JEWISH MEN

Ever dated a Jewish Man?

• YES

Votes: 36 28.3%
  • NO

Votes: 91 71.7%

• Total voters
I've a few Jewish males friends but I've never dated a Jewish guy due to my friends always rave on 'bout how the want to marry a nice Jewish girl.

SouthernTease said:
]
I'm from New Orleans, I never really knew
what Jewish was until High School and even
then I never met any Jewish people until
I got to Miami. He's very paranoid...
especially about money and I know this
is bad but I just learned from a friend
from New York that Jewish people in
general are very frugal and paranoid
about people taking stuff from them...
I sensed that before I even knew this
stereotype... I hate to generalize, but
is that what your Jewish friend was like?

The Jewish guys I know are very paranoid bout money, but then so is my fiancé and he’s atheist.

No...never dated one and not sure I would. Although Im not a full-fledge Christian (go to church regularly) I do identify with Christianity. And i just have this thing about unequally yoked homes. I dont know...

Briefly dated two, didn't work out, but I don't blame that on them being Jewish. They were just jerks. :lol:

As much as Jewish guys talk about marrying "nice Jewish girls" (and vice versa), I find Jewish folks much more likely to date black folks (or other non-whites).

I give all men a shot, so if a Jewish guy approached me and I was feelin' him, I'd go for it.

I had a Jewish friend. He was kinda frugal and just paranoid period. I've worked with a lot of Jews and they all seem to come across as slightly neurotic.

I did once, but only for a few months. Just did not work out. Not because he was Jewish though. He was a cutie. I think of him sometimes. I do see him sometimes at the tennis park near us and I am always :sekret:

Not sure why I don't like seeing old lovers...

buttafly said:
I had a Jewish friend. He was kinda frugal and just paranoid period. I've worked with a lot of Jews and they all seem to come across as slightly neurotic.

I babysit for a jewish family and her husband (well now Ex husband and for good reason) is crazy. He really needs professional help. Very neurotic, controlling, and insecure.

SouthernTease said:
I'm seeing one now.
I'm from New Orleans, I never really knew
what Jewish was until High School and even
then I never met any Jewish people until
I got to Miami. He's very paranoid...
especially about money and I know this
is bad but I just learned from a friend
from New York that Jewish people in
general are very frugal and paranoid
about people taking stuff from them...
I sensed that before I even knew this
stereotype... I hate to generalize, but
is that what your Jewish friend was like?

Boy talk about stereotypes! I hope there is no thread on a Jewish board saying "well you know black women are generally rude, loud and emasculating." I know you did not mean it that way but we really have to be careful throwing around generalizations.

Now to answer your question, yes indeed I have in the past and we are still good friends today. I did not find him to be frugal with money as the stereotype about them goes, but I find that they do not like to waste money. They find absolutely nothing wrong with spending $300 to advance themselves educationally. But they would be hard pressed to spend $150 for say a pair of jeans. During our relationship, he showered me with gifts and paid for EVERYTHING. But if there was something I wanted and he could not see the economics of it, he would definitely try to talk me out of it.

I have always been amazed at the Jewish stereotype of stingyness and frugality when you look at all the countless donations they have made to science, arts, culture and social causes. When was the last time wing of a big museum named after an Asian? But you always see the Doris Weinberge Cancer Center for example.

I think you guys are right, unfortunately.

The guy that I dated always thought someone was out to get him or me. Once we went out to eat and we did not get waited on right away. He insisted that it was because I am black and that he was going to say something to the manager. I was so EMBARRASSED!! He ended up making a little scene and not only did we get our food free, but he got a gift certificate to come back. Luckily he had to go with some other woman to use that certificate, I just got sick of his drama.

Bunny77 said:
I find Jewish folks much more likely to date black folks (or other non-whites).

This is definitely the case where I'm from... a lot of them are more likely to be interested in women of color.

Not only that, but a lot of them are in the hip hop industry too.. Scott Storch to name one, Mark Ecko, a whole bunch of A&R people, Alchemist (hold you doown :) ), Beastie Boys... ok u get it.

My ex was Jewish. Part of the reason he dumped me was because I was supposedly "sending him into debt" mind you we only went out to eat at restaurants like Applebee's and a fast food joints and I always offered to go dutch. Not even two weeks later he gets with some Jewish girl, and they are still together. I don't think I'll ever date a Jewish guy again. Yeah, I shouldn't take those stereotypes too serious, but generally some guys do better with their own culture. I don't know. Perhaps my immature feelings will change in a while, but that really hurt me. But the guy I'm with now is a good ol' American christian boy who LOVES to wine and dine me.

redRiot said:
My ex was Jewish. Part of the reason he dumped me was because I was supposedly "sending him into debt" mind you we only went out to eat at restaurants like Applebee's and a fast food joints and I always offered to go dutch. Not even two weeks later he gets with some Jewish girl, and they are still together. I don't think I'll ever date a Jewish guy again. Yeah, I shouldn't take those stereotypes too serious, but generally some guys do better with their own culture. I don't know. Perhaps my immature feelings will change in a while, but that really hurt me. But the guy I'm with now is a good ol' American christian boy who LOVES to wine and dine me.

I know that's right! :grin:

Well, I am glad that my jewish guy did enjoy spending some cash, but I was only with him for a few months. I don't think that is a long time to really get to know someone to see the TRUE colors.

Tzarina said:
The Jewish guys I know are very paranoid bout money, but then so is my fiancé and he’s atheist.

Out of curiosity, he's jewish and an atheist? Is that even possible?

