Joico users - my first...........

I also have the KPak liquid reconstructor, still havent figured out how often to use it but I like it.

Do9nt know how to use it either. majority of my leave-ins have protein so I always feel like im overdoing protein when I use the KPak liquid reconstructor plus my leave-ins. Anyone have an opinions about this?

I made a thread about it. Lots of ladies use it once a week. My issue is I co-wash daily... so I'm not sure if I use it today then co-wash tomorrow, am I still getting the benefit...

I just tried the Joico Daily Conditioner and ....

I am in heaven :love:. My braidout was fierce today!

Thank you ladies!

Okay. Okay. I should have stayed out of this Thread. Now I must Look Into the Daily Conditioner:love:

I have been very pleased with the Joico Products I currently own. i.e. Moisture Recovery Treatment & Balm, Intense Hydrator and the K-Pak.
Even if they don't make it in my rotation as often as they probably "should" :look: They are still very good products.

I will use them next wash day.

I like the daily detangler leave in on my daughters hair. I put the daily conditioner on her hair tonight before putting on her silk cap. I like the results on her so far. I am going to try it under my Moisture Scarf tonight and see what happens in AM. I am excited about this, thanks ladies!

I am a huge Joico fan. I use the color shampoo/conditioner and the spray on my hair. I use the Moisture Recovery shampoo/conditioner and moisture balm on my daughter's hair. I also use the blow dry cream on her hair whenever I blow dry it. I have some sample K-paks but am not sure how to use those products.

I like the daily detangler leave in on my daughters hair. I put the daily conditioner on her hair tonight before putting on her silk cap. I like the results on her so far. I am going to try it under my Moisture Scarf tonight and see what happens in AM. I am excited about this, thanks ladies!

Wha, wha??? Moisture Scarf? What is that, lady???!!

... and why is it not in my life???!! :look:

Last edited:
Wha, wha??? Moisture Scarf? What is that, lady???!!

... and why is it not in my life???!! :look:

A triangle head scarf, satin with a plastic lining. It is the best. Can be found at your local beauty supply store. I don't have a package in front of me, I am not at home so I cannot give you more details, but I got it in the head coverings section of my local BSS. Their main feature on the package label will say "moisture". My hair loves it!

It's great for baggying,

Finally tried all my products, except the spray detangler, not sure if I will. I love what it does for my daughter though.

You ladies were right. I am in love. I love the shine that came along with it. Wow, next question, can I afford to stick with it? :blush: I think I am heavy handed and then there's the length of my hair. Seemed to use quite a bit. :nono:

Thanks to being in & out of this thread:wallbash::wallbash:

I ended up buying the Joico K-Pak Daily Reconstructor and the Daily Care Moisturizer for Dry Hair.:yep: I knew it was "daily" something, but couldn't remember which....so I got them both. I'm sure I will get use out of both items.

I know I won't used the Daily Reconstructor "daily" because I already use quite a bit of protein treatments. But the Daily Care Moisturizer for Dry Hair sounds like something I definitely need in my life.:blush:

*backs out of thread slowly.....this is the last time I'm coming Up in here*:rolleyes:

I like the K pak better than Aphoghee reconstructor. I was overwhelmed two days ago when I found a sample of the moisture recovery balm I bought last month. It's soooo thick and luscious- so, I let it set about 5-10 minutes under a plastic bag (after using Joico Kpak poo and reconstructor plus the Intense Hydrator) and I tell you this coarse hair of mine doesn't bow down to too many conditioners but, my results were one in a million for me! I love Joico!

Thanks to being in & out of this thread:wallbash::wallbash:

I ended up buying the Joico K-Pak Daily Reconstructor and the Daily Care Moisturizer for Dry Hair.:yep: I knew it was "daily" something, but couldn't remember which....so I got them both. I'm sure I will get use out of both items.

I know I won't used the Daily Reconstructor "daily" because I already use quite a bit of protein treatments. But the Daily Care Moisturizer for Dry Hair sounds like something I definitely need in my life.:blush:

*backs out of thread slowly.....this is the last time I'm coming Up in here*:rolleyes:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Sure .... You'll be back :lachen:

You can not go wrong with Phyto and Joico! I have a new head of hair!

