Newbie Challenge 08 P2

Hello Ladies, I havn't been doing much with my hair since I am wearing braids. I have been using mn about 4 days a week. I would use it more but its so oily, and it leaves my hair wet. Im going to work on a better mix once I finish up what I have used.

Has anyone tried the Wen line of products, they seem great. I read reviews about the line on QVC and all the AA women really loved and thought it was great for their hair. I am thinking about purchasing after I finish up the Ojon (which I have a lot of). The only bad thing is the price. The stuff is pricey and you have to use alot, 16-32 pumps from what I have read. That alot of product, but if its as good as they say it is maybe its worth it. :ohwell:

Here are some threads from LHCF on it as I looked it up for a friend:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=168707&highlight=WEN

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=171583&highlight=WEN

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=145359&highlight=WEN&page=2

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=135403&highlight=WEN

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=74252&highlight=WEN

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=96959&highlight=WEN

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=95666&highlight=WEN

:orders:Hey Y'all...I went and ordered something else:fan:...I swear I couldn't help it...a natural board member hipped me to this non chemical temporary hair straightener w/thermal heat protection. Y'all know my hair won't stay straight more than 1-2 days after flat ironing :locks:. LHCFer said her natural stayed straight 7-8 days. So I had to check it out!!

beyondstraight.jpg

I ordered it from HSN...has anybody here ever tried it? If it doesn't work I'm sending it back. Hopefully if will be here in a few days and I can use it this weekend.

I recieved a small sample of both when i ordered my Maxiglide. What the bottle said was apply while hair was still damp. So i did, well first i mixed a little of both and rubbed it in. Then i blow dried and flat ironed. My hair felt the same as it always does, so i can't say if it was straighter from this or not. My hair did get really straight though, so it could be good. But try it out for yourself.

Hey Ladies, I hope everyone had a blessed Resurrection Day! I did rollerset last Thursday (YAY?) I'm happy that my hair is long enough to roll (I have a pic that I'll post tomorrow). HOWEVER it was a country, granny lookin' mess! LOL. I bumped it out, saran wrapped, tried to pin it up...nothing helped! I've come to the conclusion that I need another 2 inches to be able to wear a rollerset proudly. :yep:

But I'm happy that I made progress. In one short month!

What size rollers did you use? You can use the smaller ones and still blow out the roots with a small roundbrush so it won't look so granny-ish...all my roller-sets look that way if I don't blow out the roots first, even for a saran wrap style:yep:

Hello Ladies!!!! Sorry to be away from the board for sooo long but I have been uber busy!!!! Here's my update:

1. Having no internet access for 3 weeks has shown me that I have become an internet junkie, and that I CANNOT live without it

2. Losing my camera for a week was one of the most devasting things that has happened to me this year. All I could think of was how my dad was going to kill me, that I lost soo many cute pics that I could no longer post, and how my dad was going to KILL me! Somehow, I managed to find my camera (stuck underneath passenger's seat of my friends car) and now I can upload my pics!

3. I flatironed my hair for the first time in almost 6 months! It came out so well! My hair grew! Yipeeee!!!! Unfortunately my camera was lost during this time period and no documentation of my straightened hair occured.

4. I caved in and bought curlfomers (the blue and green ones). I love them! They are super easy to use and my hair turned out great. The only downside was that I should have bought the longer ones. I underestimated the length of my hair and so on some curlers some of my hair stuck out of the end and did not curl (frizzy). Again I had no camera to document this.

5. Thank you FindingMe for the the hair suggestions. I ended up wearing it pulled back in a low pony. I will post pics

6. I went to NYC this past weekend for a minority medical student conference and I had so much fun. The majority of the time I wore my hair curly, since I had used curlformers. For the banquet I wore my hair in the gorgeous bun!! I couldn't believe how big it was!!

7. I've been keeping up with my regimen and overall I am pleased with my progress. I will post pics as soon as I upload them

8. Happy birthday to all Ladies born in March!!!!

YEAH! I was wondering what happened missy! I can't wait to see how you styled it, your hair is so pretty, I know it came out nice.

I am glad you found your camera, too! whew...

Umm, pics, please!!!

