March 2016: Hits & Misses

HIT
Apalus Straightening Brush!!! I don't 0ften straighten my anorexic strands because blow drying and flatironing tend to leave my hair feeling stiff especially after a day. But this brush left my hair feeling soft and silky like. I don't have the kind of hair you can whip back and forth, but I'm going on 4 days and my hair has not reverted, gotten stiff and my ends aren't crackling. I was even able to straighten all the way to the root (they're reverting a tiny bit due to night sweats). Great investment!

Hit:

SM Coconut and Hibiscus conditioner. I used this in DS hair and used this as a leave in versus rinsing it out because he has such dry and unruly hair. Beautiful curls but the Afro and dryness always prevail. I left it in and his fro was popping. Much better for him than me.

SM High Porosity Masque is a continued hit. Target closed today, I can't believe, so I will buy more next weekend when I get back there.

Camille Rose Cleansing Rinse. I thought it was a conditioning cleanser but it's a shampoo. Really confused with that name. Anyway, not stripping and left my hair manageable. I didn't need a lot. I used one pump per section for a total of 5 sections and it worked out really well.

APB Moisturizing Lotion. Continues hit. Holy Grail.

Tailored Beauty Grow Thick Oil. Continued hit. Happy scalp. Holy Grail.

Last edited:
Hit:
Annabelles Cupuacu and Avocado Hair Lotion

Lately I've been swamped with work and my hair has been neglected. I decided to wash and dc friday night. I twisted my hair with Oyin hair dew and Annabelles lotion and sealed the endswith a bit of oil. I untwisted the damp twists in the morning and diffused on low to set the curls. My hair is so soft and manageable!! My fiance even commented that my hair is softer than it usually is. This is my second day hair:

Attachments

• 20160327_180928-1.jpg
    20160327_180928-1.jpg
    605.1 KB · Views: 51
Yup. I thought it was conditioner too. I'm honestly confused by the name. I mean it's good, very light and gentle, but I would have preferred a cleansing conditioner.
@Saludable84
Me too. And I'm taking it back tomorrow. The name is misleading.

It could have been a Cleansing Rinse or Conditioning Rinse.

There is nothing in the 'name' that would have led me to believe it was actually a Shampoo.

@Anaisin
Cleansing Rinse. I thought it was a Rinse.

No where in the description would I have thought it was a Shampoo.

Nowhere on the bottle does it say anything!!!!!! That's why I was confused. Cleansing is to versatile to just assume. Rinse made me think conditioner. Normally I open up stuff in target but I decided to be nice. When I got home, I used it on DS hair and that's when I found out it was a shampoo. I mean, I don't hate it, but it's not what I intended to buy. And the ingredients don't help because cleansing conditioners can have the similar non-lathering cleansers too.

Anyway, I like it. Will continue to use it. The first SLS-free poo I've tried in years and like, but it could use a better description for those not looking for shampoo.

@Saludable84

You are absolutely right. I agree with everything you said. The name is definitely misleading.

And it happens a lot. Folks will label stuff as a butter and you open it and it's actually a Crème (or vice versa).

It got really great reviews from @Beany in this Thread which made me buy it, but I didn't know it was a Shampoo.

I too, thought, it was a Cleansing Conditioner (regardless).

I do have my receipt and will return it. Now, the real challenge for me, will be leaving Target w/o picking up a replacement.

@Saludable84

You are absolutely right. I agree with everything you said. The name is definitely misleading.

And it happens a lot. Folks will label stuff as a butter and you open it and it's actually a Crème (or vice versa).

It got really great reviews from @Beany in this Thread which made me buy it, but I didn't know it was a Shampoo.

I too, thought, it was a Cleansing Conditioner (regardless).

I do have my receipt and will return it. Now, the real challenge for me, will be leaving Target w/o picking up a replacement.

If you go to customer service and then leave, you'll be aight.

If your a normal human being, you will take your hard earned store credit and roam back down the aisle you picked it up from.

