Miconazole Nitrate

scorpian said:
this question wasn't directed at me but for those who are wondering Capsaicin HP is the cayenne pepper cream it can be found at any drugstore I got more of a hot scalp with this(temporary heat for 15 min then goes away) than with the straight cayenne pepper I bought the Capsaicin Hp at Walmart they had it $6 cheaper than the other drugstores that I went to

Thank you! :) I bought Neosporin yesterday and mixed it with a equal part of cayenne pepper. I guess I'll try the cream next time.

I have a question for you ladies using the capzaicin cream, have you experienced any burning on your scalp?

I've used this before for muscle soreness after training and when I tell you my skin was on fire... :naughty: NOTHING put it out except for it wearing off. There is no way in the world I could tolerate that on my scalp. OHN!!

I don't use it anymore because it can burn so badly.

Be sure to keep us posted....ladies!

Last edited:
VWVixxen said:
I have a question for you ladies using the capzaicin cream, have you experienced any burning on your scalp?

I've used this before for muscle soreness after training and when I tell you my skin was on fire... :naughty: NOTHING put it out except for it wearing off. There is no way in the world I could tolerate that on my scalp. OHN!!

I don't use it anymore because it can burn so badly.

Be sure to keep us posted....ladies!

This mixture does get hot!!!the heat doesn't last long and then the scalp feels fine (this is just my experience with it)the original poster did say that you should use the capzaicin sparingly in this mix to see how your scalp will respond
I wear contact lenses and when I first used this mix my eyes were burning!!!!!!!(yes, I did wash hands thoroughly after use)Now I use the mix on my scalp avoiding my hairline(i use rosemary oil blend on hairline instead) now I don't have a problem with wearing my contacts.

LondonDiva said:
EMJazzy, What sort of growth rate are you seeing from all of these products?

From the beginning when I first started using MTG then added the other products (Feb 2006) til now I've gained about 2 inches in length. :D

Undefeated Queen said:
Where did you buy your cayenne pepper cream? Does it work better than regular cayenne pepper? TIA:)

I originally purchased the Capzasin HP (the cayenne pepper cream mentioned) from RiteAid for $13.99 :eek: but Walmart has it for $11.99....I never used the regular cayenne pepper so I don't know if there is a difference or not. I do remember reading that the actual cayenne pepper left pepper grains in some of the ladies hair....it is under the thread "cayenne pepper and evoo" or something like that.

VWVixxen said:
uote]

I put the equal parts mixture of capzaicin, antifungal, and hydrocortizone cream mixture on my scalp last night and there was some major tingiling with heat but not burning. It wore off after about 15 mins and that was the last of that until today during my workout I started sweating and it came back and lasted the duration of the workout (45 mins!). Threw me off a bit! :lol: but nothing I couldn't handle but everybody's scalp is different. I'd do a patch test first if I were you.

Last edited:
I just put it on. I unfortunately couldn't find Neosporin AF in creme form soooooo I purchased Walmart's monistat. I CAN'T believe that I'm doing this!!!:eek: Anyway, I just mixed the concoction in a small jar and applied it to my scalp. I'm sitting here and my scalp is definitely tingling and warm, however, it's not unbearable at all. Soooo, let the race begin. :cool:

Thanks Chocobunny and Scorpian for your responses. I'll keep pondering this one for a few days more.

I know HoneyDew is a no nonsense type person from her posts so for her to make a recommendation makes me give it a second thought.

VWVixxen said:
Thanks Chocobunny and Scorpian for your responses. I'll keep pondering this one for a few days more.

I know HoneyDew is a no nonsense type person from her posts so for her to make a recommendation makes me give it a second thought.

Gurrrrrrrrl....u know you want to...

G'head....G'head...:sekret: :sekret:
:lol:

MonaLisa said:
Gurrrrrrrrl....u know you want to...

G'head....G'head...:sekret: :sekret:
:lol:

***she bows her head sheepishly and looks at the floor...***

The Short Hobbit, she knows...she KNOWS!!! :lachen:

I'm down with the MN but not the Capzician :nono:...gurl...trust me...one good 'session' with that and you'd be singing the Jean Paul song too:lol: !

I just got a touch up Sat...should I wait a week before applying this to my scalp? I was using ORS temple balm and you're not supposed to use it one week prior or one week after a touch up. To be safe...I'll just let my scalp rest for a week.

VWVixxen said:
***she bows her head sheepishly and looks at the floor...***

The Short Hobbit, she knows...she KNOWS!!! :lachen:

I'm down with the MN but not the Capzician :nono:...gurl...trust me...one good 'session' with that and you'd be singing the Jean Paul song too:lol: !

Silly arse...:lol:

that's what I thought you meant...the MN...

hezzz nooooo with the Capistrano...:perplexed

This stuff is starting to sound like magic! Super growth from a topical treatment that's readily found everywhere and with no stink or mess? :scratchch You ladies have me thinking really hard about this, just when I was cementing my routine..:look:

Bees said:
I just got a touch up Sat...should I wait a week before applying this to my scalp? I was using ORS temple balm and you're not supposed to use it one week prior or one week after a touch up. To be safe...I'll just let my scalp rest for a week.

