Miconazole Nitrate

VWVixxen said:
:lol: Seems we travel in the same thought cirlces on a lot of things! I just started back using my MN (w/La India Creme) on Sunday. I cornrowed my hair and am wearing a wig (My first ever).

I've got about 30 days before I retouch, I hope to have at least 3/4" by then.

Great minds... :yep:

Last edited:
REConsul said:
I just received my six tubes. The Amazon shipping dept. must wonder what kind of fungus I have to need so much. :eek:

:lol: I hear you, everytime I go to a store that doesn't have self checkout, I get the :eye: :lachen:

Okay.........I don't know where I have been, but, I am just reading this for the first time. Seriously, Monistat and Neosporin on your scalp for hair growth. How? Is this even safe? ..........Learning something new everyday.

I just used the AF and I love the texture of it much better than the Monistat. It melts in much better. Hopefully I will get great results.

VWVixxen said:
:lol: I hear you, everytime I go to a store that doesn't have self checkout, I get the :eye: :lachen:

Isn't that hysterical? I emptied the tubes so that my SO won't think I have mad cow disease. :lachen:

Ar010 said:
Okay.........I don't know where I have been, but, I am just reading this for the first time. Seriously, Monistat and Neosporin on your scalp for hair growth. How? Is this even safe? ..........Learning something new everyday.

There are actually hair care products (or at least one) that have MN as an active ingredient. There was a thread about it. I felt a lot better once I saw that.

ETA: Here's the link to the thread I mentioned. http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=88804&highlight=products+miconazole+nitrate

Last edited:
I have noticed that some are adding "Cortezone Cream" to their mixes. What kind of research haive you done on this cc and it's relation to hair growth etc. and safety. Is it a steroid?bonjour

I don't know about the extra ingrets, but I love love , love the MN RESULTS I know that my hair is growing like crazy just with the MN. I do add wild growth oil and Doo Gro oil with my MN it make the MN alot smoother to be apply. :thumbsup:

I just started my MN test this week...i mixed it with BB super gro grease and castor oil...i cant wait to see my results from this experiment..

ya'll ain't tell me that the cortizone+capzacin+MN was gonna burn like it does. I was running like Malcolm X when the water got turned off and that perm was burning. Luckily I didn't have to stick my head in the toilet. I reached very quickly for some oil and that calmed it down immediately. Needless to say, I added oil to that mix!

That's what my arse gets for always trying something ya'll write on these hairboards. LOL

DelightfulFlame said:
ya'll ain't tell me that the cortizone+capzacin+MN was gonna burn like it does. I was running like Malcolm X when the water got turned off and that perm was burning. Luckily I didn't have to stick my head in the toilet. I reached very quickly for some oil and that calmed it down immediately. Needless to say, I added oil to that mix!

That's what my arse gets for always trying something ya'll write on these hairboards. LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Brother Malcolm washed that Conk out of his head with the quickness. That scene was so hilarious.

DelightfulFlame said:

:lol:You didn't read back far enough!! I did so warn about that capscacin!! :yep: that can get HOT!

VWVixxen said:
:lol:You didn't read back far enough!! I did so warn about that capscacin!! :yep: that can get HOT!

LOL...I got sleepy reading all those pages. I sure woke up with that stuff in my head though.

Sign of a true PJ: After all that...add some oil to the mix and still slap it on your head and keep it moving...

DelightfulFlame said:
LOL...I got sleepy reading all those pages. I sure woke up with that stuff in my head though.

Sign of a true PJ: After all that...add some oil to the mix and still slap it on your head and keep it moving...

LOL! :lachen:

I just purchased CVS Maximum Strength Antifungal cream as I did not see the cvs MN brand, It is a 2oz tube for 4.99. I also purchased Castor oil. I am going to add sage, rosemary, lavendar, and peppermint eo to it in a 40 WGO bottle, I may throw some olive oil in too.

I'm taking about two of weeks from using my mixture. I'm scheduled to resume the weeknd of the August 14th.

Since I have not combed my hair in a good month, I haven't been using it. But when I have time to rollerset (instead of wearing these wash and gos), I will start back.

well............ I tried the Monistat 4% with the injectible insert thingies. Squeezed all out and mixed with cayenne pepper an temple balm from ors. I thought Iwas pretty hot with my mix. That thang gave me the worst headache - I felt like my muscles got hit by a tranquilizer! I felt like my eyes were going to cross and stay that way. Needless to say all I could do is sleep it off. The first week nothing happened, the second week I felt it. So I stopped. Maybe I should try the Neosporin AF like ya'll said.

