*~*~lhcf Black Love Connection*~*~

Wow! They are educated and professional brothers! That is just awesome. I would like to subscribe and keep an eye on this dread! Maybe I can find Mr. Right!!!

I think any woman who would set you up with any man they know after this stunt would be nutso its a facto.

The bolded is kinda a strong statement, but everyone has their opinion. She didn't know him anyway.

Sorry things didn't work out, but don't feel discourage by the prior situation, your future SO might still be in this thread. Are still increasing your chances on match.com or eharmony?

I am on match.com, but I think most ppl on that site are not paying members so all they can do is send "winks."

Wow, did you need to put the brother on e-blast?:ohwell:

Honestly, I don't think that dude is suffering off so-so comments made in a private LHCF forum. If he cared what we think I"m sure he would behave more cautiously... There's no real rules in this thread, when it comes to romantic interactions you never know what can happen, I thought anyone posting a man in this thread knew that.

ETA: Plus, no matter how much you think you know a person, you can't absolutely vouch for their dating behaviors.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't think that dude is suffering off so-so comments made in a private LHCF forum. If he cared what we think I"m sure he would behave more cautiously... There's no real rules in this thread, when it comes to romantic interactions you never know what can happen, I thought anyone posting a man in this thread knew that.

ETA: Plus, no matter how much you think you know a person, you can't absolutely vouch for their dating behaviors.

1st Bold, Keep in mind none of us were there, so to vouch either way or the other is premature. I don't see meeting someone out of this thread any different if the women met the men on the street. Sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't you just move on. Also this forum is only semi private, because anyone with 6.50 can join.

@ 2nd bold, I agree, however this goes both ways.

I would think that's a given. Just b/c he's your ace boon doesn't mean you know his dating style. Also when you watch "love connection" and they tell you how the date went do they only tell you the positive or all sides??

Let's not create fantasies ladies, we're all grown and should already understand that one set of people's experience may be different from another set of people. Why do we need to be sold a dream?

1st Bold, Keep in mind none of us were there, so to vouch either way or the other is premature. I don't see meeting someone out of this thread any different if the women met the men on the street. Sometimes it works out, other times it doesn't you just move on. Also this forum is only semi private, because anyone with 6.50 can join.

@ 2nd bold, I agree, however this goes both ways.

I agree with likewtr4chklit, the real question is - if someone has a bad experience should they not say anything?

I agree with likewtr4chklit, the real question is - if someone has a bad experience should they not say anything?

I think that they should say something - just leaving it at 'a bad experience' gives too much room for imaginations and speculations to run wild. :ohwell:

Yes they should say something, but sometimes, it can be just a personality conflict. I see things completely different and that is why we are all different people :) Unless he was abrasive rude then that should be expressed, but what she is will to put up with another woman may not mind. I think her intial post is fine, but going in two more times after that was too much. I am sure if someone wanted the dish, they know where to reach her after her first post and vice versa. The second and thrid post were sharpening an already fine point that they were mis-matched, imo.

Anyway, I will excuse myself from this part of the discusssion at that point. :)

Last edited:
Where are all the LHCF matchmakers? Its been kind of dry these past few days with eligible bachelors. I'm still waiting on one in the NY tri-state area :sekret:

*Editing in the name of Positivity LOL, nothing too crazy/serious happened anyway.

LOL... you didn't have to edit. Was he in town specifically to see you and got flakey or was he in town handling business and time prohibited him from making it a reality? Has he tried to contact you since his departure or did he just stop contacting you all together? Did he apologize that he didn't have the time or offer up an explanation as to why he couldn't find time to meet up despite his best efforts? Is he familiar enough with the city to determine a location? Did you ever suggest a time and place? I'm playing devils advocate and just asking questions.

For folks that asked about her original post the deal was that dude was in her city and was calling/texting her about wanting to see her and hang out. He never nailed down an actual day or time for them to get together. She said they talked/texted all the time but when he got to her city seemed flakey, which is the reason for my line of questioning and why my response was, "well, damn."

I do want positivity in this thread, and while some experiences will be wonderful and develop into friendships or relationships and possibly marriage, others will fall by the wayside and those encounters are welcome as well. ETA: Every good man is not for every good woman. It's unfortunate that this didn't work out.

Last edited:
ooh, thank you TeeWhyAre for summarizing that.. Ugh, I be hatin' when I miss an editted post.. :lol:..
and sorry 'bout that BrownEyes22.. that sucks.. only thing i can think of is maybe he got scared and/or nervous.. but, at least it was a close one, and i liked that you kept us updated on everything. :grin:

I think ppl. can say they had a not so good experience without naming names, there is a proper way to do things *shrugs*

LOL... you didn't have to edit. Was he in town specifically to see you and got flakey or was he in town handling business and time prohibited him from making it a reality? He made plans to come to Houston prior to our introduction, it was not business, but to hang out with friends he has here. He was really looking forward to good food LOL.

