May 2016: Hits & Misses

Miss: Sampling a new vendor and receiving BS in a box

The first two pics are of a product that is supposed to be a buttercream. Really? Looking like that? The last two pics are of the conditioner I received that has hair and dirt contained within the jar. When I contacted the vendor, she said that the speck of dirt is "nettle herbs". Really? Just one herb in the entire jar huh. I guess the hair beside it must be saw palmetto.:ohwell: I didn't even bother posting pics of the under-filled bottle of conditioner. To think, I waited almost a month for this nonsense.

(I apologize for the sideways pics, but I'm too fired up to try fixing it)

L3.jpg L4.jpg L6.jpg L7.jpg

l6-jpg.360291
l7-jpg.360293

That.
Is.
Nasty.

Miss: Sampling a new vendor and receiving BS in a box

The first two pics are of a product that is supposed to be a buttercream. Really? Looking like that? The last two pics are of the conditioner I received that has hair and dirt contained within the jar. When I contacted the vendor, she said that the speck of dirt is "nettle herbs". Really? Just one herb in the entire jar huh. I guess the hair beside it must be saw palmetto.:ohwell: I didn't even bother posting pics of the under-filled bottle of conditioner. To think, I waited almost a month for this nonsense.

(I apologize for the sideways pics, but I'm too fired up to try fixing it)

View attachment 360287 View attachment 360289 View attachment 360291 View attachment 360293
Wtf?! I'd be filing a dispute/asking for my money back/acting a fool. And it took you a month to get that mess. That's just wrong. What vendor is it? I don't want to make the mistake of purchasing from them.

Wtf?! I'd be filing a dispute/asking for my money back/acting a fool. And it took you a month to get that mess. That's just wrong. What vendor is it? I don't want to make the mistake of purchasing from them.

I asked for a refund and the vendor says that she won't issue one until I return the products to her. I said sure if you submit a pre-paid shipping label because I'm not bearing the brunt of shipping this nastiness back. I did that once with another nasty vendor and it didn't sit well with me afterward; it seemed unfair since I hadn't done anything wrong.

BTW, these products are from Lotus by Alesia; I made a purchase before seeing the LHCF sista's underwhelming review. I'm tired of receiving subpar products and service, and posting vague descriptions of those circumstances on the board afterward. From now on, I'm laying everything bare; they can either stand by their jacked up service or step up their game.

I asked for a refund and the vendor says that she won't issue one until I return the products to her. I said sure if you submit a pre-paid shipping label because I'm not bearing the brunt of shipping this nastiness back. I did that once with another nasty vendor and it didn't sit well with me afterward; it seemed unfair since I hadn't done anything wrong.

BTW, these products are from Lotus by Alesia; I made a purchase before seeing the LHCF sista's underwhelming review. I'm tired of receiving subpar products and service, and posting vague descriptions of those circumstances on the board afterward. From now on, I'm laying everything bare; they can either stand by their jacked up service or step up their game.
That's messed up. And beyond poor customer service. I looked at her products a few weeks ago. Your experience means I won't be taking a second look. Smh. Can you file a dispute with your bank? That's what I did due to a product issue with Honey's Handmade. They reversed the transaction and I got the full amount of the order since the vendor was uncooperative.

That's messed up. And beyond poor customer service. I looked at her products a few weeks ago. Your experience means I won't be taking a second look. Smh. Can you file a dispute with your bank? That's what I did due to a product issue with Honey's Handmade. They reversed the transaction and I got the full amount of the order since the vendor was uncooperative.

I referred the issue to paypal and, as of approximately 20 minutes ago, they're issuing me a refund. Since she's insisting upon having her products back, they told me to ship that stuff back to her and that they cover the cost of shipping. The only question that remains is this - what is she going to do with those products after she receives them back? Scoop out the "nettle" and hair, stir them up and resell them?

I referred the issue to paypal and, as of approximately 20 minutes ago, they're issuing me a refund. Since she's insisting upon having her products back, they told me to ship that stuff back to her and that they cover the cost of shipping. The only question that remains is this - what is she going to do with those products after she receives them back? Scoop out the "nettle" and hair, stir them up and resell them?
Probably. That's just plain nasty. They should make her pay the shipping cost. Ol nasty behind. I can't stand vendors with poor customer service. Y'all ain't the only business in the game. I will not play with folks this year. Any and all unresolved issues will get you a lifetime ban. I can't be bothered with the petty back and forth no matter how good your products are.

This whole situation is so yuck. What happened to quality control? You send me product with a hair in it and try to act as if it isn't a big deal! It isn't as if they hair is on top like you tried to get over, that hair is all in the product. I am so grossed out!

I am glad paypal worked it out. We need a sticky of all these janky a** vendors so we can avoid them.

OMG I'm going to gag. Thanks for naming the vendor.

Hits:
-Garnier Whole Blends Honey Treasures Conditioner...leaves my hair soft and moisturized and it smells good.
-Massaging my scalp with vatika oil.
-Using vatika oil on the entire length of my hair after spritzing with water at night.
-Mixing my egg protein pre-poo with honey and coconut milk..makes my hair feel smooth and moisturized but strong at the same time.

HIT:
-weekly washing and conditioning. Both my hair and scalp are loving the results plus I'm losing way less hair during my wash days.

CONTINUING HIT:
-QB AOHC. I love this moisturizer especially when I wear my hair out as it keeps my hair moisturized for days.

