Newbie Challenge 08 P2

ITA, it looks very nice Klo! Looks like the organix worked for ya too. :yep:
OOOHHHH, MUCH better! now there's my Klo's hair...whew!:lachen:The shine and wave definition are off the chain!!! (I'm glad you continued to beat that horse 'cause it's working out better:yep:Yep, true.:yep:)

Sorry FM, I thought I posted about it, maybe it was on the other thread...hmm. I did notice though, you hair is lookin wonderful. 1 inch of NG is amazing. And the layers I personally love on you, but I understand wanting to grow them out. As for those mean ladies. I cant believe she gave you one star! There is nothing dumb about you question. I had never heard of a DBO until this board, so dont even worry about those silly girls. I am so happy that we have a nice warm circle here, I dont know what I would do without you ladies. :grin:
I have started a new challenge if anyone is interested. Its called Long and Strong from the inside out here is the link http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=217059
So far it is not very active, hopefully it will pick up :ohwell:.
:violin:ain't nobobdy comment on my 1 inch of growth and my layers growin' out...:crying3:

:lachen::lachen:Seriously, though, I am excited about my 1 month progress!!!:yep:

Here's my 2nd day braid out:grin:...still having the problem with the hair on the crown...and no setting lotion in my stash and I 'm too tired to go to the store... away if looks fuller/thicker the second day...maybe it was two days of layering the mousse(?)..I also used the shine spray..no blingage:nono: what so ever...may be a little coconut oil?

BraidOut4-2-08.jpg
braidout4-3-08.jpg

Here's my 2nd day braid out:grin:...still having the problem with the hair on the crown...and no setting lotion in my stash and I 'm too tired to go to the store... away if looks fuller/thicker the second day...maybe it was two days of layering the mousse(?)..I also used the shine spray..no blingage:nono: what so ever...may be a little coconut oil?

BraidOut4-2-08.jpg
braidout4-3-08.jpg

I think the hair in the crown is straighter because of the weight of your ends? It may not seem heavy to you but it's probably enough to make the crown straighter. I think that's normal with longer hair, especially if you don't have layers in the crown.

Sorry FM, I thought I posted about it, maybe it was on the other thread...hmm. I did notice though, you hair is lookin wonderful. 1 inch of NG is amazing. And the layers I personally love on you, but I understand wanting to grow them out. As for those mean ladies. I cant believe she gave you one star! There is nothing dumb about you question. I had never heard of a DBO until this board, so dont even worry about those silly girls. I am so happy that we have a nice warm circle here, I dont know what I would do without you ladies. :grin:
I have started a new challenge if anyone is interested. Its called Long and Strong from the inside out here is the link http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=217059

I'm in, page 4, post #34!

THANK YOU!!!!! I like roller sets MUCH better than blow dry and flat iron for my hair. I can never replicate the smoothness or body and shine with a blowdryer.:ohwell: I'm glad, too, bc that makes the blowdryer and iron a last resort for me!!

I agree with you on that. Now that I know how to do it well, I'm really into it, plus to me it gives your hair so much more body and bounce.

Ladies, here's my progress pics for April...

I just relaxed:

1-week prior:
  • Clarify and chelate with ORS Aloe and Uplifting Shampoo
  • DC with ORS+2 tsp EVOO
Relaxer:
  • Relax with Silk Elements Mild + 2 tbsp EVOO
  • Rinse thoroughly
  • BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment + Silk Elements Mega Silk
    (5 min under heat)
  • Neutralize w/ Silk Elements Neutralizing Shampoo
    (2x, let sit on hair for 5 min, shampoo down, low manipulation of hair)
  • Color Showers in Champagne
    (15 min under heat, 30 min outside of heat cap)
  • Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner (15 min under heat)
  • Rinse well, final rinse 1 gal distilled/filtered water
  • Set/Style
1-week post:
  • Aphogee Shampoo & 2 min reconstructor
  • Silk Elements Mega Silk + BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment+ 2 tsp EVOO (5 min under heat cap)
My hair came out flowy-dowey! LOVES IT!! I got about an inch in length I believe, so I am on track for my goal of BSL by the end of the year!!:grin: BSL for me on the shirt is halfway between "D" and "E." My lines are 2 inches apart, so I have just over 3 inches to go to reach my goal!!! I do plan at least another trim or two of about an inch total sometime(s) later during the year, but I promised I wouldn't cut until I reached 1 inch below full APL...
Pics below (click to enlarge)

ETA: My layers are growing out, too!!! I only have layers on the last 4 inches of my hair!!!