I'd be interested to see how well it works...My hair is ok with the straightening and staying straight after, so it's just curiosity for me. Meanwhile, I am still waiting on my Boundless Tresses hair growth oil. My hair seems to be growing at the rate of a snail sleeping...:perplexed
I'm curious about the Beyond Straight too. My hair always reverts...hence the ponytail or braid out.

FM let me know how you like the BT

Hello Ladies, I havn't been doing much with my hair since I am wearing braids. I have been using mn about 4 days a week. I would use it more but its so oily, and it leaves my hair wet. Im going to work on a better mix once I finish up what I have used.

Has anyone tried the Wen line of products, they seem great. I read reviews about the line on QVC and all the AA women really loved and thought it was great for their hair. I am thinking about purchasing after I finish up the Ojon (which I have a lot of). The only bad thing is the price. The stuff is pricey and you have to use alot, 16-32 pumps from what I have read. That alot of product, but if its as good as they say it is maybe its worth it. :ohwell:

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to have been out the loop the past few days, but my router died :wallbash::wallbash: and I had to wait for Verizon to send me a new one. You guys should have seen me reading the forum from my Treo. I thought to myself, dang, how desperate can I be :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I've been seeing the Wen products on QVC as well, and even searched the forum for comments. Seems like most of the girls here feel it OK, but most will rather Co Wash then spend the money on the line. There are a hand full that swear by it. I've read the reviews on QVC and watched an infomercial, but it still hasn't tickled my fancy hard enough to make the PJ in me crave for it. I guess some of that maybe because I'm not a huge fan of Co washes :spinning:

:orders: Hey Y'all

Lot's to say :blah: so here goes. No :click: this week until Fri or Sat...my DD(pic taker went out off town and took the :camera: w/her :crybaby:).

Cocopuff good luck w/ the braids...don't forget...moisturize moisturize.​

Daephae & Jassy I purchased the Coconut Milk weightless mousse w/the free rebate at CVS...I can't wait to use it...back to tweaking the braidout. I won't quit until get it right. The 1st braid out was still the best(couldn't leave well enoough alone.)​

Pr3tty how's the flat iron withdrawl? Have you tried cross wrapping to keeping your hair straight overnight? I use castor oil on my ends and hair line only after NTM so the smell doesn't bother me.​

Daephae congrats on the roller set :congrats:can't wait to see the pics.​

Finding Me your hair is beautiful...lots of :bling:I had to put on my :cool2:.​

Jassy you have braid skills for real...good job :love2:.​

Galadriel nice braid out :clap:.​

OK I'm done. Whew!!!

Im doing pretty good Not using it at all... I didnt wsh this week but I've been staying away from that iron and just keeping my hair up. I dont think my hair is growing thou bc I have no NG and its been oh snap its only 2 weeks Im pushing it right??:yep:

You are too funny :lachen::lachen:. I'm like you, I just relaxed myself and I'm already looking for NG as well.

I didn't know that either :nono:. Pre LHCF I always thought oil was moisture, just as most of us did...don't feel bad. Depending on your moisture needs you can do it twice a day in the morning and at night or at least until your problem is corrected. If you choose both am/pm make sure not to use too much. A nickel/quarter size amount is probably enough depending on your hair length. I use a dime size twice a day. Also wait a few minutes before combing (to allow the moisturizer to dry some) or you'll lose any curls you may have.

It really depends on your preference and how you wear your hair.

ETA: Sitting here thinking about the moisture/sealing issue...I don't even think most STYLISTS know that! I've spent thousands on my hair over the years and battled problems with "dandruff"...plenty of stylists poured oil and grease on my scalp but NOT ONE stylist ever told me to moisturize and seal. :wallbash:

Makes me wonder what cosmotology school is teaching them.

Daephae, I so agree with you, it seems that many of the hair stylist out there don't have a clue. Since I've joined LHCF I've learned so much about my hair (and still have so much more to learn). I catch myself even watching Sistas hair in the street and secretly diagnosing their hair problems to myself.

A friend of mine is a stylist and I watched them apply a relaxer to a clients head and it was oh so wrong, I couldn't concentrate during our conversation because I wanted to say Run Lady!! Run!!

