40-60oz per day. There is another member who posted a water challenge and I joined. This lines up perfectly.

OH BOY!!! I soo needed this challenge but 3 bottles??? wow I probably drink one bottle per week! This is gonna be soo hard for me!! All I drink is hot tea! and no one ever answered my question..... Does vitamin water give you the same nurtirents as regular water?? I don't think it does but a lot of people seem to believe it does.

Currently Im drinking 2 bottles per week:sad:

My Birthday is August 6th so I will hopefully be in Jamaica!! I am gonna get a wet and wavy sewn in weave because my hair getting wet isn't a pretty sight at all!...

Question- The ladies that are washing their hair 2 to 3 times a week are you natural?? Because I could never wash my hair that many times a week!

I'm natural and I usually wash my hair 2x's per week. It's a little frustrating, but I'll be aight!

My boyfriend is gonna join me in the challenge which is great because I need the support at home! So now we are gonna stop buying juice and just jugs of water. I'm gonna take pictures of my face also to see if I see a difference there.

So I just saw that there is a water challenge out??? Do you think we shouldnt do ours or what do u ladies think?

I think I still want to do this so we can do it together as we have been doing everything hair wise as a team

My boyfriend is gonna join me in the challenge which is great because I need the support at home! So now we are gonna stop buying juice and just jugs of water. I'm gonna take pictures of my face also to see if I see a difference there.

Im with you I need this for my face also I have always have back break outs. I think its bc I eats soo much sweet and no water.....

We might try a no sweets challenge also but we'll start the water challenge first

This water thing is gonna be a hard one for me I know it

OH BOY!!! I soo needed this challenge but 3 bottles??? wow I probably drink one bottle per week! This is gonna be soo hard for me!! All I drink is hot tea! and no one ever answered my question..... Does vitamin water give you the same nurtirents as regular water?? I don't think it does but a lot of people seem to believe it does.

I thought about this too cause I would do anything 2 get around drinking water but I think pure water may be best

How many ounces or cups does that equal - I currently drink about 4-6 cups of water a day. So maybe I don't need this challenge.

Im with you I need this for my face also I have always have back break outs. I think its bc I eats soo much sweet and no water.....

We might try a no sweets challenge also but we'll start the water challenge first

This water thing is gonna be a hard one for me I know it

Wheww one hard thing at a time lol... Sweets?? whew I wake up in the middle of the night wanting sweets! I am horrible with that! and to think diabetes runs on both sides of my family... maybe one day a no sweets challenge would be a good idea. But, lets stick to the water lol.
I would rather do it on this thread where we are all doing everything together. Because I am sure the other water challenge would end up like our other newbie thread lol.

Okay:ohwell: I guess pure water it is:ohwell:

A water challenge? I'm game. For the past few months I've been forcing myself to drink more water. Here's a thought, If you don't want to drink "pure" water how about adding crystal light? It has no calories and no sugar and taste great. The make little packets that are made to be put into water bottles. Or I use Pur water filters with added flavor, no calories, no sugar, no coloring just the flavor of rasberries, yum!:lick:

Wheww one hard thing at a time lol... Sweets?? whew I wake up in the middle of the night wanting sweets! I am horrible with that! and to think diabetes runs on both sides of my family... maybe one day a no sweets challenge would be a good idea. But, lets stick to the water lol.
I would rather do it on this thread where we are all doing everything together. Because I am sure the other water challenge would end up like our other newbie thread lol.

Ok gurlll we can do it...

Ladies when is ur Birthday and how do you think you will wear your hair on that day???

I will also make one post with all our Birthdays

Mine .....

March 14

I will relax on March 11 (I think that will be 14 weeks post) and I will try to wear my hair out and hanging (hopefully) for the first time since joining this board

My Birthday is January 22, already passed :sad: But I wore my hair in treebraids and it was so cute. Hopefully when my birthday comes around again I will be wearing my hair down my back!!!:grin:

Happy Belated.... Did you take any pics?

You know I did! The first pic is of me and my best friend Dhivya and her sister. I had blast on my Bday! My hair was pulled back in a low ponytail. I was going for a chic, modern, classic look. The second pic was taken on the same day I got the treebraids done.

Attachments

• kdsbday.jpg
    kdsbday.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 15
  • HPIM2289.jpg
    HPIM2289.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

I seal on wet and dry hair. I apply a moisturizer or leave in and then seal with oil. So yep, I think you did it right.

I drink 1-2 bottled waters a day. (Most days anyways) I hate water too, but I gotta drink it. So I'm in.

I am relaxed and I cowash/wash 2-3 times a week sometimes more. Braid-outs and wigs help me to wash that much. I think when I get to my goal I will cut down on washing it so much, because I like straight hair, but that would require using heat several times a week which is a big no-no for me.

Nope, I'm relaxed. I use to wash weekly, then when I came across the forum I bumped up to twice a week. I want to start trying that co wash, but afraid how it's going to turn out. Guess I'm a bit ole school, when you wash your hair you need shampoo :grin:. And with the co wash, you just wash with conditioner hmmmmm, will have to be something I try to get use too.

Back