Married Ladies/or those in serious Relationships: Where or HOW did you meet your SO??

Re: Married Ladies/or those in serious Relationships: Where or HOW did you meet your

My sister's husband's best friend.

He like the way I dance. :giggle:

Re: Married Ladies/or those in serious Relationships: Where or HOW did you meet your

I met mine when I tried out for a talent show...
tryouts were at a studio he works at...
He was at the boards with the other talent show people and glanced at me but didn't really stare or anything...
then i started singing and he was like "i see uuu" cuz there was a camera in the booth and i was poking at it...
so then after he still sat there and they were all talkin to me... he kept it soooo cool
i was thinkin like that one in the middle is so cute, but he didn't say a word to me...
on the way out to my car some of his minions ran up to me and gave me his card and said he wanted to work with me some time...
so i called him... we talked about music... he sounded CRAZY because he had on what I now call his "business voice" lol
then the next day I said I was coming at 10... at 9:50 I was still getting dressed. He called and was like "are you coming"
which is really funny cuz he is not at all time oriented... in retrospect he was just pressed to see me :grin:
so i got there at like 10:45
we talked for a bit and I was tellin him about my love for music...
so he's like actually... i made you a beat
It was amazing... now that I know his work, it was probably his best one.. artists keep trying to buy it but he won't sell it cuz its for me :grin:the whole day he kept looking in my eyes and saying "wow, you are so beautiful" but not how yall think though... he is from the hood so he was still in "tough voice" mode, so it didnt sound all sweet and like a guy who was out to get some poon, cuz he was so bad at saying it lol... it was like he had never said those words in his life... he sounded so ghetto/shy/awkward... :lachen:
so then we wrote a song together... talked a whole lot... he ordered us chinese... and he was so sweet and he could not stop looking into my eyes... i have never had someone look at me with such intensity... i was hooked
the rest is history:drunk:

I met FH @ a club :look:

I was mean as hell too! :lachen:

For some reason he thought it a good idea to stick around to talk to me & my friend after the party was over. From the minute he opened his mouth I was annoyed. Dude had the nerve he liked me because I was different and didnt look & talk like a "typical Baltimore female." :wallbash: That comment is a pet peeve of mine because I hate hearing people bash the women in my city. I'm already a smartazz by nature so he was already gettin an earful of snarky remarks but he pissed me off after that little comment so I turned on full blown *****-mode!

Clearly the man was a glutton for punishment because as the convo progressed I just got meaner & more flippant (lmao). I found him to be a corny, irritating nuisance. The more he talked the more annoyed I became. He found brutally honest candidness to be intriguing. :nuts: His response to my behavior really impressed me. I know a player when I see one because I can spit game with the best of them but he was different. He shouldnt have been bothered with me to be honest, yet he remained patient poised gentleman throughout. He even made his friend offer me & my friend a ride home after I rejected his offer to pay our cab fare.

Long story short, before I got out the car he said we should exchange numbers, I said that wasnt necessary and I would just give him mine because I had no intention of ever calling him. He took mine, then took off his necklace, put it around my neck and said "hold this until the next time I see you." :love5: The rest is history lol

I tapped my SO on the shoulder at a networking/fraternity event and asked him if the drinks were still free.

Thank God he knows I do have a brain :)

I drove to my long-time friend's house to see how he and his family were doing. My current SO just happened to be there because he was their ride to and from the airport. I had talked to the guy a couple of times over the phone but he was just "okay" to me and I wanted to keep it a business relationship.

When we met, I was wearing men's clothing, but he told me later that I looked so beautiful. We kept the conversation very simple that day. We became friends over the phone after I flew back home. I don't think we saw each other again for about nine months... that's when we started dating.

I love your stories guys... please stop saying the rest is history lol, I wanna hear more..

I love your stories guys... please stop saying the rest is history lol, I wanna hear more..

lol

in my case he thought it was a good idea to permanently put himself in captivity by suggesting id make a good wife...and then tried to bribe me with diamonds :grin:

I met DH the day before new years eve 2004 at a reggae club. Neither of us wanted to go out that night, but our friends made us go. He asked me to dance, we exchanged numbers and the rest is history. Lol...j/k.

A year later we were living together, three years later we were engaged, just got married almost 2 months ago. Worked out wonderfully.

Forgive me, but arent u a lesbian??