YOU SHOULD DEFINITELY WAIT BEFORE PUTTING THE CAPAZIN ON YOUR HAIR. OUCH CITY!!!!!!

Count me in! I think I may try the knock off Walmart version of Neosporin. They are basically the same just in a diff. package. I have heard that these knock off companies in Walmart are made by the name brand companies. I jsut need to figure out how to incorporate my MTG sulpher mix and this too.

naturallady said:
Count me in! I think I may try the knock off Walmart version of Neosporin. They are basically the same just in a diff. package. I have heard that these knock off companies in Walmart are made by the name brand companies. I jsut need to figure out how to incorporate my MTG sulpher mix and this too.
You are right. When I was painting my house, I found out that the Color Place paint that Walmart sells is Sherwyn (sp?) Williams paint. There are a lot of companies under the same umbrella with different names. Anyway back to the topic, I will be picking some up today and will alternate this and MTG.

Walgreens online was out of stock of the Miconazole Nitrate 4% for a few days (hmmm...I wonder why :sekret: ) but now I see it's in stock. So anyone planning on buying it might want to stock up. Here's the link
http://www.walgreens.com/store/prod...mp&navCount=2&skuid=sku1609129&id=prod1609140

They also have the capzasin-hp
http://www.walgreens.com/store/prod...n=jump&navCount=4&skuid=sku304567&id=prod4567

And the Hydrocortisone 1.5%
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100950&navAction=jump&navCount=5&id=prod395577

Anyone know if these products are safe to use while pregnant or nursing?

ChiChiKinks said:
Walgreens online was out of stock of the Miconazole Nitrate 4% for a few days (hmmm...I wonder why :sekret: ) but now I see it's in stock. So anyone planning on buying it might want to stock up. Here's the link
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100232&navAction=jump&navCount=2&skuid=sku1609129&id=prod1609140

They also have the capzasin-hp
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100071&navAction=jump&navCount=4&skuid=sku304567&id=prod4567

And the Hydrocortisone 1.5%
http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp?CATID=100950&navAction=jump&navCount=5&id=prod395577

Anyone know if these products are safe to use while pregnant or nursing?
Yeah, I'm thinking a lot more people have jumped on the bandwagon but are keeping it on the DL. Y'all can come out. No one's qualified to throw stones. :lachen:

has anyone used the 4% or Monistat, though?

I don't think I would like the texture of it myself but I would love to compare notes with someone that has tried it.

Someone has to have tried it, look at how many hits this thread has gotten!

Last week, I was in Walmart in the section where they have Neosporin AF. That aisle is one over from the aisle with feminine products.

There was a sista in there kind of slowly looking around but she seemed very unsure of what she wanted. She looked at ingredients on the boxes of Neosporin AF, Lotrimin AF and then went around to the other aisle and looked at the monistat and looked at those ingredients. I left the section before seeing what she chose, but I had to wonder.

HoneyDew said:

I don't think I would like the texture of it myself but I would love to compare notes with someone that has tried it.

Last week, I was in Walmart in the section where they have Neosporin AF. That aisle is one over from the aisle with feminine products.

There was a sista in there kind of slowly looking around but she seemed very unsure of what she wanted. She looked at ingredients on the boxes of Neosporin AF, Lotrimin AF and then went around to the other aisle and looked at the monistat and looked at those ingredients. I left the section before seeing what she chose, but I had to wonder.
I wonder if she was from here... I saw a sista with her wet hair bunned and I wondered if she was part of a challenge. :perplexed

HoneyDew said:

I have used both and I have had growth with each.

Photo update. I posted this on the miconazole nitrate updates thread, but thought I share here too.

MN_length_compcopy1-vi.jpg

It's actually a little over 3/8inch so I've been measuring in centimeters.

Hello Precious Ladies:

I'm new at posting; each of you have made my day as I read the forum each morning. Thank you so much for all of your time in posting and sharing so much information for hair care.

May I ask you a question regarding which formula of Monistat should be used? This week the 7-Day formula is on sale at Rite Aid Pharmacy.

Thank you for helping.

God bless all of you. I mean it with all of my heart.

queeny20 said:
You are right. When I was painting my house, I found out that the Color Place paint that Walmart sells is Sherwyn (sp?) Williams paint. There are a lot of companies under the same umbrella with different names. Anyway back to the topic, I will be picking some up today and will alternate this and MTG.
I went to Walmart today and I could not find the knock off of the Neosporin! :eek: I was gonna get the Neo but the bottle was so small and I knew it wouldnt last long enough to get results so I didnt buy it. Maybe they'll have generic at another Walmart ( I hope).

HoneyDew said:

If you had of said Sav-Ons I would have known you were talking about me! :lol: :sekret:

naturallady said:
I went to Walmart today and I could not find the knock off of the Neosporin! :eek: I was gonna get the Neo but the bottle was so small and I knew it wouldnt last long enough to get results so I didnt buy it. Maybe they'll have generic at another Walmart ( I hope).
Girl someone from the board scooped all of them up, lol. Let me know if you find it. I am off to mine tomorrow and will send you a tube if you like. Q

You may be right! There was a knock off for everything else but not the mico nitrate. I know I stayed over there for a good 15 min looking. If you find any let me know!

Back