Miconazole Nitrate

Wow, this is the old, old thread that came up when I searched for hair growth tips and led me to dear ole LHCF!! :yep:

Bumpin' this thang up because on all these hair boards, errbody sayin' this ish works. Now, get in hurr ladies, and talk to us about this stuff. :yep:

Why, oh why, did I just search this thread???

Bumping....my PJism flared up once today already (the Silk Amino acids in the mascara thread) so I need another "fix"!

Oh Lawd! :)

That’s right! We’re just going to keep bumping this bad boy right on up:lol:. I’m considering mixing it with MTG/sulfur. Where can I buy regular sulfur? At Walgreen’s? CVS? Rite Aid? Duane Reade? Somebody let me know!

I still use it and Im getting great growth that I can actually see because I am in braids. I mix sulfur powder in my mix that I got from the Walmart near me. I just went to the pharmacy and asked for it but they didnt have it so they ordered it for me. It was about $4 for 4oz so it was pretty cheap. This is definitely a staple of mine :grin:

I actually have a small tube of Monistat laying around. I think I'm going to do a patch test for about 2 to 3 weeks. I'll try it on the area that is shorter and more damaged and see if I get any results. I'll report back :drunk:

That’s right! We’re just going to keep bumping this bad boy right on up:lol:. I’m considering mixing it with MTG/sulfur. Where can I buy regular sulfur? At Walgreen’s? CVS? Rite Aid? Duane Reade? Somebody let me know!

EEEWWWWWWWW! :barf: Why would you want to do that? MTG stank bad enough without adding even more sulfur to the funk! ;)

:This was Serenity's excuse for bumping this thang up::sekret:

I just bought me 5 tubes of the stuff. I did a mix with mizani rose h20 and a mix with ORS olive oil with rosemary oil. Im thinking about adding sulfer to one of the mixes. I have been using it on my edges specially on the right side that was thinned out due to my last set of braids and its growing back.

Ladies, this ish works!!!!!! I added monistat (CVS brand 4%) and Gynodaktarin (2%) to my MTG mix and I my weave is quite loose for 2 weeks , my hair's coloured so I can SEE the growth!!

:yep: Works for me and my sis. Forgot about adding the cortisone, just did to my MTG so wil see...
Cortisone?? I have some from my derm and I just started using it on my edges and I swear they are growing in over night. Now I know how that works, it thins the skin so the follicles don't have to work so hard to get the hair out of your scalp. Inflamation and scaring of the follicles is often a result of traction alopeica.

So snap I could use the MN with it too ?? and my Sulfur mix. I am telling you ladies, my hair is growing fast! This is great information!

Last edited:
I wanted to jump on the mn bandwagon, has anyone ever used Rite Aid - Antifungal Cream on the box it says 2% Miconazole Nitrate

But i just read after I purchased its not effective on the scalp

What brand of MN is everyone using?

I wanted to jump on the mn bandwagon, has anyone ever used Rite Aid - Antifungal Cream on the box it says 2% Miconazole Nitrate

But i just read after I purchased its not effective on the scalp

What brand of MN is everyone using?

Don't believe that. If it is 2% MN it should help

Added M N2% and EVOO mix to my reggi today! I'm using Claudies'GSE a sulphur mix and have great growth results but I want to see what kind of results I will get with the combo! :look:

What's this? Gynodaktarin (2%)

I'm curious too...:yep: And thanks ;).

What is that?

It's a generic brand thrush cream sold in Nigeria. (Made in Germany?). The only thing with MN in the UK that I've found is Daktarin athletes foot cream (also 2%) and it gave me headaches and I didn't really see much growth, I got the Gynodaktarin cream when in Nigeria and it was a more dramatic growth especially on my sister's edges which had been burned by some Dr. Miracle oil.:yep:

Could this very well be one of the longest threads ever?:lachen:
I wanted to do some MN research but this is a whole lot of reading to do.:spinning:

I just joined LHCF and read this thread, all 70+ pages. I was so convinced about the Miconazole Nitrate that I ran out and purchase the Target brand Friday night. I also bought two tubes of the Neosporin AF. Im hoping this gives me the boost that I need. I'll post my progress two weeks from today.....

Wish me luck!

Added M N2% and EVOO mix to my reggi today! I'm using Claudies'GSE a sulphur mix and have great growth results but I want to see what kind of results I will get with the combo! :look:
What's this sulphur mix, I haven't heard of this one :yep:

alrighty....after researching this thread and doing a Google. I bought some MN from target! I bought the pack that also has the smaller tube (extra) inside so that I can start with that one first. I put the entire contents of the small tube inside of my current growth mix which is Evoo, MTG, Peppermint Oil, Rosemary Oil, BT, and Sulpher 8 :spinning: (I KNOW I KNOW, my applicator bottle is fully loaded! LOL) This week will be my trial week to see if I'll get any side effects if not, I will add the contents of the bigger tube next week!

...Off to experiment! :superman:

(This link below is what I found on the net.)
http://www.womanhairgrowth.com/miconazole-nitrate-hair-growth.htm

It's a generic brand thrush cream sold in Nigeria. (Made in Germany?). The only thing with MN in the UK that I've found is Daktarin athletes foot cream (also 2%) and it gave me headaches and I didn't really see much growth, I got the Gynodaktarin cream when in Nigeria and it was a more dramatic growth especially on my sister's edges which had been burned by some Dr. Miracle oil.:yep:

Thanks Hot Hair!! :kiss: Where can we purchase this Gynodaktarin? Are there any side effects that we should know about? Or indications? I don't want to be using too much on my scalp and hair, even though I will start CW washes every 2 days from here on out for my stretch. :yep:

I just joined LHCF and read this thread, all 70+ pages. I was so convinced about the Miconazole Nitrate that I ran out and purchase the Target brand Friday night. I also bought two tubes of the Neosporin AF. Im hoping this gives me the boost that I need. I'll post my progress two weeks from today.....

Wish me luck!

Welcome :wave: and good luck!! Please do keep us posted on your progress! :clapping:

So, if you're experimenting with MN, is the general consensus that you should give it about 2 to 3 weeks before trying to determine whether or not you're really getting results with it?

I remember a few postings saying they couldn't really see any progress until after 2 weeks.

So, if you're experimenting with MN, is the general consensus that you should give it about 2 to 3 weeks before trying to determine whether or not you're really getting results with it?

I remember a few postings saying they couldn't really see any progress until after 2 weeks.

I would say so! Good luck with it!

Back