I met FH @ a club :look:

I was mean as hell too! :lachen:

For some reason he thought it a good idea to stick around to talk to me & my friend after the party was over. From the minute he opened his mouth I was annoyed. Dude had the nerve he liked me because I was different and didnt look & talk like a "typical Baltimore female." :wallbash: That comment is a pet peeve of mine because I hate hearing people bash the women in my city. I'm already a smartazz by nature so he was already gettin an earful of snarky remarks but he pissed me off after that little comment so I turned on full blown *****-mode!

Clearly the man was a glutton for punishment because as the convo progressed I just got meaner & more flippant (lmao). I found him to be a corny, irritating nuisance. The more he talked the more annoyed I became. He found brutally honest candidness to be intriguing. :nuts: His response to my behavior really impressed me. I know a player when I see one because I can spit game with the best of them but he was different. He shouldnt have been bothered with me to be honest, yet he remained patient poised gentleman throughout. He even made his friend offer me & my friend a ride home after I rejected his offer to pay our cab fare.

Long story short, before I got out the car he said we should exchange numbers, I said that wasnt necessary and I would just give him mine because I had no intention of ever calling him. He took mine, then took off his necklace, put it around my neck and said "hold this until the next time I see you." :love5: The rest is history lol

Last edited:

I love reading how people met! We met online, the only person who knew this initially on my side of the family was my sister(I have 3, but only 1 knows how to keep a secret, lol).:blush: I didn't want my family to flip out, because they would. They know now and are fine with it, they love him.:grin:

Well, we messaged for about one month, then I gave him my email address and we emailed daily for about two weeks, after that we moved onto Instant Messanger for another month or so. I messaged him and told him I was going on vacation for two weeks and wouldn't be near a computer on a consistent basis, so he asked for my number. We ended up texting each other throughout my two week vacation, I was thinking this dude must have some issues because he is not asking to call me, or even bringing it up. I like to let the guy take the lead role, but I was really starting to get suspect.:spinning:

Well, he called me one night and I was in Wal-Mart(ironically in the hair care section). We ended up talking for 7 hours, and that pretty much continued every night for the next two months. I mean we would fall asleep on the phone, it was like being in high school again, lol. If we weren't talking on the phone, we were constantly texting, or chatting online.

Soo, we finally decided to meet, he got a flight, but it was cancelled at the last minute. He chose to drive(it's about 5 hrs in the car, well it took him 6 b/c he's not a speeder like me, lol). When he got to my house, it was after midnight, but I was soo happy to see him. We spent the entire weekend together, had a blast exploring the city and he was the perfect gentleman. We listened to live music, got interviewed by the news(how random, but quite a few people called me and told me they saw me and asked who was I with, lol), went on a boat ride, went to my nieces soccer game and made fun of all the uncoordinated kiddos(jk...maybe), we had an amazing time. He was supposed to leave early Monday morning, but he didn't leave until 7pm. He called me after he pulled off and we talked until he made it back home.

We basically spent the rest of the time driving/flying back and forth every other weekend to see each other. Unfortunately, he got sent to Iraq for one year, but his job was pretty stable and predictable so we got to talk a lot during his deployment. Thankfully he made it home safe and in his right mind and we resumed our relationship.

We are basically at a crossroads right now in our relationship, he has orders to California(the same place he was training at when we had our first ever phone conversation, lol). We got engaged recently but that's on hold because we both need to come to a common ground on certain issues. I think facebook says it best "It's Complicated". *Le Sigh* That's our story...give online dating a try, it's a great way to get to know somebody beforehand. :grin:

That's what I wanted to know, but I was too confused to ask.
I thought maybe I confused Barbie with a different poster or something...:spinning:

That's what I wanted to know, but I was too confused to ask.
I thought maybe I confused Barbie with a different poster or something...:spinning:

I've been getting this question a lot lately--and understandably so. Everyone is like "wtf ?! huh????" :huh::lachen:

Yes, I did solely date only women for a long time, but yes I am with a man right now :look: It was an accident! I unexpectedly just happened to stumble upon my FH and he pursued me pretty hard. I guess I just fell for him after a while...

I don't consider myself heterosexual, I am just in a relationship with a man. So just like heterosexual women run into men they find attractive, I run into women I find attractive all of the time. And, just like anyone else in a committed relationship, I'm monogamous with FH because I love him .:yep:

I've been getting this question a lot lately--and understandably so. Everyone is like "wtf ?! huh????" :huh::lachen:

Yes, I did solely date only women for a long time, but yes I am with a man right now :look: It was an accident! I unexpectedly just happened to stumble upon my FH and he pursued me pretty hard. I guess I just fell for him after a while...

