My Dating Quest in 2011. Is He the One?

Dang girl, you have a lot of nice prospects, I don't even have one :lol:! I'm excited for you though and I'll defintely will be eyeing this thread.

Ok. Sorry for the late response. I'm just now reading through the thread.

Chicitygirl, I totally understand what you're saying. Maybe there is a better word to explain the ones that I've in communication with on match, but haven't met yet? I'll probably reserve the term 'prospect' for the ones that I've physically spent time with just to avoid confusion. Trust me, I've done online dating in the past, so I'm definitely aware that all that glitters is not gold. I'm optimistic though because I've been in 3 long term relationships fwith men that I've met online.

Give me a few secs ladies. I'm about to post my update from last night's date. :-) Thanks for sharing in this with me!

Chicitygirl, I totally understand what you're saying. Maybe there is a better word to explain the ones that I've in communication with on match, but haven't met yet? I'll probably reserve the term 'prospect' for the ones that I've physically spent time with just to avoid confusion. Trust me, I've done online dating in the past, so I'm definitely aware that all that glitters is not gold. I'm optimistic though because I've been in 3 long term relationships fwith men that I've met online.

Give me a few secs ladies. I'm about to post my update from last night's date. :-) Thanks for sharing in this with me!

The prison dudes? :lachen:

Hey Ediese,

Wishing you all of the best with your dating adventures!

Do you have any advice for an online dating newbie?

I just made my profile yesterday, and still need to upload some photos when I get home tonight. I went to two weddings last year of couples that met on-line! :yep:

:popcorn: This thread is going to be great. I love how everyone is subbing like it's a really anticipated movie. (More like documentary since it's real.) :lol: Good Luck!

Sounds exciting. I may check out my match.com account and see who is now on their.

I had a girlfriend that met her husband on their and he was a engineer and I think also had a Phd.

Wishing you the best!!!

Cant wait to hear about your dating ventures!!! Sounds like you have some good prospects thus far!

I am STILL waiting on your update Ediese! :lol: Very exciting thread. This is like watching a reality show a little. :lol:
"What Ediese Wants!"

Get back in here Ediese! You can't leave us hanging like this! Talking about you'll be back in a sec :lol:.

I’m so sorry for sending this so late. I was in the process of typing up something yesterday, and I lost it all, so I got a little frustrated and said phluck it. Sorry ladies.
The short of it is I thought he was cute, not usually my type physically. Not sure what that means? I had a really good time, and he’s already planning our second date. Lol I’ll try to post a lengthier update later this week.

Hey Ediese,

Wishing you all of the best with your dating adventures!

Do you have any advice for an online dating newbie?

I just made my profile yesterday, and still need to upload some photos when I get home tonight. I went to two weddings last year of couples that met on-line! :yep:

Thanks! I don't really have any advice. I think my profile is pretty forward in terms of what I'm seeking. I only reply to guys that have photos, and use correct grammar. lol You'd be surprised!
I also strongly recommend meeting in a place where you feel most comfortable. I don't ever let them pick me up, or know where I live. In the past, I would suggest talking to them on the phone for a couple weeks beforehand, but I don't do that anymore. I've talked to a few guys and thought they were GREAT, but ended up not feeling any chemistry when we met. Now, I try to get that first date out of the way as soon as I can. Good luck! It's definitely fun! :-)

I am STILL waiting on your update Ediese! :lol: Very exciting thread. This is like watching a reality show a little. :lol:
"What Ediese Wants!"

Get back in here Ediese! You can't leave us hanging like this! Talking about you'll be back in a sec :lol:.

Sorry ladies! I'm telling yall I had a book written out, and I lost all of it!! I had to turn off my computer before I ripped my hair out. lol I'll try to type it out again tonight.

I think this is a great idea and I will be following. I hope to read of wedding bells in the future!

Sorry ladies! I'm telling yall I had a book written out, and I lost all of it!! I had to turn off my computer before I ripped my hair out. lol I'll try to type it out again tonight.

Keeping copying as you type. Every paragragh or so copy the whole thing. Then at at least you won't have to retype, or type in Word first, then copy & paste. Shoot we don't have time for this! Thickhair's thread started out almost exactly like yours and the ending was fantastic. We all want to see lightening strike twice :yep:.

Keeping copying as you type. Every paragragh or so copy the whole thing. Then at at least you won't have to retype, or type in Word first, then copy & paste. Shoot we don't have time for this! Thickhair's thread started out almost exactly like yours and the ending was fantastic. We all want to see lightening strike twice :yep:.

Apparently I missed this! Link? :grin:

I’m so sorry for sending this so late. I was in the process of typing up something yesterday, and I lost it all, so I got a little frustrated and said phluck it. Sorry ladies.
The short of it is I thought he was cute, not usually my type physically. Not sure what that means? I had a really good time, and he’s already planning our second date. Lol I’ll try to post a lengthier update later this week.

How did I completely miss this update? Thanks and good luck.

Back