Joico users - my first...........

mariofmagdal

time purchasing, mainly because it was on sale. I got 3 products, Moisture Recovery - Treatment Balm, K-Pak -reconstruct, Daily Care-Leave in Detangler......

What can my hair expect?

I want to use the daily care on my daughter, do you think it's too strong?

I spent $48, I hope I won't regret it. :perplexed

I wanna know too. I used the kpak reconstructor and moisturizing treatment yesterday. I thought it was okay but I wasnt wowed!!!

You rang?? just kidding.

I LOVE Joico! Your hair is going to get really thick and have some nice weight to it. My hair has significantly changed since I have been using it.

I have not, however, used the detangler. I just may have to go out and buy some today.

You really MUST use the entire line. My hair took off when I started using the 17 Minute Miracle line.

So I should invest in the Shampoo and other Conditioners as well?

Can you please list a good combo of products/the ones you have had success with.

Thanks for your input.

I think it depends on if you need moisture vs protein. The kpack line seems to be more for damaged or thin/fine hair. The 17 minute one has a chelating shampoo, cuticle sealer, kpac reconstructor, and moisture recovery treatment balm. Sounds like you have most of this. Give it some time nothing works in one treatment. Try what you have and add other Joico or your other favorite products.

I also have and use the K-Pak, the Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm and the Intense Hydration. In fact, I always reach for the K-Pak after self-relaxing. It is my choice (Go To) protein treatment after rinsing and before neutralizing. I think you will really enjoy these products. Actually, I like everything I have tried:yep:

Yes, You must provide updates.:grin:

I can tell you with the K-Pac reconstuctor, it will really strenghthen your hair but you have to use a moisturizing condish' afterwards (I'm sure you know that though).

The moisture recovey balm is extremly thick and heavy, I recommend using it sparingly. It's very moisturizing though.

I've never used the detangler.

I would also suggest the K-Pac daily conditoner as well, it worked wonders for my hair. It makes it so soft and silky, it's unreal.

The Silk results line is awesome as well and it does exactly what it says it will do!

Joico has the best conditioners ever! I think elucence has the best shampoo.

Anyway, your hair is gonna love joico! My hair is so much softer and stronger because of this line. I wish I had found joico before my pj ism. LOL

So I should invest in the Shampoo and other Conditioners as well?

Can you please list a good combo of products/the ones you have had success with.

Thanks for your input.

I apologize for getting back to you so late. I use the K-Pak shampoo, Cuticle Sealer, K-pak reconstructor, K-Pak Intense Hydrator, and Joico Split End Mender. I use this every Monday.

On Wednesday and Friday I use the Moisture Recovery shampoo and Conditioner.

I just recently added the Chelating shampoo to my Monday regime and WOWOWOW is all that I have to say.

Now that I added Mizani night-time intense, my regime is complete and
I... am ... NOT ... changing (trying to convice pj myself)

This is really working. In the first picture in my siggy, I had just discovered Joico. It took about 5 months to see a HUGE difference.

I would give it about 6 weeks and you WILL see a difference.

Sorry so long and HTH.

Hey Ladies!!

I just bought the K-pak reconstructor and used it for the first time last week. You know the ad with the hair around the hand like a rope? that's how my hair felt! strong!!

I didn't know i was supposed to use moisture after. I did a deep conditioning 2 days later and my hair feels great!

i really like this product. Question:

Would you say Kpak is equivalent of Aphogee 2 min reconstructor or the damaged hair?

TIA

Thank you taz007, your info is very informative. I am going to try it and see what happens.

Oh well, too many things on my plate, started watching TV and did not wash hair. I am going to do it later in the AM though. I will update once I try it out.

Thanks ladies!

Hey Ladies!!

I just bought the K-pak reconstructor and used it for the first time last week. You know the ad with the hair around the hand like a rope? that's how my hair felt! strong!!

I didn't know i was supposed to use moisture after. I did a deep conditioning 2 days later and my hair feels great!

i really like this product. Question:

Would you say Kpak is equivalent of Aphogee 2 min reconstructor or the damaged hair?

TIA

I think joico reconstructor and aphogee 2 min are def comparable. Not the 2-step though.

I can tell you with the K-Pac reconstuctor, it will really strenghthen your hair but you have to use a moisturizing condish' afterwards (I'm sure you know that though).

The moisture recovey balm is extremly thick and heavy, I recommend using it sparingly. It's very moisturizing though.

I've never used the detangler.

I would also suggest the K-Pac daily conditoner as well, it worked wonders for my hair. It makes it so soft and silky, it's unreal.
The Silk results line is awesome as well and it does exactly what it says it will do!

I had to come in here on that note.

Let the church say *Amen*

That conditioner is some of my favorite stuff on earth. 3-4 minutes with it on and you are in heaven. You don't need anything else but some leave in and your hair will be swangin.

To the OP:

Joico helped give me my hair back. The kpak line as a whole saved my life, especially the shampoo and daily conditioner. I used it exclusively for a while just adding in additional protein treatment with Dudleys DRC. The daily conditioner gives your hair great moisture and strength and the reconstuctors and kpak moisture treatment help tailor that effect.

That conditioner is some of my favorite stuff on earth. 3-4 minutes with it on and you are in heaven. You don't need anything else but some leave in and your hair will be swangin.

To the OP:

Joico helped give me my hair back. The kpak line as a whole saved my life, especially the shampoo and daily conditioner. I used it exclusively for a while just adding in additional protein treatment with Dudleys DRC. The daily conditioner gives your hair great moisture and strength and the reconstuctors and kpak moisture treatment help tailor that effect.

LMBO! :lachen: It really is that serious though. :grin:

To the OP:

Uggh. I am off to go buy me some daily conditioner :roadrunner:

Is the daily conditioner the detangler?

Last edited:
I find the mositure line from Joico doesn't clean my hair/scalp well so I retired it from my product line. The K pak is amazing, particularly the Intense Hydrator (not to be used EVERY DAY as it can cause over moisturizing) and the rest of the products in K pak are great.

I decided not to use the shampoos but the moisture recovery balm is a big staple. You will be happy with this one.

I'm planning on using my k pak hydrator soon. I'm sure it's going to be a hit.

BTW...I use the Kpak shampoo as my neutralizing poo when I relax. I also sometimes use the reconstructor as my mid protein and the intense hydrator afterwards.

I absolutely LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEEEEE JOICO! It brings me JOI every time I use it :grin: . I have fine natural hair and use the Moisture Recovery & K-Pak shampoos and conditioners. I want to branch out and try their other products because like Taz, I have seen a substantial difference in the strength of my hair when used consistently. My hair is more moisture sensitive so the K-pak offers the perfect balance for me

The Moisture Recovery conditioner is just OK to me. Won't be repurchasing. There are much better moisture conditioners out there that are cheaper.
I also have the KPak liquid reconstructor, still havent figured out how often to use it but I like it.

When all my products run low or are done I will give this line a try. I have heard too many great things.

yeah the regular moisture recovery conditioner is okay compared to my other staples but the moisture recovery balm is 'it'. I love that stuff.

Back