JEWISH MEN

Ever dated a Jewish Man?

• YES

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • NO

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters
Sure. Evan was a very nice guy, he gave me my first Tiffany's piece,flowers at my door step when I arrived at home, never forgot a birthday, Valentines or anniversary but I was able to control him and that's a no-no for me. I also did not like the way he allowed his younger brother to call the shots in his life. Times:sekret: [ Don't tell my Sugah!} I still miss his spontaneous.."OK..let's do that" go any where attitude.

Last edited:
PME_LADY said:
Now to answer your question, yes indeed I have in the past and we are still good friends today. I did not find him to be frugal with money as the stereotype about them goes, but I find that they do not like to waste money. They find absolutely nothing wrong with spending $300 to advance themselves educationally. But they would be hard pressed to spend $150 for say a pair of jeans. During our relationship, he showered me with gifts and paid for EVERYTHING. But if there was something I wanted and he could not see the economics of it, he would definitely try to talk me out of it.

I have always been amazed at the Jewish stereotype of stingyness and frugality when you look at all the countless donations they have made to science, arts, culture and social causes.

This has been my experience as well. :yep:

imstush said:
Out of curiosity, he's jewish and an atheist? Is that even possible?

Really? I alwasy thought they are strictly into finding Jewish wives. I actually saw a Hasidic Jew with a black woman the other day, and I couldn't stop staring. They were extremely cute though they kept smiling and kissing each other, like two teenagers.

Okay.....Now I've heard it all. The world is definitely changing.

Yes and it was scary! He had a strong Black girl fetish and would say things like "I just want to feel my White skin next to yours" and talk about mixed children and was just very aggressive! He felt that because he was rich that he could basically buy my affection and parade me around like some little trophy girlfriend. This was when I was in my early 20's. That was the first and last time :nono:

HoneyDew said:
Girl, I have a friend (not the Jewish guy I dated) who is a Jewish atheist. But his Jewishness is all in his heritage and not religion. But his parents were not atheist and tried to instill some sense of spirituality in him - something went wrong I guess. He is an atheist and his sister married and became a Christan.
Yeah, a lot of people don't understand there is a religion and an ethnicity.
I knew a girl who was Russian/Jewish. She didn't know a thing about the religion because she was not of that faith, she was Russian Orthodox.

They are very different but its hard to understand unless you are around Jewish ppl in general..but the ladies touched on very interesting/valid characteristics about some Jewish men not all...since each persons EXP IS DIF

klb120475 said:
I'm sorry, I just don't understand the difference in a Jewish man vs dating any other man?:confused:

Last edited:
BAP28 said:
They r every different but its hard to understand unless you are around jewish ppl in general..but the ladies touched on very interesting/valid characteristics aboUT some Jewish men not all...since each persons EXP IS DIF

Aw, okay. :)

Um, I dated a Jewish BOY(late teens) .....we were close thru college but fell out of touch.

(I really find the religion beautiful, there is alot I identify with)

Oh, and he is NOT white, either.......

The first date I ever went on was with a Jewish guy (mid-twenties) who was in school at the time and is a psychiatrist now. I was 17 and kept in touch with him through college. The reason it didn't work was because #1 I was too young, hello. #2 he asked me to marry him my freshman year of college. :nono: I was just interested in 'dating' he wanted 'a wife.' And he ended up getting her too (off topic but she is asian, btw). I attended their wedding. Very nice guy, met my parents, very sweet, he just wasn't for me.

I didn't see any of the stereotypes mentioned in this thread though.

Now those of you ladies that live in Michigan, more like Detroit area must have seen the newscast of the Jewish guy that was hitting on all black women. HAHAHA. He loved him some 'Jungle Bunnies w/big booties.' He told one girl that you never had a real man until you've had a jew. I cracked up sooooo much. hahahahaha. He was a racist man against blacks but yet loved to be with black women.

