Miconazole Nitrate

LondonDiva said:
How often are people applying? Daily, every other day, weekly???

Hey LD!! :wave: Long time no time no see!!

I just wanted to add to the ladies who participate in a flexible spending account for medical expenses...topical antifungal treatments such as Neosporin, Lotramin and Monistats 3, 7 and others are considered over the counter medicines which are reimbursable with a third party receipt only. No recommendation from a health care professional is required.

NOW, be sure to check with your FSA provider but it's definitely covered as an over the counter (OTC) med.

So you can grow your hair AND do it with pre-taxed dollars! :eyebrows:

I'm just sayin'! :sekret:

Last edited:
rosie said:
Okay, I was in my DH's medicine cabinet today and saw a can of Neosporin-AF liquid spray. My mind got to thinking.

I've used it before and it is cold (on my feet). Couldn't imagine using it on my scalp. Freeze City!!!

Oh, btw, for you ladies who have money taken out of your paychecks for Flexible spending accounts (through your job). OTC products like neosporin, aspirin, etc are reimbursable.

You get your money back.

So in essence, you could buy like 10 tubes, submit the reciept and recieve a reimbursement check in about 2 weeks. Then when you run out, you can buy some more.

As long as you have money in your FSA.

Just a thought.

:lol:

Dang, I should've read on a little further! Great minds think alike I see! :yep:

I have been using the monistat 4%, it seems to working well for me. The hair at the nape area seems to be growing in very well.

What would be the best product to mix the Miconazole Nitrate with? Should it be a grease/hairdress or an oil? I was thinking about either Wild Growth Hair Oil or Dark & Lovely Natural Hair Dress.

VWVixxen said:

I just wanted to add to the ladies who participate in a flexible spending account for medical expenses...topical antifungal treatments such as Neosporin, Lotramin and Monistats 3, 7 and others are considered over the counter medicines which are reimbursable with a third party receipt only. No recommendation from a health care professional is required.

NOW, be sure to check with your FSA provider but it's definitely covered by Conexis which is who my company uses...

So you can grow your hair AND do it with pre-taxed dollars! :eyebrowz:

OT: I was just thinking about we hadn't heard from you. Where have you been?

myoung said:
OT: I was just thinking about we hadn't heard from you. Where have you been?

Somebody missed me?!! :kiss: :yay:

Lol, seriously, my company works as consultants for a local government agency. Well, the client's IS department mentioned to my Boss that I was spending A LOT O' TIME online and I was mildy reprimanded. I like my hair but... I NEED my job.

It's sad too cause I miss ya'll!! :cry3:

Re: : Miconazole Nitrate

On one of the hair loss forums apparently ketoconazole is used to grow back bald spots. I was thinking of trying Daktarin Gold in one months time to see how it also works for growing hair.

naturaline said:
how much did it cost? what size is the tube? x

I don't remember the price exactly. £3.00 and some change, probably closer to £4.00

The tube is 15g, the next time I get some I'm going to see if they have a bigger tube. It's very small, but don't let that put you off, because a teeny tiny amount goes a very long way.

VWVixxen said:

NOW, be sure to check with your FSA provider but it's definitely covered by Conexis which is who my company uses...

So you can grow your hair AND do it with pre-taxed dollars! :eyebrowz:

Hey VWVixen :wave: ....yea it's been a loooooooooooong time for sure!!!

LondonDiva said:
I don't remember the price exactly. £3.00 and some change, probably closer to £4.00

The tube is 15g, the next time I get some I'm going to see if they have a bigger tube. It's very small, but don't let that put you off, because a teeny tiny amount goes a very long way.
cool...
keep us up dated!
x

HoneyDew said:
Someone posted that they would try it but I think the only products that are 4% or more is Monistat.

I don't think I could use monistat because of the thick bulky texture.

Hi, you are the reason why I started using this stuff in the first place. Any updates? :)

VWVixxen said:
:lol:

Dang, I should've read on a little further! Great minds think alike I see! :yep:

Shoot, if you can feed your PJ urges with pre taxed dollars and in essence pay a net amount of ZERO dollars, then why not?

EMJazzy said:
Hi, you are the reason why I started using this stuff in the first place. Any updates? :)

Well, I am still using Neosporin AF and my hair is growing pretty fast. I have never tried Monistat or anything with more than 2% MN, though.