:orders:Hey Y'all...I went and ordered something else:fan:...I swear I couldn't help it...a natural board member hipped me to this non chemical temporary hair straightener w/thermal heat protection. Y'all know my hair won't stay straight more than 1-2 days after flat ironing :locks:. LHCFer said her natural stayed straight 7-8 days. So I had to check it out!!

beyondstraight.jpg

I ordered it from HSN...has anybody here ever tried it? If it doesn't work I'm sending it back. Hopefully if will be here in a few days and I can use it this weekend.

Hi Klo,

I haven't tried it before, but let me know how you like it, I purchased a Maxiglide from HSN, and those 2 products came as samples in the box. I'm relaxed and didn't see the need for them but who knows, maybe I'll give them a whirl. Because at the first sign of humidity, I look like a cat that stuck their paw in an electrical socket. Although, I've been noticing that it hasn't been as bad lately hmmmmm!

Oh Klo, I dont even know if I need it but I want it. :lachen:It may be a great product to use when stretching. Hmmm... going to check out HSN.

beyondstraight.jpg

me, too! EVOO + ORS REP PAK, ooohh! Now they got me on this doggone hair steamer thing. :ohwell:I believe the ORS/EVOO combo with steam would make my hair lucious....:lick:

Girl that steamer thing has grabbed me by the neck and won't let go. I was reading those post on my phone and almost lost my mind.

I have it so bad!!!!!!!!! When I joined the forum, I went out and brought me a stand dryer, (had a table top, but naw, that wasn't good enough) and IMO it a pretty good one. It's by ProTools, and has some kind of IONIC button on it (what's it for, who knows :grin: I just know it's there, guess I have to search the forum and see what that's used for), has a timer, and heat setting, cost me 150 bucks, and was worth the investment. Anywho, I got caught up in the Pibbs thread and now I want to get one of those, WHY!!!....just because EVERYONE ELSE has one :lachen:. Then I went off wondering through that Maxiglide result thread, all of a sudden I had to have one (had a ceramic Conair one that got the job done when I needed to use), ordered it, received it, and haven't used it yet :lachen::lachen: that's been 2 weeks ago. Now.....the INFAMOUS STEAMER!!!!! HELP.....

What size rollers did you use? You can use the smaller ones and still blow out the roots with a small roundbrush so it won't look so granny-ish...all my roller-sets look that way if I don't blow out the roots first, even for a saran wrap style:yep:

Hey there...I used 3/4 and 1 inch rollers with the snap ons (instead of using clips) so the base of all my curls had a dent. :ohwell: I thought about trying to blow the dents straight but decided to try and flatten them out with the curlers. :ohwell: That was a bust. I think I have too many layers since I'm still on the shorter side. I'm gonna try again after my next texlax at the beginning of April.

Okay, I finally have a fokti! I have a bunch of pics up so far... will be documenting a reggie... please check it out!

http://members.fotki.com/cocopuff06
no password

For now, here are some pics of my growth.

Attachments

• IMG00842.jpg
    IMG00842.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4505.JPG
    IMG_4505.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4521.JPG
    IMG_4521.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 4
Girl that steamer thing has grabbed me by the neck and won't let go. I was reading those post on my phone and almost lost my mind.

I have it so bad!!!!!!!!! When I joined the forum, I went out and brought me a stand dryer, (had a table top, but naw, that wasn't good enough) and IMO it a pretty good one. It's by ProTools, and has some kind of IONIC button on it (what's it for, who knows :grin: I just know it's there, guess I have to search the forum and see what that's used for), has a timer, and heat setting, cost me 150 bucks, and was worth the investment. Anywho, I got caught up in the Pibbs thread and now I want to get one of those, WHY!!!....just because EVERYONE ELSE has one :lachen:. Then I went off wondering through that Maxiglide result thread, all of a sudden I had to have one (had a ceramic Conair one that got the job done when I needed to use), ordered it, received it, and haven't used it yet :lachen::lachen: that's been 2 weeks ago. Now.....the INFAMOUS STEAMER!!!!! HELP.....

