Newbie Challenge 08 P2

My Dear Ladies

I wont be posting for a lil while. Im moving this weekend and I am soooo busy. Please dont think Im trying 2 ignore anyone. I will miss you ladies for the few days and I cant wait to be back 2 normal.

Talk 2 you soon,
Pr3tty

Good luck with the move. It will be over faster than you know and you will be back here with us.

:orders:Hey Y'all...I went and ordered something else:fan:...I swear I couldn't help it...a natural board member hipped me to this non chemical temporary hair straightener w/thermal heat protection. Y'all know my hair won't stay straight more than 1-2 days after flat ironing :locks:. LHCFer said her natural stayed straight 7-8 days. So I had to check it out!!

beyondstraight.jpg

I ordered it from HSN...has anybody here ever tried it? If it doesn't work I'm sending it back. Hopefully if will be here in a few days and I can use it this weekend.

OK, I am still waiting for my order...I checked the status and it is in transit(ugh!!!) Anyway I came across a very interesting thread. I am not sure if it will worked for relaxed heads but it made me think of Cocopuff's recent hair challenge....of course I will give it a try when I am wearing my hair natural/no heat http://biracialhair.org/Welcome.html
What do you think?

Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted in a while, but I am so proud of myself. This is the longest I have ever been committed to hair care. I even tried to sleep without wrapping my hair in a scarf and I couldn't and I had to get out of bed to wrap it up, lol. I have been doing the DC twice a week. I did add mane n tail conditioner to my reggie. I use it as a leave in every few days. I'm going to the salon to get a style and cut. I believe I have a lot of split ends, but I don't know how to tell. I will post pics. I will be relaxing again in April. My NG is thick, but not really giving me any trouble, so I'll see how long I stretch. When I go to the salon tomorrow should I just say cut off the split ends or is there a more detailed way I should put it so that I don't come away missing 2 inches of hair? I don't think my ends are THAT bad. Oh I almost forgot. I learned something today that I should have knew. Only relax ng. I have been relax from root to tips for 10 years and I keep wondering where my thick hair went. I thought the instructions were tripping, especial since I couldn't perm my hair in the amount of time they said.

Gurl, you need to jump on this Boudless Tresses bandwagon with me to try and increase your growth if that's what you are aiming for.

I just got mine today and used it for the first time. It smells a little sulphur-y (I do have the scented one), but it could be my imagination, but my scalp feels all tingly. My goal is to use the whole bottle up and see where my growth is. I plan on relaxing soon, so I will take a length check pic and post and then measure my success at the end of the bottle. Since it's getting hot, I'll be rocking the up-do's more often, so I'll try to apply everyday or every other day...We'll see!!!

Okay girl, I just placed my order! :grin:

Okay girl, I just placed my order! :grin:

YEAH! :yay:

I really think it's going to work. After I relax my hair this week, I will do a legnth check. I will do my next length check at the end of the summer or when I am done with the BT bottle (whichever comes first to see how much it helps!)

I'll document in my FOTKI...

Hi Ladies! How are you guys? I just wanted to stop by and let you ladies know that all is going well with my hair progress. I have finally learned how to tackle my moisture issue (I think). Weekly DCs with ORS RP and everyother day baggying overnight with a little leave in COND, glycerin, water and finally sealing with Vatika has truly helped. I use to hate Vatika, but i have actually grown to love it.

I had to stop posting so frequently because believe it or not, LHCF was becoming an obsession for me. I did a self check and realized that I need to actually do some work at work instead of checking out hair care tips.:office:

I'll be lurking for a while. Expect to see a status picture from me at the End of May. I'll be getting a sew-in and afterwards, reveal!

Hope all is well with everyone.

Back to lurking status....:peek2:

Hi Ladies,

Well when I started the forum I raved about KUZ but I have now found my new love and it KeraCare. I purchased the Hydrating and Detangling shampoo along with the Humecto Creme Conditioner, and these will be my #1 Staple products.

