Miconazole Nitrate

I have been reading this thread for sometime actually I have been reading since the first thread started about the lady mother who uses it in her head for her balding spot. I went out and bought the Neosporin F for jock itch you should have seen the lady face when she wrung it up. I bought 2 from Walgreens for 7.99. I was desperate so I went to Walgreens and put the creme in my hair today. It does melt rather nicely. I will use this and take my vits and nothing else too see what happens. Are we crazy or what. My bf saw the creme and said what's up your coo coo itchs. I told him I was putting it in my hair and he said you do anything they tell you to do on that site. He also said that S#$% ga fall out.....he's funny....

tsmith said:
I have been reading this thread for sometime actually I have been reading since the first thread started about the lady mother who uses it in her head for her balding spot. I went out and bought the Neosporin F for jock itch you should have seen the lady face when she wrung it up. I bought 2 from Walgreens for 7.99. I was desperate so I went to Walgreens and put the creme in my hair today. It does melt rather nicely. I will use this and take my vits and nothing else too see what happens. Are we crazy or what. My bf saw the creme and said what's up your coo coo itchs. I told him I was putting it in my hair and he said you do anything they tell you to do on that site. He also said that S#$% ga fall out.....he's funny....

It's not that crazy. actually. Just research how anti-fungals help hair growth. Reasearch products like Nizoral, which are just marketed differently. Research DHT blockers and their use in hair growth/loss.

aqualung said:
Lotrimin AF ($9/30g) is much easier to find than Neosporin AF ($8/14g or 19g) in my area.
But I'm afraid that 1% clotrimazole in the Lotrimin is less potent than 2% MN in the Neosporin.
I don't want to waste this summer time of growth.

Yeah, it looks like some stores just don't carry Neosporin AF.

HoneyDew said:
Yeah, it looks like some stores just don't carry Neosporin AF.

Hi Honeydew: What was the name of MN cream that you used on one of your friends. You purchased it online at Walgreens.com. It was a larger tube and it had a pleasant smell. I forgot your post location for this. How is it doing so far? Is it proving to be just a good as Neo AF or better?

Thanks angel....Have a good day.

"Shimmie..." :)

ShimmieGirl said:
Hi Honeydew: What was the name of MN cream that you used on one of your friends. You purchased it online at Walgreens.com. It was a larger tube and it had a pleasant smell. I forgot your post location for this. How is it doing so far? Is it proving to be just a good as Neo AF or better?

Thanks angel....Have a good day.

"Shimmie..." :)

It is called Remedy Antifingal. She says that she finished the tube and got good growth from it. I have not seen her, but she told me that she needed a touchup after 3 weeks.

She did say that it made her scalp itch, which she did not like. She is now using NeoAf and it is not making her scalp itch like it was with the other one.

She said that the Remedy was more moisturizing for her new growth and that the NeopsporinAF seemed to be more drying. Because of this, she is applying WGO oil on her scalp on top on the NeoAF application.

ROTFLMBO, :lachen: now that was too funny. I make sure I purchase mine at Wal-mart Self-check out line, :lol: , that way I don't have to worry about them wondering if I have some type of issue purchasing MN on the regular, lol.
tsmith said:
I have been reading this thread for sometime actually I have been reading since the first thread started about the lady mother who uses it in her head for her balding spot. I went out and bought the Neosporin F for jock itch you should have seen the lady face when she wrung it up. I bought 2 from Walgreens for 7.99. I was desperate so I went to Walgreens and put the creme in my hair today. It does melt rather nicely. I will use this and take my vits and nothing else too see what happens. Are we crazy or what. My bf saw the creme and said what's up your coo coo itchs. I told him I was putting it in my hair and he said you do anything they tell you to do on that site. He also said that S#$% ga fall out.....he's funny....[/quote]

Last edited:
I just told my mom about this thread and we both are in. Were going 4 the gusto @ 4%. So I will update often. we're going to mix it with coconut oil to make it stretch. Monistat is expensive! So pray for us! We'll either both be bald or have alooooot of new growth... (Im hoping for the latter)... btw i love this thread! Anything I need to know before using 4% MN ?:confused:

jancan7 said:
Asha, thanks for the coupon--I just notice Neosporin AF also comes in a green box for ringworm and jock itch I wonder which one I should buy?

Either one works, really. They have the exact same ingredients.

Who has been using this for a while now and has seen great results? Please post for us. I don't think I'll jump on this bandwagon just yet, but I'm interested to see how it has worked for you ladies! Thanks.

cocoberry10 said:
Who has been using this for a while now and has seen great results? Please post for us. I don't think I'll jump on this bandwagon just yet, but I'm interested to see how it has worked for you ladies! Thanks.

There is a thread called MN results where people have posted their experience with it.

I have started to use this in my ESTNL oil Nightly cream and I have found my hair to look dry in th emorning I have to use a oil sheen to remove the dullness , what have you all been doing to not make this happen:mad:

nyreebnks said:
I have started to use this in my ESTNL oil Nightly cream and I have found my hair to look dry in th emorning I have to use a oil sheen to remove the dullness , what have you all been doing to not make this happen:mad:

I think it is better to mix it with something moisturizing like a leave-in.

cocoberry10 said:

I started about two months ago (mid-April). I'm very close to 2 inches of new hair growth. I cut my hair back in March when I started using Neo AF, my length was at the top of my neck, now it's just below my neck approaching my shoulders.

I mix the product in a small plastic pill container with castor and olive and emu oils. It works; it really works. And I don't even use it everyday. Some nights I just too tired after class. And yet it still works.

Once I get a new camera, I'll be able to post pictures for you to see. Several of 'my girls' -- my daughter, my dance mentor/best friend, my cousins -- have been visiting this forum since February and we are all seeing wonderful results with our hair.

I love the precious ladies here at LHCF! God bless you and I mean this with all of my heart.

Love,

"Shimmie..." ;)

I just started back. I only do MN when braided. I'm trying to get 1 inch this month. Wish me luck!

sareca said:
I just started back. I only do MN when braided. I'm trying to get 1 inch this month. Wish me luck!

:lol: Seems we travel in the same thought cirlces on a lot of things! I just started back using my MN (w/La India Creme) on Sunday. I cornrowed my hair and am wearing a wig (My first ever).

I've got about 30 days before I retouch, I hope to have at least 3/4" by then.

Cooyah said:
OT: VIXEN, you're one sexy wench!!!

G-r-r-r-r-r baby!!! :lol: Thank ya ma'am...

I'm hopin' when my BF get's back in 39 days that he'll think so too, have I got plans for him!! :angeldevi

Back