Newbie Challenge 08 P2

WOOOOOOOO. I just read through all the pages I missed. I started at page 13. I know I reread some of them twice. Anyway my b-day is on July 22 and I'm really hoping for full thick health APL hair. As to the water challenge, well like so many other ladies here I hate it to. I did read up on vitamin water and it's only a little better than drinking a soda.

LOVELY!! :yep: I'm telling you the truth, if it was my hair N-O-B-O-D-Y would like me!!! :lachen:I wouldn't have no friends...nothin'...:lachen:

I concur.:lachen:And thats a shame. But Klomax, your hair is amazing. I just love it. As far as the water challenge, i drunk 5 bottles today which i was surprised of. I think it was because i walked around alot today doing laundry and heading back and forth to the library, and i just love cold water after i get done walking. So hopefully, i can keep up with this amount.

Ohhh girl you did you thing with the Bantu knots. You rocked them, dang :bouncy:
Thank you so much ...I really appreciate that...y'all are gonna make me :cry3:.. I had no real idea what to do with my hair before LHCF...it was a knotty mess...but I'm learnin.

I concur.:lachen:And thats a shame. But Klomax, your hair is amazing. I just love it. As far as the water challenge, i drunk 5 bottles today which i was surprised of. I think it was because i walked around alot today doing laundry and heading back and forth to the library, and i just love cold water after i get done walking. So hopefully, i can keep up with this amount.

Thank you girl...All of the ladies on this board have been so good to me..so supportive...it really means alot to me.

By the way how's that banana clip treating you? (I just love them!!)

Hi ladies!

It's been a few days and I just want to update. My hard water test strips finally arrived and I went around campus testing every rain drop and puddle I could find. Turns out...every place I checked has hard water. :ohwell: I bought ORS Creamy Aloe Shampoo because it removes mineral deposits, used it as my first lather, then mixed Keracare's hydrating and dry and itchy scalp poo for my second lather. After my deep condition I did a rollerset and my hair came out pretty decent. Still working on how to combat dryness, though.

I wish I had pics but my batteries to my camera died. I'll buy more this weekend :)

The water challenge is going great!

Okay, let me take a deep breath, because I have a lot to say :lala:

I have washed my hair 3 times since my last long post, so bear with me because I have definitely seen the good, the bad, and the ugly and learned a few things that my hair like and a few things that are a :nono2:

2/20
-pre-poo with ORS Rep Pac and Olive oil for 1 hour
-CON conditioning poo
-KeraCare Hum con
-ApHogee leave in con
-Twists with Fantasia IC shine on cream and styling gel
I had a lot of breakage (as usual) and my twists were pretty stiff and dry. They softened up as the weekend went by, and I used my Mango Butter throughout which always helps with the process

2/25
-Prepoo with ORS rep pac and Olive oil
... Here is the crazy :crazy: part... I fell asleep!!! Totally meant to wash it out after an hour... So the next morning was a MAD dash to figure out what do with this wet ball of black cotton on my hair so I don't scare my co-workers :lachen::lachen::lachen: The quickest thing would be to straighten since I obviously didn't have time to twist. Since I have been on here, I have been very nervous :nervous2:about using heat, so I tried to use as little as possible... CLEARLY it's all or nothing for me..:nono:
Con with Breaks Over (Thanks Pr3ttty). It was okay, but I didn't really get to appreciate it because my hair was already jacked from sleeping with that ORS all night.. (for some reason my hair does not like to be over conditioned in those caps, it gets so :gotroasted:

Instead of blowdrying, I went under the dryer to dry my hair and then flat iron.. So here I was trying to flat iron a shrunken afro!! :badidea: SO I ended up using the blowdryer anyway. I got most of it straight, except the roots and the ends (the most important parts!!!! :wallbash:) I used a little curl wax and nexxus Heat Protectant and finished it off with Motions Light Spritz. By the time I was done I wanted to :pullhair:because it was SO STIFF and couldn't put a comb thru without it totally reverting. So i picked it with my fingers and and just ran to work.That night, I pin curled my hair and picked it out a bit with my hands, and it was just BIG!! Thats the only way to describe it. So I knew I had to wash again, because my hair was NOT feelin all that heat :nono2:
And I had MAJOR breakage. Realized my hair needs some protein...:yep:

And at this point my hair definitely HATED ME! :nono:
2/27

(Decided to change it up a bit)

-Garnier Fructis poo +con 2-in-1 moisture plus :love::love::love:
-Pantene Relaxed n Natural Breakage Defense conditioner and 1 egg yolk:love2:
- HE Breaks Over Condtioner:love5::love5::love5:
-ACV rinse
-ApHogee Leave in Con
-Twists with mango butter and Fantasia IC gel

