Newbie Challenge 08 P2

Update on water challenge (sorry for not checking in yesterday...had to work late). Yesterday I drank 40 oz of water. Today, so far, I drank 20 oz. But, the night is not over yet, so I will try to drink at least 20 oz...I'm trying! :blush:

Yesterday a drunk 2 20oz bottles of water. Today I am just starting a bottle. It is definitely hard. I don't see how people drink 64oz a day. Its like you'd having to constantly be drinking water all day to do that. I don't drink 64 oz of anything on a daily basis yet alone water. Plus, sometimes I just be craving something with some flavor especially when I'm eating.

I totally agree! :amen:. Like right now there is some really tasty, juicy, :lick:ummm soo good, berry punch in the fridge and I have to sit here and drink water:wallbash:. I know in the middle of the night when I wake up for my mid night craving I am going to have to drink some of that juice in order to go back to sleep. Oh yeah and talking about running to the bathroom to a point where it is really annoying!! URGHH!!! Lol. But I am gonna go right now and try to guzzle down and other half bottle of water to make at least 2 bottles by the end of today.

I totally agree! :amen:. Like right now there is some really tasty, juicy, :lick:ummm soo good, berry punch in the fridge and I have to sit here and drink water:wallbash:. I know in the middle of the night when I wake up for my mid night craving I am going to have to drink some of that juice in order to go back to sleep. Oh yeah and talking about running to the bathroom to a point where it is really annoying!! URGHH!!! Lol. But I am gonna go right now and try to guzzle down and other half bottle of water to make at least 2 bottles by the end of today.

Well I am so proud of you all!! :grin: You are really trying, so keep it up. :thumbsup: It's definitely not easy... i feel like I am drinking water all day! :pullhair: but keep at it, its sooo good for you. And don't just not drink anything, thats as bad as drinking soda and juice. You body needs to stay hydrated :yep:

That sounds about right to me. And I think you do it everytime you moisturize... which would be everyday/every other day...right?

And I have a question: when you use EVOO, is it real, cooking EVOO or a bottle of Olive Oil made for hair?:ohwell:

Hi cocopuff06, I started with the cooking one, and then when I last went to the BSS store I saw a bottle in there so I picked it up, I honestly don't think there is a difference though. I'll have to check out the bottles and let you know.

Thanx Fiya..... Atleast 3 bottles until we are all there and can do more. If u can jus add a bottle to whatever you drink now if its more than 3 bottles

OK, so regarding the water challenge, I've been awful these past 2 days I had to travel out of town for work and my whole routine was knocked to high hell. I drank some water but no where near what we were suppose to drink, but starting Wednesday (should I say today) I'm going to get on the ball again.

I also use ORS Replenishing Paks...my hair LOVES it :lick:...I also have ORS Hair Mayo which I use once in a while but I favor the Replenishing Condish. My hair is extremely protein sensitive and the Replenishing is the only protein moiturizier that my hair seems to respond well to.

ok, see I tell you I can't get this ingredients thing straight, :wallbash: didn't know the ORS pak was a protein, I thought it was a plain moisturizer. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Yesterday a drunk 2 20oz bottles of water. Today I am just starting a bottle. It is definitely hard. I don't see how people drink 64oz a day. Its like you'd having to constantly be drinking water all day to do that. I don't drink 64 oz of anything on a daily basis yet alone water. Plus, sometimes I just be craving something with some flavor especially when I'm eating.

You guys should try crystal light. It has no sugar and 0 calories and taste yummy!!!!:lick: It comes in a variety of flavors like lemonade, ice tea and rasberry, my favorite. They make special packets for water bottles too, making it easy and convenient!!

I also use ORS Replenishing Paks...my hair LOVES it :lick:...I also have ORS Hair Mayo which I use once in a while but I favor the Replenishing Condish. My hair is extremely protein sensitive and the Replenishing is the only protein moiturizier that my hair seems to respond well to.

Is the ORS OO Replenishing pak a protein or moisturizer conditioner?:perplexed

You guys should try crystal light. It has no sugar and 0 calories and taste yummy!!!!:lick: It comes in a variety of flavors like lemonade, ice tea and rasberry, my favorite. They make special packets for water bottles too, making it easy and convenient!!

I second that!!!
My favs are raspberry lemonade and peach iced tea :woohoo2:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Is the ORS OO Replenishing pak a protein or moisturizer conditioner?:perplexed

ORS Replenishing is a light protein moisturizing conditioner.

