October 2016: Hits & Misses

I just read what "obia" meant. That stuff ain't right...from the name to smell to the texture...

After rinsing that crap outta my hair, I tried to pass it off to my sister...she opened the jar, took a sniff and passsed back to me. I gave the product to her roommate
:look:
@ms.blue
Gurl....I couldn't even give that to nobody now, knowing what I know.:dead:

It must be destroyed!:lol:

Hit and Miss:
Komaza Protein Strengthner.

Hit because it made my hair hard after leaving it in for an hour and my curls are popping. Nice and healthy.

Miss because of the aloe. Now, deep conditioner is sitting on top of my head. My hair is super tight. Good thing I'm conditioning overnight.

Regardless of the aloe, this will be my only Protein treatment.

The Obia line never really appealed to me.
Plus when I looked up what an "Obia" was, I was done with that line.
I'm over here thinking they can't really be that slow.

This is on their page. Either way, as revamp might need to happen.

Obia (pronounced "oh-bee-yah") means first daughter in the Lokaa language, our founders native tongue. Obia is from the Yakurr people of Nigeria, located in Cross River State. And yes, she is the first daughter of her family

Miss: Nekeshea Exotic Fruits Moisturizing Conditioner
I love the owner. But this product was a miss for my hair. There were a lot of rave reviews on it so I thought it would be good. It went on great, nice slip, appeared to have some moisture.
Of course, what was one of the top ingredients? Avocado oil. So instead of it being softening, it was smoothing. I don't need that.
I'm going to learn to leave well enough alone with avocado oil being high on the list.
But overall, it just did not soften my hair.

I'm over here thinking they can't really be that slow.

This is on their page. Either way, as revamp might need to happen.

Obia (pronounced "oh-bee-yah") means first daughter in the Lokaa language, our founders native tongue. Obia is from the Yakurr people of Nigeria, located in Cross River State. And yes, she is the first daughter of her family
Now I can't find that on any search engine. Wow. What a debacle between her page and what comes up in search engines. :(
It could have more than one meaning? Geez.

@IDareT'sHair @Saludable84 @NaturallyATLPCH @Aggie

I am here cracking UP! I agree tho. I don't play around with that mess.

Obeah is a huge thing in Jamaica. It refers to the the belief in bewitching, magic, spirits (or duppies as they call them). Working in the public health care system here has made me acutely aware of what a significant portion of the population believes in. Like if someone falls ill suddenly, they would think someone in their community 'tek set pon dem' and went to a obeah man/woman who put a spell on them. It is often to their detriment because by the time they present to the hospital whatever condition may be too far gone to treat.

Hot mess.

@IDareT'sHair @Saludable84 @NaturallyATLPCH @Aggie

I am here cracking UP! I agree tho. I don't play around with that mess.

Obeah is a huge thing in Jamaica. It refers to the the belief in bewitching, magic, spirits (or duppies as they call them). Working in the public health care system here has made me acutely aware of what a significant portion of the population believes in. Like if someone falls ill suddenly, they would think someone in their community 'tek set pon dem' and went to a obeah man/woman who put a spell on them. It is often to their detriment because by the time they present to the hospital whatever condition may be too far gone to treat.

Hot mess.
Right! Everything I've researched on it has to do with witch craft, spells, etc. WOW!

Hit and Miss:
Komaza Protein Strengthner.

Hit because it made my hair hard after leaving it in for an hour and my curls are popping. Nice and healthy.

Miss because of the aloe. Now, deep conditioner is sitting on top of my head. My hair is super tight. Good thing I'm conditioning overnight.

Regardless of the aloe, this will be my only Protein treatment.

And this was my concern when I ordered it. Will that darn aloe prevent anything from penetrating. Maybe I will try DCing overnight too if that will help.

Back