Newbie Challenge 08 P2

^^^^^^^
Thanks!

I only had 32 oz of water so far today, but I am hoping to do at least 20 oz more before the end of the day...

Ladies dont 4get its March 1st and our progress pics are due.... Also plz include any new products you've tried or stop using....

I have been sick so thats the reason I have not been on in a day or two. I am not sure if I am going to wash my hair this week maybe if I feel better.

I will still post my progress pic from Feb 1st to last week.

Here is my progress pics from Feb 1st to now

hair002-2.jpg

hair21708019.jpg

hair21708040-1.jpg

hair21708003.jpg

So far Im happy with my progress

Last edited:

hair002-2.jpg

hair21708019.jpg

hair21708040-1.jpg

hair21708003.jpg

This is worth a double post: LOL!

OMG, Pr3tty!! YOUR HAIR ROCKS!!!!! :clap:THE THICKNESS AND THE SHINE ALONE MAKE ME WANT TO HUG YOU!!!! :bighug:
It also looks longer to me as well! Way to grow!:grin:

Ok, I have attached my March update photos (Click it to make it larger). I don't have much growth:ohwell:, but I can tell my layers are growing out. Especially around my face, I used to have bangs, now they are almost chin length! My hair also hangs differently. It feels more dense and thick, I guess bc the layers are moving towards the ends of my hair. However, due to my extreme scissor happy-ness, I have probably cut 2+ inches of new growth off the ends of my hair. :nono: I still have 1 inch more that I want to cut, but I am TRYING to get to full APL and beyond before I do it.

Overall, I am happy with the health and feel of my hair. I am SO diggin' LHCF!:grin:

Attachments

• 3 month comparison Dec - March.JPG
    3 month comparison Dec - March.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
This is worth a double post: LOL!

OMG, Pr3tty!! YOUR HAIR ROCKS!!!!! :clap:THE THICKNESS AND THE SHINE ALONE MAKE ME WANT TO HUG YOU!!!! :bighug:
It also looks longer to me as well! Way to grow!:grin:

and Im still laughing everytime I look at that hug:lachen:
Thanks agains

Ok, I have attached my March update photos (Click it to make it larger). I don't have much growth:ohwell:, but I can tell my layers are growing out. Especially around my face, I used to have bangs, now they are almost chin length! My hair also hangs differently. It feels more dense and thick, I guess bc the layers are moving towards the ends of my hair. However, due to my extreme scissor happy-ness, I have probably cut 2+ inches of new growth off the ends of my hair. :nono: I still have 1 inch more that I want to cut, but I am TRYING to get to full APL and beyond before I do it.

Overall, I am happy with the health and feel of my hair. I am SO diggin' LHCF!:grin:

OMG I just wanna take ur hair off ur head and walk around wit it:saythat:
To FindingMe's hair:urock::yep:

hey ladies

I was just looking at the right side of my hair and it is bold see thru no hair however you want to put it and that happened bc of my ex stylist who permed my edges while I had a sew in and left the perm on for 20 mins (at that time I didnt care about my own hair so I thought this would be fine) and while she was washing it out I had burns and cuts and all the hair was gone on the right side of my head.... Now its growing in a little but still looks really bad..

Does anyone have any ideas about what I can use to have that side grow in a little faster ??????

Pr3tty and FindingMe...I'm drooling over here looking at those healthy tresses! So much progress! It's really inspiring to watch each other's hair journeys and see where we started from and how far we've come along. It's awesome!

I'll post soon w/ pics and the products I've tried (I'm in the middle of deep conditioning right now :grin:).

Ok, so I finally got around to doing a clarifying wash with Nexxus Aloe Rid shampoo. I then used Nexxus Keraphix (for protein) and followed with my beloved Freeman Sea Kelp Moisture conditioner.

I deep conditioned with BioInfusion olive oil deep conditioner:

oliveoilcondish.jpg

I rinsed and used Herbal Essences LTR leave-in and sprayed a little Paul Brown Kukui Nut Oil (I recommend using this sparingly) concentrating on my ends and running some through my hair:

kukuioil.jpg

Somehow it reminds me of powdered sugar or cake :lick:

Here are the pics of my air-dried (or partially air-dried) hair. I apologize in advance as the pics had to be taken again by my camera phone. Oh, and I had to get DH to take the pics for me, LOL. He told me I was a "hair geek" and balked at the idea of me "taking pictures of the back of my head and putting it on the internet." :lachen:

2ProgressPicMar1.jpg

ProgressPicMar1.jpg

Does anyone have any ideas about what I can use to have that side grow in a little faster ??????

