Miconazole Nitrate - I am a believer now!

regular neosproin won't work--it has to have the active ingredient miconazole nitrate.

try looking for the drug store brand of the neosporin AF or ask the pharmasist where it is.

I FOUND NEO AF IN WALMART, THEY HAD TON'S OF IT, BUT IT'S NOT WITH THE REG NEO...IT'S NEXT TO THE CONDOMS, FOOTSPRAY NEAR THE MENS STUFF BECAUSE IT'S USED FOR JOCK ITCH, NOT SCRAPES

Edie, don't you have waist-length hair? Are you trying to grow your hair past that length with this miconazole nitrate? :smirk:

I hate this site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I made a firm decision today to stop using the MN (cause my new growth is totally poofy due to the water content) and continue to just use MTG.

But here I am reading about the results everyone is getting and now I'm going to have to go back to using MTG and MN. UGHHHH. I think I'm going to combine the mixture and see how that works.

This site is badddddddd news. But I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!

High Priestess said:
May I ask how much growth in this short period of time. Just curious. :D
About 1/4 inch mainly, slightly longer about 3/8 in some other areas. I really thought I was seeing things. I had a spot that was almost bald. I've had trouble with it for years (results of a glue in) and that spot now has hair in. I mixed the MN, cortisone, and 2 tablespoons of black jamacian castor oil. I applied twice a day. I swore I wouldn't try this and had been avoiding this thread like the plague but I'm now a believer.

Last edited:
Poohbear said:
Edie, don't you have waist-length hair? Are you trying to grow your hair past that length with this miconazole nitrate? :smirk:

I cut it just before the holidays to just below bra length. I was going to school at the time and I just did not have to time to deal with all that hair. I am trying to get it to grow to waist length by summer, so I can wear my hip huggers (my husband loves me in those). I think waist length hair looks so sexy with hip hugger jeans and tops that show a couple inches of the waist.

joyous said:
About 1/4 inch mainly, slightly longer about 3/8 in some other areas. I really thought I was seeing things.

That's how I felt when I 1st used it. I thought I was going nuts because of the new growth I had gotten in such a short time.

Edie said:
I cut it just before the holidays to just below bra length. I was going to school at the time and I just did not have to time to deal with all that hair. I am trying to get it to grow to waist length by summer, so I can wear my hip huggers (my husband loves me in those). I think waist length hair looks so sexy with hip hugger jeans and tops that show a couple inches of the waist.
Oh okay! I think waist length hair is sexy too! :yep:

I think folks are all using it in different ways..... some of us apply the cream straight from the tube to our scalp (ie, like "greasing your scalp"). Others are dissolving into spray bottles of their favorite oil (ie, mtg, olive oil, etc.) Some are mixing it with cayenne pepper and applying it that way...... I think you just have to find your niche, based on what works most effectively for you after some trial and error.

MonaRae said:
I finally found it!
Now, how do I use it?

MonaRae

It looks like people are beng more creative than me, but i just apply it to my scalp straight w/o adding anything.

I do like DSD's idea to mix the 4% MN with a little oil to smoothen it out though.

WHYYY do I read these threads. I am just gettin over my PJism! Fighting the urge to mix some MN with my MTG!!!!

I think I will try it with my emu oil. I read that emu oil has the ability to penetrate the scalp and it will carry any substance within it along for the ride.

While I was deciding to by the product I saw Monistat and was very tempted but resisted the erg. I just rather buy a product for “jock itch” :lachen:

Thanks Ladies!
MonaRae

MonaRae said:
I think I will try it with my emu oil. I read that emu oil has the ability to penetrate the scalp and it will carry any substance within it along for the ride.

While I was deciding to by the product I saw Monistat and was very tempted but resisted the erg. I just rather buy a product for “jock itch” :lachen:

Thanks Ladies!
MonaRae

I love emu oil! That sounds like a good mix.

HoneyDew said:
That's how I felt when I 1st used it. I thought I was going nuts because of the new growth I had gotten in such a short time.

i had just gotten a relaxer..so i just thought it was reverting my roots...but then i started to see length..and then it was love ant length sight lol :drunk:

KiniKakes said:
I think folks are all using it in different ways..... some of us apply the cream straight from the tube to our scalp (ie, like "greasing your scalp"). Others are dissolving into spray bottles of their favorite oil (ie, mtg, olive oil, etc.) Some are mixing it with cayenne pepper and applying it that way...... I think you just have to find your niche, based on what works most effectively for you after some trial and error.
Does it mix into oil well...say if I squeeze come in a bottle and add oil..would it mix well or would it be a little clumpy?

Faith said:
Does it mix into oil well...say if I squeeze come in a bottle and add oil..would it mix well or would it be a little clumpy?

It mixes well, but it separates quickly. You have to keep shaking it up as you go.

BSweet said:
i had just gotten a relaxer..so i just thought it was reverting my roots...but then i started to see length..and then it was love ant length sight lol :drunk:
bSweet,
How much growth did u get and how long were u using MN?

i don't measure..but i know its already more than i got after 3 months of stretching..and its been 3 weeks..but i have only been consistent for like 2.

i just measured and its like .5..and a lil more in other areas..hopefully that means 1'' in two more weeks.

I went into Wal Mart last night. The lady said they do not have Neosporin AF only the orignal and the one with pain? Where else can I go to find it?

Back