Newbie Challenge 08 P2

First of all, let me say, Happy Mother's Day to all of the mother's on here. I haven't posted in a good minute, so many things going on, graduations, finishing school, etc. I really didn't change much in my regi except upping my moisture which has really helped me a lot. I'm trying really hard not to cut my hair at the moment, i know i don't have split ends but they do seem a little uneven. I don't have a length shot to show yet, but i did do another air dry set and i liked how it turned out.
2jcsc3k.jpg

I'm 2 weeks post, but i've been using my MN mixture daily and i've upped my washes from once a week to twice a week. It seems to really be working because i seem to have quite a bit of newgrowth already.

Some things i tried this month and i didn't like were the Capilo Sole and Cinnamon Rinse. Its a dominican product but it did nothing for my hair at all.

I am hooked on the V05 poos and cons. I bought a few and they were really good.

I'm still using my Stabilizer Plus, its great for detangling and my Queen Helene Cholesterol. I add EVOO to it and sit under the dryer.

I'm experimenting with moisturizers right now. I'm using Mizani Rose H20 with water right now and sealing with my Wonder 8 oil. I do plan to try some other things though.

I'm still using my Cantu Shea butter as my leave in and for my rollersets.

I think thats all,lol. :grin:

Why God, why? I swear something's trying to keep me from getting to APL :lachen:. I went to my mom's hairstylist yesterday, she's the only hairstylist I trust (my mom is full BSL, and the hairstylist is very good at what she does). She trimmed my hair for me (I swear I'm gonna go on a no-trim challenge...I HATE trims). Anyhow, here's the result. It seems I'm soooo close and either my hair starts revolting or I get a trim. I'm tired of being "just an inch or half an inch" away from APL. I better start using my BT again :spinning:.

Oh, and please excuse the mess :rolleyes:.

100_1351.jpg

Girl I feel the same way. I dont think Im ever gonna get there my mom is always talking me into a trim and I fall for it.

Your hair looks really healthy thou so youre doing something right

Hey ladies...I finally received my camera. Managed to figure out how to take pics on self timer...see my avi and siggy. Haven't quite mastered attaching pics to a post yet but the new pics give you an idea of my progress. I'm happy.

Everyone is doing such a beautiful job improving and growing their hair. Congrats ladies! We're all getting there!

Talk to y'all tomorrow...I'z sleepy.

Hey ladies...I finally received my camera. Managed to figure out how to take pics on self timer...see my avi and siggy. Haven't quite mastered attaching pics to a post yet but the new pics give you an idea of my progress. I'm happy.

Everyone is doing such a beautiful job improving and growing their hair. Congrats ladies! We're all getting there!

your hair looks great Daephae!!!!!!!!!! So nice looking. :yep:

I definitely need to moisturize as well...I too am guilty of bunning and not always moisturizing :blush:. And congrats on your little one as well! (and Kel, congrats on your baby due in October!).

Thanks Galadriel & Morenita..... I am trying to stay strong but this little girl in me is already wearing me out:lachen:... maybe, just maybe I will get that pregnancy hair growth spurt and it will combat the shedding.... I don't know about the garlic and olive oil.... I am soooo greedy I just think....."uhmmmmm spaghetti"

On another note.... Galadriel don't worry... your ends look marvelous and your hair will look that much more healthier when you get to waist length !!! .... now that your ends are nice and tidy have you ever considered not trimming and just baggying your ends ?

GURL!!!! LOOK AT THAT HAIR ON YOUR NECK!!! Your hair is always SO shiny and healthy!!!! OOOHHH! You grow, gurl!!!!!:grin:

Your hair is gorgeous and shiny!!!!! Love it! :yep:

Thanks Galadriel & Morenita..... I am trying to stay strong but this little girl in me is already wearing me out:lachen:... maybe, just maybe I will get that pregnancy hair growth spurt and it will combat the shedding.... I don't know about the garlic and olive oil.... I am soooo greedy I just think....."uhmmmmm spaghetti"

On another note.... Galadriel don't worry... your ends look marvelous and your hair will look that much more healthier when you get to waist length !!! .... now that your ends are nice and tidy have you ever considered not trimming and just baggying your ends ?