I don't consider myself heterosexual, I am just in a relationship with a man. So just like heterosexual women run into men they find attractive, I run into women I find attractive all of the time. And, just like anyone else in a committed relationship, I'm monogamous with FH because I love him .:yep:

Aww BarbieSocialite, congratulations and best of luck!
Love is love no matter with whom.

i met him in school, i was already engaged to someone else, so we just became friends..throughout the yrs we kept in touch

when i was going through my divorce he just happen to call me, i never told him i was getting divorced lol...i told him then my marriage was over and yadda yadda...he was like, i was feeling you back then, i wanted you to choose me, but you were with ol boy and i wanted the decision to be yours.

i told him i was feeling him too, but he was too young for me and he had a child and i was not feelin that...plus he was an unknown, didnt want to leave a known for an unknown...

he was a lil hurt, but i realized that i loved him too and we just went on from there

i love all your stories ladies...keep 'em coming.

we took a class together. he was new to my school and i thought he seemed interesting. i was trying to expand my social circle so i invited him to study, and then afterwards invited myself over to his place to watch a movie:

me: ive never seen a spike lee movie before, do you have any?
him: yea, we can watch one sometime
me: when???

(so smooth, obv i need to figure out a more subtle way to make friends)

we hung out, started talking and then it turned into more :)

I met my husband my freshman year of college. I saw him and thought to myself, what a cute guy. We had been friends since freshman year, hung out with different people, caught up again as friends, and shortly after we graduated undergrad we started dating. We got married 2 years later.

Please keep it coming ladies!

My SO was the drummer of a small Africentric ministry that I used to go to.

We became fast friends. One day he alluded to us being together, and I told him that I didn't want to be in a relationship for at least a year after my last one. He asked me when a year would be up, and I said Jan. 1, '06. He said, "If we're still friends, and you're still single on Jan 1, I'm going to be your man." I just laughed.

So, on Jan 1, '06, he called me and asked me if he could come over. I said yeah, because I made a bunch of food for the new year, and had no one to share it with. He came over, we ate dinner, played Scrabble, and then he said, "So, it's Jan 1, we're still cool, and you're single - so you're my lady, right?" :sneakyhug:

I just looked at him and then was like, "ok" (duh!) :kisslips:

We've been together ever since. He's my best friend, makes me laugh like no other, and if ever there were any man I'd marry, it's him. I never beleived in "the one" but this one's pretty dang close! :)

My SO was the drummer of a small Africentric ministry that I used to go to.

We became fast friends. One day he alluded to us being together, and I told him that I didn't want to be in a relationship for at least a year after my last one. He asked me when a year would be up, and I said Jan. 1, '06. He said, "If we're still friends, and you're still single on Jan 1, I'm going to be your man." I just laughed.

So, on Jan 1, '06, he called me and asked me if he could come over. I said yeah, because I made a bunch of food for the new year, and had no one to share it with. He came over, we ate dinner, played Scrabble, and then he said, "So, it's Jan 1, we're still cool, and you're single - so you're my lady, right?" :sneakyhug:

I just looked at him and then was like, "ok" (duh!) :kisslips:

We've been together ever since. He's my best friend, makes me laugh like no other, and if ever there were any man I'd marry, it's him. I never beleived in "the one" but this one's pretty dang close! :)

Awwww...cute story!

We met in high school through his next door neighbor/my male best friend at the time. Dated for a minute in high school, broke up, both went off to different colleges, then happened to transfer to the same college. Became good friends, eventually rekindled the romance, broke up a few times over the years, but now, after 22 years, we're getting married in September.

I used to work at a sports bar...

One night (probably around 11 pm) I was clearing up my section when I saw him and his friend come in. They sat at one of my tables, and I thought "OMG they are going to try and ask for my number..." Turns out I went to high school with his friend which sparked conversation. His friend was more outgoing and actually stepped up and asked me for my number. I gave it to him and thought, the other dude is sexy but he's not 'fighting' for me so, oh well!

We all started hanging out as friends, and one night his boy was unable to come to my house to watch movies, so it was just me and my future man. We were horsing around and I fell on top of him and looked in his eyes...I knew instantly he was the one.:rolleyes:

Wow these stories were good! I would love to hear more.

I came here ready to read a new story, I'm so addicted to this thread!