Wow Girl, Congratulations, you have really nice progress there. Thanks for listing the steps you took with your relaxer. I did mine similarly. I tried to follow SistaSliks article to a "T", and I have to say this was one of the best relaxers I've had in a very long time.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:dance7:

Co-signing Leonia....stick with the M&T a few more weeks...track your progress a little longer:yep::yep::yep:

I agree with FindingMe and Klo, especially if your nervous about it. Take some time and do some more research before you jump in feet first.

......Just my 2 cents :drunk:

Yep, that's the plan!! THANKS for comments!

OT: I just have to vent:bangdesk:. I started a thread (after doing a search of the forum, mind you) as I am simply looking for a video of how a Dominican blowout is done. I thought that was a valid question, bc if you've never been to a Dominican salon and/or don't have access to one, you don't really know how they do those doggone blowouts. I am a visual learner. I can see something and try to replicate it from that. It's harder for me to read some steps on a page and try to understand. So, I check my thread this morning and all the answers I have are basically check out Macheriamour's video link http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/2007/06/how-to-blow-out.html (which I already do with some success as it is not a true Dominican blowout) and that blowouts basically are damaging to the hair unless you only get the roots done. :ohwell:
THEN, to top it off with an effin' cherry, some skeezer rated the daggone thread a 1 star "terrible," which I'm confused about bc all I was doing was asking a doggone question. Makes me want to tell that chick :eatme: and beat her over the head with a mallot. :hammer: What, you can't ask a question anymore on the threads without someone saying your question is terrible?:naughty: Sometimes these chicks get on my nerves...I'm glad I have my little inner circle :grouphug:here bc people treat you like you don't know nothing if you don't have 3000 posts or been here for 3000 years. God forbid you ask a freakin' question that other folks know the answer to, but won't share bc "you ignant if you don't know, too"!!! I thought I had been a member of the forum long enuf and had participated enuf to start a thread and get some valid responses without folks tryin' to make you feel stupid...

I'm at a loss, do you think it was bc I said Macherie's video was only marginally successful for me? (ie, someone took it as dissin' a vet?) I give up, I will just stick to what I have been doing and read the posts silently and only comment where I feel safe.:giveup:
FM, I know how disappointed you feel. But I sure hope you reconsider taking the :giveup: route. You have provided us here with so much valuable input and encouragement that I hope you continue to share it with others on the entire board. I've lurked all over the place here at the forum and have seen post from you on the other threads as well and I stick to what I just said. Don't let that one or two spoil your groove. This whole journey should be fun for all of us, otherwise what's the use. You just like us paid your money to interact and learn from the others, and I think that is what you should continue to do.

I'm not getting bored(too many products to try)!!!!:yep::yep: But I have visited the other topics...found out interesting info regarding mineral make up...Obama etc.....

I'm still warm & fuzzy... oh xcuse me....that might be all the crap I'm putting on my scalp & hair

Klo, I'm still there with you too! My personality is obsessive :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:, I use to be obsessed with expensive handbags :yep::yep::yep:, and after I found this forum I made a New Year's resolution that I would not buy a handbag this year, because I have way too many (I would say pretty much a small fortune's worth). So I turned my energy toward haircare, and this is what I'm doing to keep my attention away from buying that next bag I want, need, have to have....Yes ladies I have it bad :lachen::lachen::lachen:. Not to mention, I just love beautiful hair, and finding this forum has shown me that I can have it to if I put my mind to it.

I've been all over the board, but here remains my first and last stop whenever I visit. I've gone to the skin and make up thread also and like the tips I've been getting from there as well.

Thanx girl im gonna try this.... I just notice u r transitioning... what made u decide to do this? Glad ill be around 2 see pics

I'm still fighting breakage and it's driving me crazy. I LOVE the look of texlaxed hair, but I don't want any further breakage. I know this is the cause of it, and I thought if I just used the right products and methods I could control it or eliminate it, but I think it'll be easier (for me) to just go ahead and stop texlaxing.
And...I keep playing with my NG, and it feels so nice :grin:. I keep thinking about how my whole head would look and feel like.

I wanna try EVOO and Im hearing good things about coconut oil... Which typr r u usin??? Is it cooking oil also?

I use vrigin coconut oil that's food grade and EVOO that's food grade. I also use Vatika oil. I heard cocunt oil was good for you to eat, but it tastes kinda nutty and I would have to work to get used to it in my cooking. It's supposed to have all these benefits...

I can say, though that I used the EVOO with my relaxer this time and my hair was salon silky:yep:. Thanks Galadriel, for that tip!!!

OOOHHHH, I just joined!!! I have a ways to go on some of the things, but I can do better!!