My hair was SO SOFT and curly and happy!! Right now, I can say that my hair loves me again :love4:
I am going to get this Fokti thing setup asap and then I will post my pics.
Okay thanks for listening to my hair week! :thankyou: :grin:

I have washed my hair 3 times since my last long post, so bear with me because I have definitely seen the good, the bad, and the ugly and learned a few things that my hair like and a few things that are a :nono2:

2/20
-CON conditioning poo
-KeraCare Hum con
-ApHogee leave in con
I had a lot of breakage (as usual) and my twists were pretty stiff and dry. They softened up as the weekend went by, and I used my Mango Butter throughout which always helps with the process

2/25
... Here is the crazy :crazy: part... I fell asleep!!! Totally meant to wash it out after an hour... So the next morning was a MAD dash to figure out what do with this wet ball of black cotton on my hair so I don't scare my co-workers :lachen::lachen::lachen: The quickest thing would be to straighten since I obviously didn't have time to twist. Since I have been on here, I have been very nervous :nervous2:about using heat, so I tried to use as little as possible... CLEARLY it's all or nothing for me..:nono:
Con with Breaks Over (Thanks Pr3ttty). It was okay, but I didn't really get to appreciate it because my hair was already jacked from sleeping with that ORS all night.. (for some reason my hair does not like to be over conditioned in those caps, it gets so :gotroasted:

Instead of blowdrying, I went under the dryer to dry my hair and then flat iron.. So here I was trying to flat iron a shrunken afro!! :badidea: SO I ended up using the blowdryer anyway. I got most of it straight, except the roots and the ends (the most important parts!!!! :wallbash:) I used a little curl wax and nexxus Heat Protectant and finished it off with Motions Light Spritz. By the time I was done I wanted to :pullhair:because it was SO STIFF and couldn't put a comb thru without it totally reverting. So i picked it with my fingers and and just ran to work.That night, I pin curled my hair and picked it out a bit with my hands, and it was just BIG!! Thats the only way to describe it. So I knew I had to wash again, because my hair was NOT feelin all that heat :nono2:

2/27

-ACV rinse
-ApHogee Leave in Con

My hair was SO SOFT and curly and happy!! Right now, I can say that my hair loves me again :love4:

Hey Coco! Seems like we stay goin through some stuff, LOL...:lachen:Glad you're back on track...I have one question? Why'd you only use the egg yolk? I never used an egg but I woulda mixed it up like I was gonna scramble it!:spinning: I need to try the egg, maybe that will be another form of protein that I can use.:yep:

Checking in on the Water Challenge....

Yesterday: Not so good. :nono: Didn't drink any water all day. I was throwing back ginger ale's like nobody's business. :ohwell:

Today: Better...I've already had 36 oz at work! :yep:

2/20
-CON conditioning poo
-KeraCare Hum con
-ApHogee leave in con

2/25

2/27

-ACV rinse
-ApHogee Leave in Con

Wow, talk about trial and error! I'm glad you found what works for your hair.

OK, everyone....."DRUMBROLL".......I did my very con wash :2cool:

I didn't ever think I would say those words :lachen:. Guess I'm just ole school with feeling that I have to wash my hair with shampoo. Well I 2 wash updates to give.

Sunday I finally got around to using the ORS Pak, and I really like it :yep:. I definitely will be picking up a few more of them, it's going to become my staple in my regi. So I DC'd with Motion's Protein reconstructor, washed and then used the ORS both with heat for 60 min, and used Lacio as my leave in, and my hair came out very nicely. So for my Wednesday wash I switched it up a bit. I said what the heck, let me try this con wash stuff and see how things turn out.....hey what's the worst that can happen, I'll have to rewash my hair. So I DC'd on dry hair with the ORS for 60 min with heat, and of course I struggled at the that point cause I wanted to use shampoo :ohwell: but I didn't I condish with HE LTR, rinsed and did the leave in thing with HE LTR and was out of the bathroom and on to roller setting. The end result was pretty good, I think I will do it again for my Sunday wash, only thing is I don't think it washed out the condish as well as I could have so Imma watch out for that on Sunday, but all in all I'm satisfied. When I got up this morning I moisturized with mango butter and sealed with EVOO, dusted my ends and I was on my way.

OK, everyone....."DRUMBROLL".......I did my very con wash :2cool:

I didn't ever think I would say those words :lachen:. Guess I'm just ole school with feeling that I have to wash my hair with shampoo. Well I 2 wash updates to give.

