• NO they dont care

Votes: 13 4.6%
  • I think they dont care to pay attention

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2cute2B4gotten said:
[/B]

Yes, and i have heard people make comments like that too. Most people assume that my hair is not real.... (and some have asked me to prove it when I tell them otherwise :eek: ).

This happened to me at a Mary Kay party I went to, I did not know any of the women there, and one lady just blurts out "who did your weave?" I was soo emberessed, I just thought it was rude...another lady jumps in and said "her hair is not weave cuz I was looking all up in her scalp for tracks when she first came in". I was soo ready to get out of there, it made me extremely uncomfortable. I don't understand why people act this way, there is nothing wrong with being curious, but have some tact!

SouthernGirl said:
My experience is that men prefer long hair, but I'm not sure about my guy. He always loved my hair long but he's never seen it short. I couldn't believe this, but he asked me if I'd consider cutting it short after the baby was born b/c he thought short hair would be just as cute on me. He doesn't understand all of our hair growing challenges!

For the past few days we've been looking at hair mags to find a shorter style, but I know that I wouldn't do anything other than a classic bob if I went short again. Oh well, well see...

SG
SG - we all LOVE your long hair!!
It sounds like he's curious and wants to experience you with a new look. I'm wondering if a cute wig in a short style might do the trick...

Honeyjammz, I check out your album and you are my daughter's hair twin!:eek: How do you get it straight?

honey_jammz82 said:
This happened to me at a Mary Kay party I went to, I did not know any of the women there, and one lady just blurts out "who did your weave?" I was soo emberessed, I just thought it was rude...another lady jumps in and said "her hair is not weave cuz I was looking all up in her scalp for tracks when she first came in". I was soo ready to get out of there, it made me extremely uncomfortable. I don't understand why people act this way, there is nothing wrong with being curious, but have some tact!

In situations such as these, you just have to assume that people don't know any better. :ohwell:

Sweetg said:
i agree long hair but also healthy hair.

a few years back when i had shoulder lenght hair it was very thick healthy and bouncy and behavin' hair.

men were all over me with this and always wanted to touch it. it wasn't even long.!!

I've had this experience. Even with hair a little longer than SL, I've found that I get a lot of attention when it's down and bouncy (like after a blowdry). Also, maybe it's because I feel good about the way I look at those moments.

I was at a club a few weeks ago with my hair down. It's BSL and fine, and it was freshly washed and set and was hanging in my trademark going-out random spirals and waves (always very pretty). I was introduced to some people sitting at a table and I noticed one of the guys would not stop staring at me--a white guy. All nite he stared.

Now, staring always makes me booger-check, cause you don't want to be sitting somewhere thinking you're cute and then you find out they were actually looking cause you were so NOT on point. But no boogers. A bathroom check confirmed the hair was just bangin. I caught men staring all night. The longer it gets, the more attention I get.

Hair is just sexy; it's a sign of health and sends unconscious signals to a male that you'd be a good breeder, along with pretty skin, nice teeth, all that. Seriously--saw it on the Discovery Channel :lol:!

Blu217 said:
I was at a club a few weeks ago with my hair down. It's BSL and fine, and it was freshly washed and set and was hanging in my trademark going-out random spirals and waves (always very pretty). I was introduced to some people sitting at a table and I noticed one of the guys would not stop staring at me--a white guy. All nite he stared.

Now, staring always makes me booger-check, cause you don't want to be sitting somewhere thinking you're cute and then you find out they were actually looking cause you were so NOT on point. But no boogers. A bathroom check confirmed the hair was just bangin. I caught men staring all night. The longer it gets, the more attention I get.

Hair is just sexy; it's a sign of health and sends unconscious signals to a male that you'd be a good breeder, along with pretty skin, nice teeth, all that. Seriously--saw it on the Discovery Channel :lol:!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Your post almost made me spit out my water and fall out my chair!:lachen:

This is interesting because I have always had long hair but I never really thought about it like this, I do occasionally wear a short wig and I notice men do notice long hair over short hair, but I still do get attention when I have my wig.

