Miconazole Nitrate

nomoweavesfome said:
don't u hate it when u don't get a resp? lol

I'm not sure because I called myself mixing ad it didn't work for me. Your mix sounds relatively mild. But I'm not sure I have since switched to neosporin af 2% by itself ONLY and that works a whole lot better for me.

Yes I do hate it... lol Makes you feel like folks are ignoring you:whyme:??? lol
All that to say thanks for your reply Nomo and Dst! :clapping:

I have sensitive skin, so I thought the mix would be good. Well it appears all that oil I put in is too much. :perplexed (Sidebar - Because I have sensitive skin, I am going to be focusing more on the tea tree oil next time I do a mix to ensure my scalp is not too itchy; tea tree oil in case anyone doesn't know helps with soothing itchees ;) - Sidebar over) All that oil sat on top of the mixture when it sat for more than a couple minutes. So I drained my mix. My hair was looking real greasy anyway, like 80's jerri curl greasy, so it's good the exta is gone. :p

Going forward I am going to just add a small amount of carrot/coco oil and the tea tree oil. So far I am applying the mix every other day. I get the itchees so hopefully this means its working. We shall see how it goes... :look:

I will give updates soon...:cool:

BlackDiamond21 said:
Hi Honeydew! I am excited to try this!!!

I took 2 tubes of of the 4% from Monistat, what I had in my closet, and mixed it with:
40 drops of tea tree oil
2 tablespoons of carrot oil (from orgainic root stimulator)
1 tablespoon of 100& unrefined shea butter
2 tabelspoon coco oil

1. Do you think that mix was ok and it is not dilited too much? :confused:

2. Normally I "grease" my scalp with S&B Botanicals 3 in 1 after my weekly wash however I am not sure if I should still do this and apply the mix or rely on the monistat mix only? :confused:

3. And how often do I apply the monistat mix??? :confused:

Thanks!!!

Sorry. I don't login all the time so sometimes I get out of the loop.

Anyway, your mixture looks good. This thread has gotten so many responses but I know that many ladies made similar mixes.

I don't use monistat and most of the other products that contain 'azole ingredients were too dry for my newgrowth so Istopped usign them. Your mixture looks like it would stop that problem though. If I do use an 'azole cream at all, I only use the cream by derma doctor because it is moisturizing like a lotion or cream hair moisturizer. I just use that one straight and I don;t apply anything else to my scalp. I use kemi oil on my HAIR a few times a week so I am sure some of that sinks down to my scalp at times.

I'm truly amazed by you ladies on this site. I had received a relaxer on 8/12 and since then, my crown has been itching and shedding a lot:eek: I've tried moisturizing and reconstructors and a lot of hair was still coming out. I was starting to get scared:( and thought that I was about to have a huge thinning or bald spot on my crown.

I've tried so many things that I knew of already, things that I've learned from cosmetology school and things from this board and nothing has helped. I went out this weekend to look for the neosporin AF to no avail. :( :mad:

I remembered that I had a antifungal prescription in the house and decided to give it a try since some of you ladies were using an antifungal. I shampooed, applied a reconstructor then rollerset my hair yesterday. My hair was still coming out tremendously. After I was done, I applied the cream and then wrapped my hair. I still saw some hairs in the comb this morning but I remained calm. I just came from combing my hair with my wide tooth comb (which I always use) and to my surprise, there were only 3 hairs in my comb:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D . I am so happy,:grin: :p after all this time, this excessive shedding just might have finally ceased.

Oh yeah, the name of the creme is Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP.

luvlonghair said:
I'm truly amazed by you ladies on this site. I had received a relaxer on 8/12 and since then, my crown has been itching and shedding a lot:eek: I've tried moisturizing and reconstructors and a lot of hair was still coming out. I was starting to get scared:( and thought that I was about to have a huge thinning or bald spot on my crown.

I've tried so many things that I knew of already, things that I've learned from cosmetology school and things from this board and nothing has helped. I went out this weekend to look for the neosporin AF to no avail. :( :mad:

I remembered that I had a antifungal prescription in the house and decided to give it a try since some of you ladies were using an antifungal. I shampooed, applied a reconstructor then rollerset my hair yesterday. My hair was still coming out tremendously. After I was done, I applied the cream and then wrapped my hair. I still saw some hairs in the comb this morning but I remained calm. I just came from combing my hair with my wide tooth comb (which I always use) and to my surprise, there were only 3 hairs in my comb:eek: :eek: :eek: :D :D :D . I am so happy,:grin: :p after all this time, this excessive shedding just might have finally ceased.

