Newbie Challenge 08 P2

Thanks everyone for the comments. It makes feel like I'm doing something right now. No one understands my hair care obsession like you guys. I was really starting to get discouraged and I think I'm seeing some turn around. I'm not sure if you can tell, but my ends are in bad shape. Thankfully the breakage stopped. I love mixing stuff together. My last concoction was Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor, the reconstructor that comes with optimum relaxers, and Elasta QP Dpr11.

Hello Ladies!
Sorry I have not been posting lately. I had to step away from the hair for awhile, it was driving me crazy :spinning:. I got a half wig last week to wear as a protective style. I really like it and it is quick and easy which is a big plus. I will post pics in my fotki soon.

Let us know when you get the pics in your FOTKI:yep: I can't wait to see it, I know it's cute as your face is so pretty!

Thanks everyone for the comments. It makes feel like I'm doing something right now. No one understands my hair care obsession like you guys. I was really starting to get discouraged and I think I'm seeing some turn around. I'm not sure if you can tell, but my ends are in bad shape. Thankfully the breakage stopped. I love mixing stuff together. My last concoction was Aphogee 2 minute Reconstructor, the reconstructor that comes with optimum relaxers, and Elasta QP Dpr11.

They don't look bad to me, but I COMPLETELY inderstand where you are coming from as I just cut another inch off my ends earlier this week. :ohwell: Everyone was like "Why did you cut your hair, you couldn't tell the ends were damaged...," but I tried a Wash N Go and, ba-by, lemme tell you:nono:, my ends were fried! They dried like brillo while the rest of my hair was nice and smooth.:blush: I am SO very tempted to take off another inch or two, just to get the ends like I know they should be (and fake out daily with roller sets:lachen:), but that would completely blow ANY chance I have of getting to BSL by them end of the year, so I am waiting.

But, trust, if I feel like I am sacrificing the health of my hair to retain length, I will not hesitate to get the scissors and get to choppin'! BSL goal, or no...

Beautiful hair Leona! Great job! And I feel the same way about only being understood here. I had to ask DH to take another pic of my hair (LOL) and he looked at me like I was crazy.

I got a wash n' press today. It came out great! I'm so close to APL it's driving me crazy!!!!! :drunk: (sorry for the huge pic sizes, I'm still figuring it all out)

April14hair.jpg

April14hair2.jpg

backshot414.jpg

Leona, your hair looks amazing!!!!!!!! U are closer to BSL than u think. I'll give u July or August. :grin:

And Galadriel, your hair is so shiny!!!! And i know how it feels being so close to APL. its the hardest hurdle to get over!!! I'm always this close. But you can do it. :grin:

Okay I am sooooo confused:perplexed.... is this the thread that everyone is posting on officially for the newbie challenge? Am I not in the challenge if my name isn't added to the list at the beginning of this thread?

and how do you all find this thread when you want to post?? okay maybe I should start a newer newbie challenge because this one is getting pretty advanced....I'm confused...:help:

Okay I am sooooo confused:perplexed.... is this the thread that everyone is posting on officially for the newbie challenge? Am I not in the challenge if my name isn't added to the list at the beginning of this thread?

and how do you all find this thread when you want to post?? okay maybe I should start a newer newbie challenge because this one is getting pretty advanced....I'm confused...:help:

Hi. There are two newbie threads. The first one, is where those who want to join the challenge go and post their starting point and regimen. And as time goes on and u get a little advanced you post here. Or at least thats how i'm comprehending it. So if u haven't joined the other thread, the older one, then u should. and if u have and your name isn't at the beginning, it doesn't mean u're not in the challenge, the list just hasn't been updated yet. HTH. ;)

And often times, if the newbie threads aren't on the 1st of 2nd page, i put newbie in the search bar at the top and it takes me right to it.

Hi. There are two newbie threads. The first one, is where those who want to join the challenge go and post their starting point and regimen. And as time goes on and u get a little advanced you post here. Or at least thats how i'm comprehending it. So if u haven't joined the other thread, the older one, then u should. and if u have and your name isn't at the beginning, it doesn't mean u're not in the challenge, the list just hasn't been updated yet. HTH. ;)

And often times, if the newbie threads aren't on the 1st of 2nd page, i put newbie in the search bar at the top and it takes me right to it.

Thank you for explaining because I have been soooo confused....:)

Galadriel your hair is looking good girl...

