Indecent Proposal

Indecent Proposal

• Heck yeah! $1 million cash tax free shopping spree!

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • Heck no! There's no price for the damage that could be done

Votes: 43 67.2%
  • Unsure...explain why

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MsKipani

My friends and I were discussing this last night - say you're married and someone approaches you and your spouse, propositioning $1 million for one night with your spouse. Would you do it? Is there a price that you would condone this? Is sex just sex and you could just get over it? What if your spouse was all for it and you weren't? We had a somewhat heated discussion - a group of men and women.
Also, the debate was that the longer you're married the more willing you may be to indulge in activities like this. Do you agree? Is it much easier overtime to allow your spouse to have sex with someone else?

Last edited:
I would have a hard time answering this fairly since I'm not married. I would say, I'd leave it up to him. Since he's the one in the hot seat, and it's ultimately his decision, if I feel that I can't get over it later on, he can't place any blame on me.

ETA: Man I wrote this response over a year ago. It's 2009 and I say, show me the money! Money talks baby!

Last edited:
It depends on how the relationship was from the start. I've talked about women I know who said they didn't even sleep with their husband on their honeymoon and encouraged their husband to have women on the side so that they won't have to have sex. For them, the answer would be easy.

It depends on how the relationship was from the start. I've talked about women I know who said they didn't even sleep with their husband on their honeymoon and encouraged their husband to have women on the side so that they won't have to have sex. For them, the answer would be easy.

what?!?! why even get married then?

I'm married.

My DH would not accept this proposal for ANY amount of money.
If DH wanted me to do it for money, I would do it and stay with the dude with the money. NO JOKE.

I actually asked my boyfriend this a while ago he HATED the idea if someone wanted to do that to me and i thought that was funny cus
I WOULD PIMP HIM IN A MINUTE!!!!

DOLLA DOLLA DOLLA BILLS!:grin:

DH and I had this conversation, and we agreed that we would both be most disappointed in the other if we turned that opportunity down. :lol:

I've worked on my feet all my life, and I've never landed a cool million in a lump sum - if I can do if for 20 minutes on my back? Shheeeeettttt. In a heartbeat.

If it was someone feening for him, I'd drive him there, wait for him, and take him home, too. :lachen:

We'd need recent health papers (within the last month), and full protection - condoms and dental dams all the way.
Otherwise? Roll on and count them stacks! It's just a lil sex. ;)

Last edited:
Absolutely not! It's willful adultery and no amount of money will fix what that mess will do to our spirits. :nono:

Considering the fact that I'm not a call girl, Hell NO!!! I would also be a little upset that he thought that it was OK to approach me with that offer. What the heck do I look like?? I mean the thought of a million dollars sounds lovely (I can picture Rodeo Dr) but knowing what I did to get the money would leave me kinda ashamed.

Also, since I'm not married, I can't say for sure. But marriage is sacred and when people allow for things to creep into their marriage that involve others it never turns out good.

Last edited:
DH and I had this conversation, and we agreed that we would both be most disappointed in the other if we turned that opportunity down. :lol:

I've worked on my feet all my life, and I've never landed a cool million in a lump sum - if I can do if for 20 minutes on my back? Shheeeeettttt. In a heartbeat.

If it was someone feening for him, I'd drive him there, wait for him, and take him home, too. :lachen:

We'd need recent health papers (within the last month), and full protection - condoms and dental dams all the way.
Otherwise? Roll on and count them stacks! It's just a lil sex. ;)

Girl you crack me up :yawn:. I am over here laughing.

I think the movie of the same name gives a good response to the suggestion.:nono::nono: No amount of money could heal a truly loving marriage.

No.
The mental damage for us would not be worth it.
I know some people could do it and not be affected, but we would be.
Especially my DH. He would not be able to get over the fact that I was o.k with him getting it on with another woman for money.

That $1 million is the potential cost of your marriage so it depends on how much you value your marriage. Post- the Proposal life would never be the same as before no matter what anyone says. I'm not willing to take that risk as marriage for me is supposed to last a life time. Besides marriage is hard work enough without the complications of infidelity.

Yeah, I don't think I could do it and I wouldn't want my husband to do it. While it is possible to separate sex from love, I feel it's best when they are combined....But I'd be pissed if we turned down the offer and I found out later my husband cheated on me for free!! :nono:

girl yessssssssssssssssss all you got ta do is spread your cheeks and look to the sky and it will all be over in a few minutes:look:

I hope you're joking because thats :barf:,,, with that attitude, I suppose we should all have no issue with being high price prostitutes......

:look: I don't. It's not a job I would want, because I'm not into sex like that - but I can't knock those who do it, and make their money from it.

We all whore ourselves out, one way or another - selling something that is of ourselves (whether it be our brain power, our physical abilities, our training or our education) to someone in exchange for money. Whores use a physical attribute that they have and that is of value to others in order to get their money. I consider models (at all levels) to be whores that just don't get physically screwed - selling their bodies to the highest bidder.

:look: I don't. It's not a job I would want, because I'm not into sex like that - but I can't knock those who do it, and make their money from it.

We all whore ourselves out, one way or another - selling something that is of ourselves (whether it be our brain power, our physical abilities, our training or our education) to someone in exchange for money. Whores use a physical attribute that they have and that is of value to others in order to get their money. I consider models (at all levels) to be whores that just don't get physically screwed - selling their bodies to the highest bidder.

I see what your saying... But, being a model is different than being a prostitute. At least, in my opinion. I mean there is definitely a difference between runway/couture models and models in Men's mags so I'm not referring to the men's models. But, taking a picture and having sex are two different things. Even though that still might be how some of them get down:grin:

I would tell him to shower, shave, and s#it to get ready for her.... oh, and get it in cash BEFORE you do the do. :lol:

It would take a lot more than a million for me to seriously consider it. It would be VERY tempting, but in the end I think I would decline. It just wouldn't feel right.

Absolutely not. I think that more often than not, in the end it will play out exactly like it did in the movie..... It would "haunt" the relationship and ultimately destroy it. :nono:

You know what? I would be okay with it if it were ME, but I would NOT want him to be the one screwing someone else. I mean honestly, I know I wouldn't really want to do it, but my bills are so high and I have so much going on with credit, lost both our jobs and started new ones but we are trying to catch up on what we missed... three kids, 2 still in diapers, daycare, a foreclosure on our house we just lost... I'd do it. I know my heart wouldn't go anywhere, but I'd be scared the other way around, you never know what might happen....

But, I know I'd get it ALL in my name and in CASH before hand! He'll get over it as soon as I buy him a benz... he MAY be psychologically bothered by it, but I think he would get over it better than I would the other way around...

It's a tough decision, but I'd have to jump at that money... the position my family is in, we'd HAVE to do it because we pretty much are in a boat where the hole is big, and water is rushing in... but we got two spoons to scoop the water out with...

I see what your saying... But, being a model is different than being a prostitute. At least, in my opinion. I mean there is definitely a difference between runway/couture models and models in Men's mags so I'm not referring to the men's models. But, taking a picture and having sex are two different things. Even though that still might be how some of them get down:grin:

Definitely - and it's largely a result of (I think) how we are socialized to view sex, and how that carries over into sexwork vs. other types of work. It's all a job to me, if you are getting paid for it.

Back