My first thought would be to use a growth aid and to just baby that area. Make sure not to put any stress on that area, ya know? Did you ever get BT?

hair002-2.jpg

hair21708019.jpg

hair21708040-1.jpg

hair21708003.jpg

WOW look at that progress:band2:...your hair looks so much thicker and healthier in 1 month...what are you doing differently Pr3tty?

Last edited:

FindingMe your hair is beautiful in the 1st pic :love:and more beautiful in the 3rd:love::love:...WOW...I love it!!!:heart:

Okay, so for the month of February, I did the following:

Wed or Thurs - Oil rinse with shikakai and condition with Kan Kanochemen.
Sat or sun - Pre poo with Amla oil and use shikakai, amla, bhringraj and aritha powders for a rinse, then condition with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle rose.

Nightly scalp massages with bhringraj oil or Himalaya Revitalizing hair oil. I also trimmed one inch and will continue to do so every other month to get rid of my scraggly ends. I wear a half wig during the week and wear my hair in a updo on the weekend.

I am 6 weeks post relaxer and my hair is definitely getting thicker, but my NG is still very manageable. I spray my NG with a glycerine, water, SAA mixture and apply Elasta QP mango butter to my edges. I am happy with my progress so far.

Last edited:
My first thought would be to use a growth aid and to just baby that area. Make sure not to put any stress on that area, ya know? Did you ever get BT?

I didnt get the BT dont know why bc I usually get everything. i was looking into MN but not sure and I had MTG that I never used bc of the smell but if I have to I will bc I didnt know how bad it really was until I took a pic of it

WOW look at that progress:band2:...your hair looks so much thicker and healthier in 1 month...what are you doing differently Pr3tty?

Thanx......Everythingis different the way i touch it.. Seriously in February is when I really started taking care of my hair. I did try the whole co wash thing, I kinda like it and I guess Ill see my true progress when I relax this weekend....

Ribena,

your hair's looking more full/thick. When I'm not bunning, I have the exact same protective style as you :grin:

hey ladies

I was just looking at the right side of my hair and it is bold see thru no hair however you want to put it and that happened bc of my ex stylist who permed my edges while I had a sew in and left the perm on for 20 mins (at that time I didnt care about my own hair so I thought this would be fine) and while she was washing it out I had burns and cuts and all the hair was gone on the right side of my head.... Now its growing in a little but still looks really bad..

I had a bald spot and I nursed it with *gasp* Sulfur 8 mixed with Glover's. Its a fuunnnky smell, but only a dab goes a long way and I nursed my spot and in +/- 3 months, I had a inch of NG. Not fuzz either, like a thick little patch.

Well, my hair looks shorter because of the shrinkage. I want to wait till I get my Pibbs and do a flexi set for my progress pics so i can show some real progress. So hopefully late next week, I'll have my Pibbs and will be able to post.

I had a bald spot and I nursed it with *gasp* Sulfur 8 mixed with Glover's. Its a fuunnnky smell, but only a dab goes a long way and I nursed my spot and in +/- 3 months, I had a inch of NG. Not fuzz either, like a thick little patch.

Im gonna pick up some sulfer 8 and mix it with MTG and mn and see what happens.... Thanx

Ok, so I finally got around to doing a clarifying wash with Nexxus Aloe Rid shampoo. I then used Nexxus Keraphix (for protein) and followed with my beloved Freeman Sea Kelp Moisture conditioner.

