• Yes I think men love long hair

Votes: 266 94.3%
  • NO they dont care

Votes: 13 4.6%
  • I think they dont care to pay attention

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, this white guy told me that long hair is "just sexy." But that's just one of many, some guys as you all said, like confidence.

But I think in general, men period are attracted to beautiful long hair.;)

I know I've gotten more attention with longer hair, years ago I had shoulder length hair and I put a weave in the back that was about BSL and I couldn't believe all of the attention I was getting from men wherever I went! Now that my hair is growing longer my hubby can't keep his hands out of my hair!

Hareitiz said:
I know I've gotten more attention with longer hair, years ago I had shoulder length hair and I put a weave in the back that was about BSL and I couldn't believe all of the attention I was getting from men wherever I went! Now that my hair is growing longer my hubby can't keep his hands out of my hair!

Oh my! Your siggy is so intriguing. Where did you get this video clip from and how did this man catch on fire?:confused: :eek: :confused: :eek:

I voted a BIG yes..when I wear my hair in a bun men will just say hi and when I wear my hair down these same exact men (I ride the bus w/everyday) would engage me in conversation..I could really tell the difference

I guess I will finally get my husband in about 1.5 years and 6 more inches shiny healthy wind blowing hair:lol: just kidding. But they are attracted to long hair.

i agree long hair but also healthy hair.

a few years back when i had shoulder lenght hair it was very thick healthy and bouncy and behavin' hair.

men were all over me with this and always wanted to touch it. it wasn't even long.!!

black woman in gernal look EXOTIC as HECK with long hair honesty if you got long hair it looks so nice and whenever i see girl with BSL Or long rather it be weave or real hair you always stop and look..

Shea said:
I always ask for hair care tips and I just wanted to have a little fun and do one of theese.

Do you think that men are attracted to women with long hair? If so share your stories:)

Yeah, I always get more attention with longer hair. Even more if it's curly long hair instead of straight. I think it throws people off as to if its weave or not. Most men I've come across assume long straight hair is weave anyway and they just say it looks nice. They don't really care either way as long as it looks good.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Yeah, I always get more attention with longer hair. Even more if it's curly long hair instead of straight. I think it throws people off as to if its weave or not. Most men I've come across assume long straight hair is weave anyway and they just say it looks nice. They don't really care either way as long as it looks good.

Ya I hate that
straight flat look it just loooks dull unless you have it layered or somthing and men tend think its real when curly... i love your picture its to cute :)

i believe all men love long hair. i hate weaves but the one time i wore one (a shoulder length one with highlights) i got so much more attention!! guys i've know for years were doing double takes, heck i was at church and my friends walked right past me cause they didn't recognize me. My confidence level didn't change. Black girls just look exotic with long hair period.

Dannygirl said:
Ya I hate that
straight flat look it just loooks dull unless you have it layered or somthing and men tend think its real when curly... i love your picture its to cute :)

Thanks :) I was a long straight girl for a long time. I'm starting to forget what I looked like with bone straight hair its been so long. :lol: It's been almost a year and I don't think I'll ever go back to it.

determined_to_grow said:
DID you really say it wasn't even on straight :lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:
[/i][/b]

Yeah, I had to keep moving it because it was raining and I had to put on a hood, but all the men just saw the long hair, so they didn't care.

B_Phlyy said:
I agree, that's why I picked men love long hair.

My hair is short and I used to go get it done every two weeks, but not so much since I'm in school now.

Today I wore a wig that's about APL on me. It wasn't even on straight and I had still got more hollas today than when my short hair was on point.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

I have to agree that men love longer hair. Long hair is just sexy and is almost if the not the epitome of femine beauty. When I sport an 18" weave I grab the attention from men of all ages. I get attention from little preteen boys to 32+ year old men. And my hair's ability to grab attention does not descriminate against race and sometime gender either. Alot of white and indian guys like to talk to me too. Most people tend to tell me I look young when I have long hair. Im 18 so being confused for a 16 year old is not always pleasing. That makes me wonder about the older guys who think I look like jailbait yet still want to talk to me.

Last year in the 12th grade I wore my weave. I took a p.e. class with mostly freshmen. You know most seniors are easy to distiguish from the freshmen. Well most of those kids thought that I was a freshman like them. It took a whole semester before they knew that I wasn't one of them.

