My s/o just called and...

Odd One

He told me that his grandfather passed away today. He wasnt really close to him since he lived in Haiti and got news from him via his father. My s/o has been touched by the news but is mostly worried about how his father is gonna react.

So I never had the pain to loose someone close to me. Not even someone close to some1 close to me (expect once, 6years ago). I wanna be there for him but don't really know what to say:perplexed. I mean... i'm not sure on how to be there for him. I know him well (we've known each other for 7years now) so i have an idea on how he is gonna react.but idk if i should just leave it alone and let him talk when he wants to or what.

I think ill find my own answer in my question. Since i was on lhcf when he called and i didnt feel like calling any1 i decided to post a thread in here. Thanks for reading

Just tell him if he needs to talk your there, if he needs anything to let you know. If he wants to talk abt it he will....

Sometimes you don't need to say anything. Just being there and him knowing that you have his back at all times is very soothing and comforting. :yep:

Just be there, but a month or so down the line don't be afraid to ask how he's dealing with it. I've been there several times now and while friends might be initially supportive, they can tend to move on and forget about it before the grief is really gone.

Just be there, but a month or so down the line don't be afraid to ask how he's dealing with it. I've been there several times now and while friends might be initially supportive, they can tend to move on and forget about it before the grief is really gone.

that is good advice. i also don't know how to comfort people well. it makes sense that all the hurt isn't contained in a couple of weeks.

Back