NEW:Married without a Marriage License...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you are so silly.

Brainwashed people will of course disagree with this entirely and make silly *** comments. Why? because they allow others to do all the thinking for them.

Sounds like that's just you. Had you not come at people so disrespectfully, attacking them for being 'silly' :rolleyes:, maybe people would engage in this discussion.

Are you gonna explain the advantages or benefits to not having the government legalize your marriage or not?

What would be the advantage of not having a legally recognized marriage?.... No answer...
OK, then,
What is the difference between a marriage that is not legally recognized and being boyfriend and girlfriend?

So what if God-forbid, something tragic happens to this 'husband'. You as a 'wife' have no rights nor control over medical decisions because you're not recognized as legally married. What then?

ok so it seems that i may need to school some of you...go do ur research...have you ever heard of power of attorney, living wills, sovereignty????

then we can have an intelligent convo and you wake the hell up.:sleeping:

So what if God-forbid, something tragic happens to this 'husband'. You as a 'wife' have no rights nor control over medical decisions because you're not recognized as legally married. What then?
Something similar happened with my friend's dad. In his case though, they were estranged but legally married. Step-mom made all the decisions. They weren't even living together at the time. She listed her mom and all of her kids and grandkids in the obituary while my friend and her sister had to cuss her out to include his biological kids and grandkids. My friend and her siblings still aren't about to get none of his belonging and some of them he had years before he met her. It was a tough pill for the family to swallow and there wasn't a thing they could do about it.

Last edited:
ok so it seems that i may need to school some of you...go do ur research...have you ever heard of power of attorney, living wills, sovereignty????

You started the thread so come prepared with the info next time. If you're so enlightened, why can't you just tell us uneducated folk?

OP, why are so hostile? You are doing the very thing you accusing others of doing... not answering questions. No need for the name calling. This could be an interesting discussion.

Last edited:
Sounds like that's just you. Had you not come at people so disrespectfully, attacking them for being 'silly' :rolleyes:, maybe people would engage in this discussion.

Are you gonna explain the advantages or benefits to not having the government legalize your marriage or not?

sweety please read the original post...that is not the intent of this thread. FYI i was being insulted sweety..i dont take kindly to insults

yall love a good bandwagon huh...

ps..im not explaining ish to you dumb ***..nor was i asking for ur understanding...here is an idea...why dont you roll ue eyes into a book every now and then.

It seems you didnt understand the point of this thread either...i wasnt asking for ur advice if i should or not. the thread applied to those who have already chosen this route.

people im not asking anyones permission or opinions to make any decisions (urs nor the state)

i swear some of yall are slow...

:lachen:

I suggest you get to the head of the "slow" line. I did not give any advice. I just wanted to understand your reasoning because you said it was something you were considering.

Where did I give an opinion in my first post on your wack arse idea of marriage. Good luck, you will need it :yep:

These things can be a big headache, and can come too late in an emergency. If your "spouse" gets rushed into the hospital and a decision has to be made immediately, and you are not legally married, they will call their parents or next of kin and not allow you to see them until you run home or make a call and show them some proof of your arrangement.

BTW: are you in one of these marriages? And are you a single or plural wife?

OP,

A few of us have asked in non-attacking ways what the benefits were. I'm sure most people have never heard or thought about a marriage that is not recognized by the state.

Usually, the minister can not marry a couple without a license. Most people aren't in this type of marriage.

So we're just trying to get some understanding...so you don't have to be defensive.

BTW: are you in one of these marriages? And are you a single or plural wife?

:giggle: .........

To me there is more advantages to getting married the old fashioned way. *shrug* Who's to say your man is gonna get the power of attorney, make a will, etc...

You started the thread so come prepared with the info next time. If you're so enlightened, why can't you just tell us uneducated folk?

because i would be encouraging ur ignorance...thats a waste of time and not on my agenda...better things to do..as a matter of fact im just gonna leave yall to talk to ur dam selves..obviously their is no one here with even an ounce of common sense. IM DONE! :nuts: :realitycheck:

because i would be encouraging ur ignorance...thats a waste of time and not on my agenda...better things to do..as a matter of fact im just gonna leave yall to talk to ur dam selves..obviously their is no one here with even an ounce of common sense. IM DONE! :nuts: :realitycheck:

:look: ...........

LOL, some people were coming at OP on the sly initially, keep it real :look:, however I would love to know who has chosen the non-legal route. Legal marriages are a new phenomenon I believe,, what were our forefathers doing before?

So I should pay a lawyer hundreds to thousands of dollars to ensure that I have the same rights as someone who paid $30 for a marriage license???

Do you know what forum you are on? Have you read any of the post on marriage and the benefits of it to the black community? If you have then you had to know you were unlikely to find anyone willing to agree with your stance. As far as I'm concerned this is one of the most foolish threads I've ever seen post. The nerve of you to come in here and post this thread and offer a website that looks like my toddler created it as proof that this is a good idea, then fail to give any logical argument as to WHY this is something that anyone should do.

Girl Please.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

:ohwell:

Well, on that note, should we turn this thread into a dance off or an OT Random Thoughts?

My lace wig will be delivered today and I have a case brief to write for class tomorrow.

Why start a thread if you don't want to hear disagreement or answer questions about your beliefs?

LOL, some people were coming at OP on the sly initially, keep it real :look:, however I would love to know who has chosen the non-legal route. Legal marriages are a new phenomenon I believe,, what were our forefathers doing before?
Didn't our forefathers also own black folk?

All the posts before OP's response post were respectful.

I have a friend who has been married for 15 years without papers. They got married in Jamaica out of the blue. They were going to get a legal marriage license, but decided not to for money, tax, and business purposes. I have no idea how that works. I didn't even know you could get married without a marriage license. The only thing I think they may be referring to is income taxes *shrug*

Where can one get a non-goverment recognized marriage?

I think a lot us didn't know this was an option.

Like I stated previously, a minister will tell you, he can not marry you, without a license.

How does this type of ceremony work? Who is willing to perform a non-government recognized marriage?

I am genuinely interested in the ideology behind it. Guess I will google and post.

I have a friend who has been married for 15 years without papers. They got married in Jamaica out of the blue. They were going to get a legal marriage license, but decided not to for money, tax, and business purposes. I have no idea how that works. I didn't even know you could get married without a marriage license. The only thing I think they may be referring to is income taxes *shrug*
The guy's parents I was talking about are Jamaican.

@pookaloo83 I love your twist out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back