I deep conditioned with BioInfusion olive oil deep conditioner:

oliveoilcondish.jpg

I rinsed and used Herbal Essences LTR leave-in and sprayed a little Paul Brown Kukui Nut Oil (I recommend using this sparingly) concentrating on my ends and running some through my hair:

kukuioil.jpg

Somehow it reminds me of powdered sugar or cake :lick:

Here are the pics of my air-dried (or partially air-dried) hair. I apologize in advance as the pics had to be taken again by my camera phone. Oh, and I had to get DH to take the pics for me, LOL. He told me I was a "hair geek" and balked at the idea of me "taking pictures of the back of my head and putting it on the internet." :lachen:

2ProgressPicMar1.jpg

ProgressPicMar1.jpg

Your hair looks great! :grin: Are you APL when it's straightened out? I like the V shape. (I take my pictures myself in the bathroom in secret!:blush: I think DH would have a whole lotta comments, too ...LOL!:lachen:

okay i finally found where I was allowed to join.:grin:. I have to say that the steps i took for the growth I got was I braided my hair and came up with a spray that I gotta from reading posts. I got a 240z spray bottle and spray my hair once or twice a day wth it.
2oz vitamin e
2 oz of liquid MSM (i found it at health food store]
8 0z african pride braid spray
2 oz of parneuv tea tree scalp oil
4 oz of mtg(later switched to sulu)
and the rest of the bottle I filled with infusium 23

I braided my hair in medium sized individual braids and noticed edges were pull , So I corned the front half and let individual hang in the back. I rebraided the front every two weeks which kept it fresh looking. I wash every week with the regimen I came up with just like it was not braided. In the shower and I rinsed VERY VERY well to decrease build- up. I was pleased with the first 6 weeks I took it down two and rebraided another six week. I decided to stay in the braids when I saw the wind weather ripping through others hair. I will post my weekly regiem soon. this post is getting long. IMO Protective styles do help you retain length.

HAPPY GROWING EVERYONE

Attachments

• foy.jpg
    foy.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 36
Your hair looks great! :grin: Are you APL when it's straightened out? I like the V shape. (I take my pictures myself in the bathroom in secret!:blush: I think DH would have a whole lotta comments, too ...LOL!:lachen:

Findingme, where on earth do u purchase those shirts with the inches on the back? I have tried every search engine,lol, but to no avail.

Findingme, where on earth do u purchase those shirts with the inches on the back? I have tried every search engine,lol, but to no avail.

ummm, i just got a plain white t-shirt and drew the lines on the back with a Sharpie and a yard stick...:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I started with a line at APL, since it was easy to determine on the shirt and then went 2 inches up and 2 inches down and just kept on going...When I had all my lines, I lettered them :yep:

Thanks! I swear when my hair's straightened out it's like almost-just-needs-a-centimeter-more close to APL :lachen:
If I don't screw things up I will make my goal of being APL by the end of this month :grin:. My hair's doing the V shape thing, but I want to eventually get a blunt cut (so I'll wait to grow a few more inches).

okay i finally found where I was allowed to join.:grin:. I have to say that the steps i took for the growth I got was I braided my hair and came up with a spray that I gotta from reading posts. I got a 240z spray bottle and spray my hair once or twice a day wth it.
2oz vitamin e
2 oz of liquid MSM (i found it at health food store]
8 0z african pride braid spray
2 oz of parneuv tea tree scalp oil
4 oz of mtg(later switched to sulu)
and the rest of the bottle I filled with infusium 23

I braided my hair in medium sized individual braids and noticed edges were pull , So I corned the front half and let individual hang in the back. I rebraided the front every two weeks which kept it fresh looking. I wash every week with the regimen I came up with just like it was not braided. In the shower and I rinsed VERY VERY well to decrease build- up. I was pleased with the first 6 weeks I took it down two and rebraided another six week. I decided to stay in the braids when I saw the wind weather ripping through others hair. I will post my weekly regiem soon. this post is getting long. IMO Protective styles do help you retain length.

HAPPY GROWING EVERYONE

Oooh, that sounds nice Isa :yep:. Makes me want to start mixing my own stuff in bottles :grin:
And ITA about protective styling, especially cornrows/braids.

Hey Ladies

Im gonna relax this weekend for the first time since being a member here and I looked at a lot of relaxer threads and I think I know what I should do.

I need to know if anyone have any suggestions or anything I should make sure to do. I dont need links to page bc I may have went thru them all just whatever you know off hand.

Im thinking of using ORS no lye but I really dont know the ph level. I have fine thin hair so I need something thats not too strong

So let me know I will be taking notes... Thanx ladies

Back