I think the hair in the crown is straighter because of the weight of your ends? It may not seem heavy to you but it's probably enough to make the crown straighter. I think that's normal with longer hair, especially if you don't have layers in the crown.

Also, do you braid all the way to the roots or like a cornrow or do you do box braids? Sometimes I have to try to do cornrows and I get a better braid out result..It looks beautiful to me!:yep: I think we are most critical on our own hair...

FM, I know how disappointed you feel. But I sure hope you reconsider taking the :giveup: route. You have provided us here with so much valuable input and encouragement that I hope you continue to share it with others on the entire board. I've lurked all over the place here at the forum and have seen post from you on the other threads as well and I stick to what I just said. Don't let that one or two spoil your groove. This whole journey should be fun for all of us, otherwise what's the use. You just like us paid your money to interact and learn from the others, and I think that is what you should continue to do.

Thanks, sis!! That made me feel better!:yep:

I'm still fighting breakage and it's driving me crazy. I LOVE the look of texlaxed hair, but I don't want any further breakage. I know this is the cause of it, and I thought if I just used the right products and methods I could control it or eliminate it, but I think it'll be easier (for me) to just go ahead and stop texlaxing.
And...I keep playing with my NG, and it feels so nice :grin:. I keep thinking about how my whole head would look and feel like.

OOOOHHH! I'm SO excited!! :spinning: It'll be great to have someone on our thread that's transitioning!!! I can't wait to track your progress!

Klo, I'm still there with you too! My personality is obsessive :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:, I use to be obsessed with expensive handbags :yep::yep::yep:, and after I found this forum I made a New Year's resolution that I would not buy a handbag this year, because I have way too many (I would say pretty much a small fortune's worth). So I turned my energy toward haircare, and this is what I'm doing to keep my attention away from buying that next bag I want, need, have to have....Yes ladies I have it bad :lachen::lachen::lachen:. Not to mention, I just love beautiful hair, and finding this forum has shown me that I can have it to if I put my mind to it.

I've been all over the board, but here remains my first and last stop whenever I visit. I've gone to the skin and make up thread also and like the tips I've been getting from there as well.

:blush:OMG Bign_17...I wrote something similar, almost WORD FOR WORD when I first joined the board! I went back to find it but I couldn't. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT! It's soooo scary to me, because this describes me too. I had to do a double take and make sure it wasn't my post! I'm with ya, me and my pricey purses. :yep:

:blush:OMG Bign_17...I wrote something similar, almost WORD FOR WORD when I first joined the board! I went back to find it but I couldn't. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SAID THAT! It's soooo scary to me, because this describes me too. I had to do a double take and make sure it wasn't my post! I'm with ya, me and my pricey purses. :yep:

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:. See they say everyone has a twin :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I tell you, it's killing me, you see it's 5 am on a Saturday morning and I have to get a fix :lachen::lachen:

By the way Ladies,

Don't know if you knew this or not but I just purchased one of the progress T shirts that you see some of the girls wearing in their photos. It arrived yesterday, and I will be using it going forward for my update pic. Speaking of which it's almost time to post the April update photo.

Here is the link just in case your interested:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=211257

Also ladies, Have any of you done or attempted to do a silk wrap? If so, how did it turn out?

Silk Wrap AKA Saran Wrap!!!! I have and I really like how it come out. My hair comes out nice and shiny, bouncy, and silky smooth. For me lately that has been the only way to go.

FindingMe has also, check out her Foki, she has an album in there where she did a banging silk wrap.

This is how I have doing my hair lately. Macherieamore has a tutorial on how to do it on youtube
http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/2007/06/wrapping-video-.html

Silk Wrap AKA Saran Wrap!!!! I have and I really like how it come out. My hair comes out nice and shiny, bouncy, and silky smooth. For me lately that has been the only way to go.

FindingMe has also, check out her Foki, she has an album in there where she did a banging silk wrap.

This is how I have doing my hair lately. Macherieamore has a tutorial on how to do it on youtube
http://healthytextures.typepad.com/my_journey_to_healthy_hai/2007/06/wrapping-video-.html

Thanks Bign!!!!!!!!! I appreciate that. I am going to attempt one today. I did my rollerset via air dry, but my new growth is just not something to play with. i will definitely check those out. :grin::grin:

Thanks Bign!!!!!!!!! I appreciate that. I am going to attempt one today. I did my rollerset via air dry, but my new growth is just not something to play with. i will definitely check those out. :grin::grin:

OK, cool, you should go check out her site. She has some helpful stuff on there about stretching. I personally haven't went through it because I haven't stretched to the point were I will need help (once the breakage starts I go relax) but it may give you some helpful tips.

Back