Miconazole Nitrate

naturallady said:
You may be right! There was a knock off for everything else but not the mico nitrate. I know I stayed over there for a good 15 min looking. If you find any let me know!

You can find the knock off MN at RiteAid.

ShimmieGirl said:
Hello Precious Ladies:

I'm new at posting; each of you have made my day as I read the forum each morning. Thank you so much for all of your time in posting and sharing so much information for hair care.

May I ask you a question regarding which formula of Monistat should be used? This week the 7-Day formula is on sale at Rite Aid Pharmacy.

Thank you for helping.

God bless all of you. I mean it with all of my heart.

I don't think it matters which formula (7 day, 3 day et..)--although I haven't tried the Monistat--just the Neo. *I am kinda eying the 4% though*

Good luck! & Welcome!:)

ShimmieGirl said:
Hello Precious Ladies:

I'm new at posting; each of you have made my day as I read the forum each morning. Thank you so much for all of your time in posting and sharing so much information for hair care.

May I ask you a question regarding which formula of Monistat should be used? This week the 7-Day formula is on sale at Rite Aid Pharmacy.

Thank you for helping.

God bless all of you. I mean it with all of my heart.

i think the 7 day has the same 2% Miconazole Nitrate, as Neosporin AF. The 3 day has 4%.

I really want to hear reviews of people that use different products.

I have used 2 different creams that contain Miconazole Nitrate - Diabet-x and Neosporin AF.

Well, I did try to use the little external cream that comes in the Monistat kit (was not used for hair growth). I have several of them that I never used so I tried that once. I did not like the texture and it seemed to dry my hair. The Diabet-x did not give me tingles like Neopsporin AF. Annoying as the tingles are, they are clues that something is going on, you know. I will stick with the Neosporin AF for now, and go to Lotrimin AF if they are out of stock.

I would love to hear about other reviews from those that have tried Monistat, store brand Miconazole Nitrate creams, etc.

Okay, I'm gonna lay off my MTG for a while and give this a 1 month trial. I just got a new set of cornrows, so my results should be easy to see. I bought Neo AF, mixed it with a little EVOO, and put it in a hair color applicator bottle. The pointy nozzle should help me get between my cornrows. I hope mixing it with oil doesn't dilute the potency too much. I tried applying it directly to my scalp with my fingers, but I just made a mess and got it all over my hair instead of my scalp.

dontspeakdefeat said:
Well, I have been using the 4% cream Walmart brand for a little over a week and my poor head will not stop itching!! We shall see:)
DSD, are you using the Monistate or the Neosporin Walmart brand?

OK i just got back from Walmart and I got the Walmart Monistat 2% mn cream. I'm about to wash my hair and apply it. We'll see what happens. I think I'll stop using my MTG mix while I'm using this.

naturallady said:
:lachen: Girl, can you imagine being the check out girl seeing somebody buying more than 1 of them thangs!!!! I know what I would be thinking!
Shoot that probably ain't the craziest thing they ever seen. I bet some other people can top that!!:lol:

dontspeakdefeat said:
Well, I have been using the 4% cream Walmart brand for a little over a week and my poor head will not stop itching!! We shall see:)

I was just about to post about that! I've only been using it for two days, but my head is itching like crazy. I've been scratching my head all day which I don't think is too cute.

naturallady said:
:lachen: Girl, can you imagine being the check out girl seeing somebody buying more than 1 of them thangs!!!! I know what I would be thinking!

HAHAHAHA it reminds me i went last month to my CVS on 116th street and ask the pharmacist for the miconazole nitrate 4% thinking he was gonna give me a concentrate bottle something that looks medicinal he tells me to go to the douche area :eek: and showed me to the monistat i felt funny i was looking at it and i felt like people were watching me:cool: so i placed it back i was too ashamed to purchase it :lachen: if i get around it i might order it online but nobody will know:grin: :lol: i spent the last month going in there contemplating them and if people look my direction i leave:( :grin: empty handed shhhhhhht it s a secret:cool: :D

:lol: :lachen: Hahahaaaha, I've been keeping up w/this post the last few days and thought today I would give one of the two a try btwn the MN and the Neosporin AF, well this guy kept watching me and hanging around in the aisle, and I didn't want noone to think I had jock itch, LOL. So I spinned around to the other side of the aisle and there was the Monistat/MN, I just kept looking at it like if I stared hard enough it would just leap into my bag and noone would ever know I purchased it, lol. I don't know why I cared what others thought about me buying the stuff, it was like I was in the spot light or something. I know one thing there both expensive but I would get my money worth from the monistat, for 9 bucks and only have to mix half w/a jar of 8oz. hair cream or to mix the whole tub w/16oz. it would last way longer than the neosporin. Now I have to work up the courage to get the nerve to use the stuff again, and then I'll try maybe at 7am when the doors to walmart first open, :lol: .
ekomba said:
HAHAHAHA it reminds me i went last month to my CVS on 116th street and ask the pharmacist for the miconazole nitrate 4% thinking he was gonna give me a concentrate bottle something that looks medicinal he tells me to go to the douche area :eek: and showed me to the monistat i felt funny i was looking at it and i felt like people were watching me:cool: so i placed it back i was too ashamed to purchase it :lachen: if i get around it i might order it online but nobody will know:grin: :lol: i spent the last month going in there contemplating them and if people look my direction i leave:( :grin: empty handed shhhhhhht it s a secret:cool: :D