My plan is to continue to wash twice a week (Wednesday & Saturday/Sunday) and use these consistently. After searching the forum, I've learned that Humecto works better without heat, so what I've been doing is DCing on dry hair with heat, wash with the Hydrating and Detangling Poo, and then condish with the Humecto for aprox 30 min with just a plastic cap. I roller set with Lacio Lacio and Alter Ego hair lotion, when dry I seal my ends with Elasta Mango Butter, and KeraCare's Essential oil.

:weird::weird: This is working out really really well for me.

YEAH! :yay:

I really think it's going to work. After I relax my hair this week, I will do a legnth check. I will do my next length check at the end of the summer or when I am done with the BT bottle (whichever comes first to see how much it helps!)

I'll document in my FOTKI...

FM I was all up in the FOTKI :sekret:...your roller sets are the BOMB :yep:!!!! Keep up the good work :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Hi Ladies,

Well when I started the forum I raved about KUZ but I have now found my new love and it KeraCare. I purchased the Hydrating and Detangling shampoo along with the Humecto Creme Conditioner, and these will be my #1 Staple products.

My plan is to continue to wash twice a week (Wednesday & Saturday/Sunday) and use these consistently. After searching the forum, I've learned that Humecto works better without heat, so what I've been doing is DCing on dry hair with heat, wash with the Hydrating and Detangling Poo, and then condish with the Humecto for aprox 30 min with just a plastic cap. I roller set with Lacio Lacio and Alter Ego hair lotion, when dry I seal my ends with Elasta Mango Butter, and KeraCare's Essential oil.

:weird::weird: This is working out really really well for me.
I'm glad you found something that works:grin:!!! Keep us posted.

FM I was all up in the FOTKI :sekret:...your roller sets are the BOMB :yep:!!!! Keep up the good work :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

THANK YOU!!!!! I like roller sets MUCH better than blow dry and flat iron for my hair. I can never replicate the smoothness or body and shine with a blowdryer.:ohwell: I'm glad, too, bc that makes the blowdryer and iron a last resort for me!!

Hello ladies, sorry I have not posted in a bit, I have been pretty busy. Anyway, I have an update. I went to the salon on Sat. for a treatment, and you wont believe what happened. I almost died in that chair, but I got it cut :yep:. I dont know what came over me, it all happened so quickly:perplexed. At first I was scared, upset and everything else, but now I accually like it. I really think it was the best. I have been so insecure about the condition of my hair and cutting it has boosted my confidence. Also, my hair is so healthy now. I dont have any breakage, and it feels so much stronger. At first I thought of it as a set back, but now I think its just a better begining. However, my hair did grow, but it was extreamly uneven from all the breakage I had. So please check it out and let me now what you think. Thanks so much! :grin:

Hello ladies, sorry I have not posted in a bit, I have been pretty busy. Anyway, I have an update. I went to the salon on Sat. for a treatment, and you wont believe what happened. I almost died in that chair, but I got it cut :yep:. I dont know what came over me, it all happened so quickly:perplexed. At first I was scared, upset and everything else, but now I accually like it. I really think it was the best. I have been so insecure about the condition of my hair and cutting it has boosted my confidence. Also, my hair is so healthy now. I dont have any breakage, and it feels so much stronger. At first I thought of it as a set back, but now I think its just a better begining. However, my hair did grow, but it was extreamly uneven from all the breakage I had. So please check it out and let me now what you think. Thanks so much! :grin:

Love the cut sooooo much

Yor hair looks great Jassy!!!!! I so love that cut on you. it looks nice!!!:grin:

Your hair looks good Jassy :kewlpics:....shiny & healthy :yep:

:orders: Hello Ladies,

I finally received my order of Beyond Straight/The End from HSN....
I did my usual henna/indigo/wash/DC...then used Beyond Straight/The End as leave-ins...I airdried 90-95% then used the blow dryer/flat iron:swearing::swearing::swearing:my hair is a completely :busted:...it doesn't look like I even used a flat iron :swearing::swearing::swearing:. The texture feels good but it's big & poofy and won't straighten or curl. I am going to give these products one more try w/a rollerset in a few days.
BeyondStr8t2.jpg

I think I am going to try a braid out from this point( I still haven't used my Organix Mousse). May be I will have better news tomorrow!