Anyway, my hair is growing fast – a little TOO fast actually. I cannot keep up with it because it seems that my hair seems to needs a relaxer much sooner than normal so that part is a challenge. I dyed a gray hair of mine jet black about 2 weeks ago. I saw last night that there’s about ¼ inch of gray that has grown in now and I even had stopped using it everyday like I was at 1st (too busy).

The tingles that I feel are interesting, but I know why that is happening (fast growth!). I have a 2% MN product called Diabet-x and I don’t seem to get as much growth and I don’t really feel the tingles and itching as I do with Neosporin AF. This proves that not all MN products work as well.

But, I notice that I have to be consistent with this. I need to do it once a day to really see the surprising growth. I don’t use it on shampoo day (twice a week) and sometimes I get lazy and I am still seeing nice progress.

Last edited:
sareca said:
Oh wait... it was 7 days. Did I say a couple? Ooops. It's a good rate, but it ain't that good. :lachen:

Still Girl, a couple vs. 7 and a quarter inch. That's excellent. You know where I'm headed........ I'm on the bandwagon again. :D

REConsul said:
Still Girl, a couple vs. 7 and a quarter inch. That's excellent. You know where I'm headed........ I'm on the bandwagon again. :D

Welcome aboard! :) I've tried...well... everything and this is the first time I've experienced any acceleration of my growth rate.

sareca said:
Welcome aboard! :) I've tried...well... everything and this is the first time I've experienced any acceleration of my growth rate.

Thanks, my hair is growing and the right side of my hair looks gorgeous. The left side however is so damaged so I need to accelerate the growth on the left side to catch up to the right, so I can stop looking crazy. :grin:

HoneyDew said:
Well, I am still using Neosporin AF and my hair is growing pretty fast. I have never tried Monistat or anything with more than 2% MN, though.

Anyway, my hair is growing fast – a little TOO fast actually. I cannot keep up with it because it seems that my hair seems to needs a relaxer much sooner than normal so that part is a challenge. I dyed a gray hair of mine jet black about 2 weeks ago. I saw last night that there’s about ¼ inch of gray that has grown in now and I even had stopped using it everyday like I was at 1st (too busy).

The tingles that I feel are interesting, but I know why that is happening (fast growth!). I have a 2% MN product called Diabet-x and I don’t seem to get as much growth and I don’t really feel the tingles and itching as I do with Neosporin AF. This proves that not all MN products work as well.

But, I notice that I have to be consistent with this. I need to do it once a day to really see the surprising growth. I don’t use it on shampoo day (twice a week) and sometimes I get lazy and I am still seeing nice progress.

Thanks for the update!! :up: I'm looking forward to the accelerated growth!! Right now I'm using the RiteAid brand of the 2% MN along with the cortizone and cayenne pepper cream that Sade7 mentioned....now you have me wondering whether or not I'll have to use the actual Monistat brand for the same effect.....oh well time will tell!

HHG

REConsul said:
Thanks, my hair is growing and the right side of my hair looks gorgeous. The left side however is so damaged so I need to accelerate the growth on the left side to catch up to the right, so I can stop looking crazy. :grin:
That happened to me too but, opposite sides. My left side is doing great. The right side has split ends and was about 1.5 inches shorter. :eek::mad::( I think my engagement ring did it. :yep: I take it off before I manipulate my hair now.

This is a GREAT thread. Very encouraging. :grin:

Are most folks applying the cream straight, or mixing it with any oils?

Hmmm, I want to find a way to continue w/my 4x a week mtg regimen, but also incorporate this.

KiniKakes said:

Hmmm, I want to find a way to continue w/my 4x a week mtg regimen, but also incorporate this.

I apply the cream mix straight (I don't mix with any oils just the cayenne pepper cream the cortizone cream and the MN cream) in the morning.....I apply the MTG at night before going to bed. That's how I incorporate both products in my daily regimen.

KiniKakes said:

I add it to my growth oil concoction.

:cool:
HoneyDew said:

exactly how are you using the neosporin AF

EMJazzy said:
I apply the cream mix straight (I don't mix with any oils just the cayenne pepper cream the cortizone cream and the MN cream) in the morning.....I apply the MTG at night before going to bed. That's how I incorporate both products in my daily regimen.

EMJazzy, What sort of growth rate are you seeing from all of these products?

MsDanele1518 said:
:cool:

exactly how are you using the neosporin AF

I actually just put it on my scalp like you would apply grease.

I like Neosporin AF because it melts fast and does not leave build up.

I experimented with a few products with MN and the Neosporin AF seems to be the best.