BeautifulWideEyes said:
:lol: :lachen: Hahahaaaha, I've been keeping up w/this post the last few days and thought today I would give one of the two a try btwn the MN and the Neosporin AF, well this guy kept watching me and hanging around in the aisle, and I didn't want noone to think I had jock itch, LOL. So I spinned around to the other side of the aisle and there was the Monistat/MN, I just kept looking at it like if I stared hard enough it would just leap into my bag and noone would ever know I purchased it, lol. I don't know why I cared what others thought about me buying the stuff, it was like I was in the spot light or something. I know one thing there both expensive but I would get my money worth from the monistat, for 9 bucks and only have to mix half w/a jar of 8oz. hair cream or to mix the whole tub w/16oz. it would last way longer than the neosporin. Now I have to work up the courage to get the nerve to use the stuff again, and then I'll try maybe at 7am when the doors to walmart first open, :lol: .

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA:lachen: girl get out me too but i m like for a whole month i ve been fighting with it but each time i go with the firm intent to get it , i feel like the guy workers are watching me like i have some itch disease down there cause when u feel guilty (hum they might think its some malignant case, the way you staring them things hard)i dont know if you think you gonna steal something so u seems suspicious( i keep turning around to see whos watching and its always crowded by the register) i wish it would slide in my bag too!!!!!:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Last edited:
:lachen: :lachen: Ekomba and BeautifulWideEyes - you're crazy! :lachen: I do understand though.

Usually it's when we don't want anyone to see us :antlers: , or see us do something or buy something, that it seems like everyone and their mama is looking! Many times they really are watching! :lol:

It can be unnerving. Now I just smile at them and go on about my business.

Too funny. The same thing happened to me today. I couldn't remember the name of the product today in Wal-Mart. I just remembered something about AF. There was a cute guy in the health aid section and we made eye contact and smiled. After that, I just couldn't stand there eyeballing the vaginal cremes. I didn't want him thinking "This girl is seriously studying" and I knew it would take me a while because I couldn't remember what I was looking for.

I ended up buying Lotrimin AF, antifungal creme, in the foot care section. It's for athlete's foot and has 1% clotrimazole. Will this work or should I take it back.

carolina_belle said:
I ended up buying Lotrimin AF, antifungal creme, in the foot care section. It's for athlete's foot and has 1% clotrimazole. Will this work or should I take it back.

This will work fine, in fact it is what I use when I don't use monistat. Wal-Mart has it for about $1 per tube (off brand) in the foot care section. Antifungals are pretty much the same.

To the UK ladies. Purchase the Daktarin in the green and white tube. I got the 15g tube from the pharmacy in Superdrug for £3.89, today i went in to get some more and asked if they had a bigger tube. The 30g one was only £1.00 more expensive for double the amount of cream at £4.99 so I say to ask at the pharmacy for this one. They may not have it out on the shop floor. The Daktatin Gold doesn't have MN as the active ingredient, you just want the 30g tube of Daktarin.

I would've gottn the lotrimans Af if I'd known. I brought all the neoporin AFs in Eckards.:lol: The lady just rang up the stuff. I knew she was itchin to ask me why u buy us all out....:lachen:'m gonna start using MTG again too. The more help I get the better.:D

Well I said that I was going to keep this a HUGE secret that I was even THINKING about using this but it's out now because I just have to share this. I'm not sure if this is even big news but I just bought a 30gm tube for $2.80 at Osco Drug. I asked the pharmacist if she had a bigger tube of miconazole nitrate and she went and got it for me. She even said that I could buy them anytime I want but to call first to be sure she has them and if not she will order them for me. I haven't started yet but I'm glad I don't have to pay a lot for it if it doesn't work for me. I will keep you posted in pictures.

ETA: This is the 2% miconazole nitrate.

Phoenix said:
I've been scratching my head all day which I don't think is too cute.

I feel you. I do Desktop Support and I was at work sitting at this guys desk fixing his computer. He was sitting in the chair on the other side of his desk. I scratched my head a couple of times and then I looked up at him staring at me. I bet he was thinking about wiping his desk down with Lysol after that! I have to watch what I do.

Last edited:
BSweet said:
im spending like $7 a week on this neosporin AF...i go through 1a week...:look:

I bought some $1 off coupons from Ebay to help. I also bought 2 tubes from one ebay seller for $4.

oh, guys I meant to tell you,

Now my BF has been calling me "Fast Actin' Tinactin" because I have been putting Neosporin AF on my scalp. :p

I think Tinactin is for Athlete's foot too, but that is what he has been calling me.

HoneyDew said:
oh, guys I meant to tell you,

Now my BF has been calling me "Fast Actin' Tinactin" because I have been putting Neosporin AF on my scalp. :p

I think Tinactin is for Athlete's foot too, but that is what he has been calling me.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: THATS TOOO FUNNY.......I BET THE MANUFACTURER IS GONNA WONDER WHY THE SURGE IN NEOSPORIN AF SALES!!!!!!!!........HELL I SHOULD CONTACT THEM PEOPLE AND TELL 'EM..HEY,PLEASE START PRODUCING THIS CREAM IN A LARGER TUBE!!!!:lol: :lol:

Back