Has he tried to contact you since his departure or did he just stop contacting you all together? He tried to contact me on the day he was leaving and we talked on IM when he made it home.

Did he apologize that he didn't have the time or offer up an explanation as to why he couldn't find time to meet up despite his best efforts? Hmmm, he might've apologized, I'm not sure. No specific explanation was given.

Is he familiar enough with the city to determine a location? I think so, this was not his first visit. His hotel was really centrally located and not far from my job or places where I was hanging out at during last weekend.

Did you ever suggest a time and place? I gave some idea's before he arrived, but when he arrived I did not say hey lets meet at X (except for Thursday). I'm playing devils advocate and just asking questions.

For folks that asked about her original post the deal was that dude was in her city and was calling/texting her about wanting to see her and hang out. He never nailed down an actual day or time for them to get together. She said they talked/texted all the time but when he got to her city seemed flakey, which is the reason for my line of questioning and why my response was, "well, damn." He texted me/called for the entire 4 days he was here, that's what I thought was weird.

I do want positivity in this thread, and while some experiences will be wonderful and develop into friendships or relationships and possibly marriage, others will fall by the wayside and those encounters are welcome as well. ETA: Every good man is not for every good woman. It's unfortunate that this didn't work out.
I just was annoyed at all the messages and calls he was making as if he was interested in meeting (throughout the whole weekend). And he kept updating me on what he was doing and asking what/where I was (I'm at the movies & your right Eli is good, ohh I didn't like that mexican place last night, I think were headed to a lounge downtown, ohh there's a big bug in my hotel room LOL) it was just weirdness.

If ur schedule was too full, just say I am busy and will not be able to meet you as I originally thought, that would've been cool.

There's some answers in bold.

Edit to add: That man was not anyone's friend, brother, classmate, cousin or anything. The lady that posted him, picked him from match.com (where I ignored his original messages).

Last edited:
I just was annoyed at all the messages and calls he was making as if he was interested in meeting (throughout the whole weekend). And he kept updating me on what he was doing and asking what/where I was (I'm at the movies & your right Eli is good, ohh I didn't like that mexican place last night, I think were headed to a lounge downtown, ohh there's a big bug in my hotel room LOL) it was just weirdness.

If ur schedule was too full, just say I am busy and will not be able to meet you as I originally thought, that would've been cool.

100% Agree with you on this one.

Edit to add: That man was not anyone's friend, brother, classmate, cousin or anything. The lady that posted him, picked him from match.com (where I ignored his original messages).

to quote the ghetto poet, gucci, "well, dayum."

Wow! I thought the poster who put him up on here knew him in real life. I think I'm just going to be on lurker mode in here. :perplexed

Hmmm I think I am a tad bit confused. Are folks just finding randoms on various dating sites and posting them here?? Is this thread like the google of dating sites? I'm just curious.

Hmmm I think I am a tad bit confused. Are folks just finding randoms on various dating sites and posting them here?? Is this thread like the google of dating sites? I'm just curious.

I didnt know this either I thought pple were posting friends and family members i.e. pple they know in real life and can vouch for their mental state of mind lol. Hence my post in the random thoughts thread about the person who posted him here i.e. she might feel bad that her friend/family member is being talked about like that etc

I don't think most ppl are, I think the lady that posted those guy's was just being creative in trying to find Bachelor's. I only mentioned it because a couple of poster's back commented to the effect of just because he's your friend/associate doesn't mean you can vouch for him/or that things will go well.

Someone post a new Bachelor/or a update, I really liked this thread and would like to see it continue on.

As per LHCF fashion this thread turned from something wonderful to something dreadful. I hope it turns right side up again....

Also, I think some posters are having good experiences and just don't want to post. And for good reason I see....

The men I've posted are men I know personally. I've been in the same room and hung out with these men and I know rastafarai knows her men as well.

I feel horrible that that happened to her.

troll alert--someone needs a hug--and prob a man too...lmaoooo

aw come on now. this is bound to get an inflammatory response. meanwhile, i'm not trying to get at you, perfect28. i just don't want us to get this thread locked! it's such a great thread with great possibilities.

Ok so generally these are men yall know. Cool, wasn't sure.

I really wish I knew some bachelors, but IMO my male friends are too young (early 20's).

I can vouch that the person that I posted is someone I know. I don't want to get in the business of the person that he may have connected with because, in reality, its their business. If she wants to update , that's on her, but I am not going to do that for her.

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you. Out of the five that I posted, #2 and #5 were men that contacted me last year from Match (I'll edit their posts to reflect that). I had a couple chat sessions with them, but I wasn't interested so it didn't progress any further.

When I saw this thread, I contacted them and some others that I chatted with in the past and thought it would be cool to see if they were still single and interested. I asked if it were ok to post their info on here, and they both agreed. Once again, I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

Last edited:
Back