Newbie Challenge 08 P2

yeah, ima haveta read these threads to get more info on that...I'll let you know what I find out...:yep:

Edited to add:
I think you just need a chelating shampoo if you have hard water or use no-lye relaxers to remove calcium and mineral deposits on the hair. If you relax and use lye or have soft water, you are fine. Otherwise, a lot of folks are recommending the ORS Aloe Shampoo for chelating purposes.

I don't use no-lye, but I do have hard water, so chelating once a month on GP, might not be a bad idea for me....:yep: My head is spinning bc I learn SOMETHING new on this forum EVERY-SINGLE-DAY!!!:drunk: I LOVE IT!!!

Girl AMEN to that! :grin: I find myself all over these threads, sometimes I can't even focus on anything else because I'm locked in on the dang on computer. FindingMe, the explanation you gave is correct that is the exact understanding I got from all the stuff I read, and I use a no-lye relaxer so I'm going to do it once a month as well.

I've only use the chelating shampoo once, and when I did to me it didn't make my hair feel any different, but when I rinsed it out there was all kinds of stuff washing down the drain. I know in the past when I would use the clarifying shampoos my hair would be like that squeaky kind of clean but with this that didn't happen, I'll see what happens with it on Sunday.

lol, I know right? Definitely a new thing every time I come here. ANd I think you may have a point. I use lye, so I don't know. But what if you don't have hard water either?

If neither is an issue for you Fiya than I think you should be good with just using a clarifying shampoo, and I even with that I think it's also recommended that you do it at least once a month. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hey ladies,

Off topic: I just signed up for this challenge on the other thread but im kinda confused, because both threads seem to be up to date with posts, am i suppose to post on this thread or the other 1?

Good evening ladies.:wave: I used a new mixture to wash/rinse my hair... 1T baking soda/2 caps ACV/squirt of honey/8oz water...DC w/Silicon Mix...lacio lacio leave-in...sealed w/coconut oil. Here are my pics... my hair was trimmed about 2 weeks ago. For the next 4 weeks I am going to try to embrace my curly hair (the roots are hard to flat iron and are very wavy)

PLEASE EXCUSE MY BF...that's a whole nuther issue!!!:huh:
The 1st pic on 2/1/08.....2nd pic on 3/4/08

15xmsyd.jpg
3-4-08B.jpg

Last edited:
Hey ladies,

Off topic: I just signed up for this challenge on the other thread but im kinda confused, because both threads seem to be up to date with posts, am i suppose to post on this thread or the other 1?

The other post is the original thread for the newbie challenge this is a spin off so you post there... You can also read page 1 of this thread it should explain things a little better

Good evening ladies.:wave: I used a new mixture to wash/rinse my hair... 1T baking soda/2 caps ACV/squirt of honey/8oz water...DC w/Silicon Mix...lacio lacio leave-in...sealed w/coconut oil. Here are my pics... my hair was trimmed about 2 weeks ago. For the next 4 weeks I am going to try to embrace my curly hair (the roots are hard to flat iron and are very wavy)

PLEASE EXCUSE MY BF..that's a whole nuther issue!!!:huh:

3-4-08B.jpg

You hair looks yummy....

Hey Pr3tty, Your hair looks great! Keep it up! You may have read this during your searchs but I read of people protecting their hair with vaseline (not the newgrowth). this will help protect the hair if you overlap a bit. I'v never tried Vaseline, but i do use Ojon restorative (you all know how much I love this stuff). Also ORS seems to be a fav of many, maybe one of the other ladies can give you the pH level. Good Luck!!!

Thanx Jassy... I think I am gonna try the ORS

Hey ladies!!! Let me tell you how much it sucks not to have internet!!!:wallbash: My cable and internet have been out for a week and the cable company can't come and fix it until tomorrow! But I just wanted to say that there is some serious hair growing going on! Good job ladies. My hair has decided that it really likes co-washes with HE breaks over (thanks Pretty!) and twist outs. I did a twist out this morning with Ms.jessie's curly meringue and I like it a lot better than the curly pudding. I will post pics soon. Also for my march check in I was thinking about straightening my hair to see its true length. I haven't straightened my hair since October but I have a med school formal coming up on saturday and I thought it might be a good thing to do. I have no idea how to wear my hair though, any suggestions????

Im happy your hair likes the Breaks over.... I have to get another bottle bc my hair lovesssss it and it feels and smell soooo good.