Aww... Im sorry it didnt work KLo, Did you use any other products with it? I wonder what went wrong? HMMM...well, may it will work better the next time. Atleast you have the 30-day money back guarentee!

I did my usual henna/indigo/wash/DC...then used Beyond Straight/The End as leave-ins...I airdried 90-95% then used the blow dryer/flat iron:swearing::swearing::swearing:my hair is a completely :busted:...it doesn't look like I even used a flat iron :swearing::swearing::swearing:. The texture feels good but it's big & poofy and won't straighten or curl. I am going to give these products one more try w/a rollerset in a few days.
BeyondStr8t2.jpg

I think I am going to try a braid out from this point( I still haven't used my Organix Mousse). May be I will have better news tomorrow!

BeyondStr8t2.jpg

Klomax ur hair can never be busted.... It will take more than a lil to have ur hair looking bad

Klomax ur hair can never be busted.... It will take more than a lil to have ur hair looking bad

Thanx Girl,

Right now my hair is NOT :nono: :violin::cry3: working...so...back to the drawing board. You know after weeks of thought I have decided that if I can achieve a nice full/healthy midback braid out I will consider my hair journey successful. Now to figure where my mid back is !!!!

Thanx girl but im so tired I just wanna hide

dag...that's tired! you sound like me! :yep: I have a garage sale this weekend and I know I need to be getting ready for it, but I can't do nothin' til I do my hair:ohwell:...ain't that a trip!:spinning:

TOO CUTE! I was ALL up in the FOTKI leaving comments!!!:lachen:LOVES IT!

Ladies, here's my progress pics for April...

I just relaxed:

1-week prior:
  • Clarify and chelate with ORS Aloe and Uplifting Shampoo
  • DC with ORS+2 tsp EVOO
Relaxer:
  • Relax with Silk Elements Mild + 2 tbsp EVOO
  • Rinse thoroughly
  • BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment + Silk Elements Mega Silk
    (5 min under heat)
  • Neutralize w/ Silk Elements Neutralizing Shampoo
    (2x, let sit on hair for 5 min, shampoo down, low manipulation of hair)
  • Color Showers in Champagne
    (15 min under heat, 30 min outside of heat cap)
  • Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner (15 min under heat)
  • Rinse well, final rinse 1 gal distilled/filtered water
  • Set/Style
1-week post:
  • Aphogee Shampoo & 2 min reconstructor
  • Silk Elements Mega Silk + BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment+ 2 tsp EVOO (5 min under heat cap)
My hair came out flowy-dowey! LOVES IT!! I got about an inch in length I believe, so I am on track for my goal of BSL by the end of the year!!:grin: BSL for me on the shirt is halfway between "D" and "E." My lines are 2 inches apart, so I have just over 3 inches to go to reach my goal!!! I do plan at least another trim or two of about an inch total sometime(s) later during the year, but I promised I wouldn't cut until I reached 1 inch below full APL...
Pics below (click to enlarge)

ETA: My layers are growing out, too!!! I only have layers on the last 4 inches of my hair!!!

Attachments

• April length check.JPG
    April length check.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

I agree it would take a lot as your hair is just so pretty...BUT... it did come out a little poofy:blush: I would kill to have even your poofy locks!:yep: I was over here rollin' when you said your hair came out busted...rollin':lachen:

FM where is the pic from that twist out??? I already know it was fab

Girl, the ends were a FRAZZLED MESS as I did it from wet hair.:nono: I had to bun that crap!:perplexed Pics are in my FOTKI... I think I will stick to doing bantu knots on dry hair...This is my second time doing it and neither time worked out for me:nono: I may havta leave them knots alone...:lachen:

FM: Thanks again. How long have you been using the Silk Elements, How do you like it?
Pr3tty: Girl, I know you are tired! Don't worry you will be all settled in no time.
Has anyone tried a half wig. I want to try one, but I am so scared Im going to look weird, or just plain busted. I was thinking about wearing a headband with it so I dont have to worry about blending or damaging the front have my hair. What do you ladies think?

Ladies, here's my progress pics for April...

