NEW:Married without a Marriage License...

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuriqueen

I know that most people will reject to this idea of marriage, but it is (IMO) the best way to keep the government out of your marriage. I found a religious website (link below) where they encourage couples who marry to record their marriage in a bible. A lot of people don't realize that a "legal marriage" by/with the state is a newer "requirement" instituted so the government can have more control over your everyday affairs.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Famil...ge/license.htm

I AM NOT ANTI-GOVERNMENT. I AM PRO CONSTITUTION.

It is actually a violation of your constitutional rights to turn a right into a privilege. You have the right to marry without "permission" from the state.

Has anyone chosen this method to marry their husband or wife? How did you record your marriage?

OP,

May I ask..what are the pros of not disclosing your marital status to the government?

I'm not attacking or anything. I've never known anyone to not get a marriage license..I guess because you can't legally be married without one.

Also your link doesn't work...FYI

So you're suggesting that people just start having make believe marriages to their SO's?:look: Like just have verbal agreements with men like we used to do when we played house as little girls? Matter of fact, a large swath of black women are wayyy ahead of you, calling random boyfriends or acquaintances hubby just because:lol:

Seriously though, I think the notion is just...how can I put this nicely....not smart:yep: First of all, some of us are happily non-religious, so being married only in the eyes of the church is not good enough for me. Second of all why the paranoia about being legally married? You get innumerable benefits and protections as a result. Third, please don't let yourself get played by these politicians who talk about how horrible the govt is while they scratch and claw to become a fundamental part of it:rolleyes:.

Finally, I SINCERELY hope, you're not considering this because of some dude, because if that's the case you're getting played by a commitment-phobe:lol:

Sent from my iPhone4 using LHCF

Nope. I'm too busy enjoying the protections of a legal marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF
:yep: If people are OK with a "marriage without the paper", that's their choice, but I :perplexed and :nono: that "protections" have now become synonymous with "control" (whether at the hands of the government or a person who insists on a legal marriage over cohabitation).

Nope. I'm too busy enjoying the protections of a legal marriage.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

enjoy ur "protections" while they last..eventually it will become a weapon used against you the rest of you all with smart *** comments :lol:

Anyway I didnt ask for ignorant statements especially those from women who think a marriage is legal only if its recognized by ur state. get educated and if u dont have anything significant to say K.I.M.:flyingwit

So you're suggesting that people just start having make believe marriages to their SO's?:look: Like just have verbal agreements with men like we used to do when we played house as little girls? Matter of fact, a large swath of black women are wayyy ahead of you, calling random boyfriends or acquaintances hubby just because:lol:

Seriously though, I think the notion is just...how can I put this nicely....not smart:yep: First of all, some of us are happily non-religious, so being married only in the eyes of the church is not good enough for me. Second of all why the paranoia about being legally married? You get innumerable benefits and protections as a result. Third, please don't let yourself get played by these politicians who talk about how horrible the govt is while they scratch and claw to become a fundamental part of it:rolleyes:.

Finally, I SINCERELY hope, you're not considering this because of some dude, because if that's the case you're getting played by a commitment-phobe:lol:

Sent from my iPhone4 using LHCF

my goal is not to try and convince any one of anything...fyi no one is getting played it was my idea vs his. There is no "paranoia" here sweetie you are def in the wrong thread. rolling ur eyes only shows ur intense level of ignorance. :hammer:

enjoy ur "protections" while they last..eventually it will become a weapon used against you the rest of you all with smart *** comments :lol:

Anyway I didnt ask for ignorant statements especially those from women who think a marriage is legal only if its recognized by ur state. get educated and if u dont have anything significant to say K.I.M.:flyingwit
**crickets***

RT: I really miss the little blue smiley :sad:

you_mad.jpg

Has anyone chosen this method to marry their husband or wife? How did you record your marriage?

Please stick to the original question and leave ur smartass opinions to urselves...i dont give a damn about a govt issued piece of paper..some of you all are really zombies...caught up in the matrix 4real smdh

sounds like you're not really married

God forbid that you partner should leave then you won't be entitled to anyhting...

Even if we don't like the system, God wants us to adhere to the laws of the land...

Why are you concerned with keeping the government out of your marriage? What are the benefits of doing so? The government will be in your ish married or not, so I am not sure I understand your reasoning.

What would be the advantage of not having a legally recognized marriage?

How will legal marriage become a "weapon against you"?
I am interested in learning more too. I met a guy whose parents are "married" this way. Dude went on and on about how his parents have a spiritual marriage and it's not "tainted" by the government. I honestly thought Pops was just running game :lol:

Imma need papers on a ninja though :yep:

^^ I tried the link too..because I honestly wanted too see what the pros were for it.

I'm all for "to each his own", even I disagree, I am interested in trying understanding another person's point of view.

Pookaloo, that GIF had me rolling!! LOL

Oh yeah...y'all do realize this thread is gonna be shut down right?? :lachen:

Some of you are so silly. A marriage CONTRACT is between you, SO, and the state (3 parties). A state marriage is solely on the terms of the state unless you make other contracts between just you and SO.

Non state marriages, Real Marriages, are between two people on their OWN terms.

Brainwashed people will of course disagree with this entirely and make silly *** comments. Why? because they allow others (government) to do all the thinking for them.
ie ask permission to marry and pay for the "opportunity" to do so. GTFOH!!!

So what if God-forbid, something tragic happens to this 'husband'. You as a 'wife' have no rights nor control over medical decisions because you're not recognized as legally married. What then?

Why are you concerned with keeping the government out of your marriage? What are the benefits of doing so? The government will be in your ish married or not, so I am not sure I understand your reasoning.

It seems you didnt understand the point of this thread either...i wasnt asking for ur advice if i should or not. the thread applied to those who have already chosen this route.

people im not asking anyones permission or opinions to make any decisions (urs nor the state)

i swear some of yall are slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back