Newbie Challenge 08 P2

Pre3tty, did you do it on wet or dry hair? I am afraid if I do it wet, it will not dry (or I will have to sit under the dryer).

I was thinking about doing the Colorshowers this weekend for my gray and then blowing it out, just to see what the real length is. (if I do, I'll post pics) But after, I was wondering could I use a moisturizer and then twist it like you did to get some soft waves so I won't have to wrap it. Do you think this will work? What kind of moisturizer should I use? (I do have the Mizani Nighttime h2o, the ORS creme http://www.organicrootstimulator.com/products/oliveoil.htm and ORS lotion...):rolleyes:

I did it on dry hair.. I air dry then part my hair put H2O on the hair and twist from top to end then knot and thats it. Took it out the next morning ( I used pins 2 bc my hair wouldnt stay in the knot)Going on day 3 with lots of curls still

Girl, your hair is the truth. :yep: If I had your length, I think I might be a be-yotch!!:lachen:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: That is 2 funny. I think I would be too :lachen: I always say I guess thats y I dont have it bc Lord knows no one would be able to tell me nothing

Last edited:
I CAN'T TAKE THIS NAPPY HAIR!! I'M GOING TO GET A RELAXER THIS WEEKEND!! :hair::pullhair::computer:

There, I said it. I have honestly tried to work this natural hair and I can't do it. I want silky hair not this kinky shrink filled mane. This can't be my hair. My hair is suppose to be pretty, long, soft, and shiny. Not dry and nappy! I don't like feeling my roots and they feel like wire and when I moisturize for a day it's good but the very next day, if I don't moisturize I'M HIT!! Your girl is going to jump off the natural ship. I'll leave that to the big girls with the big ka-who-nah's.

I think b4 u do that u should try HE breaks over Im telling you my new growth being this soft makes me wanna never relax again

hey everyone
i think i posted on here before but anywhoooo
can someone explain to me why people have a hard time strtching the relaxer. i always stretch and don't notice any unusual shedding.

Do u mind posting this question on our original newbie thread so the other ladies who are new can also comment of this as well

I think b4 u do that u should try HE breaks over Im telling you my new growth being this soft makes me wanna never relax again
There's alot of good buzz about HE Breaks Over & Long Term Relationship condish & leave-in...I think I might check it out

There's alot of good buzz about HE Breaks Over & Long Term Relationship condish & leave-in...I think I might check it out

You should I didnt try the LTR I guess I just was more curious about breaks over but it is great and it leaves the hair soooo soft. I cant believe it and its only about $3.00

Hey guys....

Last night I rinsed my hair Jet black. Usually (pre LHCF) my hair is terribly dry after i apply a rinse, but thanks to my new found knowledge, I knew to apply a conditioner after my rinse. I used HE Long Term Relationship and I must say I AM IN LOVE! It smells AMAZING and made my hair sooooo soft. I moisturized with ORS Olive Oil and sealed and this morning my hair felt GREAT. I am so excited, I think this conditioner will replace my hello hydration and breaks over! I'm thinking of trying the leave in too. Has anyone tried it yet? Let me know how it worked...

Well, thats my update...Happy Growing ladies!! :band:

Is it just me or does it seem like no one reads the first page of this thread:nono:.

I even try making it colorful but It just does not work... Im thinking maybe its being mixed up with the other thread just bc no one reads the first page.

I really dont wanna offend anyone but I just feel like this thread was just for the ladies that were actually posting pics having regimen up and was all together and the other thread was for the ladies who needed more time to find what they need and go at a slower paste.

You should I didnt try the LTR I guess I just was more curious about breaks over but it is great and it leaves the hair soooo soft. I cant believe it and its only about $3.00

I found LTR leave-in for sale at Albertson's grocery store for $1.75 ea.
I bought two today, I think I'll go back for more! :spinning:

Here are the results of my twistout! I am very pleased!:grin:

Attachments

• HPIM2512.jpg
    HPIM2512.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 9
  • HPIM2515.jpg
    HPIM2515.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 9
  • HPIM2518.jpg
    HPIM2518.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Is it just me or does it seem like no one reads the first page of this thread:nono:.