I remember once I came into work with a short wig and said I had cut my hair off, this guy who had been crushing on me was hurt seriously... LOL when I told him it was just a wig he was like "I thought u had lost your mind and cut all your hair off!!"

Also recently I wore a short wig to work and another guy busted out I don’t like your hair like that, then when I wear my hair out he does.

I do get attention regardless but I will agree that men do notice long hair for sure, I can even go as far as to say if I have my hair in a bun they will not notice me AS MUCH as if I have my hair out, I think its more like it shows you are put together and you care about yourself. Also I agree with that discovery thing.

Lastly I told my fiancée I wanted to grow my hair to waist length and he thinks its pointless, but he doesn’t like the idea of me cutting to neck length after I have a kid. So I think men like long hair , but I am curious to know what is considered the sexy length to them since my man thinks me going from midback to waist is pointless, then again he hates seeing my shed hairs in the bathroom.

Men like long hair like they like a nice rack and a curvy figure. It's one of those bonuses. Sure if it's the woman they like or love and she has sgorter hair or something they won't mind, but long hair is always seen as alluring and sexy by men.

Blu217 said:

This is very true, and supported by a large body of research. I teach undergraduate psychology, and what you have described is an evolutionary psychological theory of male/female reproductive behaviors. Men are attracted to women who they (unconsciously) believe have great reproductive potential, ie, soft, clear skin, long, healthy hair, large, clear eyes, etc. These are all indiciations that a woman is healthy and youthful and has many child bearing years ahead of her, thus allowing him to pass on his genes.

Yes, Yes, and Yes...

When I wear my hair out, I get more attention...(It could also be the fact that when I wear my hair up, I look 12 :look: (I'm 19)) I get attention with my hair up but but I do notice a guy will trip over himself just gawking. Especially now, my hair is almost BSL, it's crazy. In fact, my ex bf and even my close male friend go ga-ga over my "long" hair....I think men are attracted to that, period.

Last edited:
KiniKakes said:
This is very true, and supported by a large body of research. I teach undergraduate psychology, and what you have described is an evolutionary psychological theory of male/female reproductive behaviors. Men are attracted to women who they (unconsciously) believe have great reproductive potential, ie, soft, clear skin, long, healthy hair, large, clear eyes, etc. These are all indiciations that a woman is healthy and youthful and has many child bearing years ahead of her, thus allowing him to pass on his genes.

Wow. I didn't know men were still so primal. But it's on a subconscious level...VERY Interesting...

Yes longer hair does get more attention... You get the envy from black females and the guys just in general love long hair. My corner store, there were these arab guys that had a biiiiiig crush on me especially one in particular. He always said hi to me and flirted alot. I was like 15 16 at the time. My hair was a little longer than shoulder length then. I then cut it at 17 into a halle berry short cut to have more a mature look and at that time my hair was breaking badly. So when i went into the store again they asked my why i cut my hair and I told them why. The cut looked nice on me but the attention faded away FAST!!! lol So now that I grew my hair back again why am I receiving the same attention i got at 15 now at 21? lol men are crazy

Ive gotten more attention from guys after I went natural and my hair is still relatively short...I can only imagine how it will be as my hair gets longer.

*ElleB said:
Wow. I didn't know men were still so primal. But it's on a subconscious level...VERY Interesting...

Women are just as primal.

Your new relaxer is looking great by the way.

I am not at "long" hair by any means however I do know that when I had cut all my hair off (not even 1") the only type of attention I got was dudes asking who cut my hair? It was like we swapped barber shop stories:lol: !! I think the only 'compliment' I got was "You can rock that short cut" but never "What's your phone number?":lol:

my husband noticed me after I was all weaved up...:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had met him once before, but he does not remember that meeting... and swears to this day that it doesn't count...:look:

it's funny, I changed up my style from short and natural to "unbe-weave-able" ;) for my brother's wedding and all of a sudden I was on future DH's radar...

he swears it wasn't the hair... since then, he's seen me in a wide range of styles

weave (pun intended) been together for seven years now...

kelouis75 said:
my husband noticed me after I was all weaved up...:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had met him once before, but he does not remember that meeting... and swears to this day that it doesn't count...:look:

it's funny, I changed up my style from short and natural to "unbe-weave-able" ;) for my brother's wedding and all of a sudden I was on future DH's radar...

he swears it wasn't the hair... since then, he's seen me in a wide range of styles

weave (pun intended) been together for seven years now.

