Newbie Challenge 08 P2

You know I did! The first pic is of me and my best friend Dhivya and her sister. I had blast on my Bday! My hair was pulled back in a low ponytail. I was going for a chic, modern, classic look. The second pic was taken on the same day I got the treebraids done.

You looked so nice on ur birthday ur hair and overall.

Ladies I have a challenge for us that will start On Monday....

I know like myself a lot of us does not drink water or enough that we need.... I personally HATE water so this will be hard 4 me...

We will start out drinking 3 bottle the .5L per day..

Every two weeks we will add an extra bottle and we will stop at 6 bottles. We will try this for 3 month.

We will check in daily to say how we did for the day, you can drink more but not less.

Plz post how much you are currently drinking per day???

Oh Yes!!!! I'm down with this one. Since I started taking all of these dang on vitamins, I've been trying very hard to drink alot of water, but I don't think I'm getting enough in. So this will help me judge. I went out and brought a large liter Poland Spring water bottle, so while I'm at work I just refill it at the water cooler everyday (just started doing this on Tuesday), and I've been challenging myself to at least drink one of them a day, and drink a glass of water in the morning, and one before I go to bed. So this will definitely help. I can't stand water, or how it makes me run to the bathroom, but I know it's the right thing.

Last edited:
Wheww one hard thing at a time lol... Sweets?? whew I wake up in the middle of the night wanting sweets! I am horrible with that! and to think diabetes runs on both sides of my family... maybe one day a no sweets challenge would be a good idea. But, lets stick to the water lol.
I would rather do it on this thread where we are all doing everything together. Because I am sure the other water challenge would end up like our other newbie thread lol.

I agree with all you said, can I get an AMEN!!!. Right now I am helping to keep the Swedish fish company in business. They have become my AMEX "I won't leave home without them" The water challenge is something we all need. And I noticed that since I have been drinking more of it lately, my skin is clearing up quite a bit. I have dermatitis and it's even helping with the skin discoloration that it leaves behind.

Hey ladies! I'm gonna be away for the weekend (sitting on the plane as we speak) so I really won't be able to get on here the way I would like (sad face). I will have to post pics of my twistout with ORS rep pak... Turned out reeeaally nice! I will miss the board; I'm addicted! See ya on Monday!

Hey ladies! I'm gonna be away for the weekend (sitting on the plane as we speak) so I really won't be able to get on here the way I would like (sad face). I will have to post pics of my twistout with ORS rep pak... Turned out reeeaally nice! I will miss the board; I'm addicted! See ya on Monday!

Ok Cocopuff06 have a safe trip

I know like myself a lot of us does not drink water or enough that we need.... I personally HATE water so this will be hard 4 me...

Every two weeks we will add an extra bottle and we will stop at 6 bottles. We will try this for 3 month.

We will check in daily to say how we did for the day, you can drink more but not less.

I started the MC today so altogether I'm drinking about 8 bottles a day.

I'm in! I don't know how much water I drink, but I'm guessing it's a lot because it's the only thing I drink. Water is amazing!

Ladies when is ur Birthday and how do you think you will wear your hair on that day???

I will also make one post with all our Birthdays

Mine .....

March 14

I will relax on March 11 (I think that will be 14 weeks post) and I will try to wear my hair out and hanging (hopefully) for the first time since joining this board

November 30!! I plan to have my APL by then so I will be relaxed and swanging and hanging!! :grin:

:thankyou: Thanks everyone!!! I think the twistout might be my new staple style.

So...I've been reading up on BT. Has anyone tried it??? I'm thinking about using it as a topical growth aid. I already take GNC Hair/skin/nails which contains 3000mcg of biotin as well as an additional 2500mcg of biotin. What are your thoughts??

I ordered it and got it Tuesday, sorry cant post any amazing two day results....but I am hopeful by the 20th or so of next month that I will see the greatness!! :grin:

I'm in on this challenge!! I've been trying to drink a lot of water each day,:coffee: but I still haven't gotten up to the standard 64 oz a day.:badgirl: This challenge can help push me in that direction over time. Thanks for coming up with this idea!
:yep:

Ladies when is ur Birthday and how do you think you will wear your hair on that day???

I will also make one post with all our Birthdays

Mine .....

March 14

I will relax on March 11 (I think that will be 14 weeks post) and I will try to wear my hair out and hanging (hopefully) for the first time since joining this board

April 9 and soft waves and curls from a roller set with my largest rollers! I am planning on relaxing arund the end of March, so it should be fresh!!!:yep:

I'm in:grin:- but I usually drink no less than 32 oz. a day..sometimes I drink the recommended daily allowance of 64oz...but more so in the summer when it's hot. It's hard for me to drink water in cold weather for some reason...

Hi, ladies! I did a color showers last night. All in all, I love it! I used the Champagne color and it turned my grays a pretty auburn color!!! :grin: My Sally's did not have the ORS replenishing paks :wallbash:, so I had to use Silk Elements Mega Silk DC after the color. It was nice and gave a lot of slip, but I kept rinsing bc the shower water still had tinges of orange from the color, so I think I basically ended up rinsing all the conditioner out! :perplexed This was my first time doing color, so I am taking it easy on myself. My hair was kinda hard, but I think the ORS Rep Pak woulda knocked that right out. My friend is grabbing me a couple of paks from her Wal-mart today...:drunk:

I tried to do the bantu knots(following pr3tty's method using Mizani H20 on dry hair sections), but I wanted loose waves and I had them this morning when I took them down (I did about 5 big knots), but they hurt my head during the nght :perplexed and when I went to the gym this morning, they all kinda fell out:ohwell:. I think I had them too big and too few...Oh well...I will try to do fewer knots tonight (or just straight pin curl my hair), but check out my FOTKI for pics of the color. I probably won't have another check until the end of March for length after my relaxer...

