Married Ladies, Do You Ever Think About Cheating?

Have you ever thought about cheating?

• Yes, I have thought about cheating

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • No, I have never, ever even thought about cheating!

Votes: 17 36.2%
  • Yes, and I have cheated

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • I'm taking my secrets to the grave

Votes: 10 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Theo

Just wondering.

Have you ever thought about cheating on your hubby? If so why? Were you not getting your needs met? Were you attracted to a neighbor or someone from work??

I only ask because when I feel constricted in my relationships, I think about breaking up. I never act on it, but I think about it. I just was wondering what happens in marriage when the stakes are higher somewhat.

I'll post a poll.

I really don't think many people are going to truly fess up to this one, but this is someothing that I wonder as well. Like you, when I get fed up in a relationship, the first thing to come to my mind is to exit. It's usually the guy that is more willing to work on things bet us. I also know if I were to cheat it would def be for emotional reasons and those affairs run deeper than a sexual one. An emotional affair combined w/ sex would tear a marriage apart. Any type of affair can be detrimental to a marriage, so that would alone would prob make a spouse think twice before engaging in one.

So I'll b honest, yes I think abt cheating on dh, not because anything is terrible abt our relationship per se, but due to our lifestyle we spend ALOT of time apart, and during those times, we're both stressed out and since I am attractive, I tend to get alot of attention from men whn I leave the house. I think how easy it would b and how he would probably never find out. Although I have taken mens numbers on occasion, I've never met with any of them and nothing happend. Hopefully, I will never do something I know is stupid and will mess up my life with my soulmate.

In my past marriage, I thought about it often. He was in the Navy and out to sea more than he was home. Plus I was young (20) and had alot of single friends (male and female) who were living the life I wanted to live.

In my present marriage: Does my dream about Trey Songz count? If so, then I cheated just the other night. Oh and I did tell hubby about it. Yeeeep!

I don't think about cheating on DH but previously when we were going through serious medical issues I thought about breaking up, that he'd hurt less if I died after we broke up. Thankfully I discussed it with him and we are still together. I can't think of cheating on DH because I know he is my other half, no argument can change that. I am thankful that GOD brought him into my life and that he is so devoted to me - there is nothing out there that would be better for me than him.

Honestly ,NO.

He may never know but I would. I have never been that person and hopefully I never will be.

Whatever a man does is for him to deal with . I have to live with me.

No, I haven't. Even with all the years we've been together and all we've been through. And I'm no saint but to be totally honest:

#1 - It's just plain wrong to cheat on your spouse.

#2 - Why would I want to bring another man into my life when just dealing with one man is more than enough! :lol:

I'll honestly say I've been attracted to other men. I think a lot of women are. There's no magical faucet that you can turn off after you've been married to stop you from being attracted to others.

Cheating is another matter. Even if I thought about it, I wouldn't want to break my husband's heart. He's rather sensitive.

So I'll b honest, yes I think abt cheating on dh, not because anything is terrible abt our relationship per se, but due to our lifestyle we spend ALOT of time apart, and during those times, we're both stressed out and since I am attractive, I tend to get alot of attention from men whn I leave the house. I think how easy it would b and how he would probably never find out. Although I have taken mens numbers on occasion, I've never met with any of them and nothing happend. Hopefully, I will never do something I know is stupid and will mess up my life with my soulmate.
Girl, you're brave.

no, I don't think about cheating....I think about leaving.
Yes, why cheat when you can leave? No one is holding you hostage.

I had an affair. It tore my husband's heart up. Now, we are living apart and he wants a divorce. I pray that we don't. My suggestion to anyone is to really think about what's on the line. Nip it all in the bud!!! Even if your husband never finds out, you will always know what you've done and probably end up hating yourself for a long time. I cheated on him because I was needy and had a bad daddy complex.

^^^^
I'm sorry you're going through this. I hope your husband can forgive you one day. Even if he does take you back - be prepared to always account for where you were and who you were with. Once the trust is broken - he's going to have a hard time forgetting. You need to earn his trust back.

Good luck
PS, i wish I could give you a hug, but I can't find the hug smilie :)

I met a guy a year ago when he started at my job that I thought about cheating on my husband with him but I was seven months pregnant with my 5th child and he is six years younger than me. I knew I was married so I put those feelings on hold because even though I was going through foolishness in my relationship, I was trying to stay true to my wedding vows and make it work. He was the first guy that I ever had the urge to cheat on my husband with and that told me there was something seriously wrong in my relationship with my husband. I resisted the urge and tried to stay away from him. I stopped going to lunch with him and I stopped socializing with him outside of work. Even when I started having I still stayed away.

When I finally caught my husband cheating, all bets were off and I did approach him. He felt the same way and we've been together for six months now. We used to meet at his apartment or at hotels when I couldn't go that far but since my husband has moved out of the house we've been at my house when the kids aren't home or they are in bed because we aren't ready to go there with him meeting them yet. Do I regret it? No. Would I do it again? Yes. I probably just would have done it much sooner.

I had an affair. It tore my husband's heart up. Now, we are living apart and he wants a divorce. I pray that we don't. My suggestion to anyone is to really think about what's on the line. Nip it all in the bud!!! Even if your husband never finds out, you will always know what you've done and probably end up hating yourself for a long time. I cheated on him because I was needy and had a bad daddy complex.

Really brave of you to admit all that. Hope everything works out for the best for you xx

Thank you ladies for sharing.Its not brave your being real.I'm happy were going outside of the taboo nonesense..men do it all the time not saying it makes it any better but ladies must be real we are human too.I have only cheated on a fiance but I don't think that counts.

Back