Newbie Challenge 08 P2

Alright ladies, I decided against getting a perm and I did it! I finally did the BC and had all of the perm cut off of my head. It's official, I am 100% natural.

My cousin shampoo'd me, blew me dry and lightly pressed my hair for an accurate trim. Here is the results:

25qar02.jpg

2u8vwh1.jpg

67mfk7.jpg

It was to bright in the shop for any before pictures.

Girl, your hair is lovely!!!!! I am glad you didn't get a relaxer bc you don't need one!!!:nono: YOur hair looks so healthy and thick!!! CONGRATULATIONS ON THE BC!!!!

I think that you need to find the right moisturizing products for your hair to give it that silky sheen and you will be happy with your hair! :yep: Have you tried the Organic Root Stimulator line? Their stuff works good on my hair, but I'm also relaxed. I have heard, though, that some ladies with natural hair like it, too. I think MissAmerAKA uses it and her hair is natural, too.

I am sooo down for drinking as much water as possible! I just got engaged and although we haven't set a date yet, i need to get on track as far as the weight and hair growth is concerned...this challenge is a GOD SEND!
My birthday is June 19 and I hope to be a lot closer to APL by then. My dream is to be able to do a braid out and wear it down so hopefully i can reach that goal by then!

Congrats on the engagement!!! :grin: So far, I am meeting the goals of the water challenge!

So I worked on my hair on Saturday I DC'd, wash and air dry.... I loved the way it turned out....

Lets see if these pics will post

hair21708009.jpg

hair21708019.jpg

hair21708036.jpg

hair21708040-1.jpg

PR3TTY! OMG! Your hair looks AMAZING!!!!:spinning: Girl, what DC did you use? I thought you were relaxed...Are you texlaxed? The waves and curls are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! My hair has no natural curl left from the relaxers...:sad:

Last edited:
I tried a wash n go :bath2:...my leave-in made my hair feel a little stiff :paperbag:...going to try again w/different leave in...but I like it :up: I had a trim to try to even my ends.

WnG2-25-08.jpg
ProfileWnG.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks so much guys!!! I really appreciate it! :thankyou:

Okay: my updates!! Today i drank 5 bottles of water...yes, FIVE! And its only 5:13!! I haven't had any juice all day, which is a major feat for me! I'm getting really good results from my frequent co washing (with LTR)..I'm wearing a braidout right now, and will probably rock it until at least Saturday when i have some free time...Oh yeah, I feel WONDERFUL! Definitely think it has to do with my increased water intake (i wasn't feeling my best all weekend)!

I tried a wash n go :bath2:...my leave-in made my hair feel a little stiff :paperbag:...going to try again w/different leave in...but I like it :up: I had a trim to try to even my ends.

WnG2-25-08.jpg
ProfileWnG.jpg

Your hair is lovely!!!:lick: I can tell you trimmed sme off the ends. It looks great! What leave-in did you use?

Your hair is lovely!!!:lick: I can tell you trimmed sme off the ends. It looks great! What leave-in did you use?
Thank you FindingMe. :wave:I used Silicon Mix Leave-in...I am going to try again w/mango butter then lacio lacio then NTM. I will stick w/ which ever works best.

PR3TTY! OMG! Your hair looks AMAZING!!!!:spinning: Girl, what DC did you use? I thought you were relaxed...Are you texlaxed? The waves and curls are BEAUTIFUL!!!!! My hair has no natural curl left from the relaxers...:sad:

Thanx and I was shocked it came out like that bc I relaxed in December bone straight but its going on 2 months and I have lots of NG.

I DC'd with Silicon Mix and mega thick and con with my fav HE Breaks Over and the breaks over leave in and it turned out like that...

Ooh Pr3tty!!! You hair is sooooo pr3tty!!!!!:grin: If my hair curled like that, I wouldn't have to spend hours doin this twistout!!

:lachen:That was really funny... My hair never curled like that b4 but I loved it only thing is it does not last so I still have to do twistout... I wish it would stay a few days that would be great

I tried the HE break over this weekend. It worked great! I am not seeing much breakage as before and my hair feels stronger. Last week, each time I touched my hair, I had a couple of broken strands in my hand. Now, when I touch it or hold it, I am not seeing much, if any breakage. Thanks so much for the advice. I really appreciate it!:yep:

Im so happy u tried it..... It really is a good product

I was wondering what do you consider three bottles. Would that be 3 bottles of the regular 1.00- 1.25 size poland spring bottles? I have the larger poland spring bottle which is 1.5L (1QT, 1Pt, 2.7 FL Oz) is that enough?

Yea the regular bottle

I am sad 2 report I drank a half bottle of water today :sad:

I tried I really hate water but Im gonna try harder

On the bright side I had no soda and that was hard bc I loveeeee soda

I will try really hard 2morrow

Have you tried the Organic Root Stimulator line? Their stuff works good on my hair, but I'm also relaxed. I have heard, though, that some ladies with natural hair like it, too. I think MissAmerAKA uses it and her hair is natural, too.

Thanks for the compliment sis, that really means alot! :yep:

The only ORS item that I have tried is the Mayo and that is a Protein treatment. Any ORS suggestions? MissAmerAKA or anyone who uses ORS please chime in.

Thanks!

I twist my hair bc I need curls 2morrow.... My NG is just out of control Its sooooo much making it hard to style my hair so here is a pic of the starting and tomorrow I will have more pics of how it turned out

hair002.jpg

hair001.jpg

Back