I'm from New Orleans, I never really knew
what Jewish was until High School and even
then I never met any Jewish people until
I got to Miami. He's very paranoid...
especially about money and I know this
is bad but I just learned from a friend
from New York that Jewish people in
general are very frugal and paranoid
about people taking stuff from them.
I sensed that before I even knew this
stereotype... I hate to generalize, but
is that what your Jewish friend was like?
Then where did the term JAP (Jewish American Princess) come from? I have a fair amount of Jewish friends, and I find that some are very interested in being with only Jewish people. Others don’t care. And I can’t think of too many of my Jewish friends that are frugal, especially not the girls. Those bat mitzvah’s looked like they belonged on MTV’s Sweet 16. Some of my friend’s parents are frugal (i.e. one friend that I grew up with—her dad is a multimillionaire. They have 2 vacation homes, he owns his own biotech company and his own parents were wealthy—kept his volvo station wagon for like 20 years. Only to replace it with another volvo station wagon:lol:). But I don’t hate, b/c I know black people and people of other races who are like this too!

I’ve never dated a Jewish guy, but I’ve been hit on by them (I guess due to being around some of them, they were my friends and wanted more). I say don’t knock it till you try it!

I'm very curious about this thread.... when we are using the word "Jews" are we referring to Hacidic Jews? The word Jew gets thrown around a great deal :ohwell:

My ex-husband is Jewish... that's all I'll say. :ohwell:

OK, I will mention that I've dated neurotic, insecure, tantrum-throwing, drama-driven manbabies in the past. They span all races, creeds, colors and ethnicities. No one corners the market on that.

wow...dated many & was married to one. I am Jewish but no longer orthodox/orthoprax ( i wouldn't be online right now during Shabbat or married to my Muslim husband lol).

I didn't try to avoid a Jewish guy this time(I almost married another before I met dh), anymore than I tried to avoid a brown/black man. My notion of G-d just got bigger than what I used to believe and the old rules & restrictions didn't fit anymore.

Like other traits, I think paranoid and stingy comes in every group.. I've dated some Jewish guys that were generous, tight, sexy, nebbish, stinky, clean, spiritual or deeply religious, agnostic, broke, rich, white-looking, black-looking, familiar with AA culture & jews o' color, basically knew nothing about AA & JOC, americans, french, israelis ...on and on.

After all of this, I still can't make a generalization about them other than to say that many of them seem to gravitate towards me. Could be the two-fer factor esp for US jewish men. They don't have to be with/consider marrying only Ashkenazi, Sephardi, etc. OTOH, that can't be it because I've been approached in some situations where, barring psychic ability, they couldn't have known I was a member of the tribe.

so it's mysterious.
ROFL about 'manbabies':grin:

I was with one for 4 years. Almost married. But you cannot generalize. Stingy, paranoid, comes in all groups men are men to me. My ex's fam and I are still close. And Still go to Passover Sedar.

My longest relationship was with a Jewish guy. Wouldn't do it again. I prefer to date other minorities.

I would not date or marry a Jewish man. They don't believe in a Heaven/Afterlife/Karma. One of my college roommates was Jewish and we debated it one day. I was raised in an interfaith family and I could be with someone Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu or any other religion, except Judaism.

LOL. My boyfriend/baby daddy is Jewish. I was actually looking for a nice Jewish guy. He is neurotic, frugal (nervous about money, not necessarily cheap) and ****** paranoid. Just on Thursday he was going on about how black people and Jews were going to be blamed for the next financial melt down. I just looked at him...

If it wasn't for me being a Christian I would have wanted to date or marry a Jewish man. I love their ethnic group. The ones I met were good people.

I would not date or marry a Jewish man. They don't believe in a Heaven/Afterlife/Karma. One of my college roommates was Jewish and we debated it one day. I was raised in an interfaith family and I could be with someone Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu or any other religion, except Judaism.

REALLY? That's news to me. Maybe the ONE you know about doesn't believe in the afterlife.:look: Question, do christians believe in karma???

And to this general thread and the open thoughts contained within....
GEE-ZEUS!!!:whyme:

Last edited:
I don't think it would go over very well with my thoughts of the original Jews were Black and the one's we have now are Russian converts.

Never dated a Jewish man, but one of my friends swears I should marry one because according to her they make very good husbands lol! :lachen: As in.....very doting....:look:

Idk if that's true or not, but she swears by it lol.

Back