HoneyDew, do you use the Neosporin AF with another oil or straight? I wish I had of seen your progress photos. =(

I'm going to lurk in this thread for a while and check out the progress reports.

HoneyDew said:
I actually just put it on my scalp like you would apply grease.

I like Neosporin AF because it melts fast and does not leave build up.

I experimented with a few products with MN and the Neosporin AF seems to be the best.

I told one of my girl friends about you guys using Neosporin AF and that you said your hair was growing fast. Well I spoke with her yesterday and she said she had been to half a dozen stores and drugstores and cannot find it on the shelf. I guess other members of this board are buying it out.

I told her to use monistat 7 because that is suppose to have the same active ingredient. Isn't it. I hope I told her the right thing. How many of you are using monistat 7 and seeing results?

VWVixxen said:
HoneyDew, do you use the Neosporin AF with another oil or straight? I wish I had of seen your progress photos. =(

I'm going to lurk in this thread for a while and check out the progress reports.

I am not using anything else. I had stopped putting any product on my scalp a few weeks before I started the Neosporin AF trial. So I only use the Neosporin AF right now. I bet if I used something else I might get less tingles. I am not sure I like the tingles I am getting. :ohwell: mixing it mught actually be a good idea, but I am too lazy. But, applying the cream cleanly and evenly does leaves my hair like it is – non-oily or weighed down.

I am going to post more photos soon. My albums were not locked and I got some drama with my pictures from other forums so I just decided to chill off the album for a little bit. It was creating a bit of fury inside of me and I did not want that.

People doubted that there was a difference my progress photos and were making ignorant comments. Since closing my album, I feel much better and my progress is less of a mental burden. I will post more pics when there is a more obvious difference to someone that cannot see in person and I will only show those interested.

Edie said:
I told one of my girl friends about you guys using Neosporin AF and that you said your hair was growing fast. Well I spoke with her yesterday and she said she had been to half a dozen stores and drugstores and cannot find it on the shelf. I guess other members of this board are buying it out.

I told her to use monistat 7 because that is suppose to have the same active ingredient. Isn't it. I hope I told her the right thing. How many of you are using monistat 7 and seeing results?

I am sure she can use it, but I would not like the texture of Monistat on my scalp. What's ideal about the Neosporin AF, IMO, is that it melts instantly. I think that aids in the absorption of it. It took the use of several products to see that not all of them are the same.

I think it is trial and error, though. This is new for me, too. She should try it and then let us know how it goes. Or she can try Lotriman AF. That one may be good, as well.

You know I went to a grocery store last weekend, she they only had 2 tubes of Neosporin AF and NO NTM leave-in or Daily Deep Conditioner. I wonder why?! :)

Anyway, Monistat is made to stay in place, you know. I cannot see it being absorbed well.

EMJazzy said:

Where did you buy your cayenne pepper cream? Does it work better than regular cayenne pepper? TIA:)

Sade7 said:
I have been using my own special formula for some time now and I can not keep my hair relaxed. I usually "stretch" to 3 weeks before I touch up but even then, the new growth is so thick that I usually stop being able to comb my hair after week 2. Another thing, my hair is so lush and thick. It not only has gotten longer, it has gotten THICKER!!! I thought I was just crazy until I started examining my shed. When I take the shed strands and lay them flat, about 2-3 inches from the end are normal diameter and towards the root is reallllly thick (course), almost wirery. I really don't know which product in my concoction is responsible but whatever it is..... it's working.

By the way: I use cayenne pepper cream, cortizone cream, and antifungal cream. All CREAMS not the ointments. All are mixed in equal parts.

Cayenne pepper cream = capsaicin HP
http://www.walgreens.com/search/search_results.jsp?No=5&_dyncharset=ASCII&_D%3A%2Fsearch%2Fsearchbase%2FSearchOptions.resultsperPage=+&%2Fsearch%2Fsearchbase%2FSearchOptions.resultsperPage=5&term=capsaicin&N=0&y=0&x=0&section=A&_DARGS=%2Fcommon%2Fnavigation%2Fheader_fg.jsp.1
This product DOES burn, so be careful and be conservative at first.

this question wasn't directed at me but for those who are wondering Capsaicin HP is the cayenne pepper cream it can be found at any drugstore I got more of a hot scalp with this(temporary heat for 15 min then goes away) than with the straight cayenne pepper I bought the Capsaicin Hp at Walmart they had it $6 cheaper than the other drugstores that I went to

Last edited:
Back