Oh yeah, the name of the creme is Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide Cream USP.

Im so happy to hear this, what an awesome testimonial. So it looks like the bottom line is that antifungal agents are what lead to increased hair growth: Miconazale Nitrate, MTG, and now this Nystatin & Triamcinolone Acetonide (what a mouthful!) Thats great information to know!

KiniKakes said:
Im so happy to hear this, what an awesome testimonial. So it looks like the bottom line is that antifungal agents are what lead to increased hair growth: Miconazale Nitrate, MTG, and now this Nystatin & Triamcinolone Acetonide (what a mouthful!) Thats great information to know!

Yep, I'm so happy. I was starting to get worried:perplexed :look: . I don't care if it doesn't do anything for hair growth, at least my hair isn't shedding as bad as it was:grin:

Yes, the name is a mouthful, all I know is that it worked:D

missnappylady said:
"bumping" Anyone still doing this??

Yup !!! Just started two days ago :) . I'm mixing the Monistat7 with my WGO or with my "Dudley's Hair & Scalp Conditionner" (I alternate). I think I'll also add some coconut oil in this.

My hair itches a bit but really not alot for now.

Can't wait to feel the new growth !!!!!! :p :p :p

By the way, isin't Miconazole Nitrate an antibotic? If it's the case, the scalp might get used to it eventually and it might not give any effect afterwards... I'll do my research but does someone know about that? I know some antifungals are antibiotics....

paradiseblossom said:
Yup !!! Just started two days ago... :):p :p :p
Me too!! It took me so long to find it. We don't have neosporin products here (B.C). Do they sell it in Quebec or did you have to order online too?

dstdiva said:
i used it after my last perm and almost didn't make it past the 5 week mark. the amount of new growth was amazing. i couldn't keep my fingers out of my hair ( i love the way my new growth feels...i just can't work with it). i can usually go 6-8 weeks between perms, but not this time.

Diva, I am definitely a mn girl. i have my fingers in my hair as i type (one hand that is)

it itches, but i am ok with it. I know its growing.

i feel like i am trying to sell something every time I tell you all my hair is growing. Oh well, if something makes you happy, you should tell the world right.

Growing up, I was always told that, "If your hair dont look good, U wont look good.":grin:

I am using this now.

You can see my pix @ bottom.

The 2nd pic is kinda dark, but I have had growth from 2% MN/veg.glyc 3wks on-2wks off.

Plus the vg has my hair a bit glossier than usual (I like it).

This is a staple for me now. I have had to relax a bit more than usual bcuz of new growth.

M J said:
I am using this now.

You can see my pix @ bottom.

The 2nd pic is kinda dark, but I have had growth from 2% MN/veg.glyc 3wks on-2wks off.

Plus the vg has my hair a bit glossier than usual (I like it).

This is a staple for me now. I have had to relax a bit more than usual bcuz of new growth.

You can definitely see the progress!! :up:
I haven't flat-ironed my hair to see my progress yet. I'm still using the mixture....plan on checking on my one year LHCF anniversary (Feb 2007)

missnappylady said:
Me too!! It took me so long to find it. We don't have neosporin products here (B.C). Do they sell it in Quebec or did you have to order online too?

We don't have Neosporin in Quebec either, would need a prescription. I used Monistat and then I ordered Feet Accompli online. It's a great product!

Update: I got 2 inch growth in 1.5 month !!! I'm speechless! It also got me rid of my dandruff. I currenty have braids because I wanted to strech my relaxer more so I don't know if I have less shedding though.

:D :D :D :D :D :D

paradiseblossom said:

We don't have Neosporin in Quebec either, would need a prescription. I used Monistat and then I ordered Feet Accompli online. It's a great product!
Hi Paradiseblossom, which website did you order your feet accompli? Also, is it expensive to ship to Canada? Thnx

missnappylady said:
Hi Paradiseblossom, which website did you order your feet accompli? Also, is it expensive to ship to Canada? Thnx

I ordered it from the DermaDoctor website:
http://www.dermadoctor.com/pages/Conditiondetail37.asp?WID=%7B04D2EDA6%2DD35D%2D4774%2D8FA4%2D044E1181A2AD%7D

I think the shipping was 6.95$ but I had to pay custum for like 12$ so it came up more expensive than the Monistat. But it was very good because I didn't need to mix it with anything because it was moisturising and it absorbed better. I don't intend to use Miconazole Nitrate for a while though because it's a drug and I don't want to abuse it. But it gave me good growth.