Anyone else experienced a difference between MONISTAT and NOSPORIN?

nomoweavesfome said:
well............ I tried the Monistat 4% with the injectible insert thingies. Squeezed all out and mixed with cayenne pepper an temple balm from ors. I thought Iwas pretty hot with my mix. That thang gave me the worst headache - I felt like my muscles got hit by a tranquilizer! I felt like my eyes were going to cross and stay that way. Needless to say all I could do is sleep it off. The first week nothing happened, the second week I felt it. So I stopped. Maybe I should try the Neosporin AF like ya'll said.

Anyone else experienced a difference between MONISTAT and NOSPORIN?

Maybe you should not mix it with the other ingredients. That may have just been overkill.

You should try Feet Accompli by derma doctor. The price tag is higher for the tube, but when you do the math it is cheaper per ounce. It is like putting lotion/moisturizer on. :love:

i used it after my last perm and almost didn't make it past the 5 week mark. the amount of new growth was amazing. i couldn't keep my fingers out of my hair ( i love the way my new growth feels...i just can't work with it). i can usually go 6-8 weeks between perms, but not this time.

HoneyDew said:
Maybe you should not mix it with the other ingredients. That may have just been overkill.

You should try Feet Accompli by derma doctor. The price tag is higher for the tube, but when you do the math it is cheaper per ounce. It is like putting lotion/moisturizer on. :love:

Hmm... HoneyDew, where'd you find the Feet Accompli?

bmoreflyygirl said:
Hmm... HoneyDew, where'd you find the Feet Accompli?

I just order it online. Also Nordstrom sells DermaDoctor products.

I first tried it because I had gotten 2 samples of it.

I have never tried emailing DermaDoctor for samples, but it is an idea - worth a try, at least.

HoneyDew said:
I just order it online. Also Nordstrom sells DermaDoctor products.

I first tried it because I had gotten 2 samples of it.

I have never tried emailing DermaDoctor for samples, but it is an idea - worth a try, at least.

Okay, thanks. I'll check it out the Nordstrom in Columbia this weekend.

Hi Honeydew! I am excited to try this!!!

I took 2 tubes of of the 4% from Monistat, what I had in my closet, and mixed it with:
40 drops of tea tree oil
2 tablespoons of carrot oil (from orgainic root stimulator)
1 tablespoon of 100& unrefined shea butter
2 tabelspoon coco oil

1. Do you think that mix was ok and it is not dilited too much? :confused:

2. Normally I "grease" my scalp with S&B Botanicals 3 in 1 after my weekly wash however I am not sure if I should still do this and apply the mix or rely on the monistat mix only? :confused:

3. And how often do I apply the monistat mix??? :confused:

Thanks!!!

BlackDiamond21 said:
:D BUMP... Anyone help me out with my questions, please???

don't u hate it when u don't get a resp? lol

I'm not sure because I called myself mixing ad it didn't work for me. Your mix sounds relatively mild. But I'm not sure I have since switched to neosporin af 2% by itself ONLY and that works a whole lot better for me.

BlackDiamond21 said:
Hi Honeydew! I am excited to try this!!!

I took 2 tubes of of the 4% from Monistat, what I had in my closet, and mixed it with:
40 drops of tea tree oil
2 tablespoons of carrot oil (from orgainic root stimulator)
1 tablespoon of 100& unrefined shea butter
2 tabelspoon coco oil

1. Do you think that mix was ok and it is not dilited too much? :confused:

2. Normally I "grease" my scalp with S&B Botanicals 3 in 1 after my weekly wash however I am not sure if I should still do this and apply the mix or rely on the monistat mix only? :confused:

3. And how often do I apply the monistat mix??? :confused:

Thanks!!!

i just use it full-strength.

AmilLion said:
WOW, I'm not knocking that it doesn't work, but I can't exactly imagine using Yeast Infection creme on my hair.

I think I'll just stick to the old fashion, moisturize, moisturize and moisturize.

:eek: YEa I'm with you, I can't imagine using something on my scalp that is used to treat a yeast infection........ugh

Back