It's so funny that you mention that because I'm planning to baggy! I want as few trims as possible, so I'm going to definitely start baggying for a while.

Daephae: Your hair is lovely! Its so shiny and thick :) Thats the great thing about really dark hair (idk if your hair is jet black, but it looks really dark) it just looks sooo healthy and shiny. My mom used to say how damaged my hair looked when she did it, but even she would admit how it really wasn't, and it was my hair color playing tricks on the eye (my hair is kind of a dusty brown lol).

FM: My new hair idol on here is Sareca (http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=9465). Her hair is almost exactly the texture I want mine, maybe a little looser (my natural hair might be her texlaxed texture) I want a wash-n-go with ringlets! :D

I read this thread last night: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=232507

and have decided that this is what I am now doing. I always end up putting my hair in a ponytail or bun anyway, and lately I've noticed that my hair has been feeling really soft the next day still when I do bun it/ponytail it at night after a shampoo/co-wash (its still damp). I ordered 5 flexi-8's as part of my mother's day gift and that will be my summer 'do lol, aside from the rare times I will actually want to take the time to rollerset when I want to show off :p

I got my Moisture Block samples and I plan to try them out the next time I rollerset (who knows when that will be lol)

Still haven't ordered my steamer yet, I should probably go ahead and do it already tho because it will benefit my hair even more with this damp bunning thing. I can't wait to try it!

Daephae: Your hair is lovely! Its so shiny and thick :) Thats the great thing about really dark hair (idk if your hair is jet black, but it looks really dark) it just looks sooo healthy and shiny. My mom used to say how damaged my hair looked when she did it, but even she would admit how it really wasn't, and it was my hair color playing tricks on the eye (my hair is kind of a dusty brown lol).

FM: My new hair idol on here is Sareca (http://www.longhaircareforum.com/member.php?u=9465). Her hair is almost exactly the texture I want mine, maybe a little looser (my natural hair might be her texlaxed texture) I want a wash-n-go with ringlets! :D

I read this thread last night: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=232507

and have decided that this is what I am now doing. I always end up putting my hair in a ponytail or bun anyway, and lately I've noticed that my hair has been feeling really soft the next day still when I do bun it/ponytail it at night after a shampoo/co-wash (its still damp). I ordered 5 flexi-8's as part of my mother's day gift and that will be my summer 'do lol, aside from the rare times I will actually want to take the time to rollerset when I want to show off :p

I got my Moisture Block samples and I plan to try them out the next time I rollerset (who knows when that will be lol)

Still haven't ordered my steamer yet, I should probably go ahead and do it already tho because it will benefit my hair even more with this damp bunning thing. I can't wait to try it!

Im going to do it with you...You wanna make it a personal challenge? Like damp bun for at least like 4-5 days a week for this summer?! I did this before and grew my hair out last summer, the only problem is I have to remember to switch it up and use different hair accessories to pin it up. I had some breakage where I used the same pony tail holder every day.:yep: :urock::thankyou:

Holla when you use the moisture block-

OH, yeah, Sareca's hair is T-I-T-E!!!

Im going to do it with you...You wanna make it a personal challenge? Like damp bun for at least like 4-5 days a week for this summer?! I did this before and grew my hair out last summer, the only problem is I have to remember to switch it up and use different hair accessories to pin it up. I had some breakage where I used the same pony tail holder every day.:yep: :urock::thankyou:

Ok, I'm in! Yeah I hear you on the breakage with the elastics. That's why I ordered the Flexis :ohwell: I'll be on the lookout for more accessories for sure too :yep:

lol :rofl:

Ok I will. And I'll post pics :)

Last edited:
Wow! The shine is blinding girl!!!:lachen: Amazing growth as well! Great job daephae!!!!!!

Okay ladies, I have decided to relax again. Im dropping the phyto 1 and going to the salon tomorrow for a mild relaxer. Not sure what kind we decided on, but I will let you know, and of course I will take pics. I hope this goes well!! Wish me luck ladies!

