Newbie Challenge 08 P2

Hey girlies! I'm just stopping through to show my face in da place...:grin:...I haven't done anything different...my hair is still short :ohwell:. I'm making progress though. I'll post some progress pics next month. I haven't read too many of the posts but I'm sure my girls (pr3tty, findingme, klomax, fiya, bign_17, galadriel and cocopuff to name a few) are working hard as ever on reaching y'alls (LOL) hair goals.

Stay on track everybody! Love y'all!

:lachen::lachen::lachen:what up, daephae?! can't wait to see the progress pics gurl.....:grin:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:what up, daephae?! can't wait to see the progress pics gurl.....:grin:

:lachen:Hey FM! Girl it's so discouraging. People tell me that my hair is growing and really seem surprised at the amount of growth but I can't really see it as much....probably because I'm looking at it all the time. I look like Hillary Clinton...not a good look...:nono: I see ur hair is beautiful as ever (I'll be glad when I can do some bantu knots!)...I'll post them sometime around the 14th. It will be my 1st set of 3 month progress pics since joining the board. I'll post them here in the Newbie thread and in my fotki...not in the ocean with the big fish (the main forum)...LOL

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Hi Ladies,

I've missed all of you guys. I'm so happy to see that you all are doing your thing. Cheers to all!!!!:drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

I've been out of the loop for a while. Been a little depressed, my hair seems to be suffering from a set back :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:........Long story short, one wash night while lurking through this forum I decided that I wanted to try the famous ACV rinse, and I'm sure that I must have done something wrong because my hair hasn't been the same since. It's been feeling very very stripped. I've been DCing, conditioning, sealing.....like crazy and it still isn't helping, and when I see the breakage it just puts a pit in my stomach. So I'm working on getting things back to normal.

Anyway, I'm pullin myself out of this funk and will be back to posting like normal.

:hiya3: Bign,

I think your cuticle may be sealed as well. I think Porosity Control may correct this condition. There lots of postings regarding Porosity Control.....try a search. Good Luck.

Hey girlies! I'm just stopping through to show my face in da place...:grin:...I haven't done anything different...my hair is still short :ohwell:. I'm making progress though. I'll post some progress pics next month. I haven't read too many of the posts but I'm sure my girls (pr3tty, findingme, klomax, fiya, bign_17, galadriel and cocopuff to name a few) are working hard as ever on reaching y'alls (LOL) hair goals.

Stay on track everybody! Love y'all!

Daephae :bighug:so glad to hear from you. I am looking forward to seeing the progress. Where's the link to the Fotki ?????

:lachen:Hey FM! Girl it's so discouraging. People tell me that my hair is growing and really seem surprised at the amount of growth but I can't really see it as much....probably because I'm looking at it all the time. I look like Hillary Clinton...not a good look...:nono: I see ur hair is beautiful as ever (I'll be glad when I can do some bantu knots!)...I'll post them sometime around the 14th. It will be my 1st set of 3 month progress pics since joining the board. I'll post them here in the Newbie thread and in my fotki...not in the ocean with the big fish (the main forum)...LOL

bwah hah hah!!!:lachen::lachen:I think it's just that you are looking at your hair everyday. When people who see me and haven't seen me for about 3 months, they always go "your hair is just growin'. How long you gonna let it grow?" and I'm thinking, my hair looks the same. Go'on and post them pics so we can all Oooh and Aaaah over your growth! :yep:

Girl, how 'bout I am transitioning. I was almost 12 weeks post in that bantu pic and had about 1 inch of new growth. That pic actually helped me decide that I could transition and manage my hair and NG. But I am also not afraid of a BC as I wore my hair in a pixie cut for a couple of years...

bwah hah hah!!!:lachen::lachen:I think it's just that you are looking at your hair everyday. When people who see me and haven't seen me for about 3 months, they always go "your hair is just growin'. How long you gonna let it grow?" and I'm thinking, my hair looks the same. Go'on and post them pics so we can all Oooh and Aaaah over your growth! :yep:

Girl, how 'bout I am transitioning. I was almost 12 weeks post in that bantu pic and had about 1 inch of new growth. That pic actually helped me decide that I could transition and manage my hair and NG. But I am also not afraid of a BC as I wore my hair in a pixie cut for a couple of years...

:blush: Not afraid of a BC? :nono: say it ain't so! :lachen: I understand though and you're right...if u had one inch of NG in that pic you can DEFINITELY transition with no problem :yep:...I know you'll do what's best and it will be gorgeous no matter what length it is!

I'm so sorry to hear that! Did you dilute it when you did it? I read that its supposed to be 1tbsp of vinergar per 1 cup of water. If you didn't, then that would definitely explain the effect that it is having on your hair. I did a little digging and somebody said that when you use ACV, it closes the hair cuticle and you need heat with your conditioner to open it back up. Have you tried using heat with your D/C? Last thing you could try is a D/C overnight. Thats what I plan on doing tonight if my Ojon oil, or my Kenra Condish get here today. My hair still feels like straw, even after a hot oil treatment yesterday lol. I don't have an excuse though. Just thirsty hair :ohwell:

Hi Morenita,

Thanks for the post and the advice. That could have been the problem. I didn't use a tbsp poured a cup full per cup and I had 2 cups and I was even bold enough to add a dash of lemon juice to it. But to answer your questions, yeah :cry3::cry3: I have been using heat (DCing with a heating cap) and that didn't help much, it did a little but not much. I did a CPR treatment and that helped a little also.

BUT I have great news to share!!!!...............I think I cured my problem. I picked up the French Perm Stabilizer Plus that has been talked about quit a bit on the forum and used it last night after my DC and today my hair seems to be back to normal (I'm really keeping my fingers crossed). So for the next couple of weeks I will be monitoring my hair's condition and see if I need to use it again.