Bunny77 said:
Briefly dated two, didn't work out, but I don't blame that on them being Jewish. They were just jerks. :lol:

As much as Jewish guys talk about marrying "nice Jewish girls" (and vice versa), I find Jewish folks much more likely to date black folks (or other non-whites).

I give all men a shot, so if a Jewish guy approached me and I was feelin' him, I'd go for it.

Really? I alwasy thought they are strictly into finding Jewish wives. I actually saw a Hasidic Jew with a black woman the other day, and I couldn't stop staring. They were extremely cute though they kept smiling and kissing each other, like two teenagers.

PME_LADY said:
I have always been amazed at the Jewish stereotype of stingyness and frugality when you look at all the countless donations they have made to science, arts, culture and social causes. When was the last time wing of a big museum named after an Asian? But you always see the Doris Weinberge Cancer Center for example.

Good point... this rich dude in Los Angeles already gave tons of money to his alma mater's business school and just gave $26 million more for an art museum.

This is in my neck of the woods...

Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum

MSU receives $26 million from Eli and Edythe Broad for new art museum

June 1, 2007

Michigan State University will be the home of a new world-class art museum focusing on modern and contemporary art thanks to a gift of $26 million from philanthropist and MSU alumnus Eli Broad and his wife, Edythe.

buttafly said:
Cosigning!!!!!

imstush said:

Really? I alwasy thought they are strictly into finding Jewish wives. I actually saw a Hasidic Jew with a black woman the other day, and I couldn't stop staring. They were extremely cute though they kept smiling and kissing each other, like two teenagers.

The guy could be culturally Jewish but not religiously Jewish... so he could feel attached to his Jewishness, but not "believe."

As for the dating thing, I know so many Jewish people married to non-Jews, it's crazy. Jewish temples have really had to rethink their strategies to keep members... my Jewish friend and her husband (a white Catholic) attend Temple even though he isn't a member... the temples welcome non-Jewish spouses because they don't want to lose the Jewish members they have.

So yeah, like us, they will put a premium on marrying within their group, but the modern generation of Jews really doesn't put any personal restriction on marrying outside of the faith... including non-white folks.

imstush said:

awww, that's so cute! Liberty Heights is a cute movie about a black girl/ jewish boy pairing. I find the coupling to be so cute, too bad my experience wasn't as great.

Bunny77 said:
Good point... this rich dude in Los Angeles already gave tons of money to his alma mater's business school and just gave $26 million more for an art museum.

This is in my neck of the woods...

Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum

MSU receives $26 million from Eli and Edythe Broad for new art museum

June 1, 2007

Michigan State University will be the home of a new world-class art museum focusing on modern and contemporary art thanks to a gift of $26 million from philanthropist and MSU alumnus Eli Broad and his wife, Edythe.

Uh huh those philanthropic gifts are tax write offs...

imstush said:

She might be converting or convertied. The Jewish friend I mentioned wanted a woman of color to convert to Judaism.

HoneyDew said:
I did once, but only for a few months. Just did not work out. Not because he was Jewish though. He was a cutie. I think of him sometimes. I do see him sometimes at the tennis park near us and I am always :sekret:

Not sure why I don't like seeing old lovers...

Same here. I dealt with one short term. We were friends since high school, but after he got a good job making big money here in Nyc after college, he became a jerk. Lol. So I don't talk to him anymore. :lachen:

buttafly said:
Tax deductions, not tax credits. So they only save the their tax rate which is prob. max thirtysomething percent of the 26 million. So he still had to come aout of pocket 20+ million.

ETA: Dated briefly in college. I couldn't get past him saying "my parents would kill me". Dude, be a man.
\

buttafly said:

True... but hey, folks on all sides benefit. So everyone's happy. :)

I'd rather someone donate and get a tax deduction than not do it at all.

natalied said:
Tax deductions, not tax credits. So they only save the their tax rate which is prob. max thirtysomething percent of the 26 million. So he still had to come aout of pocket 20+ million.

ETA: Dated briefly in college. I couldn't get past him saying "my parents would kill me". Dude, be a man.
\

I used the correct layman's terminology. I spent four months of hell working in a Jewish CPA firm there are tricks to the trade...

imstush said:

Girl, I have a friend (not the Jewish guy I dated) who is a Jewish atheist. But his Jewishness is all in his heritage and not religion. But his parents were not atheist and tried to instill some sense of spirituality in him - something went wrong I guess. He is an atheist and his sister married and became a Christan.

imstush said:

Works for him, he’s parents aren’t really into religion so he never learnt. Hes gonna be Catholic for 6th Sept though.

Bunny77 said:
The guy could be culturally Jewish but not religiously Jewish... so he could feel attached to his Jewishness, but not "believe."

As for the dating thing, I know so many Jewish people married to non-Jews, it's crazy. Jewish temples have really had to rethink their strategies to keep members... my Jewish friend and her husband (a white Catholic) attend Temple even though he isn't a member... the temples welcome non-Jewish spouses because they don't want to lose the Jewish members they have.

So yeah, like us, they will put a premium on marrying within their group, but the modern generation of Jews really doesn't put any personal restriction on marrying outside of the faith... including non-white folks.

@ bolded...now that we are discussing it I am thinking about it. There is an officer at my company that is Jewish and married an indian woman not to long ago, and he converted to her religion ~ changed his name and everything. Don't know why I find this so interesting.

redRiot said:
awww, that's so cute! Liberty Heights is a cute movie about a black girl/ jewish boy pairing. I find the coupling to be so cute, too bad my experience wasn't as great.

I would love to see this movie...off to blockbuster.com

I haven't dated a Jewish man, but I wouldn't have any issue with it as long as he wasn't just "playing" until he met a nice Jewish girl to take home to the family.

Back