POSSIBLE HIT:
-Mielle organics babassu oil and mint conditioner. Sans the smell, this conditioner left my hair soft with some slip. I tend to be heavy handed but a little goes a long way. From initial reaction, I thought I may get 3 uses max based on the size of the container but the way the conditioner was gliding through my hair, I probably didn't even use a quarter of the product (and I have decent amount of hair).

POSSIBLE MISS:
-Mielle organics babassu oil conditioning sulfate free shampoo. I like that it lathered pretty quickly on my hair (even when I soak my hair in water, shampoos usually don't lather on my hair until the second wash). I washed my hair in 4 quadrants and each quadrant had a different reaction to the shampoo which was strange. The top left side seemed to like the shampoo the best, the bottom left and right felt ok but the top right, tangled up which surprised me because that section is usually the most cooperative. When rinsed out, my hair felt stripped but slightly coated at the same time. The smell was too much for me and it lingered. I don't want to rule it out as a full on miss until I use the shampoo again but I won't be using the shampoo any time soon.

Hit: Getting my shipping notice from Shescentit. THIS is how you run a business. I order and less than a week later, I have my shipping notice, even with a sale going on. No false shipping claims from just creating the label (I'm looking at YOU Soultanicals). In my opinion, her line should be in stores. I can't wait to try my new goodies from the line!

Continued Hits:
Shea Moisture Sacha Mask. Not a lot of hype about this mask but it is really, really good.
Using distilled water to dampen my hair before applying my moisturizer.
Shescentit's coco crème leave-in, okra reconstructor, and pumpkin cowash. Her line is becoming a favorite.
Oyin Hair Dew. I am NEVER without this stuff. I plan on ordering a liter during her next sale.
French Bouffant Rollers/rollersetting my natural hair. Never thought I would be able to set hair this dense and coily, but these rollers are amazing at keeping the hair taut and smooth. Worth every penny.
My Pibbs. Best appliance investment that I have made for my hair. Dries my hair quickly and evenly.

Hits
Pre pooing with Phillip Kingsley Elastizer Extreme with heat
Conditioning with Tropic Isle JBCO Protein Conditioner with heat
Moisturising with Darcys Pumpkin Conditioner with heat
Detangling with my tek brush

Miss
Not being patient enough detangling and breaking hairs
Wig shopping
Beauty Supply Stores / hair shops / the people who there
I'm trying to get Vivica Fox's wig called Sandra, its out of stock at the cheapest place
I'm been searching for another wig called Shela by Tiffany Collection and it is out of stock everywhere I've looked.

Hit: Getting my shipping notice from Shescentit. THIS is how you run a business. I order and less than a week later, I have my shipping notice, even with a sale going on. No false shipping claims from just creating the label (I'm looking at YOU Soultanicals). In my opinion, her line should be in stores. I can't wait to try my new goodies from the line!

Continued Hits:
Shea Moisture Sacha Mask. Not a lot of hype about this mask but it is really, really good.
Shescentit's coco crème leave-in, okra reconstructor, and pumpkin cowash. Her line is becoming a favorite.
Oyin Hair Dew. I am NEVER without this stuff. I plan on ordering a liter during her next sale.
French Bouffant Rollers/rollersetting my natural hair. Never thought I would be able to set hair this dense and coily, but these rollers are amazing at keeping the hair taut and smooth. Worth every penny.
My Pibbs. Best appliance investment that I have made for my hair. Dries my hair quickly and evenly.

Your hair sounds like mine. It is extremely coily when wet or styled. the only way for me to do twistouts/braidouts is to completely detangle every curl in sight to where you cant see them and then style. I always want to rollerset but it takes a lot to detangle my hair.

Continued Hits:

You starting! :lachen:

HIT:
-weekly washing and conditioning. Both my hair and scalp are loving the results plus I'm losing way less hair during my wash days.

CONTINUING HIT:
-QB AOHC. I love this moisturizer especially when I wear my hair out as it keeps my hair moisturized for days.

POSSIBLE HIT:
-Mielle organics babassu oil and mint conditioner. Sans the smell, this conditioner left my hair soft with some slip. I tend to be heavy handed but a little goes a long way. From initial reaction, I thought I may get 3 uses max based on the size of the container but the way the conditioner was gliding through my hair, I probably didn't even use a quarter of the product (and I have decent amount of hair).

POSSIBLE MISS:
-Mielle organics babassu oil conditioning sulfate free shampoo. I like that it lathered pretty quickly on my hair (even when I soak my hair in water, shampoos usually don't lather on my hair until the second wash). I washed my hair in 4 quadrants and each quadrant had a different reaction to the shampoo which was strange. The top left side seemed to like the shampoo the best, the bottom left and right felt ok but the top right, tangled up which surprised me because that section is usually the most cooperative. When rinsed out, my hair felt stripped but slightly coated at the same time. The smell was too much for me and it lingered. I don't want to rule it out as a full on miss until I use the shampoo again but I won't be using the shampoo any time soon.
The stripped feeling is what made the shampoo a miss for me. Now I use it to clean brushes, combs and clips.

It comes in a bottle and can be a bit difficult to get out sometimes. I think if i set it in a bowl of warm water that would alleviate the problem.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm thinking of warming it up a bit, or letting the warm weather do its job, and squeezing it into an empty 16oz jar so that I don't have to beat the stew out of it every time I want to use it.

Your hair sounds like mine. It is extremely coily when wet or styled. the only way for me to do twistouts/braidouts is to completely detangle every curl in sight to where you cant see them and then style. I always want to rollerset but it takes a lot to detangle my hair.

This. The only way that I am able to get a smooth set is by using a tangle teezer. I know that a lot of people don't like them but I love mine. To be safe, I don't use it often, just when I roller set.

Back