March 2016: Hits & Misses

Full on miss: I ordered a product from an esty shop on Feb 28 and now on March 12th, I still don't have my product. Last week when I asked the seller about my item, it took them a couple of days to respond (the response was filled with spelling errors) in which their reply said that they were relocating. In their shop, no where it was mentioned about relocating and shipping delay. I received a tracking number a couple days ago that usps has been electronically notified but obviously the owner has not shipped my item. If I don't see any movement by Monday night, I'm filling a dispute asap. Took my money right a way but want me to wait weeks for their item. :mad::mad::mad:

Major Hit: Mud Puddle Hair Wash. It's a bentonite clay wash without all the mess. It comes in both a bottle and container and had my hair squeaky clean and left my curls clumpy. I have no use for another hair cleanse or shampoo at this point. I had 3 weeks worth of product buildup (due to the use of oils) and it removed everything without the need to slather my entire hair continously.

Major Hit: #2: Komaza Protein Conditioner. I also found my staple protein treatment. It melted right into my hair and my curls are popping more than they usually pop. It also left my hair SUPER shiny. I love it!!!!

INSTANT STAPLE HIT: Shea Moisture High Porosity Mask :circle:
All I have to say is @AgeinATL , please go get chu some.
You don't need a whole lot. I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes. Upon rinsing I heard angels singing. I had to keep rinsing because I didn't think it was all out. My hair was just that soft and supple.
Shea Moisture outdid themselves this time for real. I could not keep my hands out of my hair. It was soft and smooth. I'm going to get a couple more jars before they switch up the formula. The ACV definitely had my little coils poppin.
I'm so happy to have now 2 OTG DCs. More to come as I dig through this stash.

Oh, I got so carried away with the mask, I forgot to finish posting :lachen:.
Hit: Shea Moisture High Po Poo
Soft clean hair. I could definitely add to the staples list.
On the fence: Shea Moisture Multivitamin Detangler
This went on okay. I wasn't impressed because I like thicker, creamier leave ins/stylers but it will probably work better on damp/dry hair as a refresher.

You don't need a whole lot. I sat under the dryer for 30 minutes. Upon rinsing I heard angels singing. I had to keep rinsing because I didn't think it was all out. My hair was just that soft and supple.
Shea Moisture outdid themselves this time for real. I could not keep my hands out of my hair. It was soft and smooth. I'm going to get a couple more jars before they switch up the formula. The ACV definitely had my little coils poppin.

Angels singing!?!? That's all I needed to hear...
Let me go ahead and pick up a jar :roadrunner:

Thank you for the review sis!!

Major Hit:
Alikay Natural's Curling Custard!!! Paired with Knot Today, this has given me the softest, most enduring wash n' go ever!!! Going on three days now. No flakes. No crunch. I'm tearing up...!

Does the curling custard have a gel-like feel to it or is it more of a petroleum jelly feel?

I loved as well. The shampoo is great. My hair is clean and soft. Better than cowash. The masque was great too. The cheap cologne smell is my only complaint but it doesn't bother me enough not to buy.

Hit: Nexxus Humectress Replenishing Conditioner

It may not be a staple but I like it. It's a tad heavier than I want it to be but my hair is still shiny and soft 2 days later. I like it very much but my hair has a little less "movement" when I use it as opposed to other conditioners I like better. Still very good though.

Miss:

The Shea Moisture Shea and Cupuacu deep conditioner
The consistency is a lot thinner than other SM masks. It is loose and emulsifies to almost nothing when you rub it on the hair. It disappears not necessarily because it has sunk into the hair but because it is so thin in consistency. The consistency reminds me of a hair lotion. After I rinsed, my hair felt like I had done nothing at all. No softness, moisture or manageability. In my opinion, this is not for those of us with course, dry, thick strands. I love the smell although I wish it wasn't so loud and I love the beautiful packaging. It had a little slip, but not much. I will be returning this and eventually picking up the High Porosity Mask.

I honestly think this would work better for someone that doesn't have course strands, my relaxed sistas, or someone with LP hair (without the course strands).

@NaturallyATLPCH Not sure if you were looking to try this one, but I would skip it. I was not even remotely impressed.

@rileypak

Have you tried the reformulated Shea What Deux yet? I have tried it, but curious about your thoughts on it. I want to finish out the jar before posting a complete review.

Not yet and it may be a while before I get to it. I'm trying my best to knock out a lot of older products in the stash before I touch my 2016 purchases.

But now I'm curious what your thoughts are....:scratchchin:

Miss:

The Shea Moisture Shea and Cupuacu deep conditioner
The consistency is a lot thinner than other SM masks. It is loose and emulsifies to almost nothing when you rub it on the hair. It disappears not necessarily because it has sunk into the hair but because it is so thin in consistency. The consistency reminds me of a hair lotion. After I rinsed, my hair felt like I had done nothing at all. No softness, moisture or manageability. In my opinion, this is not for those of us with course, dry, thick strands. I love the smell although I wish it wasn't so loud and I love the beautiful packaging. It had a little slip, but not much. I will be returning this and eventually picking up the High Porosity Mask.

I honestly think this would work better for someone that doesn't have course strands, my relaxed sistas, or someone with LP hair (without the course strands).

@NaturallyATLPCH Not sure if you were looking to try this one, but I would skip it. I was not even remotely impressed.

Thanks for this review. This one actually did not peak my interest and since the High Po mask has totally blown me away, I definitely don't want to try it now :lachen:@AgeinATL ...

Tentative Hits

High Porosity Moisture Seal Styling Gel- unraveled two twists and retwisted with this. This morning the twists were plump, moist and slightly sheeny. I cant wait for this weekend to use the deep conditioner, cowash and gel
Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Cleansing Oil- didnt burn my skin, foamed nicely when water hit my face and cleaned the skin

Miss
Peace Rose Oil Complex Sensitive Skin Cleansing Oil- smells like old women rose perfume with a mothball undertone... or maybe its me flashing back to playing with my nanas Jean Nate and Rose perfumes, lol

Not yet and it may be a while before I get to it. I'm trying my best to knock out a lot of older products in the stash before I touch my 2016 purchases.

But now I'm curious what your thoughts are....:scratchchin:

It is DEFINITELY different. A different consistency and texture. Not as thick and 'paste-like' as the original. Still trying to decide if I like it or not.

@flyygirlll2 Tagging you as well since you didn't have much luck with the original. You MAY like this version better.

Will update you ladies once I try it a few more times.

Instant hit: Honey's Handmade mango and monoi deep conditioner. I wish the fragrance was a bit stronger, but it does smell nice. I was left with soft, moisturized hair. My hair didn't feel coated or anything. It was everything a dc should be. And my tangles melted like butter even though I didn't use much. It has holy grail potential but...

Miss: The darn dc is $19 for an 8oz bottle. I'm heavy handed with products. We'll see how long this bottle lasts. That will determine if it hits HG status. I'll be watching for another bogo or a good sale

Hit: Soultanicals Afrotastic Deep Conditioner
I love this DC!! The moisture is extremely long lasting. I washed my hair on Friday and didnt moisturize until Thursday! It is great to use after a protein treatment and awesome layered with Curl Junkie Rehab. Also, a little goes a long way. I've usedmy 8oz jar 4 times and I'm only halfway through it.

Back