Water Aqua , Soybean Oil Glycine Soja , Glycerine , Olive Oil Olea Europaea , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , DMDM Hydantoin , Amino Silk Acid , Dimethicone Copolyol , Orange Oil Citrus Aupantium Dulcis , D'Limonene , Panthenol Vitamin B5 , Dimethicone , EDTA , Chamomile Extract Anthemis Nobilis , Sage Extract Salvia Officinalis , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Aloe Vera Gel Aloe Barbedensis , Yarrow Extract Achilea Millefolium , Kiwi Extract Actinidia Chinensis , Polyquaternium-37 , Trideceth-7 , Triethanolamine , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , Methylchlorosothiazolinone , Methylchlorothiazolinone , Yellow No. 6 CI 15985 , Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

I couldn't find the ingredient list for the Hair Mayo..but here are some threads that will help us in identifying the different types of proteins.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=20494

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=85360

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=92906

Last edited:
So far as the Water Challenge...:ohwell:

It's going....slowly. I've been drinking but I'm not sure I'm drinking enough because I haven't been drinking bottles. I average 4 (8oz?) cups at work and maybe 2 (12oz?) cups at home. Give or take 30 oz.'s. :lachen:

Thats me right there I cant drink water after eating I need something real

I think I am odd. I like water and milk. I can down 24 oz of water in a sitting.:perplexed Gimme a cold glass of 1% milk and I am slurping it UP....YUMMM:drunk: I've been doing good on the water challenge and still have some to drink today, but will be done with that around 4p. Also another thing I've been dong is I have stopped eating after 8pm. So basically the only thing I CAN do is drink water. It's helping me, too. I do have to pee during the night:blush:, but it is doing me some good. I think I have lost like 4 lbs in the past 2 weeks!!!:grin:

I think I am odd. I like water and milk. I can down 24 oz of water in a sitting.:perplexed Gimme a cold glass of 1% milk and I am slurping it UP....YUMMM:drunk: I've been doing good on the water challenge and still have some to drink today, but will be done with that around 4p. Also another thing I've been dong is I have stopped eating after 8pm. So basically the only thing I CAN do is drink water. It's helping me, too. I do have to pee during the night:blush:, but it is doing me some good. I think I have lost like 4 lbs in the past 2 weeks!!!:grin:

That's awesome!

ok, see I tell you I can't get this ingredients thing straight, :wallbash: didn't know the ORS pak was a protein, I thought it was a plain moisturizer. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Yep. I think it was what they orignally had in their relaxer kits as an after relaxer protein conditioner to re-strengthen the bonds in the hair and SO many people loved it, they started selling the paks seperately.:yep: But from my understanding, it is one of the more moisturizing ones, which is why so many people love it. I hear it doesn't make your hair hard like other proteins , but soft. I plan on using it this weekend and I'll give you my review for fully relaxed hair...

There is a current poll going for ORS Rep Pak vs Ms Keys 10 en 1:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=196869

ORS was winning when I checked...

Last edited:
Alright Y'all..I tried the WnG again...this AM I DC w/Silicon Mix on dry hair(good slip)/used infusium & mango butter as a leave ins/air dried 98%.... my hair still looked janky:perplexed (but it felt soft) ....so I sprayed on Emergencia intensive leave-in conditioner for blowdry (this made my hair damp)...I blow dried w/wide comb attachment...my hair felt soft & moisturized ....I can dance :woohoo2::woohoo2:w/this hair(bouncin & swangin') ....I think my hair likes heat & cones!!! It still has a soft wave pattern!!!

WnGBD.jpg
WnGPfl.jpg

LOVELY!! :yep: I'm telling you the truth, if it was my hair N-O-B-O-D-Y would like me!!! :lachen:I wouldn't have no friends...nothin'...:lachen:

LOVELY!! :yep: I'm telling you the truth, if it was my hair N-O-B-O-D-Y would like me!!! :lachen:I wouldn't have no friends...nothin'...:lachen:
:thankyou: I put it in bantu knots last night w/a little mango butter..I don't know how it turned out yet.

Last edited:
Bantu set...4 knots... I put a little mango butter in after the WnG before I twisted:peek2:
BANTU.jpg

Last edited:

I dont drink water or milk... Ima mess

Ok ladies, here's my lastest experiment. Oh and I bought two new products from garnier fructis. They were 2 for 6 and I couldn't pass them up. I have the curl shaping gel spray and curl construct mousse. The mousse made a pretty braid out ponytail. Well I purchased some smaller curlers and I did my hair in a couple of ponytails. We'll see how it turns out. lol. Oh yeah me and parting hair :spinning:. I'm still having a little bit of breakage when my hair is dry. Can anyone make some suggestions for me? I moisturize twice a day.
ponys6.jpg

ponys1.jpg

Back