I went to get my hair done yesterday :grin:
I went to the same hair stylist that does my mom's hair (My mom has healthy, shiny hair grazing BSL).
I got a wash, deep condition, jet black permanent dye :blush: and a press.
Btw, sorry about the low quality of the pics, I need to get new batteries for my digi camera and so I had to use my cell phone to take pics :wallbash:

sideshot.jpg

I love the thickness:

thickness.jpg

But I HATE the uneven length in back. It looks like my hair is trying to do a V-shape, but took a wrong turn somewhere :lachen:

backshot.jpg

Should I go ahead and trim and even it up? Or just let it alone and let it grow out some more?

Hi, ladies! I did a color showers last night. All in all, I love it! I used the Champagne color and it turned my grays a pretty auburn color!!! :grin: My Sally's did not have the ORS replenishing paks :wallbash:, so I had to use Silk Elements Mega Silk DC after the color. It was nice and gave a lot of slip, but I kept rinsing bc the shower water still had tinges of orange from the color, so I think I basically ended up rinsing all the conditioner out! :perplexed This was my first time doing color, so I am taking it easy on myself. My hair was kinda hard, but I think the ORS Rep Pak woulda knocked that right out. My friend is grabbing me a couple of paks from her Wal-mart today...:drunk:

I tried to do the bantu knots(following pr3tty's method using Mizani H20 on dry hair sections), but I wanted loose waves and I had them this morning when I took them down (I did about 5 big knots), but they hurt my head during the nght :perplexed and when I went to the gym this morning, they all kinda fell out:ohwell:. I think I had them too big and too few...Oh well...I will try to do fewer knots tonight (or just straight pin curl my hair), but check out my FOTKI for pics of the color. I probably won't have another check until the end of March for length after my relaxer...[/quote. ]

Hey,

I checked out your fotki:sweet:... What is a color shower? Is it permanent?

Last edited:

I tried to do the bantu knots(following pr3tty's method using Mizani H20 on dry hair sections), but I wanted loose waves and I had them this morning when I took them down (I did about 5 big knots), but they hurt my head during the nght :perplexed and when I went to the gym this morning, they all kinda fell out:ohwell:. I think I had them too big and too few...Oh well...I will try to do fewer knots tonight (or just straight pin curl my hair), but check out my FOTKI for pics of the color. I probably won't have another check until the end of March for length after my relaxer...

I think you needed more Knots. I had a lot I did as many as like 20 or so guess thats why I had so much curls and plus you hair is a lot thicker than mine so you may need more knots

I went to the same hair stylist that does my mom's hair (My mom has healthy, shiny hair grazing BSL).
Btw, sorry about the low quality of the pics, I need to get new batteries for my digi camera and so I had to use my cell phone to take pics :wallbash:

sideshot.jpg

I love the thickness:

thickness.jpg

But I HATE the uneven length in back. It looks like my hair is trying to do a V-shape, but took a wrong turn somewhere :lachen:

backshot.jpg

Should I go ahead and trim and even it up? Or just let it alone and let it grow out some more?

Girl if u touch that hair we're gonna fight I luv it....:yep:

I don't know if I posted before, but the best under the shower running water detangler for me in CON Reconstructer. Pre-LHCF this stuff could tame my NG, now combined with doing this under running water, the Jibere glides righ through my NG. I love my QH cholesterol, but it my CON runs circles around it.

I tried to do the bantu knots(following pr3tty's method using Mizani H20 on dry hair sections), but I wanted loose waves and I had them this morning when I took them down (I did about 5 big knots), but they hurt my head during the nght :perplexed and when I went to the gym this morning, they all kinda fell out:ohwell:. I think I had them too big and too few...Oh well...I will try to do fewer knots tonight (or just straight pin curl my hair), but check out my FOTKI for pics of the color. I probably won't have another check until the end of March for length after my relaxer...[/quote. ]

Hey,

I checked out your fotki:sweet:... What is a color shower? Is it permanent?

It's a Domincan semi-permanent color. I bought mine from Roundbrush.com

sideshot.jpg

I love the thickness:

thickness.jpg

backshot.jpg

I think it just depends on your personal preference. I just like straight even hair. But the V shape is nice and looks more like a style. I've seen ladies rock both. As long as your ends are cool with no breakage, I think it's just your personal preference...:yep:

sideshot.jpg

I love the thickness:

thickness.jpg

backshot.jpg

Very pretty :yep:! I love the thickness. I wouldn't cut it if I were you. What harm is it in waiting to see what it will do? Once it's gone, it's gone! You can always cut it at a later day.

Alright ladies, I decided against getting a perm and I did it! I finally did the BC and had all of the perm cut off of my head. It's official, I am 100% natural.

My cousin shampoo'd me, blew me dry and lightly pressed my hair for an accurate trim. Here is the results:

25qar02.jpg

2u8vwh1.jpg

67mfk7.jpg

It was to bright in the shop for any before pictures.

Alright ladies, I decided against getting a perm and I did it! I finally did the BC and had all of the perm cut off of my head. It's official, I am 100% natural.

My cousin shampoo'd me, blew me dry and lightly pressed my hair for an accurate trim. Here is the results:

25qar02.jpg

2u8vwh1.jpg

67mfk7.jpg

It was to bright in the shop for any before pictures.

I like it... your hair looks so thick and really nice natural

Mine is April 28 and depending on if its grew any by then, i'll get a rollerset and then wrap it for a loose curl and bouncy look.

Back