Ladies involved with white men, do they "get" racism?

The white men that I've dated have never really understood racism (one called me after Obama was elected and triumphantly declared that he was right, I was wrong, and there was no such thing as racism in the U.S. anymore :rolleyes: ).
Strangely enough, I dated a Mexican guy once that 'got' racism when it was directed at other Mexican people, but swore up and down I didn't know what I was talking about when it came to any other racial group (racism against black people, asian people, whatever, if they weren't Mexican... none of it was real :rolleyes: )
My current boyfriend isn't white, he's Indian, but he sees more racism directed at black people than I do. I think it's because he almost exclusively dates black women, so he's more sensitive to it.

This is why I would NEVER date an Anglo man.
I am VERY racial.
Sorry, my love stems from compatiblility.
If I can't relate my culture, ancestral experiences, and systemic external situations with you, we just can't date.
Sorry.

I wouldn't simply because I think a white person dating anyone would gain a lot more attention and dissatisfaction than two non-whites dating interracially.

They will NEVER get, I don't care how many books they read or how many incidents of blatant racism they see, they will never get it. The way the world is constructed, from a social status standpoint, they are at the top and as a whole including the women have he least socially accepted racial stereotypes against them.

It's difficult to verbalized things that you have to experience. To me it would be he equivalent of a woman trying to explain to a man what child birth is like.
Acknowledging that "others" have issues is important, but I don't see how they can fully understand somehing that has to be experienced.

IME, white men have the capacity to "get" racism in the same way black men have the capacity to "get" sexism; it all depends on the person.

:yep: White people in general, not just white men, will most likely never "get" racism, just like black men, and men in general, will never "get" sexism

Back