I hate when I catch this thread near the top of the new threads because then I get all hyped again. I'm back on the MN/cort/Cap w/ a lil MTG tip.:D

I took sometime off...well, because I am lazy and between the henna and the protein and deep conditioning, I was tired but, I'm back.

Now I have an album too! (one picture so far but, I'm working on that) so I can compare. I'm kind of excited about this, I'll have to compare in a month right after Christmas.:grin:

grnidmonster said:
I hate when I catch this thread near the top of the new threads because then I get all hyped again. I'm back on the MN/cort/Cap w/ a lil MTG tip.:D

I took sometime off...well, because I am lazy and between the henna and the protein and deep conditioning, I was tired but, I'm back.

Now I have an album too! (one picture so far but, I'm working on that) so I can compare. I'm kind of excited about this, I'll have to compare in a month right after Christmas.:grin:

May I ask why you use cortizone? I read that others used it but I didn't understand why... Is it to prevent itching or does it make hair grow? And what about the Capzasin? What will the cayenne pepper do for the hair?

The combination is supposed to help your hair grow faster (does for me anyway). I'm not sure what the cort. does but the cap. is supposed to stimulate the scalp, increase the blood flow.

All I know for sure is that when I initally began using MN I used it alone and got pretty good growth. I'm natural so I had to track my growth by henna on my grey hair. I was getting between .5 to .75 inch per month, not quite an inch. with the combination, an inch minimum.

There is a post near the beginning of this thread where a member describes the combination and the fact that she has been using it well over a year. Just a couple pages back from this one the same topic was discussed and the name of the member is given. HTH

SpecialC said:
A friend in my mothers computer class told her that the reason for all of her new growth was because of something she added to her african pride hair product. My mother ask what was it and she said monistat....... Her friends beautian told her to do this and it worked for her balb spot. I looked it up online and the ingredient is also used for a number of other things. My mother has been using this since Oct 15th and has about 3 inches of new growth.... but my mother mixed hers with DOO GRO.

Please respond and tell me what you think.

I truely hope this help. I went out on my lunch break to get some also. My sister works for a Dr. ... she said that M N is also found in Finasteride a product that is used for men who are going bald. I am not balded but it is working for two people that I know of. I mentioned it to a close friend and she said a co worker of hers uses it also and her hair is long ............ made me say hmmmmmmm. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Constance

This is good to know. I bought Neosporin AF and I plan to mix it with something to make it last longer! Knowing I can mix it with oil is good! Thanks!!!:) :)

SpecialC said:
A friend in my mothers computer class told her that the reason for all of her new growth was because of something she added to her african pride hair product. My mother ask what was it and she said monistat....... Her friends beautian told her to do this and it worked for her balb spot. I looked it up online and the ingredient is also used for a number of other things. My mother has been using this since Oct 15th and has about 3 inches of new growth.... but my mother mixed hers with DOO GRO.

Please respond and tell me what you think.

I truely hope this help. I went out on my lunch break to get some also. My sister works for a Dr. ... she said that M N is also found in Finasteride a product that is used for men who are going bald. I am not balded but it is working for two people that I know of. I mentioned it to a close friend and she said a co worker of hers uses it also and her hair is long ............ made me say hmmmmmmm. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Constance

I am laughing at this b/c when Special C first posted 4 years ago, everyone thought she was a little crazy. But boy, hasn't the MN bandwagon picked up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As they say, "the secret's in the sauce"

cocoberry10 said:
I am laughing at this b/c when Special C first posted 4 years ago, everyone thought she was a little crazy. But boy, hasn't the MN bandwagon picked up! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

As they say, "the secret's in the sauce"

I remember...I was lurker then :yep: People calling her crazy and proclaiming that they would NEVER put c**chie cream on their scalp :lachen: I wonder if she is still a member and sees just how much people have changed their tune.

May I ask why you use cortizone? I read that others used it but I didn't understand why... Is it to prevent itching or does it make hair grow? And what about the Capzasin?

What will the cayenne pepper do for the hair?
Cayenne Pepper is excellent for stimulating the scalp and it does promote hair growth. I should know, that along with Castol Oil are my miracle products... :yep:

Just make a paste, and run it in; rinse out with conditioner.

BTW: You can't go wrong with the MN in your regime. It's excellent for hair growth. I use Neosporin AF and Monistat 2%. I apply with Castor Oil a few times a week to my scalf as I would a leave-in conditioner.

I just purchased yesterday the combination package of Monistat with the pre-filled tubes and the tube of external cream; both contain 2% Miconzole Nitrate. It was a good purchase. I just wish the Neosporian AF came in a larger tube. ;). But both products are good.

Last edited:
Back