Married ladies....Do you ever just want to be left alone?

6bysummer

I've been married 5 years now but lately I've been really feeling like I could do with some time alone... We are not having any 'problems', I've seen him every single day for the last 5 years and I feel like a couple of weeks away from DH might do me good...is this strange?

Op, what about a girls' night or even a girls' weekend? Or heck, just do a retreat by yourself.:yep;

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using LHCF

I am lucky that DH has a job that takes away from home. And since I am use to being alone, and love having time alone, this is good. And I am a newlywed :look:

I been married about a year. And yes, I need my me time too. I'm highly introverted and don't really talk much and he's kind of the opposite lol.

Oh GOD Yes...YES!! And he should take the boys with him!! Lol, very rarely will he do something with his family, and I'll stay home by myself...and it is just a slice of Heaven! Nothing is on...not the radio, nor the TV. Just silence....magical silence. No one yelling "Mom" every 5 seconds, and no one calling me and asking me some foolishness every other minute. I love my GNO's as well...we have one every 3 months.

Being a Wife & Mother is awesome, but I sure do miss the single life.

Yes. I need at least an hour of alone time every day or I feel... Overextended I guess. I chalk it up to being an only child.

Uh, Yes Lord! DH and DD are going to South Carolina for Thanksgiving to visit his family and I can't get off work :look: Is it wrong that I'm counting the days? I get so little time alone, that I treasure it!

I've been married almost 16 years BTW.

Yup! If I need a couple hours a day, I can certainly see how you'd need a couple weeks after 5 years. :yep:

Last edited:
I have to have me time. moreso from my kids than dh. I have my own interests and hobbies, I take girls trips and I go out with my friends weekly, dinner, movies, drinks. Pick up a hobby outside of him perhaps. Or don't do every single thing together. Like I see couples that even grocery ship together, I would die.

Sent from yacht with Beyonce & Blue

:lol: I was just thinking the other day, if I ever get married, this would be my biggest pet peeve. I don't like/love anyone enough that I wouldn't need a break from them. :look:

Ive observed that my friends who dont spend 24/7 with their Dh/kids are happiest. When I was at my friends bachlorette weekend she was constantly calling her fiancee and it got really annoying because shed get upset when he didnt call or text back right away :nono: Let him have his fun with his buddies and lets do us...please :look:

Last edited:
YUP!!! Fridays he's usually out with his friends and I'm either with one of my friends or home chillin'. I try to take a girls's weekend once a year. It's worked out well for 10 years. :grin:

Ive observed that my friends who dont spend 24/7 with their Dh/kids are happiest. When I was at my friends bachlorette weekend she was constantly calling her fiancee and it got really annoying because shed get upset when he didnt call or text back right away :nono: Let him has his fun with his buddies and lets do us...please :look:

You must mean me:look:

Yes!

I'm planning a weekend getaway for myself at the Gaylord Texan. No husbands or kids allowed! Just me and my ereader........

Sent from my SGPT12 using LHCF

I'm not married but a relative of mine told me that each spouse needs to have their alone time away from each other. Even if it's him watching football downstairs for a few hrs. It makes sense to me.

I'm not married but a relative of mine told me that each spouse needs to have their alone time away from each other. Even if it's him watching football downstairs for a few hrs. It makes sense to me.
This is DH and me. :yep: He has his area downstairs, I have my area upstairs, and that's where each of us hang out when we get home. We do eat dinner together and "visit" each other in our respective areas, but we definitely have fun entertaining ourselves alone.

I'm not married,but I recall asking the same question in Marriage RT.

My SO can be a lil stuffy sometimes, and I jus want to be alone, or with my girls :look: If marriage happens to come, weekly alone time is gonna be a must.

Back