Why Do You Want to Get Married?????

I think that most UNmarried folks have this romantic storybook picture of married life.. they know there will be ups and downs but still have this "it will be all worth it in the long run" mentality...

I think a lot of married folks know better and thus tell people to enjoy their singlehood... marriage means giving up a LOT and a lot of folks, despite loving their wife and kids, miss & need that missing part back

I celebrated my wedding Anniversary just yesterday... I got married simply because I got pregnant... and I didnt want to be a single mother by choice. I didnt want to be that example to my child. ( and yes, I know I just offended some folks but I cant think of any other way to say it)... I have regretted getting married MANY times but I also know I wasnt doing it just for ME

Today Ive grown and matured... I love and respect my husband a LOT more than I did when we got married.. I cant say I did when we got married, though at the time I thought I did...When we got married, he had a job, didnt cheat, didnt beat, was willing to marry me, wasnt bad looking, had a good personality and he made me toes curl nightly.... so I thoiught that was all I needed... Today I am totally engrossed by him and his being... I love his faults more than his goodness...

anyhoo, Would I do it over again.... Probably not because I had other options that couldve made my life a lot easier ( financially & otherwise) but at the same time I aint going nowhere and we are both in it for the long haul...... and he still makes my toes curl, though not nightly anymore

Thanks for your honesty!!!!!!!!!

Back