:lol::lol::lol: bumpin' and gigglin'

i'd say yeh, longer and/or bigger hair gets more attention for me.

patient1 said:
That aside, I believe that long hair must be some sort of primitive mating sign for the human male species. I've yet to meet a man who prefers short hair though many men accept it (they love the Halle Berry/Anita Baker haircuts...but that's because they're face-framing styles).

When they see your hair hanging down your back like a natural-grown ARROW it does something to them. Gets their imagination going....I guess.

It's definitely true that men are biologically attracted to abundant hair. It's a scientific fact (or at least a strong theory). I heard all about it a couple of years ago in a lecture on human sexuality, evolutionary psychology and the role it plays in propagation of genes, etc.

However, I would say that it doesn't matter if your hair is "hanging down" or if is big and growing up. When I was natural, I got mega attention when I went out with my big fluffy braid out. The key is that ABUNDANT hair is a sign of health, fertility, etc - factors that subconsciously influence sexual attraction.

ETA: ooh. Kinicakes already broke it down.
Anyway, I agree with whoever said that the long hair is a "bonus" to men. You might get more oohs and double takes with it, but really if a guys is feeling you, then short hair is definitely not a deal breaker. He may find it perfect on you.

Last edited:
Yes, I think men love long hair. My bf is always playing in my hair and telling me how soft and shinning it is. He tells me all the time to never cut my hair. My hair is shoulder length but it's becoming so much fuller and longer everyday!!!!!!

I would most def agree with that statement and for black men I hate to admit it but I really think in general they like to see length more so than “bigness” my hair is either long or big. And when its long I get more attention from black men than when it is “big” , I hadn’t really noticed the difference until recently. On the other hand some black men feel more validated that its “real” when its big which is in some of there eyes a plus, when in reality there are just as many ethnic weaves out there anyway.

Most men really don’t care if it’s a weave as long as the hair is long and they may not admit it but they do notice it and like it. I do think its some type of subconscious thing for them with fertility.

I have had x’s who really loved my hair and would brush it and play in it, my fiancée now is really not a hair guy so honestly I think he could care less, but I do think deep down my hair played a small role in his attraction to me where as with some men it plays a larger role.

Qetesh said:
I would most def agree with that statement and for black men I hate to admit it but I really think in general they like to see length more so than “bigness” my hair is either long or big. And when its long I get more attention from black men than when it is “big” , I hadn’t really noticed the difference until recently. On the other hand some black men feel more validated that its “real” when its big which is in some of there eyes a plus, when in reality there are just as many ethnic weaves out there anyway.

Most men really don’t care if it’s a weave as long as the hair is long and they may not admit it but they do notice it and like it. I do think its some type of subconscious thing for them with fertility.

I have had x’s who really loved my hair and would brush it and play in it, my fiancée now is really not a hair guy so honestly I think he could care less, but I do think deep down my hair played a small role in his attraction to me where as with some men it plays a larger role.

Well ure hair is beautiful, so you are obviously doing something right! Good luck reaching ure goals for ure wedding. :)

I dated this guy years ago that broke up with me b/c I cut my hair from about 25 inches to 1" :lachen: You know, the old Toni Braxton / Halle Berry cut I needed a change in my life. When I decided to grow it back, my now ex thought I was wearing a weave.

Anyway, my BF LOVES long hair. He just loves to look at it. :p

I think men definitely are drawn to lots of hair. I get more attention from men when I wear my hair out in the big fro than I do when it's in box braids or twists. I think all that hair just mesmerizes them or something.

Back