So thanks ladies for sharing my pain, hopefully I'm on the road to recovery.

Im happy to see some of the ladies coming back... I have been really busy ladies but Im always here to read and give feedback so plz dont think Im 2 far away.

My hair is back to shedding. Im not sure why or what to do so any advice would be great.

I was so happy to hear about the buy one get one free HE at CVS I got 12 bottles of Breaks Over Conditioner. :spinning::lick: My hair is gonna be happy for this lets just hope this shedding stops

Um...y'all....after 94 pages and over 900 posts...I think it may be time for a Part 3 thread :look:

Girl if we have any more newbie threads the extra new newbies are gonna be even more confused than they are now about where to post. Just do what i do start from the last page then go backwards to the last post you remember reading which will maybe be like 1 or 2 pages back that way I dont miss anyone's comment and still not only read the last page

:heated:Girl if you bc all that beautiful hair I will hunt you down and :spank::buttkick::210:do all those things 2 you

Hi Morenita,

Thanks for the post and the advice. That could have been the problem. I didn't use a tbsp poured a cup full per cup and I had 2 cups and I was even bold enough to add a dash of lemon juice to it. But to answer your questions, yeah :cry3::cry3: I have been using heat (DCing with a heating cap) and that didn't help much, it did a little but not much. I did a CPR treatment and that helped a little also.

BUT I have great news to share!!!!...............I think I cured my problem. I picked up the French Perm Stabilizer Plus that has been talked about quit a bit on the forum and used it last night after my DC and today my hair seems to be back to normal (I'm really keeping my fingers crossed). So for the next couple of weeks I will be monitoring my hair's condition and see if I need to use it again.

Girl you'll be fine your hair is really pretty and stay away from lemon I think its 2 harsh for our hair

Hi Morenita,

I'm really glad to hear that! :yay: I thought about you today as I was washing my hair. Keep us posted :)

Im happy to see some of the ladies coming back... I have been really busy ladies but Im always here to read and give feedback so plz dont think Im 2 far away.

My hair is back to shedding. Im not sure why or what to do so any advice would be great.

I was so happy to hear about the buy one get one free HE at CVS I got 12 bottles of Breaks Over Conditioner. :spinning::lick: My hair is gonna be happy for this lets just hope this shedding stops

Hey girlie, do U use the Break's Over leave-in? If so, better stock up as they are discontinuing it...
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=218325&highlight=breaks

:heated:Girl if you bc all that beautiful hair I will hunt you down and :spank::buttkick::210:do all those things 2 you

:lachen::lachen: This one [:buttkick:] is the one that had me ROFL!!! Girl you funny.. My goal is not to chop as I'd like to get to BSL and transition from there. I hate the stage where my hair is between ear length and chin length as it's a very awkward stage for my head:lachen:, so I am trying to avoid that satge and at least get to shoulder length before I chop if I can...but if I can't do it....

:birthday2Happy Birthday:birthday2
:alcoholicFiya:alcoholic
:dance7::dance7::dance7::dance7:
:party::party: :band::party::party::party::band::party::party:
:band2::band2::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::evilbanana::band2::band2:
:bday5: :burning::burning: :birthday3: :burning::burning: :bday5:
:club:
:present: :mob::mob::mob::mob::mob: :present:
:hottub::grouphug3::hottub:

Hey Fiya!!!!

:birthday2​

Happy Birthday to you!!!! Happy Birthday to you!!!! Happy Birthday to you!!! Happy Birthday to you!!!!

ENJOY!!!
:drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk: :drunk:

Hi Ladies!

So sorry I haven't been in lately, I'm just getting over the flu :sad:.
Happy b-day Fiyah! And it's good to hear from you Daephae! KLO, FM, Pr3tty, can't wait to see more updates :grin:. Welcome to the recent newbie additions! If there's anyone I missed, (((big hug)))...

Now I better go catch up on the posts that I missed.

Hi Ladies!

So sorry I haven't been in lately, I'm just getting over the flu :sad:.
Happy b-day Fiyah! And it's good to hear from you Daephae! KLO, FM, Pr3tty, can't wait to see more updates :grin:. Welcome to the recent newbie additions! If there's anyone I missed, (((big hug)))...

Now I better go catch up on the posts that I missed.

We missed u girl... How is the NG? Are you washing daily?

Hey all,:hiya:
This week I henna'd...banded and airdried...I blow dried the next day for a few minutes because my hair was damp.... then I put it in a ponytail!!! :grin:
I need to buy more indigo :yep:. Does anyone know who has the best prices?

I think it's growing!!!

4-30-08A.jpg

We missed u girl... How is the NG? Are you washing daily?

I swear I don't know this NG :lachen:. I notice that if I use certain products, it gets tangled, so I have to be careful. But I co-wash almost daily (with LTR) and I moisturize (w/ ORS olive oil moisturizer or LTR leave-in) and seal (w/ coconut oil). When I do that, the NG is very soft and manageable. I really like the waves that are coming in and can't wait for my entire head to be all wavy :yep:. How's it going with you? Any changes to your reggie? Any recent favorite products?

Hey all,:hiya:
This week I henna'd...banded and airdried...I blow dried the next day for a few minutes because my hair was damp.... then I put it in a ponytail!!! :grin:
I need to buy more indigo :yep:. Does anyone know who has the best prices?

I think it's growing!!!

4-30-08A.jpg

I haven't ventured into buying indigo and henna, but that sounds great! So far, how do you feel it's benefiting your hair?

Back