You are soo close to Apl and I know thats the hardest bc Im going thru it too :wallbash: <<<< Thats how it makes me feel but i know we're in the right place

Galadriel & Leonia....your hair looks:wow::wow::wow:so healthy and shiny!!! GOOD JOB & keep up the good work !!!

Thanks for the compliments ladies! This is so much more encouraging than trying to go at it alone. I'm glad we have this thread! :grin:

:hiya3: Ladies :hiya:

This week I ponytail roller set w/lacio lacio & 3" rollers. I think I used too much product. It weighed my hair down :yep:. So, I brushed it back into a ponytail. I had to put a towel around my shoulders because I was wearing a black top.
4-16-08.jpg

This week I ponytail roller set w/lacio lacio & 3" rollers. I think I used too much product. It weighed my hair down :yep:. So, I brushed it back into a ponytail. I had to put a towel around my shoulders because I was wearing a black top.
4-16-08.jpg

Klomax, it looks so healthy and wavy! Can't wait 'til I get that length :grin:. I bought some rollers for a rollerset but haven't even opened the pack yet :blush: but now you're making me want to break open my rollers and see what I can do. Thanks for sharing :yep:.

4-16-08.jpg

your hair looks amazing!!!!!! I love the curls Klomax. And also that banana clip. :grin:

Thanks ladies:grin::grin::grin:. Galadriel break open the pack girl and get to rollin':lachen::lachen::lachen:....I LUV the banana clip :yep: it helps make a full ponytail and doesn't rip out your hair like rubber bands!!!

4-16-08.jpg
OMG! I:heart2:THAT PONY!!! :love: You're gonna make me get some Lacio Lacio. It's on my neverending list of things to try!:lachen:

So ladies after all these weeks of trying to find a salon, I went back to one that I use to visit years ago. All the stylist have changed ,but I was determined to get my hair done and since it was a Full Saturday I had to wait a long time since I was a walk in. The end results. I love it. I only paid 35 and my sister had her hair done in a cute style also it was only 25 with a cut, shampoo, deep condition, and style. Needless to say I have found my hair style home. I like to moisturize my hair 2 times a day. How do I moisturize this? Are there any good spray

p_00076.jpg
moisturizers?

p_00074.jpg

p_00080.jpg

:yep:
So ladies after all these weeks of trying to find a salon, I went back to one that I use to visit years ago. All the stylist have changed ,but I was determined to get my hair done and since it was a Full Saturday I had to wait a long time since I was a walk in. The end results. I love it. I only paid 35 and my sister had her hair done in a cute style also it was only 25 with a cut, shampoo, deep condition, and style. Needless to say I have found my hair style home. I like to moisturize my hair 2 times a day. How do I moisturize this? Are there any good spray

p_00076.jpg
moisturizers?

p_00074.jpg

p_00080.jpg
:lick:OMG!!! THIS IS TOO CUTE!!!!!

UMMMM...I appreciate the detailed photos, 'cause I WILL be stealing this hairstyle for the summer when I am stretching! :blowkiss:

ETA: I'm so glad you found a stylist you like.:yep: I think the price was reasonable, too! Also, Is that all up in one ponytail in the back? Or is some hanging that I can't see?

Last edited:
I do post here and out there too. I think the only people who really read this thread are US. When I want more imput I post out there. Thanks for the nice comments. I was so scared that it wouldn't look right because of my big head. My head is kinda flat in the back it always looks like someone smaked me with a shovel. :grin:

p_00076.jpg
moisturizers?

p_00074.jpg

p_00080.jpg

LUUUUV IT!!!!:love4: I am interested in how you would moisturize this hair as well. The moisturizers I use are on the "wet" side and work best on curly hair.

I do post here and out there too. I think the only people who really read this thread are US. When I want more imput I post out there. Thanks for the nice comments. I was so scared that it wouldn't look right because of my big head. My head is kinda flat in the back it always looks like someone smaked me with a shovel. :grin:

:lachen:Girl, you crazy!

Anyway, Since I, too, am going to pimp this style:lachen:, I envisioned pincurling the back in 1 or 2 large pincurls flat to the head and maybe moisturising the end every other day (or maybe every 3rd day) with either my ORS lotion or some coconut oil...If I pincurl, I don't need a lot of moisturizers...

Klo, I could also see this easily being rocked with a curly pony in the back. I may try to do it wet (for the neatest look) and then roller set the back (w/ maybe 3 or 4 large rollers) and/or braid it out for different looks.

Back