Sunday I finally got around to using the ORS Pak, and I really like it :yep:. I definitely will be picking up a few more of them, it's going to become my staple in my regi. So I DC'd with Motion's Protein reconstructor, washed and then used the ORS both with heat for 60 min, and used Lacio as my leave in, and my hair came out very nicely. So for my Wednesday wash I switched it up a bit. I said what the heck, let me try this con wash stuff and see how things turn out.....hey what's the worst that can happen, I'll have to rewash my hair. So I DC'd on dry hair with the ORS for 60 min with heat, and of course I struggled at the that point cause I wanted to use shampoo :ohwell: but I didn't I condish with HE LTR, rinsed and did the leave in thing with HE LTR and was out of the bathroom and on to roller setting. The end result was pretty good, I think I will do it again for my Sunday wash, only thing is I don't think it washed out the condish as well as I could have so Imma watch out for that on Sunday, but all in all I'm satisfied. When I got up this morning I moisturized with mango butter and sealed with EVOO, dusted my ends and I was on my way.

Con washes are the best! (and so are ORS replenishing paks) :grin:

Hey Coco! Seems like we stay goin through some stuff, LOL...:lachen:Glad you're back on track...I have one question? Why'd you only use the egg yolk? I never used an egg but I woulda mixed it up like I was gonna scramble it!:spinning: I need to try the egg, maybe that will be another form of protein that I can use.:yep:

Tell me about it!! :lachen:

I read it on one of these threads and it specifically mentioned the egg yolk... And since the yolk has all the cholesterol, I think its the most important part. I guess I could have just put the whole thing it, tho.... :rolleyes:

Yea this was the thread http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=35278
This is a really good thread, btw!!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I have a question. I've been having issues with my sisters hair breakage, as you all may know, well I washed last wednesday and did the Aphogee 2-min re constructor, which didn't seem to work. I'm wondering if I can wash today and do the full protein Aphogee treatment? Will it be too soon to use today?

Hey everyone!

I have a question. I've been having issues with my sisters hair breakage, as you all may know, well I washed last wednesday and did the Aphogee 2-min re constructor, which didn't seem to work. I'm wondering if I can wash today and do the full protein Aphogee treatment? Will it be too soon to use today?

Can you post this question on the original newbie thread so the ladies who are new can see the question and answers.. It may help them out also

Thank you girl...All of the ladies on this board have been so good to me..so supportive...it really means alot to me.

By the way how's that banana clip treating you? (I just love them!!)

:grin::grin: The banana clips are just fine. I wear my brown one out,lol. I love those. I have been thinking about getting a sew in lately. Its been on my mind. So who knows what will happen on my holiday.

And I fell from 5 bottles to 4 today. I felt tapped,lol. I love water, but too much can make me feel heavy.

Hi everyone. I'm checking in on the water challenge. I drank 40 oz of water so far. I will drink some more tonight. How is everyone else doing with this challenge?

Bantu set...4 knots... I put a little mango butter in after the WnG before I twisted:peek2:
BANTU.jpg

How cum my bantu knots never turn out like this?:nono: I love this!! I looks so natural and pretty! LOVE IT!:lick:

Ok ladies, here's my lastest experiment. Oh and I bought two new products from garnier fructis. They were 2 for 6 and I couldn't pass them up. I have the curl shaping gel spray and curl construct mousse. The mousse made a pretty braid out ponytail. Well I purchased some smaller curlers and I did my hair in a couple of ponytails. We'll see how it turns out. lol. Oh yeah me and parting hair :spinning:. I'm still having a little bit of breakage when my hair is dry. Can anyone make some suggestions for me? I moisturize twice a day.
ponys6.jpg

ponys1.jpg

Leona, you the QUEEN of cheat sets! :king: I applaud your creativity!:clap: You gone find an easier way, huh?! :lachen:I bet it turns out the bomb!

Hi everyone. I'm checking in on the water challenge. I drank 40 oz of water so far. I will drink some more tonight. How is everyone else doing with this challenge?

I have a cold, so I have been drinking orange juice and gatorade instead of my normal H2O.:ohwell: I have only had 20 ounces today, but I can't eat or drink anything else (after 8p), so I will probably drink another 20 oz before tonight's over.

I have a cold, so I have been drinking orange juice and gatorade instead of my normal H2O.:ohwell: I have only had 20 ounces today, but I can't eat or drink anything else (after 8p), so I will probably drink another 20 oz before tonight's over.

:nono: Hope you feel better soon.

I hope you feel better

Ok Ok. Here's the results. I really messed the curls up because I didn't know how to take the rollers out right. I was expecting basically the same look as last time only with a smaller tighter curl. Did not happen. I like this so much that I'm dcing with my own mix of cholesterol and motion silk protein and then I'm going to reset my hair and try again. I have more pics in my fotki album if anyone wants to look. I'll update after this one also. Oh I just noticed that I have a guest there. What am suppose to do? Greet them?
p_00014.jpg
p_00013.jpg
p_00008-1.jpg

I really like it! :grin: It looks like you combined some of the sections. Did you have any trouble with the parts? It came out good! Girl, how did you post them pics so big?:lachen:

Last edited:
Back