PLEASE EXCUSE MY BF..that's a whole nuther issue!!!:huh:

3-4-08B.jpg

It seems like you new mixture really agrees with your hair. Nice :grin:

OUR BIRTHDAYS

Pr3tty ----------- ------- March 14

HotRibena---------------May 3

Klomax ---------- -------March 11

Beautifullyblack-------- November 24

Miami74-----------------April 11

IvyButter---------------September 21

Bign 17 -----------------October 31

IvyQuietStorm----------March 8

Bliss806-----------------August 6

Ms. AmerAkA-----------January 22

Findingme--------------April 9

Akimat001-------------November 30

Fiyaslovechild---------APRIL 28

Galadriel--------------September 11

Noemi----------------July 13

Daephae-------------June 25

LADIES IF YOUR BIRTHDAY IS NOT ON THIS LIST PLZ ADD IT BC SOMETIMES I 4GET TO GO BACK AND CHECK... SO JUST QUOTE IT AND ADD YOUR BIRTHDAY TO IT

Last edited:
Thanks Pr3tty & Bign 17 :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

BTW does anyone know where MBL is? Is it between the bottom of the bra strap & waist length?:nervous2:

Thanks Pr3tty & Bign 17 :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy

BTW does anyone know where MBL is? Is it between the bottom of the bra strap & waist length?:nervous2:

Its the middle of your back, so i'm guessing its a midway of BSL and WL. I'm not sure. I guess u need to see where the middle of your back lies and go from there

Its the middle of your back, so i'm guessing its a midway of BSL and WL. I'm not sure. I guess u need to see where the middle of your back lies and go from there

I agree wiht Fiya, according to the chart I've seen it uses Bra Strap and Mid Back interchangebly, but on the board, most ladies consider BSL when they reach the top of their bra strap, the chart shows it below that. Hope I'm explaining it correctly. I attached the chart for a visual

HTH :grin:

I agree wiht Fiya, according to the chart I've seen it uses Bra Strap and Mid Back interchangebly, but on the board, most ladies consider BSL when they reach the top of their bra strap, the chart shows it below that. Hope I'm explaining it correctly. I attached the chart for a visual

HTH :grin:
Oh, I thought it was the bottom of the BS :couchfire: On the chart it looks like the MBL= bottom of the brastrap.

Girl AMEN to that! :grin: I find myself all over these threads, sometimes I can't even focus on anything else because I'm locked in on the dang on computer. FindingMe, the explanation you gave is correct that is the exact understanding I got from all the stuff I read, and I use a no-lye relaxer so I'm going to do it once a month as well.

I've only use the chelating shampoo once, and when I did to me it didn't make my hair feel any different, but when I rinsed it out there was all kinds of stuff washing down the drain. I know in the past when I would use the clarifying shampoos my hair would be like that squeaky kind of clean but with this that didn't happen, I'll see what happens with it on Sunday.

:ohsnap: What kinda stuff? I guess it worked?

PLEASE EXCUSE MY BF...that's a whole nuther issue!!!:huh:
The 1st pic on 2/1/08.....2nd pic on 3/4/08

15xmsyd.jpg
3-4-08B.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Whew!!! BF aside:covereyes, your hair is lovely!!! Girl, you funny!!!! I could show you some...on the real! I have already decided that unless I lose some serious weight, I will have to draw a line on my t-shirt that says "BSL" to avoid taking a pic in my bra!!! :lachen::lachen:

Hey ladies

Did we 4get the water challenge????

I know im not the best at drinking water but we have to keep it up

OK, so I tried to follow up and do a braid out.:perplexed (My hair will only stay straight 1-2 days). I just did individual braids w/ lacio lacio..not as wavy as I hoped. I am going to try it again and roll the ends :perplexed
3-4-08B.jpg
braidout3-5-08b.jpg

Fiyaslovechild---------APRIL 28

Galadriel--------------September 11

Noemi----------------July 13

Daephae-------------June 25

LADIES IF YOUR BIRTHDAY IS NOT ON THIS LIST PLZ ADD IT BC SOMETIMES I 4GET TO GO BACK AND CHECK... SO JUST QUOTE IT AND ADD YOUR BIRTHDAY TO IT

My b-day is July 22. I haven't done my updated pictures yet, but I will this weekend and it'll probably be in a ponytail. I don't think I have any growth, but my hair is a lot healthier and my bf even noticed. Also about clarfying and chelating? How do you know when you need to do this? I have never done it and it would mean I have to run out to the store and buy a new hair product.:grin:

Last edited:
Back