Lastly, I think women with long hair usually exude confidence. Guys tend to like confidence. Yet those who aren't so confidence just look innocent and angelic. Guys like that too. So it's a win win situation with long hair. As long as the hair is long and looks healthy guys will come flocking.

I do think men like long hair better.

My friend and I were talking about hair the other day (we both went natural a couple months ago) and she said, "I still can't believe you cut your hair. Guys used to play in it all the time. If I had guys wanting to play with my hair I don't think I could have done it." So of course I got to thinking.... :ohwell: "dang, she's right!"

Since going natural (which I love) a lot of guys haven't wanted to play in my hair or give me compliments on it. I don't know if that because it's shorter (chin length w/ shrinkage) or because they're afraid to mess it up since it's curly now....:confused: It will be interesting to note the attention I get from men once it gets back long.

patient1 said:
That aside, I believe that long hair must be some sort of primitive mating sign for the human male species. I've yet to meet a man who prefers short hair though many men accept it (they love the Halle Berry/Anita Baker haircuts...but that's because they're face-framing styles).

When they see your hair hanging down your back like a natural-grown ARROW it does something to them. Gets their imagination going....I guess.
p1

ITA especially with the bolded parts.

I know this may sound ignorant but its not my opinion but men assume that if have kids with a woman with the long bouncing healthy hair that his daughter will have that type of hair too.

Shea said:
I know this may sound ignorant but its not my opinion but men assume that if have kids with a woman with the long bouncing healthy hair that his daughter will have that type of hair too.

YEP... they sure do.. but i always thought it was more so woman who thought that

Dannygirl said:
YEP... they sure do.. but i always thought it was more so woman who thought that

The shame is that I have heard men straight up say they wanted to date hispanic looking ladies and white ladies cause don't know one want no nappy headed daughter!! :eek::mad::eek:

winterinatl said:
The shame is that I have heard men straight up say they wanted to date hispanic looking ladies and white ladies cause don't know one want no nappy headed daughter!! :eek::mad::eek:

then thats because they have a self hate of themselves...

shiningstar84 said:
hell yeah they love long hair. go start up a convo with a group of guys and ask them their thoughts. it's not exclusive to black males, all races love long hair.

True...I had this Jewish white kid feelin on me and when I took my braids out and cut it he was like..."um...it's nice." Even though everyone else thought my hair was on point. My daddy is the same way.When I started growing out my hair he would stand behind my mother and watch her straighten it and make comments like, "it's so black and long." When I Bc'd he flipped.

cmw45 said:
True...I had this Jewish white kid feelin on me and when I took my braids out and cut it he was like..."um...it's nice." Even though everyone else thought my hair was on point. My daddy is the same way.When I started growing out my hair he would stand behind my mother and watch her straighten it and make comments like, "it's so black and long." When I Bc'd he flipped.

:lachen:ROFLMAO!

If the hair looks like your hair and not a weave or wig I do think you get a bit more attention. However, its not the same as back in the day when weaves weren't as prevelent. Back then if your hair was long there was no question as to if it were real or not and you def. got lots of attention with long hair. As a dark skinned woman I do see I get more attention with longer hair. People still believe the sterotype that dark women can't grow hair.:perplexed

I voted yes...I've noticed that a lot of men I know prefer longer hair. Men do give attention to ladies with long hair but so do women. I know I love seeing african american women with gorgeous long and healthy hair (the hair has to look healthy though not rough and damaged.) I consider healthy shoulder length hair to be long.

Shea said:
I always ask for hair care tips and I just wanted to have a little fun and do one of theese.

Do you think that men are attracted to women with long hair? If so share your stories:)

Definitely. Men (all men) love long hair. I used to travel alot for business. Anyway, my clients were old and I appeared b/4 alot of Texas judges (who are MEAN--but that's another story). Anyway, I was trying really hard to appear effective so I wore my hair in a bun 90% of the time. I got very little attention at the airport. Then I decided to start wearing my hair down; I got SOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH attention from everyone. It was so weird.

Men LOVE long hair, oh boy, yessir they do! :lachen:

I get attention when I wear my hair in a bun...but on the days I wear it down, OMG, it's amazing. I once had a guy literally run into a lightpole cause he was starting at my hair, it was hilarious! The friends I was with were like, "dang, you need to wear it down all the time!"

Back