I even try making it colorful but It just does not work... Im thinking maybe its being mixed up with the other thread just bc no one reads the first page.

I really dont wanna offend anyone but I just feel like this thread was just for the ladies that were actually posting pics having regimen up and was all together and the other thread was for the ladies who needed more time to find what they need and go at a slower paste.

Yea, I've noticed that... :ohwell: I guess some people go directly to new posts instead of the first page of a thread, so they miss it. I think there is much you can do about that besides just telling them

Hello all! I finally found this thread....nothing new going on, just getting back into my routine. I'm going to post new pics soon. I think I'm averaging an inch or very close to an inch a month because I have 3 inches of new growth in most places and I'm 12 weeks post!!

I read the first few pages and the last few pages....but ITA with the bolded.

Im using Mizani nighttime h2o and so far I love it my hair has been so soft and filled with moisture (which maybe bc of my HE breaks over conditioner) I wont stop until you ladies try it. Its AMAZING and filled with moisture. Those 2 are keepers

I bought the HE breaks over conditioner yesterday. I'm looking forward to giving it a try this weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out. :yep:

ladies today I got a pm from a newbie saying she couldnt find our newbie thread. plz we still have to keep that thread going thats where it all started for us and also for the new ladies that would like some support.

Share with the Newbie to subscribe to the thread, that way the can go to the 'USER CP' section and not have to hunt thru pages to get right to it. HTH

I CAN'T TAKE THIS NAPPY HAIR!! I'M GOING TO GET A RELAXER THIS WEEKEND!! :hair::pullhair::computer:

There, I said it. I have honestly tried to work this natural hair and I can't do it. I want silky hair not this kinky shrink filled mane. This can't be my hair. My hair is suppose to be pretty, long, soft, and shiny. Not dry and nappy! I don't like feeling my roots and they feel like wire and when I moisturize for a day it's good but the very next day, if I don't moisturize I'M HIT!! Your girl is going to jump off the natural ship. I'll leave that to the big girls with the big ka-who-nah's.

I am falling out laughing at you :lachen:....have you thought about texlaxing? Even tho' i see that ladies are able to grow with natural hair I think that I can also grow with well cared for relaxed hair. Check out this fotki http://public.fotki.com/jen2262/ she uses products that you can get out of any store and has great results....HTH

hey everyone
i think i posted on here before but anywhoooo
can someone explain to me why people have a hard time strtching the relaxer. i always stretch and don't notice any unusual shedding.

i think most of it is 'what you are use to'...i was use to having my hair relaxed at 4-6 weeks....ok....at the sign of new growth...I am a little better I waited 8 weeks this last time and plan to progress slowly 10...then 12....not jump in cold turkey with 52 weeks.....

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: That is 2 funny. I think I would be too :lachen: I always say I guess thats y I dont have it bc Lord knows no one would be able to tell me nothing

Me either, my daughter measured last night and she needs 3 inches for APL, she measured me and swears I need 7.....I am getting them seven this year and I will be a self proclaimed BE_YO_TCH!!! The world will not understand me!!! :lachen:

I agree, it was too much to manage with 70 ladies...:lachen: I think the title with NEWBIE in it is drawing folks in. Let's create a thread called "Ride or Die, Long Hair Wanting, Regimen Buidling, Product Junkies" :lachen::lachen:or maybe "Super Secret Challenge-Password Required to Enter":lachen::lachen::lachen:whew...I am crackin' myself up over here...I gotta stop....:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Seriously, though, I think the way we are handling it is good. Directing new people over to the other thread to get started and we also help keep that one going as well...

Ivy- Girl, PM me your password to your FOTKI. I'm tryin' to see what is giving you so much grief. :perplexed Don't be hasty just yet with the relaxer, 'cause once you get it, you can't go back. Maybe we can figure something out.:yep: Hold on...

Back