October 2016: Hits & Misses

And this was my concern when I ordered it. Will that darn aloe prevent anything from penetrating. Maybe I will try DCing overnight too if that will help.

The overnight DC worked. I usually get scared because of mushy hair but this looks good. I pulled a strand and it was resistant.

When I used the Komaza, my hair soaked it all in and when I went to rinse, nothing really came out.

I'm over here thinking they can't really be that slow.

This is on their page. Either way, as revamp might need to happen.

Obia (pronounced "oh-bee-yah") means first daughter in the Lokaa language, our founders native tongue. Obia is from the Yakurr people of Nigeria, located in Cross River State. And yes, she is the first daughter of her family
After reading the about us section, it's clear that Obia has a different meaning depending on the language spoken. I saw that Obia means girl in Igbo and there are so many languages spoken in Nigeria so obviously the same word could have different meanings.

I still think the dc is crap though.

After reading the about us section, it's clear that Obia has a different meaning depending on the language spoken. I saw that Obia means girl in Igbo and there are so many languages spoken in Nigeria so obviously the same word could have different meanings.

I still think the dc is crap though.
I had come to that conclusion. Unfortunately, the worse definition comes up at the first search.

@CopperRose
And I "told the story" how I got that mess outta my house and threw it in the trash":laugh:....:nono:

Haha, Its just that I'm a research scientist so stuff like this doesn't phase me. I assumed that it was a word from a language I wasn't familiar with and I'm not going to fault the vendor for my ignorance/bias. BUTTT...

Miss: The bagasse DC itself isn't that good anyway for my lo-po strands on its own.

Sorta Hit: Obia babassu DC mixed with rosewater and honey works pretty decent. Not a repurchase though as there are cheaper things that work just as good without doctoring

HIITTT: LRC shake n go. I would wine and dine this leave in :dinner:

Haha, Its just that I'm a research scientist so stuff like this doesn't phase me. I assumed that it was a word from a language I wasn't familiar with and I'm not going to fault the vendor for my ignorance/bias. BUTTT...

Miss: The bagasse DC itself isn't that good anyway for my lo-po strands on its own.

Sorta Hit: Obia babassu DC mixed with rosewater and honey works pretty decent. Not a repurchase though as there are cheaper things that work just as good without doctoring

HIITTT: LRC shake n go. I would wine and dine this leave in :dinner:

I wonder if we work for the same company, hmmmm....

Anyway, I've never been moved by Obia. I work with so many Nigerians and Ghanaians, so now, I'm going to work tomorrow asking many questions.

New Hit

Netwurks21 Hair & Scalp Cream- I absolutely love this as an overnight treatment. I've been using it for the past few weeks and it just makes my hair so soft and pliable and there's very little to no breakage :cupidarrow:. I feel like I'm going to have to hoard this stuff :look:

Continued Hit

APB Pumpkin Seed Mask- I can't even say enough about how much I love this DC. The slip, moisture, and softness I receive from this is nothing short of wonderful. Once a DC makes this picky heifer I call my hair bow down, I become ecstatic since my hair doesn't love too many things. Come BF...my APB cart will be popping:abducted:

Possible Hit: Kenra blowdry spray

Don't want to get excited just yet, but, I like it. If anything it gives majur slip, great detangler. The medium rattail had significantly less trouble going through this 6 months post hair.

Normally hair takes about 1:20ish to dry with mesh rollers, possibly with a few damp spots. Today, 1 hr and I was dry. Like, spring off the rollers dry.
(not that mmm it's aaaalmosssst dry but dammit I'm tired let it airdry- dry :lol:). Lol I acutally took less time to dry my hair than to set #iwaswatchingneflixtoo #dontjudgeme

Hair feels good. I will use it a few more times before I give a final verdict.

@Aggie

Possible Hit: Kenra blowdry spray

Don't want to get excited just yet, but, I like it. If anything it gives majur slip, great detangler. The medium rattail had significantly less trouble going through this 6 months post hair.

Normally hair takes about 1:20ish to dry with mesh rollers, possibly with a few damp spots. Today, 1 hr and I was dry. Like, spring off the rollers dry.
(not that mmm it's aaaalmosssst dry but dammit I'm tired let it airdry- dry :lol:). Lol I acutally took less time to dry my hair than to set #iwaswatchingneflixtoo #dontjudgeme

Hair feels good. I will use it a few more times before I give a final verdict.

@Aggie

@halee_J

This sounds wonderful. I still want to hear how you feel about it after another try. Thanks so much for sharing hon.

I scanned the listing for the 8 oz and she used the verbiage "hair glaze." That's why I asked. I'll go back and read the whole listing.
@MileHighDiva
No, the two (Jakeala) are nothing alike.:nono:

The tincture has a whole lot of "stuff" in it and feels almost weightless (as it doubles for an after shower oil).

ETA: I still want that Jakeala too:love:

Back