AW SOOKY SOOKY NOW!!!!!
Daephae your hair is lookin' GOOOOOD!!! :yep::yep::yep: All laid up on the neck!!!! Wait a minute I need my :cool2: because I can't look directly at it. The blingage is blinding . I :heart2:it !

Morning all:hiya:I've read thru all the pages and I'm all caught up(whew). This week I roller set...2 ponytails/2 curlers each ...let it dry over night(like Fiya :yep:)....my hair is soft and bouncy :amen:. I used Alter Ago as a leave in. It was fast and easy.

FM how's that steam treating ya ?

Spill the beans ladies...What's up with the Moisture Block ?

Galadriel that trim is looking good!!!:grin:

5-15-08A.jpg

I :heart2: my banana clip :werd:

Last edited:
AW SOOKY SOOKY NOW!!!!!

Daephae your hair is lookin' GOOOOOD!!! :yep::yep::yep: All laid up on the neck!!!! Wait a minute I need my :cool2: because I can't look directly at it. The blingage is blinding . I :heart2:it !

...aw sooky sooky now!...:lachen::lachen: girl, you took me back! and you are correct on the blingage...daephae's shine is blinding!:grin:

Morning all:hiya:I've read thru all the pages and I'm all caught up(whew). This week I roller set...2 ponytails/2 curlers each ...let it dry over night(like Fiya :yep:)....my hair is soft and bouncy :amen:. I used Alter Ago as a leave in. It was fast and easy.

5-15-08A.jpg

I :heart2: banana clip :werd:

and I :heart2:banana clips in your hair!:werd::lachen:

Girl, I haven't done another steam treatment yet. I am using it on an as needed basis, but especially when I do my protein treatments :yep:. So far, I been co-washing and using a little Mixed Chicks leave-in after the co-wash and my NG is "under control!":whip: :lachen:

I was considering joining Macherieamours no heat 4 month challenge, but I'm scurred...If I need some heat, Ima need some heat...

5-15-08A.jpg

I :heart2: banana clip :werd:

Thanks Klo! How's the Alter Ego treating you? I've been hearing good things about it.

and I :heart2:banana clips in your hair!:werd::lachen:

Girl, I haven't done another steam treatment yet. I am using it on an as needed basis, but especially when I do my protein treatments :yep:. So far, I been co-washing and using a little Mixed Chicks leave-in after the co-wash and my NG is "under control!":whip: :lachen:

I was considering joining Macherieamours no heat 4 month challenge, but I'm scurred...If I need some heat, Ima need some heat...

I didn't heat style this week. I did use heat to DC tho'.

Good Morning Ladies ,

This is week 2 w/no heat :yep:...I henna'd/3 CW/HE LTR leave in/ponytail roller set w/4 ponytails...it took 24 hrs to dry :oops:....the last time I used Alter Ego and my hair was completely dry overnight....next time I will water down the LTR or try another leave in in my stash ...LTR was way too thick . Anyway...when it was dry my hair felt smooth & moisturized...you know it..I brushed it back into a ponytail.
5-21-08Bb.jpg

5-21-08A.jpg

Last edited:
Okay ladies, I have decided to relax again. Im dropping the phyto 1 and going to the salon tomorrow for a mild relaxer. Not sure what kind we decided on, but I will let you know, and of course I will take pics. I hope this goes well!! Wish me luck ladies!

Hey Jassy...I'm thinking to do the same thing. I think that I would get better results if I let someone else do it. It turns out okay but the results are short-lived and I'm thinking I'm texturizing & coloring too often (like every 4 weeks). Maybe that's not bad considering I poo and DC 2x per week. I don't know...

AW SOOKY SOOKY NOW!!!!!

Girl, you are a MESS!!! :lachen:Thanks so much...you're a my newbie sister and one of my hair idols...How you like that?
...aw sooky sooky now!...:lachen::lachen: girl, you took me back! and you are correct on the blingage...daephae's shine is blinding!:grin:

FindingMe...girl, ain't KLo crazy??? :spinning: :lachen:...but thanks...you're my other newbie sister/hair idol! I actually find different inspiration from each person.

Daephae ur hair looks so nice and silky smooth.

Thanks pr3tty! Love ya sis!

Back