This thread is so cute :dinner:
I met my SO about 4-5 years ago. We lived in the same neighborhood but we were at that time with other people. We saw each other around the neighborhood and were cordial to each other but nothing serious. I eventually moved and would see him around every so often in the weirdest places. He was always polite and respectful. I saw him again around the beginning of this year and at that time we were both single. We had a nice conversation exchanged numbers and made our relationship official in April.

He is really a good person, one of a kind.:blush3:

We met in high school through his next door neighbor/my male best friend at the time. Dated for a minute in high school, broke up, both went off to different colleges, then happened to transfer to the same college. Became good friends, eventually rekindled the romance, broke up a few times over the years, but now, after 22 years, we're getting married in September.

Awwww, I love hearing stories like this. True love endures all things...congrats! :)

Hey Everyone - I hope you don't mind but I wanted to share the search from the male perspective from a relative who got married a couple of months ago.

Kenneth Meets His Princess!

God's blessing comes into view
Well, you might think that this story starts from when me and the love of my life first met, but in actuality it started back when I was 14. I had been praying for a real love to come into my life--someone that would love and celebrate me and I her. It seemed like everyone had a girl in their life except me--so I guess I was envious because other people seemed to have a relationship while I didn't. Through my life's experiences, I started seeing all the wrong things that people would do in relationships...things that wound up hurting the people involved rather than enhancing and breathing life into the relationship. I started asking God if He would bless me with a wife one day because I wanted someone to love and to reciprocate that love in return. Ultimately, I wanted to do things God's way rather than my own way.

I had been in a couple of short-lived dating relationships, and each time I started to not only learn about the other person, but also myself. I learned that I was very immature and superficial in alot of ways when it came to relationships. So, one day I asked God if he would grant me wisdom to know who to pursue as far as a relationship that would eventually lead to marriage. Man, that had to be one of my biggest challenges with my relationship with God. It seemed like every woman that I wanted to date, He would either say "no", or somehow or another things just wouldn't work out like how I planned it. This struggle with finding the right person--along with all the normal anxieties and depression that goes with it--continued for some time until one day at UGA....

There she was...the love of my life. Joselyn. Everything that I wanted in a mate--beautiful, believed in Jesus as Lord, intelligent. There was just one problem...I wasn't seeing her as such at the time. Perhaps I suffered an injury from playing basketball or fell while running the treadmill at the SPACenter--I have no clue--but I just wasn't seeing her as the gem that she was and is at that moment in time. She had come out to Timothy Campus Ministries' Friday Night Bible study with her friend Rita. We became friends and hung out every now and again, but I was totally blinded to the fact that I was staring my future wife in the face every bible study. All the while, I continued my search for my bride to be.

After we graduated from UGA, Joselyn and I would talk on the phone every now and then to check on each other. We would always drive together to Family and Friends day at Timothy Baptist Church in Athens every year. Still oblivious to my wife being right under my nose, I continued my search. After one disappointment after another, I was pretty much about to give up. I got tired of being hurt, feeing rejected, and not being celebrated or loved by the women I dated. I had talked to Joselyn about some of my dating woes, and she told me about some of her experiences, too. We went from talking on the phone every now and then to talking almost every day. Finally, we started going out together--this was last year when we started dating. Then, for the first time, God had opened my eyes and showed me my wife.

We continued dating exclusively until our engagement that took place during Spring Break on March 31st of 2007 in Savannah, Georgia. I was so nervous. I kept replaying in my mind how I was going to propose to her--was it going to be on the beach, or in a restaurant, or on the tour trolly? Fortunately, God had things all figured out. We were in all those situations where it might have been a perfect time to ask her, but I never had the ring on me--it was still packed in the suitcase at the hotel. While we were on the beach--our last stop before going back to the hotel for the evening--I remember God giving me a little bit of wisdom, and a brilliant plan. I told Princess (Joselyn's pet name I gave her) that I had a gift for her back at the hotel. Her eyes lit up like two of the brightest stars in the night sky. She asked what it was--I told her I couldn't tell her until we got back to the hotel. Needless to say, she was anxious to get back to the hotel. When we got back, I told her to close her eyes and don't peek and hold out her left hand. I got on one knee and at 7:15 PM that day, I asked Joselyn if she would make me the happiest man in the world. The rest, as they say, is history.....

If you want to hear her side of the story you may want to read it at their website link it is http://www.mywedding.com/kennethandjoselynswedding/stories.html

DH and I met at church while members of our youth ministry.

Back