Midback 2008 Challenge

Add me too please. I have been hovering around APL to long. I need to step my game up.

:scratchch Hmm, I am a risk-taker, but this might be more than I can handle

*pacing back and forth, mulling this over*

I'll be back guys--gotta go measure again.

(Can the goal be 12/31/08, at like 11:59:43pm?? :lol:)

ETA: I think I'm gonna sit this one out...but MBL in 09, I am so there :D

Last edited:
I hope it isn't too late to join this challenge but I am in. Right now I am just achieving APL so I believe that I can get to MBL, that is my 1st long term goal anyway. So I have 1 1/2 years to get there....good I can do it!

Blackoutzangel05 said:
I hope it isn't too late to join this challenge but I am in. Right now I am just achieving APL so I believe that I can get to MBL, that is my 1st long term goal anyway. So I have 1 1/2 years to get there....good I can do it!

Too late, girl no. The end is 1 1/2 yr away!

OT: Hey I miss you in the fittness challenge. Congrats on the wedding!:grin:

artemis_e. said:
:scratchch Hmm, I am a risk-taker, but this might be more than I can handle

*pacing back and forth, mulling this over*

I'll be back guys--gotta go measure again.

(Can the goal be 12/31/08, at like 11:59:43pm?? :lol:)

ETA: I think I'm gonna sit this one out...but MBL in 09, I am so there :D

I know that was a struggle, but there will always be a MBL challenge coming up.:lol:

Hmm...I *think* I might want to join this challenge...I usually avoid these challenge threads because I don't want to get my hopes up and not make it. :ohwell: However, I'll think about this and if I join I'll post measurements (well not my current measurements...have to straighten first :cool:) since I don't post pics.

Hello Everyone!

Count me in! I love a good challenge. I'm currently at BSL so I will strive for the 1/08 mark since it doesn't quite look like I'm going to make it in 2007. Wish me luck!

I'm IN!

I keep getting more and more excited when I measured the distance to MBL! :D This will be such a dream come true for me, I have never had hair down my back before!

I just need to be consistent, stick with what works for me and leave my hair alone style-wise.

Welcome to MB 08 Challenge :wave:

Brandi
Blackoutzangel05
CurliDiva
Dare-to -Dream

Your names have been added to the list. Good luck!

Ineedhair said:
Welcome to MB 08 Challenge :wave:

Dare-to -Dream

Your name have been added to the list. Good luck!

:lol:

Okay..I was still thinking about it but since I'm now apart of the "challenge," I will go ahead and post my "goal." First, I have to say that my original goal was "full shoulder length" but then I felt that I would be happy with "armpit length" hair. My longest layers when stretched (don't know for sure) are at/or hovering around armpit length hair but it just doesn't seem to be it if you get my drift. It's funny I never even wanted bra clasp length, lol. It seems that it has been around armpit length for a very long time now and my hair grows at a snail's pace (only 1/4 inch or less per month so I make sure to take vitamins and use a growth stimulant); I'm tired of it..it needs to get longer, lol. So here are the measurements/goal(s):

19" from hairline to ends (as measured on October 15, 2005 that last time my hair was "straight")
??" from hairline to ends (next press/hair straigthening October 15, 2007 *I will measure at that time and update*)
26" from hairline to ends *Two to three inches past bra clasp* (October 15, 2008)

*I know those who are at or around armpit length are slated for July 2008 but I'm just going give myself a few more months since my hair grows really slowly. :( If it close to a certain length around that time then that would be great...I've been more successful in reducing shedding/knots (which I have to cut/tear out of my hear) this year than I was last year so if I can continue with that then I'll see what happens July 2008. ;)

Last edited:
I am in. I am a newbie so this will be my first challenge. My goal is MBL by 12/08. Current Length: Mid-Neck :( , but I guess I have to start somewhere if I want long healthy hair. I will post pictures later.

Dare~to~Dream said:
:lol:

*I know those who are at or around armpit length are slated for July 2008 but I'm just going give myself a few more months since my hair grows really slowly. :( If it close to a certain length around that time then that would be great...I've been more successful in reducing shedding/knots (which I have to cut/tear out of my hear) this year than I was last year so if I can continue with that then I'll see what happens July 2008. ;)

There is no pressure. The target dates are for fun and to give yourself an extra push. However, if you don't make it in July 08 you have until December 08. If you don't make it in December you have until _______. As long as your is in good health, growth will come:) .

hondahoney007 said:
Hey twin, I'm going to shoot for MBL in 08 also. Please add me to the list.

Yup, I was waiting for you to join. What took you so long:D . Missy, what is your target date? Y'know I will be hounding you for updates:p and stalking your fotki:sekret: :lol: .

ayjacks said:
I am in. I am a newbie so this will be my first challenge. My goal is MBL by 12/08. Current Length: Mid-Neck :( , but I guess I have to start somewhere if I want long healthy hair. I will post pictures later.

Welcome Ayjacks:wave: , I have added you to the list. Good luck!

I'm in!!! I'm currently right at the top of brastrap... waiting for some castor oil based fullness to kick in. :lol: :lol:

Ineedhair said:
Yup, I was waiting for you to join. What took you so long:D . Missy, what is your target date? Y'know I will be hounding you for updates:p and stalking your fotki:sekret: :lol: .

I don't know how I missed this thread. My target date, according to your guidelines, is 07/08. I will be checking up on you also. HHG!! :D

I missed this thread! How? I want in plz!!!!!! I have until 12/08 according to the chart. *gulp* We can do it!

Whooo I am so down and love this forward thinking! By next year December, I should be Midback!! Right now I am an inch past APL on target to "Pop my Brastrap" in December. So based on Kinikakes progress which I am dreaming for, I hope to meet it by December 2008!!

Sweet!

I'm in....I'm about apl stretched and an inch longer on the sides. I'm growing out layers so sometimes in o8 hopefully I'll reach my goals.

Back