I used the Daily Care Moisturizer with my whole head baggy last night. My hair loves it! I may have to go for broke with this one, or make a new budget including JOICO for me and my daughter! :grin:

I used the Daily Care Moisturizer with my whole head baggy last night. My hair loves it! I may have to go for broke with this one, or make a new budget including JOICO for me and my daughter! :grin:

I didn't know you bought this one too! ?????:look: So.......exactly what all did you buy???:grin:

For Some Reason, Everytime it seems like the list keeps getting longer.:lachen:

I didn't know you bought this one too! ?????:look: So.......exactly what all did you buy???:grin:

I know right! List just keeps growing, but I can't afford anymore of this. Sad to admit, I AM LOVING IT!

I have:
Joico Daily Care Moisturizer (discovered this in this thread)
Joico Daily Care Leave In Detangler
Joico Moisture Recovery treatment Balm
Joico K-Pak Reconstuct

I wanted to try the shampoo, but I can't see spending that money, I have too many other products that work just fine, curiosity killed the cat here, but I have survived the recession so far, can't let JOICO send me to the poor house! :blush:

Last edited:
Bumping again!

For Joico virgins, what would you ladies recommend if I want my regimen to be based on Joici? I have fine relaxed hair.

Thanks!

You have so many "Options" I would suggest that you evaluate what it is your Hair Needs and what are your Hair Goals. Are you looking for more Protein, more Moisture etc...You have a nice variety of product to choose from.:yep:

I currently have: The K-Pak and also the Moisture Recovery Lines. I am trying to keep my Protein & Moisture in Balance. So that's why I chose to start with products from those 2 Lines.

But at some point will introduce the Body Luxe and the Silk Results into my rotation. However, currently I don't use Joico Exclusively.

The Body Luxe and Silk Results offer additional conditioning properties. So that's why I would suggest determining what your expectations are for your products.:yep:

Bumping again!

For Joico virgins, what would you ladies recommend if I want my regimen to be based on Joici? I have fine relaxed hair.

Thanks!

Okay seeing that you indicated that your hair is fine, I would definitely purchase the K-Pak line and the Body Luxe line. Gymfreak also swears by the Daily Care Conditioner which softens her hair and makes her new growth very manageable. Be sure to get the K-Pak chelating poo, reconstructing poo and conditioner, the reconstructing treatment. These ones I would try first.

In all frankness, I believe the entire Joico line is hugely beneficial but your hair is fine so start with the recommended above.

I like the K pak better than Aphoghee reconstructor. I was overwhelmed two days ago when I found a sample of the moisture recovery balm I bought last month. It's soooo thick and luscious- so, I let it set about 5-10 minutes under a plastic bag (after using Joico Kpak poo and reconstructor plus the Intense Hydrator) and I tell you this coarse hair of mine doesn't bow down to too many conditioners but, my results were one in a million for me! I love Joico!

Wow Cookie1, I love this review. You make me want to go out and buy that Intense Hydrator right now. I just might anyway because I do want to stock up on all of Joico's conditioners for my hair type and texture of course.

I started out with the K-Pak line and was hooked!

I have all of their products I believe and here is how I use them:

Every Monday is use the K-Pak Line (recommended for damaged hair or if you use heat frequently)

Every Wed and Fri is either use the Moisture Recovery or Body Luxe (depends on my hair needs). Although, I may have to use the Body Luxe sparingly 'cause it makes my already thick hair EXTREMELY thick a la Chaka Khan!

I use the Silk Result after using my Henna\Indigo mix. Otherwise it makes my hair too straight.

If I were to make a recommendation, I would start out with the K-Pak line. Can't go wrong with that one.
HTH.

Last edited:
Wow Cookie1, I love this review. You make me want to go out and buy that Intense Hydrator right now. I just might anyway because I do want to stock up on all of Joico's conditioners for my hair type and texture of course.

I Second on the Intense Hydrator. Good Stuff !:lick: Yeah....Another Joico Must Have.:look:

I can totally agree with you here Terri. I only wanted the k-pak (have the poo and conditioner) and moisture recovery initially, but now I want the body luxe, intense hydrator, silk results conditioner (has the poo already), color endure (have both poo and conditioner), daily care moisturizing conditioner and the serum. This list really is getting wayyy too long:nono:. I can assure you I will be getting the body luxe soon.

Back