I wish I could help, but I am 1 click away to get that doggone table top steamer that was in the thread:perplexed...in the words of Florida Evans "DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!!!":lachen:

Hey there...I used 3/4 and 1 inch rollers with the snap ons (instead of using clips) so the base of all my curls had a dent. :ohwell: I thought about trying to blow the dents straight but decided to try and flatten them out with the curlers. :ohwell: That was a bust. I think I have too many layers since I'm still on the shorter side. I'm gonna try again after my next texlax at the beginning of April.

huh?:perplexed I am corn-frused...:lachen:But, I think that's the right size roller. What about flat ironing just the roots with low heat to try and bump out the dents. If you only did it when you washed and only on your roots(the strongest part of your hair), I don't think it would 'cause too much damage...Then you coul get a smooth saran wrap and reg wrap at night later in the week...

Okay, I finally have a fokti! I have a bunch of pics up so far... will be documenting a reggie... please check it out!

http://members.fotki.com/cocopuff06
no password

For now, here are some pics of my growth.

You so doggone pretty, you can rock your hair a-n-y-w-a-y! :yep: The braids are cute, too! Gurl, you need to jump on this Boudless Tresses bandwagon with me to try and increase your growth if that's what you are aiming for.

I just got mine today and used it for the first time. It smells a little sulphur-y (I do have the scented one), but it could be my imagination, but my scalp feels all tingly. My goal is to use the whole bottle up and see where my growth is. I plan on relaxing soon, so I will take a length check pic and post and then measure my success at the end of the bottle. Since it's getting hot, I'll be rocking the up-do's more often, so I'll try to apply everyday or every other day...We'll see!!!

You so doggone pretty, you can rock your hair a-n-y-w-a-y! :yep: The braids are cute, too! Gurl, you need to jump on this Boudless Tresses bandwagon with me to try and increase your growth if that's what you are aiming for.

I just got mine today and used it for the first time. It smells a little sulphur-y (I do have the scented one), but it could be my imagination, but my scalp feels all tingly. My goal is to use the whole bottle up and see where my growth is. I plan on relaxing soon, so I will take a length check pic and post and then measure my success at the end of the bottle. Since it's getting hot, I'll be rocking the up-do's more often, so I'll try to apply everyday or every other day...We'll see!!!

:blush: Thanks FM!! I totally want to get BT and I always forget to order it! For some reason, I am unable to complete the transaction when I'm on the computer at work :computer:... but I am going to get it. Something about putting Monistat on my scalp doesn't quite appeal to me, so I really want to give it a shot! Keep us posted on how that goes for you!

My Dear Ladies

I wont be posting for a lil while. Im moving this weekend and I am soooo busy. Please dont think Im trying 2 ignore anyone. I will miss you ladies for the few days and I cant wait to be back 2 normal.

Talk 2 you soon,
Pr3tty

My Dear Ladies

I wont be posting for a lil while. Im moving this weekend and I am soooo busy. Please dont think Im trying 2 ignore anyone. I will miss you ladies for the few days and I cant wait to be back 2 normal.

Talk 2 you soon,
Pr3tty

Okay girl, we'll miss you! Hope the move goes well!

:blush: Thanks FM!! I totally want to get BT and I always forget to order it! For some reason, I am unable to complete the transaction when I'm on the computer at work :computer:... but I am going to get it. Something about putting Monistat on my scalp doesn't quite appeal to me, so I really want to give it a shot! Keep us posted on how that goes for you!

...right there wit cha on the cootchie cream:perplexed...just doesn't feel right...:lachen: I'll keep you updated...

Moving, oh Im tired just thinking about it! We'll miss you too, girl!

My Dear Ladies

Talk 2 you soon,
Pr3tty

My Dear Ladies

Talk 2 you soon,
Pr3tty

We'll miss you. and i hope everything goes well.

Ladies DH is yelling at me.... Everytime I put something in a box I stop and Im on here :look: ...... He said I need help. Maybe I do I cant get enough.

Its been bun and more bun.... I think Im getting more comfortable with my five head bc Ive been wearing my hair all back in public:lachen::lachen:

DH said its not really a 5 head more like a 4 and a half :lachen::lachen:so I guess I'll be fine:drunk:

Back