I just relaxed:

1-week prior:
  • Clarify and chelate with ORS Aloe and Uplifting Shampoo
  • DC with ORS+2 tsp EVOO
Relaxer:
  • Relax with Silk Elements Mild + 2 tbsp EVOO
  • Rinse thoroughly
  • BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment + Silk Elements Mega Silk
    (5 min under heat)
  • Neutralize w/ Silk Elements Neutralizing Shampoo
    (2x, let sit on hair for 5 min, shampoo down, low manipulation of hair)
  • Color Showers in Champagne
    (15 min under heat, 30 min outside of heat cap)
  • Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner (15 min under heat)
  • Rinse well, final rinse 1 gal distilled/filtered water
  • Set/Style
1-week post:
  • Aphogee Shampoo & 2 min reconstructor
  • Silk Elements Mega Silk + BioInfusion Olive Oil DC Treatment+ 2 tsp EVOO (5 min under heat cap)
My hair came out flowy-dowey! LOVES IT!! I got about an inch in length I believe, so I am on track for my goal of BSL by the end of the year!!:grin: BSL for me on the shirt is halfway between "D" and "E." My lines are 2 inches apart, so I have just over 3 inches to go to reach my goal!!! I do plan at least another trim or two of about an inch total sometime(s) later during the year, but I promised I wouldn't cut until I reached 1 inch below full APL...
Pics below (click to enlarge)

ETA: My layers are growing out, too!!! I only have layers on the last 4 inches of my hair!!!

Hello Everyone,

I think the world is conspiring against me and my budget. Ok this is what has been going on. I was suppose to go get my hair done, but when I got to the salon there was only one lady there on a Saturday and she couldn't do anything I wanted. I just wanted some braids in the front and the back hanging down and flat ironed. She couldn't do it. This is the second time I went here to get my hair done. The first time I had a appointment and I waited from 10am to 4pm and my stylist never came. So I'm thinking maybe this place isn't for me, but it's just so close to my house. Second: I've been seeing rave reviews on this Ovation Cell Therapy and I really want to try, but I'm worried. I have never used a growth aid or anything. What do you guys think about it? Ok now as for my current reggie. I have 1.5 to 2 inches of NG. My hair seems thicker and stronger since I started using mane n tail a few weeks ago. Do you guys think that this OCT is something I should invest in?

FM: Thanks again. How long have you been using the Silk Elements, How do you like it?
Pr3tty: Girl, I know you are tired! Don't worry you will be all settled in no time.
Has anyone tried a half wig. I want to try one, but I am so scared Im going to look weird, or just plain busted. I was thinking about wearing a headband with it so I dont have to worry about blending or damaging the front have my hair. What do you ladies think?

This is my second time using the Silk Elements, and I have to say I didn't think I was going to like it (again) all the way up to the end when I used the Conditioner that is part of the system. When I took my hair out of the plastic cap after the 15 min with the conditioner on it, I had so much slip, though, and my hair felt SO good...I was :cloud9:

On the other note, I used to wear a half wig about 2 years ago and everyone thought it was my hair. I wore a headband with it:yep:

Hello Everyone,

I think the world is conspiring against me and my budget. Ok this is what has been going on. I was suppose to go get my hair done, but when I got to the salon there was only one lady there on a Saturday and she couldn't do anything I wanted. I just wanted some braids in the front and the back hanging down and flat ironed. She couldn't do it. This is the second time I went here to get my hair done. The first time I had a appointment and I waited from 10am to 4pm and my stylist never came. So I'm thinking maybe this place isn't for me, but it's just so close to my house. Second: I've been seeing rave reviews on this Ovation Cell Therapy and I really want to try, but I'm worried. I have never used a growth aid or anything. What do you guys think about it? Ok now as for my current reggie. I have 1.5 to 2 inches of NG. My hair seems thicker and stronger since I started using mane n tail a few weeks ago. Do you guys think that this OCT is something I should invest in?

I say if the mane n tail is working for you, just continue to use that.:yep: 1.5-2 in of NG is fantastic! How many weeks post are U? I would hold off on the OCT, just my opinion..

Back