Super Miss:

Moroccan henna and Indigo from Hennasooq. The results were...actually there was no result. I henna and indigo my hair for color deposit and I did NOT get what I had hoped for. One or two strands were colored a hint of brownish copper but that's it. I'm greatly disappointed I might add.

On the positive side, they didn't leave my hair feeling stripped at all and they washed out pretty easily too. I had to find something good to say, right?

MISS
Soultanicals Knot Kokoa - too much mango butter (the rest of the ingredients couldn't make it manageable for me) and not thick enough for sealing my hair. Tried using a lot, using a little, just doesn't do it for my strands. Something about the formulation is just off my hair. A shame because it means the Knot Pumpkin I have won't cut it either. [The Knot Pumpkin is unopened. If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.]

MISS
Soultanicals Knot Kokoa - too much mango butter (the rest of the ingredients couldn't make it manageable for me) and not thick enough for sealing my hair. Tried using a lot, using a little, just doesn't do it for my strands. Something about the formulation is just off my hair. A shame because it means the Knot Pumpkin I have won't cut it either. [The Knot Pumpkin is unopened. If anyone wants it, shoot me a PM.]

Sorry to hear that it didn't work for you! I sent you a PM, I'd be interested, I wanted to try this and never ordered it. Thanks!

MISS

The ingredients looked like a bunch of butter so I wasnt interested.

I tried another bag Of hennasooq's Moroccan henna but only this time, I waited 75 minutes for the dye to release instead of 2 hours and I used heat from my hooded dryer for 2 hours and waited another hour without heat and finally I got some richer color.

I have another 8 bags of this stuff and I would have hated to lose it all. I did dump 4 bags of indigo though. I don't feel they worked at all. I did dump it but I got product dumper's remorse and took out of the trash that was still in the house.

With that said, I'm changing my earlier review of this Moroccan henna from a Miss to to On The Fence for now. I don't want to get too excited before I'm completely done today.

ETA: There is one more thing I did differently than I did yesterday with my application. I applied the henna on dry, but oiled hair and scalp yesterday and today I applied it on freshly washed, damp hair - no oil this time. I'll be sticking to the latter application method moving forward because it worked best for my hair.

Last edited:
HIT!!!!
Doing a W n G using the LOC method under CJ Pattern Pusha Gel. Defined soft curls that look like natural hair and not fuzzy ramin noodles. I'm proly late to the game, but I'm gonna have to try this method with other gels. The surprise, though, was how well Sarenzo's heavy cream blended with the gel!!!! Best w n g everrrrrrrrrrrr!

Hit: CRN Curl Maker- this isn't as sticky as KCCC and has the same amount of hold, if not a tad bit more. It also doesn't leave my hair as hard as KCCC.

Meh: Mill Creek Biotin conditioner- not good in slip factor, has a strong smell, and my coils didn't pop with it on. I'm sure it's doing its job though because I had way less broken hairs and shedding compared to a usual wash day. I'll continue to use the rest of the bottle.

Miss: Twisted Sista Deep Conditioner

It has a thick, butter like consistency and it smells really nice. Actually, it made my hair soft... but my hair didn't shine like with other conditioners/treatments and I actually had more breakage than with other treatments. It was really weird because my hair was soft, had body and felt moisturized but there was way too many broken hairs for my taste.

Hit: BC Bonacure Color Freeze Treatment

I just finished using it for the first time and I really like the feel of my hair... Soft but not too soft, strong but not too strong. I like the smell too. The consistency is yogurt like... They have a big bottle at TJ Maxx... I should go get it :lol:

Hit CON original!!!!!:drunk: Like original white bottle red cap original circa 1980. I found a store that had the original formula while I was looking for something else. Felt like manna from heaven. Liquid gold just like I remembered. I hope the company is bringing this back because if this was just luck I will have to travel 45 min back over there to clear the shelf. I'm not playing.

Back