October 2016: Hits & Misses

Just got in from work and trying to catch up with all the postings I've missed. I see we were still discussing the Obia fiasco from yesterday. I think because of @Saludable84 review of the Komaza protein DC, i might want to add that to my BF list. I'm certainly now thinking about it for sure :yep:

If your HiPo go for it. As a LoPo gal, I would recommend it to other LoPos with much caution.

Possible Hit: Carol's daughter hair balm liquid pomade. Made detangling on barely damp hair super easy I like that it's a liquid and silky instead of gritty like some pomades can be. This is more like a liquidy grease. Could definitely become a fall/winter staple depending on how my hair feels in the morning.

Finally getting caught up...

Miss: The smell of the same condish listed above. It smells musty. Lmao. I don't care tho! Musty, moisture session, don't fail me now!
Lmao! Also, I tried the Naturalista Yummy Juicy leave in, or whatever. Meh. I don't like it. Barely used it. It is unremarkable. Guess I'll use it on my mine and my son's skin.

I liked the Naturalista line when I had samples but now that I have full size products, not so much. Not sure what I was thinking.

Side note since we are all here :look: Can anyone recommend a commercial protein shampoo + protein deep conditioner that I can find in stores? I want to try alternating moisture and protein weeks. Preferably a professional brand.

Have you tried the Joico KPak Line? I liked it.

This^^^^^^
You've summed up my sentiments about that DC exactly

@ms.blue @rileypak, the Obia conditioner lacked slap big time but my hair was super soft after rinsing it out. Weird vendor name aside, it's not a repurchase because of the slip issue.

Finally getting caught up...

I liked the Naturalista line when I had samples but now that I have full size products, not so much. Not sure what I was thinking.

Have you tried the Joico KPak Line? I liked it.

@ms.blue @rileypak, the Obia conditioner lacked slap big time but my hair was super soft after rinsing it out. Weird vendor name aside, it's not a repurchase because of the slip issue.

And for $22 for that small arse Naturalista jar, never again. :nono:
At $10, I would have been side eyeing it. I expected wayy, wayyyyy, more. I'm mixing it with other things for mine and my son's hair to try and use it up.

So, since SM has been pimping their products so hard, it's turned me off from purchasing. Wellll, my hair loves their stuff. Wtf, ughhh!! Now I have to build a stash and hoard this stuff.
I'm also seeing that some of their lines have the same ingredients and packaging, and different names. Ultra has bigger sizes condish than Target too.

Hit: Shea Moisture Low Porosity leave in + Qhemet Biologics Amla & Olive heavy cream

My hair feels so soft and moist yet when I run my fingers through my hair I don't see or feel any oiliness or stickiness on my hands.

I only use a little of the heavy cream to seal but I'm actually heavy handed with the leave in and it still absorbs completely into my hair. I'm shook

Back